PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Chevrolet Cheyenne 2500 suspension question

Yamada
01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
The farm's truck is a 1989 Chevrolet Cheyenne 2500 4x4 6.2 liter diesel automatic. My question is, can I lift the front ride height by adjusting the torsion bars? The way I see it there is no coils springs at the front end, but 2 bar that are connected between the suspension arm and the frame. There is a bolt where the bar meet the frame and I was wandering if I would change the ride height. The last owner of the truck added a leaf in the rear suspension and the front end always seems too low to me? Any Chevroltet/ GMC mechanics here?

djhotrod
01-20-2008, 07:08 PM
yeah if you adjust them up you should gain an inch or to ride height it will make it ride rougher though probally not a problem for a farm truck. we usally adjust them up when we put snow plows on makes them handle the weight better.

Yamada
01-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Thank you DJhotrod for your comment. In fact, if it ride rougher I will be very happy, In some whoopy section I find that the front end handle too smooth.

dogger
01-28-2008, 04:30 PM
ost rough rides on trucks come from them being cranked up too much and the shock tavel isn't long enough to work properly. if you get a real rough ride you can back it off about a 1/2 inch to smooth it out or else get lift shocks for it with longer travel. remeber if you run it on the road to have it realigned or you'll go though tires quick. like said before you can't lift much about 1 1/2 inch with stock shocks and 2 inch max pretty well.good luck with it .