PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk laptop batteries!

thefox
01-30-2008, 12:00 PM
I am looking for a new battery for my Dell laptop, has anyone else replaced their battery and can give advice? Battery stores/websites seems ridiculously overpriced so I checked good old eBay. Has anyone tried the no-name brand batteries? What about ratings, should I get the higher amp/hr battery or will it not make that much of a difference?

For the record, I have a Dell Inspiron E1505. The battery just stopped working after the last time I used and charged it. Although I have the 2 year extended warranty Dell only covers their batteries for 1 year (so why did I pay extra for the extra year?). I have since read that having the battery suddenly stop working 6 months out of warranty is not uncommon for Dells.

pinkhonda
01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
hey, i just happen to work at a battery specialty store & can get the 14.8v 2000mAh for $99 and the 11.1V 7800mAh for $134. we get our batteries from a company called Fedco Electronics, they are made here in the US, have a 1 yr warranty and they have very good in the past about any problems with batteries.

as far as the higher capacity, they do last longer per charge for sure, but in this case for some reason, the battery is offered in 2 different voltages, i would stick with the same voltage rather than jumping to a higher milliamp.

i hope i was of some help to you. if you're interested in me getting you the battery, you can call me at work 814-227-2123. ask for shelly

snapon
02-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I have a connection that can get all Dell parts used and new. Give me specifics on the battery and I can get you a real good price on new or used. Get me the P\N off of the battery and I'll let you know how much.

thefox
02-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I have a connection that can get all Dell parts used and new. Give me specifics on the battery and I can get you a real good price on new or used. Get me the P\N off of the battery and I'll let you know how much.

Seriously? It is a type GD761 Rating: 11.1V Capacity 53WH.... for a Inspiron E1505.

snapon
02-03-2008, 02:08 AM
unfortuanately I'll have to wait until Monday, but I'm pretty sure I can get it. I'll let you know on Monday.

thefox
02-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Not a problem.

400exguy
02-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Looking for the same battery. Pmed ya snapon