PDA

View Full Version : Trikefest 08 MX rules and general info

Kintore
01-30-2008, 12:10 AM
here ya go boys!
I will be there from wednesday on, so please come early and sign up!

Trikefest 2008 Motocross
Signup closes Saturday at 11:00am!!!!!! Please register early!!! (see Kintore!)

Safety Equipment – Haspin requires helmets be worn at all times. It is also highly recommended that goggles and boots providing ankle protection and pants that cover legs be worn, though the park does not require it.

Number Plates – We cannot score you if we can’t see your number! A rear grab bar number plate, or number plate on back of chest protector is required. Numbers should be 6-8” tall and contrasted to background so our volunteer amateur scorers can easily read them. Front and/or side number plates are also helpful but not required. You can’t have too many numbers! It is also suggested that you do not use single digit numbers as it makes duplications a lot more likely, and somebody will have to change their number. We do not provide number plates so you’ll need to make them, or buy them at your local motorcycle dealer. Cheap number plates and numbers usually run you less than $5. The background plates can be made from cut plastic jugs and numbers can be made from electrical tape. Styrofoam plates are not recommended, as they tend to break off before you finish your moto, but will serve in an emergency.

Scoring – We will again use supercross style scoring. The first race is strictly for line position in the 2nd moto. Your 2nd moto place is what counts for your final position and trophy. First moto will be based on your class, and the 2nd race will be determined at the 2nd riders meeting.
Classes

A Class- The best of the best, anything goes (ex hybrids, big bores). Eat your wheaties and come prepared. (6 lap starting moto)

B Class- Riders with decent experience racing MX. 250r/350x/200x/Tri Z. (3 lap starting moto)

C Class- Riders with little to none experience racing MX. 250r/350x/200x/Tri Z. (3 lap starting moto)

Unsuspended A– Over 125cc such as Atc200, Big Red, SX, YTM (2 lap starting moto)
Unsuspended B- Up to 125cc such as ATC70, 90, 110, YT60, YT125, ALT125, etc. (2 lap starting moto)

Ladies’ Trike- Ladies of all ages on any size 3 wheeler (2 lap starting moto- main will be decided after first moto)

Mini Quad – We wanted to include the kids! - Mini quads under 125cc. Adults are welcome to race mini quads but only 14 and under are eligible for trophy. (2 lap starting moto)

Geriatric Trike Exhibition – This will be a non-trophy exhibition class for mostly older riders with physical or health limitations who feel that even running a novice class would put them at health or safety risks, but are dying to experience Motocross! This class will run one lap for first moto, and riders will decide whether one or two laps in 2nd moto.

If you are unsure what class to run, or don’t see a class that fits, contact (Kintore at joshballthearcher@hotmail.com or PM via 3WW) and we will find a way to make sure you are included. These are guidelines only and we can bend them as necessary to make things competitive and inclusive. In general, riders may run in more difficult class than they qualify for provided it does not impede other riders or cause safety concerns, but please get approval before signing up.

Bryan Raffa
01-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Hummm... mini's.. look out brapp im comeing for ya:naughty: :naughty:

ATC-Eric
01-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Sounds good! :)

Im excited. :D

TRITecate350
01-30-2008, 10:40 AM
:)
Woot!!! Cant wait.
Eric I might have to borrow a trike from you.... Andrea probably wont let me borrow her bike after I did the superman off of it last year....
I tell them and tell them.... "I am a trained professional"

Maybe my daughter will lend me her Scrambler 50 to compete in the mini.

ATC-Eric
01-30-2008, 11:39 AM
:)

Maybe my daughter will lend me her Scrambler 50 to compete in the mini.

OH ITS ON!!!!! Im gonna hold you to this!!!!!!! :lol:

Mikeproc
01-31-2008, 01:35 AM
i just bought a 70 today for the mini race so be ready raffa the 70's will prevail

Jason Hall
01-31-2008, 05:36 AM
I gots 3 bucks on the 10 year old kid on the modded zinger again this year In the mini class. lol

Bryan Raffa
01-31-2008, 07:37 AM
looks like the Mini's are gonna be a hot one this year..:naughty: :lol: :w00t:

Jason Hall
01-31-2008, 08:50 AM
No other regulations In the mini class other than under 14, and under 125cc?
3 wheelers aloud In mini quad also right?
Where will my boys be able to run with the custom built 60 and 85 suspended?

300rman
01-31-2008, 05:22 PM
hmm minis sound like a good class for my kx80 powered mini quad i am contemplating:twisted:

i thinki would run in the C class, i have little to no track experience, but im a fast learner :D

Kintore
01-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Hey Hall,
yep, mini quads/trikes are good.

Your boys with the 60 and 85 clean up every year, I was thinking Unsuspended B for the 60 and maybe even C class for the 85? What do you think? your kids HAUL dude.

