PDA

View Full Version : AMA-ATVA Hall of Fame

B2V8384
01-26-2008, 09:28 PM
The AMA has their Hall Of Fame for racers that won major victories and people in the MC industry that made important contributions.
Three wheeler or ATC racing started at least 30 years ago.
The All Terrain Vehicle racing division of the AMA started in about 1983 as the AATVA and after that was changed to the ATVA or something like that.
After 30 years I believe it is about time to recognize the pioneers of ATC Racing.

Any thoughts on this.....

ChrisD
01-27-2008, 08:15 PM
You have a good point there. The AMA should recognize all of the pioneers of motorcycle racing, including ATV and ATC racers. They are or were all dues paying members and should be noted. Personally, I say screw the AMA. I just became interested in ATC racing as they banned them. I would have loved to have been able to race.

The AMA is supposed to be the advocate for the cycle rider, but in truth, I see very little effect. We still lose land to ride on, they sided with Progressive insurance by endorsing and promoting an insurance company that overcharges their customers. (ex Progressive quote $1560 annually, State Farm $410 for a CBR 900RR)....I could go on and on.

In addition they turned their backs on ATC racing just like the government and insurance companies wanted them to. They are the AMA. They are supposed to support cycle interests, yet they banned threewheelers like anyone else.

There is supposed to be an AMA ice race this winter on our lake, but threewheelers can't race in the event. I have to sit there and watch, even though my bike of choice, a highly modified and purpose built ATC250R will wipe any of them off the track.

Screw the AMA!

edog
01-27-2008, 08:17 PM
You have a good point there. The AMA should recognize all of the pioneers of motorcycle racing, including ATV and ATC racers. They are or were all dues paying members and should be noted. Personally, I say screw the AMA. I just became interested in ATC racing as they banned them. I would have loved to have been able to race.

The AMA is supposed to be the advocate for the cycle rider, but in truth, I see very little effect. We still lose land to ride on, they sided with Progressive insurance by endorsing and promoting an insurance company that overcharges their customers. (ex Progressive quote $1560 annually, State Farm $410 for a CBR 900RR)....I could go on and on.

In addition they turned their backs on ATC racing just like the government and insurance companies wanted them to. They are the AMA. They are supposed to support cycle interests, yet they banned threewheelers like anyone else.

There is supposed to be an AMA ice race this winter on our lake, but threewheelers can't race in the event. I have to sit there and watch, even though my bike of choice, a highly modified and purpose built ATC250R will wipe any of them off the track.

Screw the AMA!

You rock on the ice!!!!!!!!!!!

WLL
01-27-2008, 09:28 PM
The AMA has their Hall Of Fame for racers that won major victories and people in the MC industry that made important contributions.
Three wheeler or ATC racing started at least 30 years ago.
The All Terrain Vehicle racing division of the AMA started in about 1983 as the AATVA and after that was changed to the ATVA or something like that.
After 30 years I believe it is about time to recognize the pioneers of ATC Racing.

Any thoughts on this.....
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE