PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Eclipse Q's???

SYKO
01-16-2008, 07:22 PM
im going to be picking up a 1996 mitsubishi Eclipse GS soon, I want to know what commong problems they have if anyone knows of any, I will be only the 3rd owner, all documented miles and service work done, 134,000 miles on the OD low for the age I consider, about 60,000 put on by the last owner (good freinds, and driven very easily) 2.0 4 banger with 5 speed, all power works, needs PS pump (will have it done before pickup) AC blows stupid cold

here is the stuff done to the car

tein lowering springs
tein 5 way adjustable struts
5 ziggen 17 inch wheels (only weight about 12lbs a peice!)
strut works poly busing kit for all of the suspension
new cv axles
skunkworks strut braces front and rear
AEN cold air under fender intake
Greddy cat back exuahst (very nice mellow tone, not all swarm of bees soundin)
short shifter

apc back glow gages
some kind of aftermarket projector headlights
broadway rear view mirror
euro clear tail lamps

what it needs is a paint job and a windsheild I can handle both of those

the cool thing about it Im trading one of my other vehicles for it so total cost so far would be the other vehicle at $250 beans!

but seriously what if any are issues with these cars? I know I still see alot of them on the road still, also I dont plan on doing any steet racing or crap like that either, just using it to save a bit of gas thats all
mbquart speakers

Tri-Z Pilot
01-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Watch out for the timing belt, they go often and when they do they trash the valves. Other than I havent heard anything, and they rip pretty good.

The Goat
01-16-2008, 08:02 PM
...check your motor...if you have a GST...you're sitting on a potential beast.

SYKO
01-16-2008, 08:11 PM
no its the regular 2.0 gs motor, I wish it was a gst or gsx! mmmmm AWD would have been saaweet! oh and I think the timing belt has allready been changed

team-red-rider
01-16-2008, 09:21 PM
that 2.0 is a non contact motor as far as i know?
as in if the timing belt goes the valves dont smash the piston....etc

brapp
01-16-2008, 10:31 PM
red rider shut up i ahve a 98 eclipse with a 2.0 and auto with smashed valves formt he timign belt jumpign from beign worn.

The Goat
01-16-2008, 10:47 PM
hehe...i kinda knew that was coming. lol. thanks for the laugh brapp.

oOGoFastOo
01-17-2008, 02:40 AM
all i know is that they survive crashes really well my brother had one that we crashed at 120mph flopped it end for end about 5 times and ended up hanging in a tree and we both walked home afterwards.

SamRambo
01-17-2008, 03:08 AM
common problems?

the list is too long.

cut the fart cannon off and install stock sized exhaust should be #1
that fart cannon doesn't help you at all and they sound retarded, and actually will make you look very stupid when you're heard 2 miles away but moving as fast as a 400lb woman up stairs.

i guess if you're a ricer it'll be perfect for you.

another thing, they have basically no power and they get terrible gas mileage... for the power they have.

get a different car

Yamada
01-17-2008, 09:33 AM
common problems?

the list is too long.

that fart cannon doesn't help you at all and they sound retarded, and actually will make you look very stupid when you're heard 2 miles away but moving as fast as a 400lb woman up stairs.

another thing, they have basically no power and they get terrible gas mileage... for the power they have.

get a different car

wow, I think we just found a Mitsubishi haters.
:welcome:
It is not because you have a cat back exhaust that you are a ricer.:rolleyes:

And Syko, can we see pics of the cars, I would like to see it.

SYKO
01-17-2008, 10:33 AM
common problems?

the list is too long.

get a different car

I figured a complete retard like you wouldnt take long to chime in now would it Random STRIKE?

Im not a ricer by any meens, I dont care to race on the road, I keep racing off road, I dont care that it may not have any power, im not out to break any records and for gas mileage you are wrong on that fuktard, Ive borrowed it before and 450 miles on a tank of gas is pretty dam good to me. It would be best that you keep your one sided moronic comments to yoursef.

84honda200s
01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
I figured a complete retard like you wouldnt take long to chime in now would it Random STRIKE?

Im not a ricer by any meens, I dont care to race on the road, I keep racing off road, I dont care that it may not have any power, im not out to break any records and for gas mileage you are wrong on that fuktard, Ive borrowed it before and 450 miles on a tank of gas is pretty dam good to me. It would be best that you keep your one sided moronic comments to yoursef.

well said syko !!

i jad a buddy that had one and he had very few problems. however the timing belt was one that kept getting to him somehow. but yet he didnt take care of it so good. as for gas mileage .....they arnt bad at all. not to mention i love the looks of a eclipse.

oooo we need :pics: :D

ATC-Eric
01-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Good for you Alan. Ive also been thinking about getting a high gas milage car to help me save. My Tahoe here in the city is KILLING ME.

For $250 invested you gots a great deal!!!!!!!!!!

For the record, Ive owned the Tahoe for just over a year and a half, and have so far put just under $10,000 worth of gas through it! :cry: And thats with the assumption that I got a constant 13 MPG. A lot of hauls up the highway with a trailer full of trikes I was probably pullin around 10 MPG.

Add it up for yourself. Its sickining!!!!!!

The Goat
01-17-2008, 06:57 PM
that exhaust won't sound like a fart cannon by any means...not that brand.

i actually just put a two chamber magnoflow on my xb with a 3.5 in turndown, has a deep mellow tone to it.

was that really random-strike?

brapp
01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
dude 10 mpg its pretty ba di get closer to 30 with a 8900lb crew cab lifted diesel