Jason Hall
01-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Sounds good to me my little Canadian buddy :D

Mikeproc
02-02-2008, 05:25 PM
i think its a little silly to have 200x and 250sx running with 350x and 250r. i dont race that class and have no idea who does but if there were enough people i think itd be nice to have them apart. just a thought

atctim
02-08-2008, 11:29 AM
I think if the Hall boys want some actual competition - they need to run in C class - I would put money on them cleaning that class up as well! Brandon might even be ready for B class - man that kid amazes me - he can really ride the heck out of that 85. I'll never forget last time I raced with him - I was starting up and over the 2econd jump on the big rythem section - and right past my head flies this kid - "He friggin Doubled it" - and there was no catching him after that.

Kintore
02-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Mikeproc-

A Class- The best of the best, anything goes (ex hybrids, big bores). Eat your wheaties and come prepared. (6 lap starting moto)

B Class- Riders with decent experience racing MX. 250r/350x/200x/Tri Z. (3 lap starting moto)

C Class- Riders with little to none experience racing MX. 250r/350x/200x/Tri Z. (3 lap starting moto)

Unsuspended A– Over 125cc such as Atc200, Big Red, SX, YTM (2 lap starting moto)
Unsuspended B- Up to 125cc such as ATC70, 90, 110, YT60, YT125, ALT125, etc. (2 lap starting moto)

SX's are not running with the 350x and 250r. yes the 200x is, due to the fact ive seen a 200x clean the 350x class as well.

brapp
02-13-2008, 11:44 PM
so much for me runjing the 250r and the 350x in mx. and dont you thign the classes willbe toobig?

Kintore
02-14-2008, 10:40 AM
This year is going on riding skill, like how its done all over. If theres too many in 1 gate we will make 2 heats and take the top of each.

brapp
02-19-2008, 12:07 PM
then i guess i am sol i am a xc racer not mx.

Kintore
02-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Why dont you pick one or the other? 350 or 250r?

jason85atc250r
02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
why dont you have a seperate 4 stroke and 2 stroke class. your not going to get as much people wanting to race since your putting 350 and 200x's with 250r's. your going to piss alot of people off

they have seperate classes like that out here in district 6. no trikes though. but production for 450's and a open class that the 250r's run in. there is a A and B class for each of them. even a 0 to 300 class for blaster and 300ex's.

brapp
02-21-2008, 10:17 PM
right with jason its hwo its done around here and every mx race i ahev ever been to. and what happene to the fun aspect of it
i gaurentee noone in thie rright mode with wananrace a 350x against a 250ron a mx track

Kintore
02-21-2008, 10:25 PM
right with jason its hwo its done around here and every mx race i ahev ever been to. and what happene to the fun aspect of it
i gaurentee noone in thie rright mode with wananrace a 350x against a 250ron a mx track

First of all, the fun aspect of it is what im shooting for here guys, im just trying to eliminate classes instead of last years 20 classes. Im trying to go for more of a general format with the ABC classes over last years setup. Not everyone is going to be happy and thats how it always works, no matter how I make it, no matter what I do, someone will always be dissapointed.

Jason Hall
02-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I would bet a good rider on a 350x could run right with a 250r on Haspin's small mx track.

jason85atc250r
02-21-2008, 11:35 PM
with those class setup your ruining the fun of it. who's going to want in there rite mind to run a 200'x with the 250'r. you'll get alot more parcipitation with a seperate B and C 2 and 4 stroke class.

same deal as above with the unsuspended A class with atc 200's with 250sx's

with them seperated more your going to have better compitition with the same size motored trikes. there will be alot better battles instead of big blowouts.

this class setup is the same deal as at line mountian races last June. they have a strictly 2 stroke quad class. i ran my 250r powered 400ex and there were 2 guys with Blasters i beat them by 10 minutes. it was a 4 mile harescramble course running 3 laps. at Trikefest it'll be the same 200x's a half lap back with the 250r's long gone.

Kintore
02-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Why dont I add another class just for 200x's then, That would solve all issues would it not and make most people happy

brapp
02-22-2008, 06:34 PM
move it to the big mx track where we can actualy run the bikes to thier true potential and every one has a fair chance on riding skill

Kintore
02-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Might as well go flat tracking if thats what you want to do. Ill see what I can do Brapp...

Bryan Raffa
02-27-2008, 08:32 AM
move it to the big mx track where we can actualy run the bikes to thier true potential and every one has a fair chance on riding skill

that track SUCKS!!!! what.. there like two or 3 jumps on the whole thing.. If that happens I'll be watching...

Billy Golightly
02-27-2008, 12:21 PM
The big track is always in such shitty condition, I can't reccomend that.

keister
02-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Plus the small track is better for the spectators - you can virtually stand in one spot and see the whole track.

