PDA

View Full Version : Trike Fest Drag Classes & Rules

Bryan Raffa
01-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks for being patient Folk's as we are trying to make things better and better each year.. thanks to seadoo and dawn for getting the ball Rollin!!;)

Trike Fest 08 drag rules..

All Trikes will have to be pre registered to be entered in the drag racing event..
The machine will be inspected by a Tec who will go over the machine and make sure it's placed in the proper class..
The rider will be given a number at the time of inspection and will be placed on the bike...you will be responsible for knowing your number..
The number will only be placed by a tec..
Discrepancy's with class placement will be handled by the tec's and have the final say..
Remember this is a fun event and is not worth fighting over..
Pre registration will be a must..
Youth ,Stock Class,Last Chance will be single eliminations
Modified and open will be double elem..
we will start with youth and go right into stock classes

***Starting System***
Last year there was some discrepancy on how we started..So We have done away with the whole number plate (dropping,turning which way it was turned)
We will now be using a Green light - Red light red is staging.. you will be pointed too to make sure you are ready..a simple nod of the helmet,,will tell us your ready.. when the red light turns green GO!!!! Finish line will be decided by 2 people on each side of the Finish line and a arm raise on that side of the track will tell the winner..and or a walkie talkie..maybe next year we will a full starting tree..

*** RED LIGHTS*** Red Lights will be counted as a LOSS.. obviously a 1/4,1/2 bike is a loss ..you will know it and the staging personnel will see it..staging person will be watching each start and its his or hers (Call) on the red light under 1/4 bike.. bests bet .. wait till it turns green..

***If final win cannot be decide by ether sides at the finish line a RE-RUN will be called...

***All final lane choices will determined by wins and losses.If tie a coin will be flipped..

1.Youth class
2.stock class
3. modified class
4.open class

Rules.

1. Youth..
A. trike or quad under 125cc
B.must be 12yrs old or younger
C. conversions or Hybrids OK
D. machines will be paired as close as possible

2. Stock Class.
STRUCTURE....
1.49cc-174cc
2.175cc-250cc
3.251cc-351cc 4 stroke
4.250cc 2 stroke

2 -Stock.
-Trikes only
-exhaust, must be ran in the way manufacture of your machine designed it.
(aftermarket pipes are allowed if ran in this manor)( No out of frames)
- frame must be to factory spec. (no frame mod's)
- Engine must be the original, OEM equipped one. No aftermarket or different then originally equipped cylinders for 2 strokes or 4 strokes.
Any internal engine modifications allowed. 2 strokes are allowed to run aftermarket/non OEM cylinder heads. 4 strokes are not.
-No hybrids, conversions or engine swaps. Machine must be an original OEM three-wheeler.
-swing arm's, can be stock length or up to +4" extended ( will be approved by a tec)
- Gas, must be on pump gas (no more than 98 octane) Aftermarket carbs, clamp-on airfilters, etc all allowed.
No race fuel or oxygenated fuels!
- tires, stock or aftermarket... No studs!
-No wheelie bars
-aftermarket axle's OK
-we will try to pair up same bikes in the first round,or close too. 250r v.s. tri z ,,200x v.s. 200x

3. Modified class.
-OEM trikes only
- any bike that has been modified Carb,bore,aftermarket cylinders,Big bores,long rods. NO engine swaps, or hybrids.
-swing arms, can be any length.
-wheelie bars, you can run a wheelie bar
-NO ALKY or NITROUS
-exhaust,pipe in or out of frame ok
-Studs permitted,must be ice screws,No picks,bolt tires,ect,atv use only.
-Basically created for the powervalved,big bore..300,310,330, stroker,ect.
-If you don't think you have what it takes to run with the big dogs in the open class..this is for you.
********At tec's discretion, if your bike don't fit the requirements of the class, you may be bumped to the open class in the interest of fairness to other competitors

4.open class.
- Trikes only
-All motorcycle or alternately based/customized machines.
-drag pipes or any custom. ok
-hybrid,conversions..ok
-swing arm, any length
-wheelie bars,ok, please use best judgment on building these. any loose bars will be asked to
tighten them up,before running. there for helping you not flip,not causing you to flip.
-fuel, Any fuel,race gas,alcohol,Nitrous oxide, all ok
-Tires,any tires
-studs, ok must be for atv use, (Ice screws),no picks

5. Last chance qualifier!
-modified and open class only
- $5 to buy back in for one run , you lose your out
-must loose twice and be out of your class to enter.
-this will be run right before the 1st and 2nd place final run of the open class
winner of this class will run the 2nd place person in the open finals.
if the two top place in the open class has the same numbers of wins and losses, a
coin will be tossed to determine who will run.

TRITecate350
01-29-2008, 12:25 AM
*****At tec's discretion, heavily modified machines may be bumped to the open class in the interest of fairness to other competitors

This is the only thing I dont like, if someone fits into a class and has spent a lot of money and time, I dont think it is fair to them to move em to the open. I know that Corey and Andrea will be back with their trikes and they will fit into this class, but just because they did well last year I would hate to see the techies move them to the open. This was just an example, not saying this would happen.

Thanks for allowing the billet heads in stock class....hehe......
:p Billet heads for sale...Get your billet heads!!!! just jokin.. I am out of stock anyway:(

Bryan Raffa
01-29-2008, 12:32 AM
they were in the top 5 in the open class last year..I would hope they would want to stay in that class..

Louis Mielke
01-29-2008, 12:33 AM
*****At tec's discretion, heavily modified machines may be bumped to the open class in the interest of fairness to other competitors

This is the only thing I dont like, if someone fits into a class and has spent a lot of money and time, I dont think it is fair to them to move em to the open. I know that Corey and Andrea will be back with their trikes and they will fit into this class, but just because they did well last year I would hate to see the techies move them to the open. This was just an example, not saying this would happen.

Thanks for allowing the billet heads in stock class....hehe......
:p Billet heads for sale...Get your billet heads!!!! just jokin.. I am out of stock anyway:(

Well, I can understand what you're saying Sprock but I tend to think the other way. If I was them with those freakin crazy 250rs I would feel kinda silly running with the commoners when we all know they can take down 500s and 490s.

It goes both ways. You know there will be people who will be offended for NOT being bumped. There's a key phrase in the rules that is garenteed to be overlooked by most everyone.

"Remember this is a fun event and is not worth fighting over.."

My oppinion, anyone who's gonna be a wet blanket over a Tec's decision can hang thier iron at the door and get on the spectators bench.

300rman
01-29-2008, 12:37 PM
whens the signup sheet?

ATC-Eric
01-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Is there the possibility that someone could run in the modified, AND open class on the same machine? :naughty:

My reasoning behind this:

I am building a heavily modified racer that would fit in your modified class great I think. Speed wise what Im looking to pull from it, would possibilly keep up with the 490's-500's.

Im just not enthusied about the risk of being thrown into JUST the open class as you said that people will be bumped up if the tecs feel like it.

Just so you guys know my motivation, Im getting into this with the idea that I wont place. If you set your goals low, theres no way to be disapointed :lol:

SOOOOO. what Im looking to do is build my bike to the MODIFIED CLASS specs. It would really suck to pull up to TF, and be thrown into the open class because I built my bike to good when I dont feel I would place in the open class.

EDIT: Sorry guys, this post was a big jumble of 4 different points and ideas.

DONT get me wrong here, Im all about the fun of it. I just want to get this straight before I build a class specific bike. I want to know that when I build a bike to your specs for one class, that you wont bump me up (or down) just because my bikes a runner.

:beer

Dammit!
01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
I probably won't even be there but I would not allow street conversions even in the open class. They're a different animal. Single cylinder only or maybe off road motors only in case someone stuffs a banshee motor into a trike.

I say this because I don't think it's fair for you guys that spend so much time and money building real trikes to get lined up with a crotch rocket that somebody slapped a swingarm on it. Hell if it were up to me I wouldn't allow any bike conversions at all. Authentic trike chassis' only.

Just the opinion of an observer. Carry on. :D

Louis Mielke
01-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Guys I don't see the issue here. IF you CAN run with the big dogs then you WILL run with the big dogs. Whats so hard to understand about that?

If you want to build for the stock modified class, and don't want to be bumped to the open class then build with that in mind.

Basically your all saying, "I wanna make sure I can squash the the little dog, but don't make me face a big dog."

Well if thats what you want then thats what you should do, build a bike that will squash little bikes, but not hold a candle to the big dogs.

The tecs aren't going to be like, oh gee you're the fastest you should go to open.

The rules are merely saying that if your machine is OBVIOUSLY open class worthy then you'll go to the open class.

If you don't wanna go to open then learn to hold back and make everyone think its not that fast untill the last minute when you win.

TRITecate350
01-29-2008, 07:49 PM
With the rules being posted this early, everyone has time to build their bikes according to the rules, which makes it fair for everyone. All we are asking for is fairness here.
We want to know that when we spend $$$$ we will be placed in the class we have built our bikes for. I thought the "little dog" bikes was the general class, and if you are in the mod class, know this..... people are spending lots of time and money to race and win.
Here's an example:
I for one would feel horrible if you kicked a couple bikes out of my class that did a better job building their bikes and I won 1st place. To make things worse, the tech gets accused of being my friend and setting me up to win. What is the tech going to say to those he kicked out? I bumped you up to the open class to be slaughtered, you have a power valved big bore with a drag pipe...you are open class material! Then the "bumped person" says.... What about Corey, he has a big bore, drag pipe, and running race gas...... Why didn't you bump him?

