PDA

View Full Version : being the ATC guy at work.

Jim mac
01-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Its kind of cool to be known as the nut who fixes trikes. Guy came up to me friday. His dad has a old trike and he wants it gone. I was told its a 125 or 200s The guys suppose to be bringing it to work next week. Its suppose to be in a real sorry shape. But for cheap, who cares. jim.

Chevy200s
01-20-2008, 12:21 AM
I know what you mean man, thats how I got my KLT 110. My buddy found out I had a bunch of them, told his dad, his dad said he wanted to sell it to someone who would appreciate it for what it was. By the time I talked to him for like an hour he must have thought I was a good kid or something because he gave it to me for free and said good luck:w00t: A new recoil rope and spark plug and I had her running:) Anyways, yeah its cool when people know ya as the local 3 wheeler guy

Eric250R
01-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah, at my former job in a honda/ yamaha shop. Anytime someone came in with a trike question they instantly sent them to me. :TrikesOwn

Jim mac
01-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Well the guy came by today, to say its rough, is being kind. But, it turned out to be a 83 honda 185S. plastic is gone. but I got the seat pan, gas tank. motor turns over. cord on the recoil broke. Front brake is sticky, rear brake is also. Its also missing the hose from the air box to the carb. Rear axle has hubs off of maybe a 200X along with the silver 9 inch wheels. A few of the wires are cut but all in all I think its going to be a pretty easy fix. He asked 50 for it. I paid 50 for a recoil for my last 185, so I figured why not. If the motor runs, the plastic will be the most expensive part. jim

Jim mac
01-26-2008, 10:40 PM
well here it is in all its glory, If I had half a brain,(which I dont) id part it out, but like alot folks here, its going to get put back together. jim

250rfreak
01-26-2008, 10:46 PM
wierd i came here from 3w.org and i was lookin at it over there

Jim mac
01-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Mike what kind of deal will you make for the plastic shipped to 85730? I hooked up the broken wires and sprayed a little starting fluid in it and she fired right up. I tried getting gas into it, but turns out someone installed the needle upside down. So I sprayed it out cleaned the jets and it seems to run fine. Now all I have to do is clean out the on off switch so it'll turn off. and clean out the brakes. Oh i did redo the recoil. I left the decompression assy out of the recoil, but save the parts. Im into it for about 7 dollars for bolts, cord, and gas. I guess the tank might have rust issues, because its been JBwelded on the outside. Jim

mike from long island
01-27-2008, 10:02 PM
here is the bike

Jim mac
01-28-2008, 03:01 PM
what do you want for them? thanks jim