PDA

View Full Version : Road use!

Cheese
05-30-2003, 04:17 PM
A buddy of mine thinks that if you ride a dirtbike on pavement its more likely to blow up rather than ridding in dirt. Is there any truth to this. His reason was because the tire doesnt give on the pavement like it does in the dirt. Any opinions?

J.D.
05-30-2003, 07:14 PM
I think he's blowing smoke up your ass. Think of a street bike, sure they'll break tires loose way more often in dirt than on the road, but just because they don't break loose on the road doesn't mean there engine blows up, does it? Think about lower powered cars, if they gas it on the road, they probably won't break wheels, but on dirt they could. Just because they don't on the road, doesn't mean they blow up there engine? See my point?

NOS_350X
05-30-2003, 08:25 PM
i dono but all i can say is that everytime ive blown my bikes up its been on pavement (2 times in my cr 80 and once in my yz 125) every time they had properly mixed gas and low hours on the top end (and yes after brake in) is what i think it is that your on smoother ground and normaly straighter so you go faster for a longer period of time so on a 2 stroke long periods of high revs = blown engine thy are made to have high revs for short periods of time not long