I think we should keep the rules simple, you either fit into the class or not.

Billy Golightly
01-29-2008, 07:59 PM
I think anything that has the true ability of running in the top 5 of the open class, should be in the open class, no matter what it is. If a 500+cc sabretooth 250R rolls up, it should go in the open class and not race against 265s-370s. Thats my opinion :)

Louis Mielke
01-29-2008, 08:08 PM
I think we should keep the rules simple, you either fit into the class or not.

Well as far as I read thats exactly whats going to happen, if its deemed that your bike doesn't fit into the modified class then it gets bumped to the class it fits in. I know thats how everybody feels cause no one would want to have an unjust advantage.

As far as I can tell the purpose of having an open class was the fact that people who will now be in modified class were crying because they couldn't win against the open class bikes. Once again, no one will ever be happy. There will forever be someone who has something to say about it cause they don't like the way it is. It won't change.

There is nothing to say that you can't volunteer to go to the next class. That would solve the problem wouldn't it? And as an added bonus it might create an opportunity for someone to win would would have never imagined they could win.

ATC-Eric
01-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Ok, my last post was a jumbled mess, so let me spell this out simply, and RESPECTFULLY!

Louis I know where you are coming from, now hear where I am at.

Heres the modded class rules, the rules I will follow when building my bike.

3. Modified class.

-OEM trikes only
- any bike that has been modified Carb,bore,aftermarket cylinders,Big bores,long rods. NO engine swaps, or hybrids.

My bike is a Tri-Z with a moddified Tri-Z 250 motor.

Modified Carb
Modified Bore

So far I fit the requerments.

I will have an extended swingarm

I will have a wheelie bar

I will have an out of frame drag pipe

Chances are I will not be running studs.

-If you don't think you have what it takes to run with the big dogs in the open class..this is for you.

I don't think I have what it takes to run with the "big dawgs", Im not out to make a bike to destroy in the open class.

My issue is, if I dump 2-3 grand into a project aimed at the modified class, what stops the tecs from seeing my bike run, and saying "your going to be in the open?"

My issue is, what if I build a bike thats really fast for the modified class, but wouldnt stand a chance in the open? Wouldnt that just mean that I did a better job of building my bike then the next guy in my class?

This is for fun, but of course I am still pushing for the win. As stated before, Im not going to get my hopes up, Im just going to build a fast bike and run with it.

I think that if some lines were put into place, we could have an awesome modified class.

You got:

-Viper with a bigbore and pipe

-Cory and Andrea with their bigbores and pipes

-Me.

-Sprock if he gets off his butt and builds a bike for this season

-Jason Hall

-Kevin

and those are just the names that I remember from last year.

Im not arguing here gentlemen, I just want to make the rules CLEAR in my head before I build a class specific bike.

This IS for the fun of it in my eyes, I just dont want to be put in a class I dont belong because somebody saw me running it before the drags, and thinks its to fast.

Louis Mielke
01-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Eric I don't think you have anything to worry about with your bike.

The bump to open is mainly for wild crazy performers. Cory and Andrea, who I believe beat up on everyone in open last year are a good example of bikes that might be asked to move to open. (I'm not making that call I'm not a tec, I'm just using them as an example)

There are also some people on your list who I would think will WANT to run in open. I think a lot of worries and concerns are being thrust onto some people who have nothing to even give a second thought to by a couple of individuals who are concerned with squeezing every little ounce of upper hand out of the rules that they can.

90% of our drag racers won't need to give this thread any second thought, then there's a 10% who are taking it a little too seriously and have something to say about rules that might not give them the upper hand.

Me personally, I'll be running in open just for the fact that my bike is 500ccs. In reality, I choke at the line every time so I could run in the stock class and still get my butt kicked.

Oh and few less spaces will neaten up your replies bud. :)

Louis Mielke
01-29-2008, 08:40 PM
People who will be asked to run in open already know they'll probably be asked to run in open before they even sign up.

There's a few of those individuals who would rather split hairs so they can win for sure. I'm not sure why, sounds like something I heard before about only racing bikes that you know you can beat for sure.

Not much fun in that anyway. lol

Billy Golightly
01-29-2008, 08:49 PM
If your gonna perform well in the mod class but killed inthe open class, I doubt you'll get bumped. But if it looks like your gonna kill the mod class and and do very well against open class machines, don't count on being able to sand bag :)

Dammit!
01-29-2008, 08:52 PM
I got an idea, if the drag strip were a huge treadmill...

Jason Hall
01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
There Is no engine cc limit In the youth trike or quad class?

Dammit you have treadmill on the brain BADDD!!!

Bryan Raffa
01-29-2008, 09:01 PM
whens the signup sheet?

soon sandpuppy will post when they are alv...thanks

sandpuppi101
01-29-2008, 09:02 PM
This is an example of how the registration system will work for the Drag Racing Event at this year's TrikeFest..
About 2hr's before the actual TF Drag Event ,we will begin inspecting the machine's .A Registration Table will be set-up by the Drag Strip and we will start signing participtant's up.
If you are wanting to participtate in the Drag's you must do this..
1. Go to the Registration area and tell the Tech at the Table what machine you will be Racing.The Tech will then hand you a registration form ,specifically colored and or numbered,"Which will corespond with the class you want to race in".
2. Fill out the Registration form,and look for a Tech who can ,inspect & check your machine in.Attached to your registration form is going to be a Colored ,and or a Numbered tag.IT IS TO BE REMOVED BY TECH"S AND PLACED ON THE TRIKE BY A TECH'S ,ONLY !!
3. Upon inspection of the machine, and the Tech is 100% satisfied with the placement of the machine in it's Class,the tag will be removed and placed on the machine,yet again stressing the Tech will only do this..
4.With the Tag's now placed on the machine's by a tech, the registration form's that the participtant's filled out, will be given to the judge's where they will paired up as the ,Judge's see fit & being as fair as possible.
5. When the Trike Fest Drag Event begin's,classes will begin to be called in the order that the rule's state.Partipitant's will we called up by the number on there Tag, that was earlier placed on there machine by a tech during Registration.
That's pretty much it,just make sure you register you machine before the event actually start's.Just give us a head's up of any issue's ,if any of this is gonna be a problem,and "Remember this is a fun event and is not worth fighting over.."

With all that aside ,the system being changed and all,might take some tweaking here and there,but just be patient,Please.We're all there too have fun,And with everbody's help ,this is gonna be a great sucess.

Louis Mielke
01-29-2008, 09:03 PM
There Is no engine cc limit In the youth trike or quad class?

Dammit you have treadmill on the brain BADDD!!!

MAAAANNNNN What and idea!!!!!.....now who to borrow a kid from....hmmmmm......

ATC-Eric
01-29-2008, 09:05 PM
There are also some people on your list who I would think will WANT to run in open. I think a lot of worries and concerns are being thrust onto some people who have nothing to even give a second thought to by a couple of individuals who are concerned with squeezing every little ounce of upper hand out of the rules that they can.

90% of our drag racers won't need to give this thread any second thought, then there's a 10% who are taking it a little too seriously and have something to say about rules that might not give them the upper hand.

Oh and few less spaces will neaten up your replies bud. :)

Hey BUD,

Upper hand??? I just want to make sure where Im gonna be. I do apologize for to many random thoughts, thats it.

I read the rules, wanted to clear up a point. HTF am I trying to squeeze for that upper hand? Im building a bike for the mod class, just like many are building for the open class.

I have been looking forward to this since June of 07, so I want to make sure I got this clear.

:)

EDIT:

At this point I think it has soaked in, Im done-build begins now.

dizasterzrfun69
01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=Jason Hall;585062]There Is no engine cc limit In the youth trike or quad class?

QUOTE] :eek: :eek: :eek:

so have you added on a trophy room for your kids yet? :lol:

sandpuppi101
01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Nope the way the rule's state Jason ,nothing is said about the Youth cc,but the little guy's have the stock 49cc - 174cc class to Battle it out..

Bryan Raffa
01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LISTIN TOO THIS... I beat andera more than 2 times with my 490 on thursday!! she was on GAS.. that night they went back and switch to alky... SO.. maybe I should just put NO ALKY in MOD class and that would take care of that list... Jason halls bike is set up for NITROUS.. maybe I should put NO NITROUS too...viper.. his is on alky.. DO YOU THINK THATS FAIR? TOO YOU..Eric...

Jason Hall
01-29-2008, 09:24 PM
QUOTE] :eek: :eek: :eek:

so have you added on a trophy room for your kids yet? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Not yet Kevin :beer ;)

dizasterzrfun69
01-29-2008, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=Bryan Raffa;585081]Jason halls bike is set up for NITROUS..QUOTE]

SHHHHHH :lol: :lol: maybe he'll choke on the line againg this year, just for me :lol: :lol: sorry jason. :D

I wont even have one, but out of curiosity, will the 81-84 r's be able to run the Hondaline 300 cylinders in the stock class since they are from honda specifically for the atc250r's? I remember i was the one bitching about the rules last year. I think the way they are set up this year should be better.

