PDA

View Full Version : Whoa... I don't know about this...

Dammit!
01-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Ebay is making some pretty drastic changes to the feedback system soon. Not sure how I feel about it.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html

What changes are being made to the eBay Feedback system?

There are five key elements to the new Feedback system being introduced in the first half of 2008:

Beginning in February, buyers and sellers will be able to earn up to one Feedback per week from the same trading partner. Today, members may only affect each other's Feedback scores one time, regardless of the number of transactions between the parties. This change will both encourage repeat transactions and reward good service.

Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. This change will occur in May, 2008.

Removal of negative and neutral Feedback left by members who are suspended or who fail to respond to the Unpaid Item Process (UPI).
Positive Feedback percentage will be based on the past 12 months of Feedback, rather than lifetime, since it is most indicative of the seller's recent performance.

Restrictions on when Feedback can be left:
Buyers must wait three days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback
Instead of 90 days, members will be able to leave Feedback for 60 days

Seems to me that the bold part could result in a lot of extortion tactics on the part of shady buyers. The upside is we wouldn't have to worry about getting retalatory feedback when we leave a neg for a bad seller but I don't know if this system is any better. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Orangecnty250r
01-29-2008, 07:10 PM
I agree....way to one sided... it will be abused by buyers for minor things...Although I do like the fact I will lose the only retalitory feedback I have (remember parkdalestuff with the NOS honda stuff) they have a suspended account and they will be removed....I looked back they went down the tube and their whole last page is Negatives

Howdy
01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Ebay has went too far on this. Hopefully they will fix their screw ups on this one.
Howdy

Billy Golightly
01-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Wow. How the fock is anyone gonna be able to keep track of deadbeat bidders now? Insane.

Threes company
01-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. This change will occur in May, 2008. :crazy: Gee.. that makes alot of sense... sellers can leave feedback... it just has to be positive? Or keep your mouth shut I guess. :crazy:

Howdy
01-29-2008, 07:57 PM
More ebay blasting can be found here:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=143

I posted in this thread: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?messageID=2009083955
Howdy

grundlegrabber
01-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah, that's great. So if a buyer bids and doesn't pay, all you can do is leave a positive feedback? WHat sense does that make? Any dummy can clearly see this isn't going to work as planned. The geniuses behind the curtains have really outdone themselves on this one. There are some positive aspects of the plan, but overall it doesn't seem to be any better than the current system. Some problems are solved while others are created.:rolleyes:

SYKO
01-29-2008, 08:05 PM
wow! theres alot of pissed peeps in there!

mike from long island
01-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Let me make sure I understand what ebay is doing.I am selling a part.Some one bids and never pays.I can not leave a negitive or neutral feedabck for them??? But they can leave a negitive on me??? Is this right. If so this is just STUPID!!!!!!!!:crazy:

Fuzzy8766
01-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Everyone is out to kill the buyers. I buy and sell some on ebay and had 100% feedback untill I made my last purchase. The scumbag MF'er that burned me is a power seller and hides behind the Bible. The sale was nothing more than fraud and he waited to leave feedback untill I did. I made contact telling him he riped me off only to have him contact ebay and PayPal to say I was harassing him. Then he sends me email telling me to cease and desist. This dirtbag and others like him my be the reason for some of the changes taking place. I'm not saying that the changes are all good but if it will stop people like ridevintagered that would be a wonderfull thing.

Howdy
01-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Let me make sure I understand what ebay is doing.I am selling a part.Some one bids and never pays.I can not leave a negitive or neutral feedabck for them??? But they can leave a negitive on me??? Is this right. If so this is just STUPID!!!!!!!!:crazy:

You got it 100% correct. Screw the seller!!
Howdy

mike from long island
01-29-2008, 09:37 PM
You got it 100% correct. Screw the seller!!
Howdy

That just doesnt seem right. I dont leave retailitor feedback.I leave what I feel was fair to the transaction.But I guess I should be thankful if my item sell.I pay HIGH FEES,and the hassle of non bidders who have hundreds of question and dont bid.At least I can get some more ngitives added to the ones I already have.

I need a :beer :w00t:

Howdy
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
That just doesnt seem right. I dont leave retailitor feedback.I leave what I feel was fair to the transaction.But I guess I should be thankful if my item sell.I pay HIGH FEES,and the hassle of non bidders who have hundreds of question and dont bid.At least I can get some more ngitives added to the ones I already have.

