PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Whites rear Kawi fender

Orangecnty250r
01-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Do you really think they were on his machine??:eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43965&viewitem=&item=250205025041&_trksid=p3907.m29

the tecate kid
01-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Bill I wondered the same thing, a few weeks ago he had Jackie Meadow's fender on ebay. Either this guy was involved with Team Green, or he is full of ----.

Bryan Raffa
01-13-2008, 03:23 PM
shure as heck look like they were.. how readily available are all them stickers?

prohemi500
01-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Gonna be tough to say, I am with the kid, he has to have some prior association with team green/kawasaki for them to be legit or be an extremely lucky fan to have those. If the guy was into ATC's he could have saved those stickers from back in the day and used them now, :idea: although I think that is highly doubtful. Still would be cool to have...:cool:

ProCarbine2k1
01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
tunes wants those. whatever they sell for, theyll probably go big. worth every penny imo, would LOVE to hang those on my wall...

scooterroo
01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
they say excellent shape, however there is a huge peice missing on the left side fender. and unless there is some kind of authentication certificate or something with them, you would never truely know if they ever where used by jimmy white. as for the stickers, i have the same ones, i got off ebay to complete my jimmy white replica. vintage atv stickers.

scooterroo
01-14-2008, 05:59 PM
after further review, both sides have been cut...weird. in my opinion, not worth it.

Tri-Z Pilot
01-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Notice he said they were on a quad that Jimmy White raced back in the day, but he has them listed as t3 fenders. I dont think someone associated with team green or racing would make that mistake.

hadar
01-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I have doubts of the authenticity of these. They would be cool if they were real but real crappy if they weren’t. I’m a big fan JW but I’m not willing to risk that much cash on a possible hoax.

x.system
01-14-2008, 07:59 PM
after further review, both sides have been cut...weird. in my opinion, not worth it.

Those fenders look more like tire rub than cut, I see this all the time on tt bikes so I would be looking for JW's tt bike pics if you can find any to verify. Anyone ask the seller where or how he got them?

Billy Golightly
01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Yup, I agree Jim. My 250R fenders have the same thing, more so on the left side from my ass hanging off the seat and pressing down on them but machines that were TT'ed would obviously have it on both sides. The only thing I can say is it looks like they were pretty large tires if thats what its from.

hadar
01-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Do you really think they were on his machine??:eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43965&viewitem=&item=250205025041&_trksid=p3907.m29

I can see the Bassani sticker in not on the pic of JW. So we know it wasn't from that t3 in the pic. I wonder what they will end up going for.

They could be from this one:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg149/Leadcrowns/EarlMillsap1.jpg

90nerd
01-16-2008, 04:24 PM
I bought a tank from the guy and I guess his brother had something to do with team green. JW had MANY different trikes and the cutouts are from tirerub. If you look through the old mags(lake George ice racing) I think you can find these fenders with matching stickers. The first pic aboveis 2nd gen. t3,these are obviously 85's. I wonder how many trikes were "jimmy's" during that year,I'll bet half a dozen at least. I think they're legit and I'll bet there is a mag pic out there somewhere that has them in it.

ATCT
01-16-2008, 06:14 PM
They look almost exact to the original pic posted in this post, and then the one at the bottom of the post by Hadar. Based on the discoloration of the JT Racing, I'd say these are original stickers. Not to mention, the cuts/wear are almost exact.

In any event, even if they aren't, the fenders are only at $200 right now. I'm paying well over that with shipping for a crappy Maier rear fender. I'd say it's worth it for a racing OEM fender. Looks pretty cool to me. If I had the extra cash, I'd definitely grab em.

cr480r
01-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Jimmy White probably had several fenders, and I am sure his fans had even more... Unless this guy has some sort of proof I would say think they are most likely replicas...

motoman1012002
01-17-2008, 04:30 AM
I hate to say it but these really are from Jimmy's and jackies bikes Jackie doesnt live to far from me, the guy thats selling them is the guy that builds jackie's custom choppers and has a few very rare kawie items and hes selling them to get them out of the shop, Jackie grew up in that town two

brrcuda
01-17-2008, 05:05 AM
Not my cup of tea, but if i purchased those, I would seek out JW and get them signed. That would make them more authentic anyways and increase value.

Now i would rather repo them myself for my 86 with a new set of fenders. Hmmm..

I know tri-z tunes is moddest with his collection, but has anyone seen his ATCs? He must have some crazy ass set of old school racers....

Its amazing to me what many (including myself) will pay for a piece of plastic .

scooterroo
01-17-2008, 05:27 PM
jimmy white did run kawi powered trx250r in the legends races, and i believe the quad did have 85 t3 rears on it...now i need to go search thru endless hours of pics to find it....

well after searching...he used 86/7 fenders on his legends quad, and it kinda looks like a 2 stroke mojave!!!! sweeeeeeeeet.