Bryan Raffa
01-29-2008, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=Bryan Raffa;585081]Jason halls bike is set up for NITROUS..QUOTE]

SHHHHHH :lol: :lol: maybe he'll choke on the line againg this year, just for me :lol: :lol: sorry jason. :D

I wont even have one, but out of curiosity, will the 81-84 r's be able to run the Hondaline 300 cylinders in the stock class since they are from honda specifically for the atc250r's? I remember i was the one bitching about the rules last year. I think the way they are set up this year should be better.

that is a optional mod From honda..so in the mod class they will go.. they did not come stock with them.:p

dizasterzrfun69
01-29-2008, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=dizasterzrfun69;585088]

that is a optional mod From honda..so in the mod class they will go.. they did not come stock with them.:p

i was just curious thats all. Does anyone know if oneupfront is going to be there with his 300r?

Jason Hall
01-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey kevin how bout I just choke you on the starting line Instead :D :D :lol: :lol:

That was a bummer though lol.

dizasterzrfun69
01-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey kevin how bout I just choke you on the starting line Instead :D :D :lol: :lol:

That was a bummer though lol.

A BUMMER?? who said that? PS i'd keep your bottles locked up at night, i'd hate for them to be empty come race day........ ;)

nah really i dont care, it's all fun and games. I'd really like to win but i doubt i'll be close...Im too broke to do any other mods to it, i STILL havent even bought a throttle cable for it. Its just been sitting in the corner out of the way for now.

Bryan Raffa
01-29-2008, 09:50 PM
OK after MUCH Thought there will be NO NITROUS OR ALKY in MOD class..if your running this your automatically bumped to OPEN. This was brought upon for fairness to the mod class..

mod class now state's............

3. Modified class.
-OEM trikes only
-NO ALKY or NITROUS

ATC-Eric
01-29-2008, 09:50 PM
YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LISTIN TOO THIS... I beat andera more than 2 times with my 490 on thursday!! she was on GAS.. that night they went back and switch to alky... SO.. maybe I should just put NO ALKY in MOD class and that would take care of that list... Jason halls bike is set up for NITROUS.. maybe I should put NO NITROUS too...viper.. his is on alky.. DO YOU THINK THATS FAIR? TOO YOU..Eric...

Is Alky not okay in the modified class? Ill run Jason on nitrous..........

From talking to Andrea and Cory in Oklahoma, I remember them saying they were on gas........ Could be wrong, thats just my recolection.

I really dont have the amount of time to respond here that I would like, Im headed back to the garage to finish my truck.

I dont gots no beef, I just want to make sure whats going on, sometimes I get ahead of myself.

And you really didnt address FUEL in your list for the moddified, whats kosh?

EDIT: You beat me by a second Raffa.

That sucks

Bryan Raffa
01-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Is Alky not okay in the modified class? Ill run Jason on nitrous..........

From talking to Andrea and Cory in Oklahoma, I remember them saying they were on gas........ Could be wrong, thats just my recolection.

I really dont have the amount of time to respond here that I would like, Im headed back to the garage to finish my truck.

I dont gots no beef, I just want to make sure whats going on, sometimes I get ahead of myself.

And you really didnt address FUEL in your list for the moddified, whats kosh?

EDIT: You beat me by a second Raffa.

That sucks

just did eric:welcome:

1upfront
01-29-2008, 10:00 PM
If I make it out it looks like I'll be running the 300r in the mod class:D

Bryan Raffa
01-29-2008, 10:08 PM

I hope you do.. your pretty close to IN...:Bounce

dizasterzrfun69
01-29-2008, 10:41 PM

bring it :w00t: :beer

EDIT: i love that fuel rule for the modded class, i hope it wasnt a sarcastic rule change. Even better for me. :w00t:

it keeps getting better for me and im STILL gonna lose LMAO

Bryan Raffa
01-29-2008, 10:50 PM
absolutely not .. it was over looked in the mod class..as you can see it was in the other classes..but nothing was stated in the modified class.;)

1upfront
01-29-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm gonna try real hard to make it at least for the drags.

hadar
01-30-2008, 03:35 PM
I was really looking forward to competing in the stock class this year. Can I run my 300cc kit in the stock class? Or would I have to run in modded class? I may end up running a 250cc jug for stock class if I have to. Kx cylinder ok? Perhaps I sould just run my 84(which is stock) in the stock class and the 300 in the modded class.

Tekawte1
01-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Naww Ya gotta run the 300 in the mod class.. Its hondaline but its not the stock cyl.. Gotta run the 250 to be in the stock class..

Bryan Raffa
01-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Naww Ya gotta run the 300 in the mod class.. Its hondaline but its not the stock cyl.. Gotta run the 250 to be in the stock class..

thats correct;)

1upfront
01-30-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm gonna to race my 83 250r trail bike in the stock class you boy's had better watch out I have a "THRUSTER" tailpipe lol.

Billy Golightly
01-30-2008, 09:00 PM
I was really looking forward to competing in the stock class this year. Can I run my 300cc kit in the stock class? Or would I have to run in modded class? I may end up running a 250cc jug for stock class if I have to. Kx cylinder ok? Perhaps I sould just run my 84(which is stock) in the stock class and the 300 in the modded class.

If the 300 kit is in a stock, OEM original cylinder then it can go in the stock class. NO Hondaline 300 kits in the stock class. But if you have a LA Sleeve 295 kit in a stock 250R cylinder, your OK. Whatever you can fit or do to the inside of the original motor is pretty much fair game.

hadar
01-30-2008, 09:25 PM
If the 300 kit is in a stock, OEM original cylinder then it can go in the stock class. NO Hondaline 300 kits in the stock class. But if you have a LA Sleeve 295 kit in a stock 250R cylinder, your OK. Whatever you can fit or do to the inside of the original motor is pretty much fair game.

Cool, Thanks for clearing that up. My brothers talking about running in the stock class too. I can hardly wait.

tecat-z
01-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Oh boy, sprock 300 Tecates, sprock 310 tri-z's, 310 liquid r's.:eek: As a very wise man once said. " you'll find me next to the cooler":beer

1upfront
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Wil larger carbs be ok in the stock class?

Bryan Raffa
01-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Wil larger carbs be ok in the stock class?

it says in the rules YES

atctim
01-30-2008, 11:10 PM
This might be a dumb question too - but are aftermarket reed cages and spacers allowed in the stock class?

Rules state:
- Gas, must be on pump gas (no more than 98 octane) Aftermarket carbs, clamp-on airfilters, etc all allowed.

just making sure????? I assume it is ok

Bryan Raffa
01-30-2008, 11:13 PM
yes they are ok too, thanks for asking tim;)

JasonB
01-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Oh boy, sprock 300 Tecates, sprock 310 tri-z's, 310 liquid r's.:eek: As a very wise man once said. " you'll find me next to the cooler":beer

Dont forget about me and my Sprock Racing 300 air cooled R!

1upfront
01-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Or me on my Flotek ported 84 300r insanity machine lol.

TRITecate350
01-31-2008, 11:23 PM
Tecatez, are you gonna have the 330 built? If so, get a 6 pack rack and take that cooler with ya.

tecat-z
02-01-2008, 12:07 AM
:lol: Yeah, i hear ya brother. The 330 will be built by then for sure. Actually, we're just waiting on some parts so we can proceed. My bikes are 'little', and my 'cooler' big. It has a handle and wheels for quick handling and easy mobility.:naughty: Gotta come prepaired---------:w00t:

seadoo650
02-02-2008, 11:09 AM
SWEEEEET. Looks like the wife's little 200X and my Ole' blue 250r will be in the stock class. I think we'll throw Mark on the 200X and clean up on some 2-strokes. That boy can ride the wheels off it.

By the way guys. Major props on taking on this project for 08. The rules and classes look great. If ya need help in Tech. let me know.

Black86tri-z
02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
do you guys want me to bring this to trike fest if i end up going,i have the rest of the yellow green and red bulbs and 4 lasers that go with it
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/black86tri-z/tree.jpg

tecat-z
02-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT!!!!!

1upfront
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
do you guys want me to bring this to trike fest if i end up going,i have the rest of the yellow green and red bulbs and 4 lasers that go with it
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/black86tri-z/tree.jpg

Your the man dude!!:D :D It's about time we run a tree at Trikefest, it will eliminate any doubt who won on those close runs and the drags will be fairer overall:beer

TRITecate350
02-13-2008, 09:02 PM
I have not responded lately on the mod class rules, I was trying to compromise though pm and telephone. It seems that I have not gotten anywhere with that so, I am posting some questions and wanting to reply to comments made from the 1st page.

I would like some direct answers from those in charge of this event....

1. Why is it so important that you have the tech bumping rule, you have all the other rules that prevent those who dont belong in the class, why the absolute power rule?

2. Why is there no tech bumping rule in any other class, seems you are singling people out who would race in the mod class?

