PDA

View Full Version : Found an 85 Odyssey for Sale...

Jeb
05-29-2003, 11:11 AM
You just never know what your going to come across. It's just a few doors down from where I found My Tri-Z a couple years ago.

85 Model, pretty good shape. front plastic looks like hell but you can tell overall that it's been taken care of. Electric start works, New top end, DG Pipe, new Tires. The guy is asking $2200.00 Good price or not?

ATCs Reborn
05-29-2003, 12:45 PM
sure it's an 85? fl350? if so, 2200 isn't too bad anymore, they are gettin expensive. the fl350 is a nice machine with alot of potential. first off if ya get it, you're gonna wanna ebay that dg. it's the loudest freakin setup i've ever heard. get the triple eee or atv racing's pipe and silencer setup. next, dispose of the stock gas tank and get a spun aluminum setup. does away with the crap vacuum powered fuel pump setup and makes it a HELLUVA lot easier to work on anything on the engine. then you'll wanna do somethin about the stock airbox setup that starves the engine of air. if ya get it, gimme a buzz, and i'll try and help ya get it producin some power.
peace,
steve
pyxistorts@earthlink.net

Jeb
05-29-2003, 01:51 PM
Steve, thanks for the info! It's probably worth it, but I probably won't get it.

It's fully suspended. It's definitely an 85. That's the only reason I even stopped to look at it. If it's still there today when I go by I will make sure but I believe it has an aluminum tank mounted above the engine on the roll cage.

J.D.
05-29-2003, 04:45 PM
2,200 seems expensive got a go-cart with suspension in my opinion...

Wickedfinger
05-29-2003, 10:39 PM
I had an '85 and it was a really nice machine except for one little problem - they have the turning radius of the Queen Mary. Unless you intend on using it in the desert only, don't waste your money.