PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait for my new Powerband to come in the mail!!!

Wickedfinger
05-30-2003, 12:38 AM
an excerpt from a chat conversation that some of us can relate to .....

HondaATC22: I mean I'm pretty much the only person around here (home) that knows anything (Not bragging)
HondaATC22: I mean most of my freinds are like, dude I wana put some powerbands on my Big bear
HondaATC22: and I can't do anything but want to shoot my self :P
Wickedfinger: I don't know man, I never will ever claim to be an expert at this stuff, but, I help out people when I can, I've spent quite a few years playing with our toys
HondaATC22: me too, I'm not claiming to be an expert either
Wickedfinger: Thats always a funny thing - Power Bands
HondaATC22: yeah...
HondaATC22: What was the other one I heard recently
Wickedfinger: people are sooo dumb sometimes
HondaATC22: oh yeah
HondaATC22: one freind wanted to put a big piston on his 250es
HondaATC22: just so he could said it was a big piston :P
Wickedfinger: see, dumb
HondaATC22: yes
Wickedfinger: I'm sure he meant well though.......
HondaATC22: yeah
* Wickedfinger slaps some sense into him with a large brown trout
HondaATC22: hahaha there you go
HondaATC22: I mean I tried explain to him if he wants perfomance from big piston, he'd be better off with porting and a head deck and stuff
Wickedfinger: BILL!!!!!!! You just gave me a super Idea - I'm going to market a "Power Band" and sell it to dunces - it'll look like a girdle that you stretch around your engines Jug and tie up with laces. "Squeeze every last drop of performance from your engine" will be our motto - You can help me sell it, we'll make millions from the unsuspecting fools! the boffoonic masses. I can see it now - a Headline in Dirt Wheels, color brochures, the Las Vegas ATV show with girls in bikinis , Honda sending over their top engineers to spy on us, international intrigue. Oh just think of the possibilities.
HondaATC22: lmao

Billy Golightly
05-30-2003, 12:46 AM
I just thought I'd add that I do not condone the use of the word dunce, or the phrases "few bales shy of a load" "few cans shy of a six pack" "Not the sharpetst knife in the drawer". I prefer the term "Idiot" though :P

Jonathan
05-30-2003, 12:50 AM
The sad thing is that you probably could sell a powerband to some people.

dc
05-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey wickedfinger, could I put two powerbands on my 3-wheeler and have both low end and high end power? :D

Wickedfinger
05-30-2003, 01:27 PM
NO, no, it really cranks down on your Mid-section .......

FullBore
05-30-2003, 05:20 PM
I'd think it'll depend on where you tie it on your engine, low down for low end power or higher up for top end power!

Nat :D

ATC crazy
05-30-2003, 05:46 PM
LMFAO....This cracks me up :D :D

I want 3. One for low, mid, and high. lol

J.D.
05-30-2003, 07:15 PM
HOW MUCH ARE THEY? I WANNA BE THE FIRST TO BUY THEM I NEED ONE FOR MY TRI-Z BECAUSE IT HAS NO LOW END I NEED 2 FOR IT I WANT TO USE THEM ON DA LOW END I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT TRIKES BUT I KNOW I NEED A NEW POWERBAND HOW MUCH DO THEY COST THANKS? OH PLUS A QUOTE ON SHIPPING TO DUMBVILLE ZIP 12345 THANK YOU.

wanta250r
05-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Whats a powerband. Not to familiar with 2 strokes oops

bbechtel16
05-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Whats a powerband. Not to familiar with 2 strokes :oops:

Modern 2 strokes (like mid 80's on i guess) Get a huge boost in pow'r when you hit "the pow'rband", which occurs around ????RPM and depends on the engine and mods. You can tell and obvious difference in sound and pow'r. It goes from ting tinging really fast to MMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I had some experience with this when I rode a 2-stroke bike for the first time yesterday :-D . I've ridden a 2 stroke before, and a bike before, but this was my first try on a combination there of. It was an RM80, wow, its kinda sad that a bike like that can destroy my 250SX. It was fun, I want a bike now lol, (don't worry I'm not giving up the trike).

YAMAHA_Jim
06-02-2003, 08:35 AM
Cant help but laugh,,Trikeaholic and me were discussing the differences between the elastic power bands and the new carbon fiber bands @ the campfire Saturday nite.We came to the conclusion that the rubber bands were the best :)