Eric and I are both arguing to keep the modified bikes in the modified class, if the trike is modified, it is our competition, thus we are stupid for not wanting the bump for those competitors that could beat us. I am fighting for what is right, not what helps me and my customers to win. If someone wants to run in the open, so be it, I dont care. But I have talked with Andrea on these rules and she wants to run in the mod class. She has a modified trike, everything was bolt on. So please quit saying we are after the upperhand or want to squash the "little bikes".

MAAAANNNNN What and idea!!!!!.....now who to borrow a kid from....hmmmmm...... Right after you accuss people of trying to get the upper hand and making Eric and I out to be some kind of rule benders..... Are you gonna find a 12 yr old kid and put him on your 500 conversion....? Sorry I couldnt resist, and to be fair I know you are joking and this was a cheap shot :p I do think this should be changed though, because we are trying to promote 3 wheeler safety. I know that Andrea while reading the rules to me on the phone, said that she would put her 12 year old brother-in-law on her trike to compete in the youth class. Pj, (12 year old) can actually ride the 370 trike and does a good job. If the 2 youth class trikes hit each other, the full size trike vs an atc 70 would not be a good deal for the youth on the 70.

If your gonna perform well in the mod class but killed inthe open class, I doubt you'll get bumped. But if it looks like your gonna kill the mod class and and do very well against open class machines, don't count on being able to sand bag :)
I really think that most of the mod class entries will be comparable to the open class. Last year was a good example, Out of the top 5, there was 3 modified class bikes, and they placed better than most the 500s and other conversions. I dont think the techs will see us running the trikes in practice, so how are you gonna bump our mod class trikes to open? Are you gonna be able to stop the drag races and take us out of the class if we are too fast?

So I guess you guys are not gonna compromise with me on the rules. Changing from what you have, to this one*****At tec's discretion, machines that dont meet the class requirements may be bumped to the open class in the interest of fairness to other competitors

I have recieved lots of pm's and calls of people who believe that your rule is unfair, but they are not ones to rock the boat or cause a stink.

I am not gaining anything from this rule change, the trikes I am building for customers for Trikefest 08 are not gonna run til the drags so noone will have a reason to bump them. I invited Corey and Andrea last year and I am looking out for them.
To answer Billy's earlier post, If a sabertooth enters the mod class, I would welcome the competition as long as they fit the class requirements. In fact, I would find my self backing him up if he was bumped, just like my other competition....(Corey and Andrea).

I am open to any kind of compromise on this issue... I understand that you have all the authority in this matter and if you wanted to be more fair, you would concider changing the rule. If not, I would like to help the drag races by becoming the official tech. Will you let me be the official tech?

Louis Mielke
02-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I appreciate you acknowledging the fact that I was joking. As far as kids, I'm assuming we're going by industry standards, (of course thats an assumption and we all know what assume means). The Hall boys for example run on machines that the industry says they belong on. Under 90ccs.

As far as the wording of the rules, um, why don't the 3 of you agree to run in open. Why run in the mod class when we all know you're all faster than any of them.

I really don't see what the issue is, just have a verbal agreement you'll all choose to run in the open class. I really don't understand what you're after.

Reading your desired change, why should those in charge, Raffa and Sandpuppi as far as I know, make a very minor change just for you.

I'm the first to admit I'm a thick dumb cuss, but how in the world is the wording you want to change any different than what it already says?
Seems like it says the same thing to me.

ATC-Eric
02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I see what Coreys saying, in terms of his wording of the new rule is different.

Raffa posted that techs can bump if the machine is to fast (BASICALLY).

Corey posted that the techs can bump if the machine dosent fit the requirements. This is in terms of wheelie bars, original cases, modified or bolt on heads.

That is all for now.

Louis Mielke
02-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Well I guess they could add cc limits as well. Would that fix things?

ATC-Eric
02-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah, why not have a 350x and up to a 265R class, the big bore class and the Open class?

This is to confusing, my head hurts! :wondering :lol:

Tri-ZNate
02-13-2008, 09:37 PM
This is to confusing, my head hurts! :wondering :lol:

Yeah i missed the 350x class, i figured they were being include into the stock 2 stroke class. Just put a CC restrictions on it. Who cares, it mostly for bragging rights anyway.

TRITecate350
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
I understand the Hall boys run under 90ccs and that is ok with me. And I believe the industry standards are a joke, at age 15 I was 160lbs and could handle larger bikes, but they want me on a lt 80..... I wouldnt mind someone racing on a 110 or big red etc. I think they may want to fine turn the rules for anyone who would put there child on a modded 250r or bigger.

I cant answer for everyone, but here is my thoughts and oppinions. The modified class has a certain bragging rights that goes along with it, you are souping up a trike to its full potential and seeing how it stacks up with comparable bikes. I build lots of parts and have built many engines, this is the class I cater to, those who hop up their oem bikes.
As far as open class goes, anyone can throw a 3 wheeler rear end on a cbr900 and win. :) Anyone can win with money and not much thought. Buy a large street bike engine, small block chevy engine, 350hp turbine engine....bolt it in and wow...your the fastest. I am more interested in out smarting the competition with port timing, big bore, stroke, exh pipe. With the mod class it isnt the richest guy wins, its who is smarter and a better engine and chassis builder. At the end of the day, the winner can say... I have the fastest modified trike, or just like last year, the winner of the open can brag all he wants and people still look down on him for the choice of trike he built and say its "cheap"

The way the rule is stated, the tech can bump anyone for any reason he or she desires, if he or she hates Louis Mielke and thinks he is "hidding" something in his engine, they can bump you to open. Poor Louis spent 2k building his bike for that class.
My rule states the tech can only bump if the bike isnt within the rules. The tech says, Louis I am bumping your trike to the open. Louis says, " Can you prove that I dont belong in this class, is there any evidence"? The tech would not have absolute judgement unless he spotted your nitrous bottle, or other means for cheating.

The rule change isnt just for me, I am one of the only ones vocal and I have had many people who want me to fight this. Viper could put his gas carb back on his triz, Andrea and Corey would race in this class, Eric and his z, tecatez and his 330, and multiple others who are building bikes for this class and could be affected. There is a general class for those who cant compete with the mod class.

Even if they would all agree to race in the open, I would still want the rule changed. Bottom line is:
If they want to race in a class, you should not have to power to remove them if they are within the class regulations. Change the cc limit and you will have lots of problems with people cheating, and being accussed of cheating. We have plenty of time to change the engines, i am building and I will be able to fit in any cc requirements you want. But I still want that rule changed along with others.

It is fair as long as everyone knows going in.

Louis Mielke
02-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I can appreciate what you're getting at.

Billy Golightly
02-13-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm not the one running the drags but I've been providing input on them since their inception, some of it is used and some of it isn't so don't expect my answer to be made in stone. I'll state my answers and reasons and let the powers that be for this event make the call. With that being said:

I have not responded lately on the mod class rules, I was trying to compromise though pm and telephone. It seems that I have not gotten anywhere with that so, I am posting some questions and wanting to reply to comments made from the 1st page.

I would like some direct answers from those in charge of this event....

1. Why is it so important that you have the tech bumping rule, you have all the other rules that prevent those who dont belong in the class, why the absolute power rule?

Because of people who will sandbag. No one can with a straight face tell me that Corey,Andrea, Jason Hall, or anyone else that is just as fast as them isn't open class material. Thats where everyone raced at last year, I highly doubt their machines have intentionally gotten slower in a years time :shiftyeyes:. Until we have the facility, the ability, the willingness, and the people to do full engine tear down type tech inspections for the classes its not possible. The object is not for the rules to accomodate everyone, but to accomodate no one.

2. Why is there no tech bumping rule in any other class, seems you are singling people out who would race in the mod class?

Well because I think the mod class was the most apt area for this to occur, but it can be added everywhere else too. I still think a bunch of members sticking to the rules in the stock class could provide some extremely interesting racing and show the fact that you CAN be fast without having a bunch of stuff most people think is absolute necessity. :D

I really think that most of the mod class entries will be comparable to the open class. Last year was a good example, Out of the top 5, there was 3 modified class bikes, and they placed better than most the 500s and other conversions. I dont think the techs will see us running the trikes in practice, so how are you gonna bump our mod class trikes to open? Are you gonna be able to stop the drag races and take us out of the class if we are too fast?

So I guess you guys are not gonna compromise with me on the rules. Changing from what you have, to this one*****At tec's discretion, machines that dont meet the class requirements may be bumped to the open class in the interest of fairness to other competitors

I have recieved lots of pm's and calls of people who believe that your rule is unfair, but they are not ones to rock the boat or cause a stink.

I am not gaining anything from this rule change, the trikes I am building for customers for Trikefest 08 are not gonna run til the drags so noone will have a reason to bump them. I invited Corey and Andrea last year and I am looking out for them.
To answer Billy's earlier post, If a sabertooth enters the mod class, I would welcome the competition as long as they fit the class requirements. In fact, I would find my self backing him up if he was bumped, just like my other competition....(Corey and Andrea).

I am open to any kind of compromise on this issue... I understand that you have all the authority in this matter and if you wanted to be more fair, you would concider changing the rule. If not, I would like to help the drag races by becoming the official tech. Will you let me be the official tech?

