PDA

View Full Version : Titling an ATV

Twilight
01-31-2008, 12:57 AM
I learned something today, something that sucks.

I cant get titles, tabs or any kind of ORV tag for my toys. This state doesnt allow ORV tags for vehicles without a title. Where i lived before, you didnt need one, so i never worried about it.

Is there anyway around this? The girl at the DOL told me I would have to have a title from another state on my machines and have it transfered into my name. I found my 86 200x at the house here, and my FL350 was bought brand new from the dealer... never issued a title, and 2 FL250 Odysseys were rebuilt from frames. Am I screwed? Or does anyone know a way around this crap?

Nick_R_23
01-31-2008, 01:53 AM
You should be able to file for a lost title, or they should issue you one if the bike never had a title originally. I think they are BSing you if they told you that you cant get a title.

If all else fails, go in there and raise hell!! They will do anything to prevent a scene!! :D

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Twilight
01-31-2008, 02:09 AM
I was told that if I file for a lost title, all someone has to do is come in with the same VIN and its taken from me. That they dont even need a title.

None of them had titles, I had a friend run the VIN's and the 86 200x and FL350 are so clean they dont even show the dealer they were sold to.

jason 32
02-12-2008, 03:25 AM
its a pain in the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*- they come with a certificate not titles- the states know this!
,and they wont tell you if there was a title on it before with out a hassle-, and they dont release info about previous owners-
,and i think possession is 9 tenths of the law- so they would have to prove it was stolen- all you need is a true bill of sale,and they go back on the seller
most stuff on ebay is with out titles- and bikes 17 years old dont need them