PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Barret Jackson

Orangecnty250r
01-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Ive had it on all week.....I love seeing what some of these rare collector cars go for!!!!!! I like the "survivors" of course and the "resto mods" (keeping the original looks but upgrading performance)......watching Barret coined the term for my custom TIGER build I have been gathering parts for.....TIGER RESTO MOD oh yeah!!!!!! Its amazing watching this gave me a final direction for a 3 wheeler build.

Speed channel Today 2-10 EST I think yesterday was the "Big" day cars were going over $500,00 consistently

edog
01-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Watch it all the time.Wife can't stand the actioneer.lol

jeffatc250r
01-20-2008, 12:47 PM
I was watching it a little bit last night. Big money!

edog
01-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Ive had it on all week.....I love seeing what some of these rare collector cars go for!!!!!! I like the "survivors" of course and the "resto mods" (keeping the original looks but upgrading performance)......watching Barret coined the term for my custom TIGER build I have been gathering parts for.....TIGER RESTO MOD oh yeah!!!!!! Its amazing watching this gave me a final direction for a 3 wheeler build.

Speed channel Today 2-10 EST I think yesterday was the "Big" day cars were going over $500,00 consistently

Is this how you are going to step up your game?lol Your going to need to sell alot of Tiger's for one of those baby's.Thinking of hanging with the high rollers on there. :cool:

Tekawte1
01-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I've been watching it for the last 3 days! I am just amazed at some of the prices the vehicles go for.. some way out of any of our leauge and some go a little low i think..But none the leess interesting!! GF starting to talk like an auctioneer! LOL:TrikesOwn

chris200x
01-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Anyone else see carrol shelbey's mustang sell for big money last night? I watch these auctions whenever I run across them flipping through the channels.

I could of bought a 71 cuda back in high school for $500. Man I wanna kick myself in the ass everytime I think about that car. It needed lots of work.. but now seeing what these cars are worth make my sick evertime I think about it.

Tekawte1
01-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah i know what you mean.. My dad had some nice rides that he got rid of for what now, was:crazy: a stupid reason.. But hey Who knew.. Yeah that Shelby was Sweeeet!!

69HemiGTX
01-21-2008, 03:29 AM
This is what I posted on Ram Charger Central. This topic always comes up when the auction is near, and I have felt the same since day one. Call me bitter, but I hate it for the reasons stated below:

Personally, I hate that auction because of what is has helped do to the musclecar hobby. The current state of the "hobby" is the reason why I have gotten away from it. Until things come back to a normal level of sanity, I'll keep tinkering with my 5.0 Mustangs. Let's see... lots of money, restored cars, the urge to "one-up" the next guy, and the euphoria of being on TV equals grossly over-valued cars. No thanks, I'll pass. :rolleyes:

400exguy
01-21-2008, 04:35 AM
I love watching Barrett Jackson. Its addiciting. You start watching and before you know it, your 4 hours in and wondering where the time went. The cars are nice. I couldnt think of spending that much on something that is going to sit in the garage. It gets me thinking what will be on such auctions in 20 years from today?

nate b
01-22-2008, 11:00 PM
cant stand it. I think people with that kind of money are just plain stupid. I know alot of people with money and it must do something to the brain. Half the cars arent original and I dont care who does the work, they are probably hacked. All they are doing is making it impossible for the average guy to ever own one. Just like the yahoos on ebay paying ongodly ammounts for trike parts. makes me sick

Billy Golightly
01-22-2008, 11:26 PM
I heard the monster garage cars were on it?? Did anyone see those, what did they go for??

TwoHundredEx
01-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I heard the monster garage cars were on it?? Did anyone see those, what did they go for??

Yeah, they were on there, they didn't go for much at all, most went for under 10k.

Billy Golightly
01-22-2008, 11:36 PM
HOLY *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*? That cheap, really? wow

400exguy
01-22-2008, 11:52 PM
I have no idea because I have never bought a classic car...but I dont know how BJ can bring prices up that much for the average restore. Supply and demand is usually what drives prices. The average restore could not bring the prices they do on BJ....or can they? like i said i have no clue but I dont know.

Same with the trike parts. There is no supply and demand is high so yeah prices are up.

Alot of it does have to deal with how deep someones pockets are. Lots of the guys that buy the cars at BJ are older and have fond memeories either childhood or teenage years so its not just the car they are buyin but also the memories.

Orangecnty250r
01-23-2008, 08:09 PM
I have seen crazy car prices on ebay as well. Some of the cars although they go for huge dollars dont meet the cost of bullding them. There were several examples of cars that the estimated cost to build was 800,000 to 1,000,000 but went for 500,000.. Also as some of these huge car collectors expand their collection they move into other territory. Example they start out with the muscle cars then on to odd things to keep their interest. Cars are a BIG business....but once again anyone who wants to be in it can be. I dont buy the have to be "rich statement" there were plently of deals the first couple days of Barret Jackson. I saw a 1976 yellow vette with 145 original miles on it go for 35,000. There are plenty of cars out there for people with all sizes of wallets.

400exguy
01-23-2008, 11:05 PM
I have seen crazy car prices on ebay as well. Some of the cars although they go for huge dollars dont meet the cost of bullding them. There were several examples of cars that the estimated cost to build was 800,000 to 1,000,000 but went for 500,000.. Also as some of these huge car collectors expand their collection they move into other territory. Example they start out with the muscle cars then on to odd things to keep their interest. Cars are a BIG business....but once again anyone who wants to be in it can be. I dont buy the have to be "rich statement" there were plently of deals the first couple days of Barret Jackson. I saw a 1976 yellow vette with 145 original miles on it go for 35,000. There are plenty of cars out there for people with all sizes of wallets.

Your totally right. But as for the cheeper cars at the begining of the week, they do it that way because most big buyers dont come till the end of the week and thus is why you see the higher prices and more sought after cars.