No, as it has been discussed the tec and class placement will be done before the races. If your selected to go in the mod class, thats where you stay, or if you go in the open class, thats where you stay unless there might be some sort of SPECIAL circumstances like someone eats a crank seal and and wants to go down a class with all the other competitors approval which would be a highly unlikely situation, but I have seen it happen before. The techs know which machines from last year are already open class material (As you have even suggest by saying the majority of the top 5 winners in last years open class are applicable to the mod class now by the rule interpretation). And if the trike is a new, un-familiar one, then they will look at it and determine to the best of their abilities where it should belong at whether they are able to see it run or not. I'm sure now I'll see practice runs all week with mainjets 10 sizes bigger then they need to be :lol:

The suggestion of the change to the line about the tec's authority to me is pretty pointless as the rules already say if you dont fit them you can't race in it.

Corey and Andrea arent worried about the Sabre because both of them are open class material that would be running against open class material (sabre). Hows joe six pack gonna feel racin against a $5,000 motor? Shiat. My 500R is obviously open class material, as is Garageboys KX500 Tecate, anything that can consistently run with them is open class material, plain and simple. If there was enough entries to have an entire class of "engine swap conversions" AND "Open production trikes" it might be different but I don't think there is.

I'm open to ideas and suggestions about most anything, which is often why you'll see me take the time to read and actually type up replies to people :)

I don't know the answer to the question about the youth class, that I agree will need to probably be addressed because I do not like the idea of 85lb 12 year old kids on 50+ machines.

brapp
02-13-2008, 11:09 PM
will struts be alowed in stock class? and what about freaks fix;s lil 250r 90 thing he has that wont stand a chanc ein open.

TRITecate350
02-14-2008, 02:03 AM
I will reply to what you have said and give you my oppinion and reaction. I understand that you are not in charge and I will still await the questions to be answered by those in charge.

Because of people who will sandbag. No one can with a straight face tell me that Corey,Andrea, Jason Hall, or anyone else that is just as fast as them isn't open class material. Thats where everyone raced at last year, I highly doubt their machines have intentionally gotten slower in a years time :shiftyeyes:. Until we have the facility, the ability, the willingness, and the people to do full engine tear down type tech inspections for the classes its not possible. The object is not for the rules to accomodate everyone, but to accomodate no one.

First of all, I can tell you with a straight face that they belong in the modified class, concidering they all fit the requirements for the modified class, and are all original trikes that have been modified. note: Jason can't run nitrous.
2nd, Last year there was no modified class, so the only class they fit in was open, you didnt see anyone trying to get into the general class who didnt belong, the rules were set and you either fit them or not. Last years rules didnt have any bs rule about some all powerfull tech will place you anywhere he wants.
3rd, I am not asking for a full teardown of someones engine, the way the rules are now, you can look at a trike and know which class it is in. I think this is perfect, and should work out great. Everyone knows the rules and can confirm the class by merely looking at the outside of the trike.
I am sorry, your last statement is crazy, you have the opportunity to make things fair and accomodate everyone, yet you make a statement about your wishes to accomodating no one? Are you trying to piss people off? :wondering

Well because I think the mod class was the most apt area for this to occur, but it can be added everywhere else too. I still think a bunch of members sticking to the rules in the stock class could provide some extremely interesting racing and show the fact that you CAN be fast without having a bunch of stuff most people think is absolute necessity. :D

Well lets not play favorites, add the rule to every class. That way I wont feel like you are picking on Corey and Andrea when the rule was posted just under the mod class. Lets kick the Hall boys up to the modified class to be "fair" to all the other youth, their bikes are "heavily modified". Course we could bump them to the general.... Wait, that wouldnt be "fair" to the General class..... :) I am just joking of course. I agree with the last sentence, and I would support everyone sticking to the rules, but GOD FORBID someone is fast enough to compete in the modified class with their "stickin to the rules" general class machine, we would boot their trike up.

The techs know which machines from last year are already open class material (As you have even suggest by saying the majority of the top 5 winners in last years open class are applicable to the mod class now by the rule interpretation). And if the trike is a new, un-familiar one, then they will look at it and determine to the best of their abilities where it should belong at whether they are able to see it run or not.
Ok now we are getting somewhere, so the tech is gonna look at the unfamilar trike, without seeing it run they will place it. I assume that they are placing it using the rules of the class. That would be perfect! If they would place every bike that way and not take into account how fast they have seen it run, we wouldnt have a problem.

The suggestion of the change to the line about the tec's authority to me is pretty pointless as the rules already say if you dont fit them you can't race in it.

Pointless?, maybe you should re-read the entire thread. We are not talking about bikes that "dont fit" in a class.... We are talking about bikes the DO fit into a class. If the bike dont fit, no need to argue, they are out!

Corey and Andrea arent worried about the Sabre because both of them are open class material that would be running against open class material (sabre). Hows joe six pack gonna feel racin against a $5,000 motor? Shiat. My 500R is obviously open class material, as is Garageboys KX500 Tecate, anything that can consistently run with them is open class material, plain and simple. If there was enough entries to have an entire class of "engine swap conversions" AND "Open production trikes" it might be different but I don't think there is.

....Joe Six pack should be in the general class. If he takes full advantage of the rules of the mod class, he could compete with the saber. Corey and Andrea would be worried about the saber, and it would probably be close. But they have the same opportunity to purchase the saber kit for their trikes just like the saber owner did. That's what makes it fair, booting someone to the open class just because you have a hard on for them isnt fair. Why does there have to be an open production class? We have a modified class, which all the trikes we are talking about FIT into the class just fine....

I'm open to ideas and suggestions about most anything, which is often why you'll see me take the time to read and actually type up replies to people :)

I don't know the answer to the question about the youth class, that I agree will need to probably be addressed because I do not like the idea of 85lb 12 year old kids on 50+ machines.

I know we dont see eye to eye on this, and I do appreciate you voicing your oppinion and replying. In-Fact almost always I agree with what you say, especially when talking about 2 stroke engines. The youth does need some attention, if a little kid gets hurt or killed because of some cc or atc size problem, I would feel horrible being the person who allowed the setup of that class, I personally wouldnt allow my 6yr girl to drag race her Scrambler 50 against some one on a full size bike.... I would boot her bike into the...trailer.

I will make you a deal, lets leave the rules exactly the way they are, and elect me to head tech for the drag races. Qualifications shouldnt be a problem. I will make sure those fast trikes are placed right where they belong.....:cool:

ATC-Eric
02-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Ive seen the trophys, Corey has good experience in ATV drag racing.

:beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer

I want to run moddied class. Im afraid that as soon as you guys see my bike you will automatically say: "OH, thats definently open class material, that things fast!"

Thats BS! If I stick by your rules, why would I get f'ed in the a hole because I built a faster bike then the next dude in my class?

I QUOTE!

"in the interest of fairness to other competitors"

What about the fairness of me?

ONce again I ask you guys (in charge peoples)

What happens when I build a bike thats faster then the guys in the modded class, WHILE sticking to the moddified class rules?

DOESENT that mean I just built a better bike then the next guy in the moddified class?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! SET SOME FREAKIN RULES IN STONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im about to dish out a couple grand into a projuct. If I get to TF and my bike is bumped up because the techs think its to fast, Im gonna be more then upset............................................. ...........

Im building my bike for the moddified class hopefully. If I get there and am bumped to the open, thats not fair at all, because Im not ready for the open class. I have set my bike up for the modded class, not the hybrid, cbr, sled drivin, 500 conversion breathing machines in the open.

Set some rules in stone so I can set my FREAGIN bike up?!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUIT this stupid dance, and decide FOR SURE where bikes will sit.

This is just for fun, and just for bragging rights, BUT Im still concernced that "in the interest of fairness to other competitors" will end up screwing a good few "other" competitors.

Come on now.

Louis Mielke
02-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Technically the Hall boys couldn't run with thier custom bikes other than for the fact that the youth class seems to bend some rules. I think there's something about quads running which totally seems moot. Gonna go reread now. lol

I can see and appreciate what you guys are saying, I just think if it wasn't you guys going on about this and you had some peace about it then people under you would be crying that they can't survive in the modified class cause big bad sprock and corey and andrea got all the time, and know how, and money in the world in their bikes.

I always saw it as the real competition was in open, and I know I'll make some people mad when I say this but the stock and stock modified were for people who were just playing or to give people who aren't everyday drag racers a chance to actually win at something. Ameture vs professional i guess would be a comparison.

I'm not an avid drag race follower so I don't understand the mentality but I don't under stand why you guys are worried about fitting into a "class".

Just build the fastest thing you can and see how you do against the best of the best. And once again I know I'll make someone mad but I don't think the best of the best will be in the stock modified class, they'll be in the open class.

OH, And as comment, Sprock I'm sorry but it doesn't sit right with me that there be just ONE tech. I was under the impression that there will be multiple techs who have to decide unanimously. I don't care what class everyone wants to be in, I wouldn't participate in something that only ONE person had final say. Now if three people with equal power all had to agree for a final decision then I could deal with that. Honestly I think thats a good idea actually.

