PDA

View Full Version : ALERT!! FL flat track racers!! (like theres alot?)

SYKO
01-29-2008, 09:13 AM
It is with great sadness that I'm writing this to inform everyone, that as of today, due to unforseen circumstances beyond my control, Thunderbowl Speedway has been closed, and all upcoming scheduled races have been cancelled.
I literally found about these circumstances at about 7pm today. I honestly feel as if I've been punched in the stomach. The short version is that someone else has apparently "bought" the property that the track is on. I have spoke to these people and have discovered that they are the same people who were previously involved in the track before I was there. If any of you remember the facility then, it was not a nice place. A run down oval track (if you would call it that), biker bar, trash everywhere, meth lab, and prostitutes working out of campers. These people have expressed to me that they WILL be immediately re-opening the bar. They have asked me to stay on and run a racing program for them, however I have no interest in dealing with these kinds of people, or promoting races anywhere near or around a biker bar atmosphere. At this point I'm not sure what's what or what's going to happen, but I'm sure a lengthy legal battle will ensue, and I refuse to take the racers hard earned money when I now don't even know the status of the property the track is on. From the little research I've done it appears legit, and I'm getting fu#@ed over BIG TIME. One thing is for certain, if it turns out to be a done deal, I will be removing the entire TT track, as its design and all materials belong to me personally.
I have tried hard to make Thunderbowl a family oriented place we could all enjoy and be proud of. To see it come to this just makes me sick. My main concern upon first hearing of this was: "what about all the racers?" The good news is that, for the past couple of months, I have been putting together an outside series at several other tracks in Florida for you guys race on. Two of the tracks I have extremely good relationships with, and was actually going to build a TT track at one of them. I guess I will re-focus my energy in that direction and let the lawyers haggle over Thunderbowl while we go racin'.
Please feel free to call me with any questions.
352-266-3466
Brady Windsor

this was taken directly this morning from atvflorida.com It hit me like a ton of bricks, I dont know what to think. we kinda lost our whole racing league.

Billy Golightly
01-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Holy *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*! Poor Brady, that really sucks.

scrawny
01-29-2008, 01:01 PM
sucks man, hopefully nothing but good will come from this!!

SpeedyTide
01-30-2008, 12:38 AM
I didn't race there, but hate to hear this for you dedicated racers that did. : (

Hopefully some good will come of this!