ProCarbine2k1
01-17-2008, 11:36 PM
I had my heart set on them, just not my wallet. I would have went higher, but just wasnt 100% on the authenticity.

TRIZTUNES
01-18-2008, 04:59 PM
HI,

Those fender are alittle more famous then just being jimmy white's.

I'm surprized someone esle has not notice these are the fenders from the dirtwheels ad.

It is the renewal of your subscription.

It's where jimmy white"s racing a lt 250r.

I only have a poster of it can not resize.

Maybe someone else has it? I think 3wheeler.org uses it once in awhile.

I love sitting back and watching you people stick your foot in you mouth.

DON'T WORRY THEY ARE GOING TO A GOOD HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRIZTUNES

ATCT
01-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey man, I thought they were real!

hadar
01-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh, you mean this pic...
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg149/Leadcrowns/tecate-quadracer.jpg

Well, I'm no expert but the oakley stickers don't look to be the same color at all. Unless you are talking about a different pic there Tunes, I don't see anyway to prove these are real. If they are that's great and if they are not that's fine too. Keep in mind that a book was published on how to make a JW REPLICA and many people might have actually went through with it. The JW book Never mentioned to cut the fenders in such a fashion to my recollection. I love watching you put your foot in your mouth, Total BS thing to say BTW.

Orangecnty250r
01-18-2008, 06:14 PM
I am sure there were many of his rear fenders and the story is not so far fetched.....actually I am to much of a perfectionist to deal with that tire rub /cut out whatever it is.....If the plastic was perfect there would have been a real good chance they'd be on there way to my house.:naughty:

Tekawte1
01-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Going to a good home... Yeah Going to be hidden from the rest of the world.. Anyone ever see tunz collection.. NO?? O well ... :mad: I hate loosing to tunz on ebay.. I need the stuff and he just stockpiles it.. SMH

ProCarbine2k1
01-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Atleast the idiot had to pay for them. Stick that in your mouth tunes... What about your collection? Yeah, dont remember seeing it. And we all know those are the only Tecate fenders that could have matched the dirtwheels ad, hope they fit in your closet.

chris200x
01-19-2008, 12:05 AM
whoa.. easy now fellas. Tunes is a stand up guy. The reason he wont post pics of his stuff is because of the bickering and rude comments that goes along with some of the Idiots on this forum and some of these auctions/parts posted. :cry:

Personally I wish he would change his mind.. :drool:

DeePa
01-19-2008, 12:36 AM
Atleast the idiot had to pay for them. Stick that in your mouth tunes... What about your collection? Yeah, dont remember seeing it. And we all know those are the only Tecate fenders that could have matched the dirtwheels ad, hope they fit in your closet.

youre the reason why he wont post pictures.....

ProCarbine2k1
01-19-2008, 12:48 AM
No, Im definitely NOT the reason he wont post pictures. If you want to stretch a comment like that out, go back and look at the rest of my posts, you dont see me giving anyone a hard time. But when someone like tunes wants to make the comments he does, how he loves seeing us stick our feet in our mouths, then ya know what? Im going to give it back to him. Go back and look at some of his past arrogant posts whining about this that and the other, wondering why people dont appreciate his arrogant attitude.
By the way deepa, if youre still holding a grudge about my light guard.. get over it.

chris200x
01-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Have you read how other members have bashed him in the ebay forum? I'd be a bit bitter myself.

I'm outta here....

ProCarbine2k1
01-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Yeah, I have seen some of the stuff and definitely dont agree with a lot that is said. Maybe Im just a bet sensitive to some of the stuff he says or something, I dunno.
I can understand how he would be bitter at some members for running prices up on him and what not, but those members are far and few between. Most of us are just trying to get a small share of parts/ memoribilia for ourselves, trying to establish our own collections and what not, I know I am. I bid to win, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt. Who knows, maybe another set will come down the line in the near future.

DeePa
01-20-2008, 12:11 AM
nah i dont care bout the hl guard, wouldnt have fit anyways.

just saying, if you cant pay the cash he is, then you shouldnt be complaining.

its his money. if he can spend it on trike parts, then good for him. i wish i could.

ProCarbine2k1
01-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Im not compaining about the cash, it wasnt that. Its the "I love watching all of you stick your foot in your mouth" talk that seems to fit the rest of the crap hes posted.
I could and still can put up the cash he does/did, but I didnt, and thats no big deal. Im not frustrated that I didnt get them, I guess in my mind I just couldnt verify that they were actually Jimmy White's, and whether they were or not thats fine by me. If he could, then it was a wise purchase for a more than fair price. Maybe I should have clarified, it wasnt the purchase, just the arrogance he has behind it. Hope that made sense...