Jason Hall
02-14-2008, 10:28 AM
I think you guys should really think about this. Maybe a (1).modded class for the guys with coolheads, aftermarket Inframe pipes, ported engines, over sized carbs, No big bore Cylinders of any kind, Stock sleeve & pump gas. Then have a (2).Pro-Mod class for the engines with big bore cylinders, aftermarket cylinders, out of frame pipes & race gas no alky. (3). Open class for all the CRAZY stuff.

Billy Golightly
02-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Eric, what are you building? Something like what viper has?

I'm very concerned about the fact that the open class might not end up being as fast as the modified class. That makes it kinda dumb. If you can build a FAST modified machine, then there is no reason at all that it can't run in the open class. For christ sakes look at my 500R, its all bolt together *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* with NOT A BIT of port work, and I know for a fact that a well built 250 based machine whether its a 265 or 370 has the capability of running with it. I've seen it happen, at trikefest!

How about we just tweak the rules slightly...and this way the people building a machine to kill in the modified class will have to work a little harder or get bumped to the open class:

3. Modified class.
-OEM trikes only
-No drag frames
- any bike that has been modified Carb,bore,aftermarket cylinders,Big bores,long rods. Aftermarket cylinders or modified stock engines may via boring or stroking NOT displace at more then 400cc. NO engine swaps, hybrids of conversions.
-swing arms, total wheelbase can only be xxx amount
-NO Wheelie bars
-NO ALKY or NITROUS
-stock type configuration and routed inframe exhaust pipes only

And then just change the stock class to stock length only. Hows that? I guess that only leaves deciding how to figure out/protest the engine displacement issue.

***Protest/Teardown fee over displacement is $1,000 CASH upfront to be collected by 3WW***

Maybe that'll be some incentive for most people to keep their mouths shut, heck I dunno.

TRITecate350
02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I think you guys should really think about this. Maybe a (1).modded class for the guys with coolheads, aftermarket Inframe pipes, ported engines, over sized carbs, No big bore Cylinders of any kind, Stock sleeve & pump gas. Then have a (2).Pro-Mod class for the engines with big bore cylinders, aftermarket cylinders, Inframe pipes & race gas no alky. (3). Open class for all the CRAZY stuff.

I would support that, as long as they couldnt bump you into open for no reason. As long as we know ahead of time, we can adjust our trikes to fit into the class we want to run. In the pro-mod, did you mean drag pipe or did you mean inframe? Either way would be fine, I just assume you mis typed...

Technically the Hall boys couldn't run with thier custom bikes other than for the fact that the youth class seems to bend some rules. I think there's something about quads running which totally seems moot. Gonna go reread now. lol
Thats fine, as I was saying.... I was just joking about the Hall boys. But if a Pj enters the class with Andrea's 250r and wins, I dont want to here any crying when you have the chance to change the rules and prevent that from happening.

I can see and appreciate what you guys are saying, I just think if it wasn't you guys going on about this and you had some peace about it then people under you would be crying that they can't survive in the modified class cause big bad sprock and corey and andrea got all the time, and know how, and money in the world in their bikes.

This is a race, not a parade. There is ALWAYS gonna be losers, they need to up their game and try and compete. Otherwise the general class is there for them to compete on a more modest scale. Raffa state's, -Basically created for the powervalved,big bore..300,310,330, stroker,ect. WOW, You build a class for us, and all the while you plan to kick us out? Big bad Sprock...and gang are not spending all the money in the world. Eric will have a couple grand in his mods, Andrea only have about $2000 in her mods. Some people put 12,000 into their open class trike and didnt finish in the top 5 of the open.

I always saw it as the real competition was in open, and I know I'll make some people mad when I say this but the stock and stock modified were for people who were just playing or to give people who aren't everyday drag racers a chance to actually win at something. Ameture vs professional i guess would be a comparison.

I see where you are coming from, I tend to see it alittle different. I feel that many people are purchasing parts and building their bikes to be more competive in the class they are aiming for.

Just build the fastest thing you can and see how you do against the best of the best. And once again I know I'll make someone mad but I don't think the best of the best will be in the stock modified class, they'll be in the open class.
I dont think we care about being the best of the best, sure we want to win, and your probably right, the best of the best will probably be in the open class, our modivations is not in winning, it is in being fair to everyone instead of singling out people and bumping them into a class they didnt build for.

OH, And as comment, Sprock I'm sorry but it doesn't sit right with me that there be just ONE tech. I was under the impression that there will be multiple techs who have to decide unanimously. I don't care what class everyone wants to be in, I wouldn't participate in something that only ONE person had final say. Now if three people with equal power all had to agree for a final decision then I could deal with that. Honestly I think thats a good idea actually.
That is why I said I wanted to be the HEAD tech with the absolute power. My comprimise doesnt work if there is more than one tech and they can vote me down. Unanimously wouldnt work..... I would not give in on what is right and we would never come to an unanimous decision. With those are planning this race, how do we know that they are not picking biased techs who are all in agreement that ......EVIL ANDREA MUST BE BOOTED.....
You are saying you dont want one tech for the same reason we want the rule changed. Because its not fair if someone has all the authority to play favorites, if you want 3 techs, Shannon, Eric and I will be the techs then. I know, that is not fair, you guys are all thinking alike, whats the difference between that and the 3 techs you hand pick who has your best interest in their heart?

I'm very concerned about the fact that the open class might not end up being as fast as the modified class. That makes it kinda dumb.

Who cares which class is the fastest, maybe you should change the classes to:
Fast class
Faster class
Fastest class

Then everyone faster than Billy's trail machine can go into the faster class, and everyone faster than Raffas mx trike can go into the fastest class. Seems like a good idea to me. Their isnt anything dumb about it.

If you can build a FAST modified machine, then there is no reason at all that it can't run in the open class. For christ sakes look at my 500R, its all bolt together *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* with NOT A BIT of port work, and I know for a fact that a well built 250 based machine whether its a 265 or 370 has the capability of running with it. I've seen it happen, at trikefest!
1 reason is you built it to compete in a structured modified class.....
No one is intending to be able to win the open and the mod class....
The mod class is gonna be very competitive concidering, Andrea, Corey, Eric, Viper, Tecatez are all gonna be very close in setups.
We cant help it that you have a stock 500 in your trike and you are getting beat by the modded 250s, but at least you are treated fairly, you have all the time in the world to port, big bore, stroker etc. Maybe your tech can bump you to the general class so you have a chance, since they are going to be known to play favorites.

How about we just tweak the rules slightly...and this way the people building a machine to kill in the modified class will have to work a little harder or get bumped to the open class:

3. Modified class.
-OEM trikes only
-No drag frames
- any bike that has been modified Carb,bore,aftermarket cylinders,Big bores,long rods. Aftermarket cylinders or modified stock engines may via boring or stroking NOT displace at more then 400cc. NO engine swaps, hybrids of conversions.
-swing arms, total wheelbase can only be xxx amount
-NO Wheelie bars
-NO ALKY or NITROUS
-stock type configuration and routed inframe exhaust pipes only

And then just change the stock class to stock length only. Hows that? I guess that only leaves deciding how to figure out/protest the engine displacement issue.

I think the Raffa did a excellant job on separating the classes, but he choose to port that one rule....you know the rule about the tech having all the power to unfairly move trikes to other classes.....
If you wanted to have these new rules, I think its stupid, but I would support it, as long as the techs didnt have the power to unfairly move ya. People will be accussing people of cheating if you have a cc limit, but what ever you want.

Maybe that'll be some incentive for most people to keep their mouths shut, heck I dunno.

If I were in charge I would want people to voice their oppinions, and let me know their concerns. But I am a fair person. If you want a monopoly on the drag classes that is fine.

All you have to do is change the wording of the rule. Louis couldnt even tell a difference in the change. You all make it out like this is no big deal, then why not make about 20 people happy and change it...... u know....if its no big deal.
I'll tell you why you dont want to change it, you want to keep the power and dictate who is gonna be in what class. You will show favor to who ever is in the top 3 of the mod class, and will ignore your own rules to have it your way.

Eric dont you dare tell them what you are building, they will use the info against u, boot you to the open....because they hate you. :(

TRITecate350
02-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I didnt want to bring all this up in public, I gave you over a week trying to compromise in private though pms and phone calls. Yet nothing gets done or acknowledged, so here I am in the thread. By the way, I am sure some of you are pissed off and man as heck.....I am not mad and am not going to dislike any of you for your oppinions or statements. :)

Jason Hall
02-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes Sprock, I meant Drag pipe In Pro Mod class. With the pro mod class, guys could build their bikes to the rules, without any reason for bumping.

Billy Golightly
02-14-2008, 01:00 PM
As a competitor I want people that are fast enough to race against open class machines to do exactly that. I'm obviously not benefiting myself any by giving people the ability and probability of going from a class below where I would be to where I do have to race, just another chance for me to get picked off in the eliminations. When I stated earlier that the rules should not benefit anyone the point I was trying to make was that it should be equally difficult and a pain in the ass for everyone. Ya know, sorta like an equal opportunity offender. I'm not singling out anyone. If your Corey, Andrea, or Viper, I already know they can. Anyone else that can, needs to too.

I'm not running the drags, but my suggestion is since this has become such a big deal, is to just make it where the majority of the machines that are open class speeds, have to race in the open class by the way the rules are written and then there wont be any wiggle room.