Derrick Adams
03-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Sounds like some people on here need to sack up and pick a class. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Other wise, pick a class and go with it. Don't be baggin on the boy for trying to run some races. If you don't like them start your own 3 wheeler race and be sure to invite me!

3leggeddog
03-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't know.I think 350x class-a-b,a 250 2 storke class a-b,a small bore class 350 cc,and down 4 stroke-a-b,an open class-a-b,so on,and so forth.

Break the machines up evenly.That way a guy with a 250r,can run with the open hybrid trikes,and everyone in between is happy.if you want to run your 200x in the 350x class,have at it.then rider skill shines through.

just my 2 cents.Don't eliminate classes because it's less work,I will be there to help.make it senseable for everyone

Mosh
03-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Sounds like some people on here need to sack up and pick a class. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Other wise, pick a class and go with it. Don't be baggin on the boy for trying to run some races. If you don't like them start your own 3 wheeler race and be sure to invite me!
Umm No!!!

I have seen you beat the Pi$$ outta me on a whooped out 350x vs. a Tri-Z.I wont race you anymore unless you drop to a 110 in the 250r class.LMAO

Mx is all about the skills,get em or learn em guys!!

seadoo650
03-03-2008, 09:05 PM
"who's going to want in there rite mind to run a 200'x with the 250'r. you'll get alot more parcipitation with a seperate B and C 2 and 4 stroke class."

I'd put little Mark (garageboy) on a 200x versus some 250r's anyday. Louis beat me on the wife's 200x at Summit indoors and I was on a 250r. It's all skill. Pick the right class.

Kintore
03-03-2008, 11:33 PM
i didnt think this was going to be as big as issue

back to the drawing board

SIGH...

EDIT-

What about last years setup and run The Hybrids with the advanced strokes

3leggeddog
03-04-2008, 03:50 AM
you still need to have a 2 stroke a class,and b class.Let the hybrids battle it out.then do a king mx class or something.'

your the dude in charge,stick to your guns,I'm just putting in my 2 cents,thats all.you know I will ride against whoever,so this ain't any of my concern.everyone would like atrophy.I think the hybrid guys should ahve a fair chance against other hybrids,and same for the 2 stroke a guys.

sandpuppi101
03-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Just make sure you have the Geritol class or something easy so I have a chance ..LOL

Kintore
03-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Most A class 2 strokers run against hybrids anyways, I just dont wanna see guys running double classes? like Hybrid and King MX per say?

Last years setup worked just fine, what about leaving it all like that and running an

OPEN class!

3leggeddog
03-04-2008, 01:33 PM
why not.I wanna run 2 stroke a,and king mx.your right,we do usually run with the hybrid guys,and not to be rude,but we have done enough of that to know the outcome.that what i said about everybody havin a fair chance to win a trophy.

i think your last idea is wonderful.BUt not an open class,a KING MX class.If you think you got the skills,gear up on your 3 wheels.

Kintore
03-04-2008, 05:20 PM
hmm, maybe last years setup with KING MX, but what about hybrids? they/we want a seperate class?

Derrick Adams
03-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I want a hybrid class,a 4 stroke class, a Yamaha class, and a guys over 240lb class. Otherwise put me in A class. Since when has Brandon thought he couldnt beat a hybrid? SO, can Louis and Tim still run the 500's in the proposed 2 stroke class? Cause if so, i'm borrowing Tims! I was under the impression that the manufacturers built the 450 to compete with the 250 (2 stroke). So I need to build me a 1000 to run against Louis's 500 then. Damn, there goes the bank account.

.......... Derrick steps down of his soap box.

OldSchoolin86
03-04-2008, 10:01 PM
I want a hybrid class,a 4 stroke class, a Yamaha class, and a guys over 240lb class. I like the husky class...............LMAO!

atctim
03-05-2008, 12:23 PM
I want a hybrid class,a 4 stroke class, a Yamaha class, and a guys over 240lb class. Otherwise put me in A class. Since when has Brandon thought he couldnt beat a hybrid? SO, can Louis and Tim still run the 500's in the proposed 2 stroke class? Cause if so, i'm borrowing Tims! I was under the impression that the manufacturers built the 450 to compete with the 250 (2 stroke). So I need to build me a 1000 to run against Louis's 500 then. Damn, there goes the bank account.

.......... Derrick steps down of his soap box.

My opinion is this - last year it was proven on the track that a good A class rider on a 250cc 2 stroke can beat any machine - it was proven in Monster class - so why separate - include monster trike in with A class 2 stroke.

I like the over 240LBS class too! Makes us fat guys look faster!:beer

Kintore
03-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Working on a new format that will keep alot more people happy, give me till tonight and ill see what I can do. 350 and 250r are seperate....

Kintore
03-05-2008, 12:47 PM
How about this.....