I need a :beer :w00t:

Have you seen or heard about the new Fee structure going into effect Feb 20th? http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jGyM9tlacJFahAeOYvBsJMNDM3XAD8UFR8N00

The price changes, which take effect Feb. 20, are complex. It will cost 25 percent less to list an item for auction and up to 50 percent less to offer something for a fixed price. EBay's commission on items sold for fixed prices over $100 will also decline.

Its commissions on auction items selling for more than $1000 will remain at 1.5 percent, while its commission on cheaper items will rise as much as 67 percent.

Under the old rules, for example, a purse auctioned for $25 would have cost the seller $1.91, including 60 cents for listing the item plus eBay's commission of $1.31. Under the new structure, the seller would pay $2.74, including 55 cents to list the item plus a higher commission of $2.19.

With the feedback change, and the fee change it's basically a double whammy for the sellers. They (Egay ) have shot themselves in the foot this time.

With the fee increase I probably will be better off if I made my own web site and sold the stuff there. I will try to eliminate using Paypal shortly as well ( BIG changes there too ).
Howdy

Bryan Raffa
01-29-2008, 11:27 PM
hahahahah I guess they didnt like this.. priceless!! I about pissed myself:lol: :lol: :lol: :postwhore

Hello bryan5781,

We appreciate your participation in the eBay Community Forums.

This email is to notify you that we unfortunately had to remove the following
post that you made:

bryan5781 (236 ) View Listings | Report Jan-29-08 17:43 PST 70 of

SO LONG E-BAY.. HELLO CRAIGSLIST!!!

In order for the community forums, which are based on the eBay Community
Values, to be a place where all members can feel comfortable interacting with
each other, there are certain types of posts that we have to remove if reported
to us. The guidelines for posting in the forums are defined in the Board Usage
Policy. Your post was specifically removed for the following reason:

Advertising merchandise, auctions, services or commercial Web sites, including
offers to trade, "wanted" posts, or charitable solicitations. For clarification
of this policy, please visit this page: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?
threadID=410492031

We understand that most posts that are removed were not intentional
violations. Please take a moment to review the Board Usage Policy and policy
explanations via the following URLs for clarification about the types of posts
that we do allow:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-boards.html
http://forums.ebay.com/forum.jspa?forumID=2005

Again, we value your participation in the forums, and we appreciate your
support.

Regards,
Deann
eBay Moderation Team

Howdy
01-30-2008, 01:38 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280196667075&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Howdy

Bryan Raffa
01-30-2008, 07:26 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280196667075&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Howdy

OMG.. thanks for starting my day with a SMILE!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edog
01-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Idiot Idiot Idiot Idiot Idiot Idiot Idiot Idiot Idiot

Dammit!
01-30-2008, 11:20 AM
lmao at the questions that got sent in.

dreadhed
01-30-2008, 09:40 PM
This has to be the dumbest thing ebay has done. So know when some one doesn't pay or changes their mind it's tuff crap for the seller. So now when I get another buyer like Black86tri-z the joker can leave me bad feedback, not pay & I can't him negtive feedback what a rip.

The only good thing I saw was they will finally take feedback away from left buy non paying bidder. That would have been nice a month a go when I was dealing with Black86tri-z, at the time ebay told me to pund sand pretty much.

Did you guys read the parts where it says you are it's your fault if a package gets lost, ebay can decide at their own whim if they want to hold your money for 21 days after payment or unless you say you don't take returns for people buying the wrong part you have to give a refund. I am guessing the will have to include shipping both ways to other wise you can get a negtive.

I think I will not leave feeback for people once this starts(if I even still sale stuff on ebay any more) & I will say why in my auction, also I won't be taking paypal much longer.

3Razors
01-30-2008, 11:43 PM
I think ebay has had some change in managment and these new people think they are doing good when infact the opposite.

Vealmonkey
01-31-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't know how many sellers I've dealt with that leave no feedback. I also just saw an auction the other day that stated if the buyer left negative feedback, then the seller would leave negative feedback. People who have dealt with me here on this website with deals, know I'm an upstanding, fast paying buyer, and my feedback is 100% on ebay so far, but some sellers are getting away with murder. I'm not saying you sellers are, but some sellers on ebay are. There are just as many bad deals with scumbag sellers as there is with scumbag buyers. I hope all this ebay crap will make the classifieds more active on here and I hope the mods will be keeping a very watchful eye on buyers and sellers on here. I have not had any bad deals from the classified section on here so far and I hope I never do.