This sure is an awful lot of trouble for what amounts to nothing being gained by anyone.

Louis Mielke
02-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Eric dont you dare tell them what you are building, they will use the info against u, boot you to the open....because they hate you. :(

Woah woah woah. Those are some really strong words and apparently you have some underlying feelings that keep getting side stepped.

Maybe I'm oblivious to the underground rumblings but from that statement its obvious there are some going down.

That or there's some major mud slinging going on trying to pit a lot of people against each other.

I hope that no one is playing the he said she said, he doesn't like you what do you think of that kinda game going on.

Maybe this whole drag race thing needs to be put aside and if some things need to be gotten out in the open it get taken care of.

Obviously there's someone who feels like their disliked and I'd like to know the who, what, where, and most obviously the why of all this.

I find it hard to believe that some drag race rules have people thinking that they are disliked.

There's no one on this board that I hate, very very very few I dislike, and a couple I don't always see eye to eye with. Never hate.

ATC-Eric
02-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Woah woah woah. Those are some really strong words and apparently you have some underlying feelings that keep getting side stepped.

Maybe I'm oblivious to the underground rumblings but from that statement its obvious there are some going down.

That or there's some major mud slinging going on trying to pit a lot of people against each other.

I hope that no one is playing the he said she said, he doesn't like you what do you think of that kinda game going on.

Maybe this whole drag race thing needs to be put aside and if some things need to be gotten out in the open it get taken care of.

Obviously there's someone who feels like their disliked and I'd like to know the who, what, where, and most obviously the why of all this.

I find it hard to believe that some drag race rules have people thinking that they are disliked.

There's no one on this board that I hate, very very very few I dislike, and a couple I don't always see eye to eye with. Never hate.

Corey was just joking about the hate thing. I could hear him laughing about his post from over a hundred miles away.:lol:

I dont have any beef, neither does Corey. So far this discussion has been civilized in my eyes, heated but civilized. There have not been any direct attacks on anyone, well almost........

I dont think its an issue if the modded class is faster. I have been going by the original posted rules by Raffa since the begginnning of this thread, not because they give me the upper hand, Im just excited about the competion that it will bring me in the modded class.

You know, if the modded class will end up being faster then the open, and the open guys feel all inferior about our wicked fast demon bikes, then maybe we should change the title from open, to exhibision! :lol:

My post last night is very colorful, my computer should come equiped with a breathalizer! :postwhore

Louis Mielke
02-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I hope it was only a joke but the back of my brain kinda wonders if it was.

ATC-Eric
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
It was a joke.

I want to keep all the details about my machine private, so it dosent give some of my competitors the ability to know exactly what I gots.

What Im building does conform to the original rules, no cheating here.

Louis Mielke
02-14-2008, 02:02 PM
That just goes show how I'm really not much of drag racer. I don't understand why anyone cares who has what. What does that do for you? Don't get me wrong, I'm not THAT dumb. I understand the idea. I just don't see why it makes that much of a difference.

Its like, oh well I got a hand gun, well then fine I'll bring a shot gun, ok well I'll bring a grenade launcher, oh yeah, well I'll show with a tank, yeah well I got a F16, and I'd be like HA! ANTHRAX in the mess hall trumps all, death from with in!

I always figured build as big as you can. If someone shows up with something bigger, build it again for next year.
I'm kinda dumb too, I'll tell you exactly whats in my bike.

JasonB
02-14-2008, 02:18 PM
SO MUCH ANGER!!! Im a little upset that my Sprock Racing 300R air cooler will be in the open class just because of the 6inch extended swing arm. I wont even be a blip on the radar in that class, but hey im just looking to have some fun. Correct me if im wrong about my class placement though, I havent red the rules that much.

I do agree that there should be changes made with the rules, theres too many variables that make this a touchy subject

jason

Louis Mielke
02-14-2008, 02:22 PM
i would think you'd be in the mod class. I gotta reread the rules too. lol

i think I'm just gonna run grudge matches this year. The official event sounds kinda to beyond me a this point. I know I wouldn't win anyway.

TRITecate350
02-14-2008, 02:39 PM

Hehe, I was just joking..... But there is an underlining meaning to that statement, Billy wanted to know what Eric was building, why? Either to tell him that his bike isnt a threat, or to be able to change the rules to get rid of him.

As a competitor I want people that are fast enough to race against open class machines to do exactly that. I'm obviously not benefiting myself any by giving people the ability and probability of going from a class below where I would be to where I do have to race, just another chance for me to get picked off in the eliminations. When I stated earlier that the rules should not benefit anyone the point I was trying to make was that it should be equally difficult and a pain in the ass for everyone. Ya know, sorta like an equal opportunity offender. I'm not singling out anyone. If your Corey, Andrea, or Viper, I already know they can. Anyone else that can, needs to too.

I understand your oppinion, and the fact that it is not in your best interest to race the 370 trikes, Just like us, the 370 trikes are competition for our class too. You are argueing that if they are fast enough then they should be in the open class, WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE??? Between Viper and Eric, or Andrea and Tecatez? You are not being fair to those you bump and you open up the next person in line to win. Do you think its fair to run 300bb, 330 bb 350bb or 370 trikes against trikes with 500-900cc? In some cases the engines are 2 times bigger. You are in the open class, those of us who are argueing are in the modified class, why should you and your minority of people (who happen to be in power) with the same way of thinking, have their oppinions count and 80% of the mod class feel that we should take the rule out.
I know, if they are faster they should race in the open, let compromise then, Run the open class first and if anyone who belongs in Mod class wins, then he or she cant race the mod class. Because if you bump them and they have no chance of winning, then you have decided their fate and there is nothing they could do. NOT FAIR.
Lets say you bump Corey and Andrea, Viper and Eric.... Lets say, they lose every round in the open and get slaughtered.... WHY? Because half of the stock 500 trikes decided to buy a drag pipe or got their engines ported. The mod class is over and now those mod class bikes have spent lots of money just to be crapped on by the tech.

I'm not running the drags, but my suggestion is since this has become such a big deal, is to just make it where the majority of the machines that are open class speeds, have to race in the open class by the way the rules are written and then there wont be any wiggle room.
This sure is an awful lot of trouble for what amounts to nothing being gained by anyone.

If I understand this correctly... You want to leave the rules as stated, bump all people the officials think are open class material and the officials would get their way..... And you are not even sure you will be attending Trikefest.

THIS WOULD BE SOOOO SIMPLE TO END, JUST CHANGE THE TECH RULE, AND 80% OF MODIFIED MACHINES WILL BE HAPPY. AND THE 2 OR 3 PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DICTATE THE OUT COME OF THE RACE WILL BE THE ONLY ONES UPSET.

tecat-z
02-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Wow, this is getting exciting! But in fairness, i feel that having 3 techs would satisfy all people entering into the event. i would welcome Cory as top tech. But also have Raffa and Jason Hall as the 2nd and 3rd tech. There probably isn't a smarter bunch of people to look over all bikes and decide which bike fits where. These 3 people have big time knowledge!:twisted: They can't play favorites to any one person, since if there was a discrepency a vote would have final say so. Class structure just needs to be ironed out, and i'm sure it will. Bottom line, there can be only one winner per class, so let's just have fun racing and afterwords talk about it over some beers. i have absolutely no say so in this, and that's fine. There's no money won or lost for me or anyone else i know of. Let's make this as entertaining as we can for ALL, racers and spactators and have FUN!!!!!:w00t: Last years drags were awesome and i thought run well. Derrick did a great job calling up racers and keeping the line moving. Hall, Raffa and Sprock as techs, if they would agree, now that's fair.:beer

brapp
02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
if it wer eup to me any extended lenght swinger and anythgin larger than a cactory over bore be coincidered mod but then again i am runnign the exact same thign i did last year just a few monor tweaksto hopefully makeit better. the grudge matches are soem fo the best parts.

Billy Golightly
02-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Billy wanted to know what Eric was building, why? Either to tell him that his bike isnt a threat, or to be able to change the rules to get rid of him.

I understand your oppinion, and the fact that it is not in your best interest to race the 370 trikes,

You are in the open class, those of us who are argueing are in the modified class, why should you and your minority of people (who happen to be in power) with the same way of thinking, have their oppinions count and 80% of the mod class feel that we should take the rule out.

If I understand this correctly... You want to leave the rules as stated, bump all people the officials think are open class material and the officials would get their way..... And you are not even sure you will be attending Trikefest.

THIS WOULD BE SOOOO SIMPLE TO END, JUST CHANGE THE TECH RULE, AND 80% OF MODIFIED MACHINES WILL BE HAPPY. AND THE 2 OR 3 PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DICTATE THE OUT COME OF THE RACE WILL BE THE ONLY ONES UPSET.

Wow. I'm really disappointed by the way this has turned out.

TRITecate350
02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I dont understand why you are really disappointed?
Sure the first quote I am assuming that was the reason you were asking the question, please correct me if I am wrong.

2nd quote? I was merely letting you know I understand what you are saying...did you not say that?

