PDA

View Full Version : These shipping costs stink for all of us.....

Dirtcrasher
01-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Things have changed allot in the last year or so. Shipping stuff has nearly doubled. What use to be a cost we could understand and absorb is now a huge consideration when buying used parts.

I use to be able to ask 5$ for small stuff, 10$ for medium stuff and 20$ plus for heavy items.

I just shipped a banshee swinger at 18lbs for 25$ and I had estimated about 15$. My bad, but I'm always concerned that I'll scare people off for a large shipping cost.

I use to swear by FEDEX, I could ship 2 tires on rims for about 25$ from the East coast to the West. Now I'm looking at more than 40$......

How can you sell heavy items these days? I'm trying to get a 350X front rim but the junk tire is always on there and it's about 25$ to ship it to me. So I end up with a junk tire that I have to fight off of the rim and with the shipping and the rim I'm out 40$ plus for just a rim, AND I have to spend an hour on chopping the tire off and then buy a 60$ tire. So it's 100$ for a good front tire and a scratched and beat rim..............

UGGGH.... Sorry for the rant, it's just making it harder and harder to get these already hard to find parts :cry:

burnoutboy
01-22-2008, 03:42 AM
you guys got it easy over there.. try shipping stuff from america to new zealand then youll be gritting your teeth haha

oldskool83
01-22-2008, 11:57 AM
just use usps.com...ask for their zip code and bingo...no more biting the bullet.

New2ATC
01-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I noticed that sometimes the shipping charges are higher than usual. I try not to let it get to me, and if the shipping cost is more than my estimate, than ill pick up the extra, as long as its not to much more.