PDA

View Full Version : shipping large box

hondahaulic
01-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Hello, I searched the open forum for a while but couldn't really find my answer. I have found an item on ebay that im interested in (a snowmobile hood) and I might be able to get it for a decent price but it sounds like shipping may be an issue. The seller says this:

"Local pick-up only. I have tried to calculate a rate using UPS, Fed-EX and DHL. All stated it was to big to ship. The dimensions are 49L x 44W x 18H. If you can find a way to ship it, I will be glad to, but you pay for it."

This would be going from Ohio to Iowa, and surely there must be some way to handle shipping it. It does sound like the seller will cooperate in shipping the item if i can find a way. Does anybody know the best way of going about having this shipped to me if I would win the auction?

phreakboy
01-12-2008, 09:59 PM
If you can get him to drop it off at greyhound, that will be your cheapest bet, sometimes takes a little longer but will be dirt cheap for shipping.

hondahaulic
01-13-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't have any experience at all with greyhound shipping, but I did just check out their website some. The way I read it, the seller drops the package off to be shipped and I get a call when its at their location nearest to me. Then I go pick it up. So does greyhound usually take quite a bit longer to ship than fed-ex or ups, or is it really not that big of a deal? anything else i need to know?

phreakboy
01-13-2008, 05:55 PM
It usually not that bad on time frame, they basically just stick it in a bus going that direction, the only time it usually takes a bit is if its something pretty big like a car hood. Then it sometimes takes longer till they have a place it will fit. But otherwise yes its not normally a big deal.

ceaserthethird
01-14-2008, 07:31 PM
I had nothing but bad luck with GreyHound .... Damage the whole Hood !

A got dam Saleen Hood too .... Never again

phreakboy
01-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Thats surprising, my buddie and I have shipped quite a few things through them and never had a single issue.