3rd quote, Hmmmm, Looks like a lot of good points to me, why not rebuke them if you feel i am wrong. Looks like I am exactly right, Louis, Raffa and Billy are the only ones really supporting the tech rule..... You and Raffa definatly have the power.

4th quote, I asked you in chat if you were going to trikefest, you told me you were not sure, the rest of the quote is pretty much 100% correct as well.

5th quote, I am just trying to make it clear what you need to do to make things right.

That is kinda cowardly just saying how dissappointed you are and bring up a whole bunch of my qoutes, if you have a problem why not you call me out on it.

dizasterzrfun69
02-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I think you guys should really think about this. Maybe a (1).modded class for the guys with coolheads, aftermarket Inframe pipes, ported engines, over sized carbs, No big bore Cylinders of any kind, Stock sleeve & pump gas. Then have a (2).Pro-Mod class for the engines with big bore cylinders, aftermarket cylinders, out of frame pipes & race gas no alky. (3). Open class for all the CRAZY stuff.

AMEN :beer

atctim
02-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Don't wanna stir the pot - just offer up something here to be chewed on:

Why not just leave things as they are. If the really fast mods in the mod class are outclassing everyone else in the class - big deal - so be it. If you are not as fast as them - build a faster mod bike. And leave the open class just that.I plan on running my 500 MX bike in the open class and guess what? I smell smoked CR!! I'll get my ass handed to me in a hat - big deal. I say no class bumping

ATC-Eric
02-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Don't wanna stir the pot - just offer up something here to be chewed on:

Why not just leave things as they are. If the really fast mods in the mod class are outclassing everyone else in the class - big deal - so be it. If you are not as fast as them - build a faster mod bike. And leave the open class just that.I plan on running my 500 MX bike in the open class and guess what? I smell smoked CR!! I'll get my ass handed to me in a hat - big deal. I say no class bumping

I love you Tim :)

Louis Mielke
02-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Hehe, I was just joking..... But there is an underlining meaning to that statement, Billy wanted to know what Eric was building, why? Either to tell him that his bike isnt a threat, or to be able to change the rules to get rid of him.

3rd quote, Hmmmm, Looks like a lot of good points to me, why not rebuke them if you feel i am wrong. Looks like I am exactly right, Louis, Raffa and Billy are the only ones really supporting the tech rule..... You and Raffa definatly have the power.

Dude, no ones out to get rid of anyone with any rules. Why do you think that? Where did you get this idea from?

The rules weren't designed with that in mind at all and more than just two people approved of the rules before they were ever posted. So you're telling me that a group of almost 10 different individuals approved rules with intentions of manipulating the outcome?

Billy Golightly
02-14-2008, 07:15 PM
I think I'm gonna lock this for right now.

Corey I got your PM, and at this time, I'm going to decline on the phone call.

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Updated changes to the RULES mod class and max cc for youth..

Howdy
02-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Just my 2 cents: Drop all the rules, and switch back to the run for the fun of it. Like it was when they started. No Awards, just a lot of folks having a good time. It seemed everyone had more fun and a whole lot less complaints.

I have stated my opinion and I will stick to it.
Howdy

Bryan Raffa
02-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Just my 2 cents: Drop all the rules, and switch back to the run for the fun of it. Like it was when they started. No Awards, just a lot of folks having a good time. It seemed everyone had more fun and a whole lot less complaints.

I have stated my opinion and I will stick to it.
Howdy

I will agree with you on that Howdy.. Im starting to regret takeing on the the whole trying too better things and make everyone happy..So we can get back to the JUST HAVEING FUN! Part,,that everyone forgets when they hear the word RACING..the rules will NOT change again.. any changes to the rules will be in 09 and that will be if we run into any problems this year..Everyone Build your bikes and dont sweat the small stuff!..there's bound to be some exceptions..and got a pretty good idea who I would like to rake the track..:twisted:
but in the end I know it will be me out there with a few good guys takeing care of it..:Bounce

TRITecate350
02-15-2008, 10:41 AM
and got a pretty good idea who I would like to rake the track..:twisted::Bounce

I'll help you with the track this year :) I am pretty sure I can get my hands on a box blade from some friends who live within 30 miles of trikefest or could just bring mine if I can fit it on a trailer.

Raffa, Sandpup and everyone else involved, thanks for changing the rule. Sorry for all the headache.

The rules are PERFECT!
:)

Black86tri-z
02-15-2008, 11:14 AM
i dident go last year but after last trikefest every 1 was crying about the street bike so they decided on making some classes so now they made classes and there's more complaining now there not out to bump every fast trike up a class but is it fair if some 1 has a trike there 500$ into vs a drag r with a 500$ pipe NO! but i see were some of you guys dont want to b in open for understandable reasons but if you beat every 1 in your class bye 3 or 4 trikes is that fair?:" i think the rules were pretty reasonable, there's no big cash prize's it's for fun so why is every 1 getting there pantie's in a bunch , just go out there run what you brung, and hope you brought enuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRITecate350
02-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Black86Tri-z, if you have $500 in your trike you will most likely be in the general class, which has nothing to do with the rule. The general class is for those who want to race without spending any money to compete. If you were taking your $500 machine and entering into the modified class where the class was built for use of $500 pipes, big bore kits, longrods, race fuel etc....expect to come in dead last. There is a class for your $500 trike so your example would never happen, and if you wanted to race in the mods, then its your fault your racing against $500 pipe equiped bikes.
If you would like to know why everyone was getting their panties in a bunch, then I sugest you read the entire thread where everything is laid out multiple times. If you still dont understand, call me at 573 721 2251 and I will happily explain it to you.

OldSchoolin86
02-15-2008, 12:32 PM
I will agree with you on that Howdy.. Im starting to regret takeing on the the whole trying too better things and make everyone happy..SCREW THAT!!! You've done a great job structuring the classes! Stick to your guns and the fun will follow. If you were worried about making everyone happy you should have passed on the job. People will always piss and moan but who cares, let 'em cry. I think you've laid down a great foundation to a classic event, stick it out with confidence and I promise it will be awesome.

ATC-Eric
02-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks Raffa, I think everything looks great!

I was down there for a bit in 07 with a shovel, should I bring my rakes and shovels back this year?

Xowner
02-19-2008, 01:12 AM
ill bring the boxing gloves j/k

brapp
02-21-2008, 10:29 PM
hey raffa i am gonan make the gate fo my trailer that i can flip it over and use it as a drag box.

Bryan Raffa
02-27-2008, 08:44 AM
ill bring the boxing gloves j/k

watch out for the gunman on the grassy noel...:eek:

last year I spent most of my time out on the track , with just a few people...missed the whole utillity race.. and then some..just too have some smuck on a polaris go under the caution tape and ride right down the lanes putting some nice ruts in!:mad:

like I said last year..Many hands make light work...many people say there gonna help..but most seldom do..

we actually payed all the kids too help.. and a BIG thanks to 200xman and jason hall..;)

money89tractors
03-06-2008, 11:00 PM
I plan to run my 81R. Questions are: Its currently being bored 2nd over, but it may happen that the cylinder doesnt have enough to bore out the egg shape. Now, if i go to a 300R cylinder, i can run in the stock class, correct? It is an OEM part. Next, with my cylinder possibly not being able to be bored, i may install a 295 kit. This brings me up to the mod class, correct? Problem is i dont think that the 295 will hold and chance against some of those modded trikes, which puts me out.

Next question is: Can i run in the 175-250cc class along with the 250cc 2 stroke class? (assuming i have the stock 2nd bore 250R)

-Phil

Bryan Raffa
03-06-2008, 11:16 PM
I plan to run my 81R. Questions are: Its currently being bored 2nd over, but it may happen that the cylinder doesnt have enough to bore out the egg shape. Now, if i go to a 300R cylinder, i can run in the stock class, correct? It is an OEM part. Next, with my cylinder possibly not being able to be bored, i may install a 295 kit. This brings me up to the mod class, correct? Problem is i dont think that the 295 will hold and chance against some of those modded trikes, which puts me out.

Next question is: Can i run in the 175-250cc class along with the 250cc 2 stroke class? (assuming i have the stock 2nd bore 250R)

-Phil

you would be in the mod class with the 300..because its not a stock cylinder..its a honda cylinder yes ..but one modded for the R ..anything you want in side a stock OEM cylinder..

- Engine must be the original, OEM equipped one. No aftermarket or different then originally equipped cylinders for 2 strokes or 4 strokes.
Any internal engine modifications allowed. 2 strokes are allowed to run aftermarket/non OEM cylinder heads. 4 strokes are not.

last question,, yes

money89tractors
03-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Questions answered then, thank you.

-Phil

Bryan Raffa
03-06-2008, 11:47 PM
shure thing phil.. hope to see ya there!:acr

erectordale
05-24-2008, 11:44 PM
I know this thread has been idle for a while now but I'm in a weird position I have the only 500 that is all stock oem so I can run stock class. yes it would not take much too make modified or open class as it's fast as a stock machine. but with the parts as rare as they are I don't want do do a lot of mods too the 500.
this puts me at a dis advantage when going up a class where the porting and all is done I could port this but why ruin a 500 original cylinder I guess we are in a Tiger 500 delima

1upfront
05-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Race it in both the stock and mod class.