Trikefest 2008 Motocross

Safety Equipment – Haspin requires helmets be worn at all times. It is also highly recommended that goggles and boots providing ankle protection and pants that cover legs be worn, though the park does not require it.

Number Plates – We cannot score you if we can’t see your number! A rear grab bar number plate, or number plate on back of chest protector is required. Numbers should be 6-8” tall and contrasted to background so our volunteer amateur scorers can easily read them. Front and/or side number plates are also helpful but not required. You can’t have too many numbers! It is also suggested that you do not use single digit numbers as it makes duplications a lot more likely, and somebody will have to change their number. We do not provide number plates so you’ll need to make them, or buy them at your local motorcycle dealer. Cheap number plates and numbers usually run you less than $5. The background plates can be made from cut plastic jugs and numbers can be made from electrical tape. Styrofoam plates are not recommended, as they tend to break off before you finish your moto, but will serve in an emergency.

Scoring – We will again use supercross style scoring. The first race is strictly for line position in the 2nd moto. Your 2nd moto place is what counts for your final position and trophy. First moto will be based on your class, and the 2nd race will be determined at the 2nd riders meeting.
Classes

Open A class- All A class Riders - pretty much anything goes - hybrids - monster trikes- Eat your wheaties and come prepared (6 lap start)

B class 2 stroke - 250cc 2 Strokes with some/little MX experience. (3 lap start)
C class 2 Stroke- 250cc 2 Strokes with no MX experience. (3 lap start)

A class 4 stroke - 350X class for advanced riders (option to run Open is there, 200x allowed if you feel the need!) (3 lap start)
B Class 4 stroke- 350x/ 200x class for riders with little to none MX experience. (3 lap start)
C class 4 stroke - 200X class including 250ES, 250SX, Yamaha fully suspended sport utility models - like 225 DX. (3 lap start)

A class Hard tail - 185cc and up hard tails (200S, 200M, 200 Big red, Yamaha 2 strokes 125 and 175cc) (2 lap start)
B class Hard tail - under 185cc - like Zingers, 70s, 90s, 110s, 125s. (2 lap start)

Ladies’ Trike - Ladies of all ages on any size 3 wheeler

Mini Quad – We wanted to include the kids! (14 and under) - Mini quads under 125cc. Adults are welcome .

Geriatric Trike Exhibition – This will be a non-trophy exhibition class for mostly older riders with physical or health limitations who feel that even running a novice class would put them at health or safety risks, but are dying to experience Motocross! This class will run one lap for first moto, and riders will decide whether one or two laps in 2nd moto.

If you are unsure what class to run, or don’t see a class that fits, contact (Kintore at joshballthearcher@hotmail.com or PM via 3WW) and we will find a way to make sure you are included. These are guidelines only and we can bend them as necessary to make things competitive and inclusive. In general, riders may run in more difficult class than they qualify for provided it does not impede other riders or cause safety concerns, but please get approval before signing up.

ProCarbine2k1
03-08-2008, 02:18 AM
That looks a lot better. I would personally like a 200x A and B class, separated from 4 stroke A and B, but thats just me. Its just that there are so many, and I dont know how competitive most 200x's are against the bigger 4 strokes. Havent watched you guys race much, just the cra stuff like I do.
Looks good though, keep it up...

Kintore
03-11-2008, 10:38 AM
How about this.....

Trikefest 2008 Motocross

Classes

Open A class- All A class Riders - pretty much anything goes - hybrids - monster trikes- Eat your wheaties and come prepared (6 lap start)

B class 2 stroke - 250cc 2 Strokes with some/little MX experience. (3 lap start)
C class 2 Stroke- 250cc 2 Strokes with no MX experience. (3 lap start)

A class 4 stroke - 350X class for advanced riders (option to run Open is there, 200x allowed if you feel the need!) (3 lap start)
B Class 4 stroke- 350x/ 200x class for riders with little to none MX experience. (3 lap start)
C class 4 stroke - 200X class including 250ES, 250SX, Yamaha fully suspended sport utility models - like 225 DX. (3 lap start)

A class Hard tail - 185cc and up hard tails (200S, 200M, 200 Big red, Yamaha 2 strokes 125 and 175cc) (2 lap start)
B class Hard tail - under 185cc - like Zingers, 70s, 90s, 110s, 125s. (2 lap start)

Ladies’ Trike - Ladies of all ages on any size 3 wheeler

Mini Quad – We wanted to include the kids! (14 and under) - Mini quads under 125cc. Adults are welcome .

No one has any issues? No comments? Concerns? Questions???

Good!

atctim
03-11-2008, 07:51 PM
No one has any issues? No comments? Concerns? Questions???

Good!

Will there be a special Mullet Class this year?

Kintore
03-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Yep, Open A class! hahaha