PDA

View Full Version : Looking into buying laptop,some questions?

New2ATC
01-31-2008, 05:03 PM
I am looking into buying a laptop when I get my tax return in. I was looking at the new ones, but I don't want to spend that much.I am looking to spend around 200 bucks. Im looking for something for light gaming, watching movies,and using the web (56k or wifi). Just wondering if theres anywhere to get a good used or refurbished laptop other than E-Bay?

SYKO
01-31-2008, 05:44 PM
200 bucks? wtf?? are you serious? I think leapfrog is going to fit in that buget cirteria only...

I have a HP dv8000 and it rulz! best buy got in a tripple shipment one day and they marked them down from 1800 to 999, been one of the best comps I ever had, I also had a HP before this one. Its a bit over kill for what I need but the price beat out the others easily....200 wow.... hit cragislist man.

ceaserthethird
01-31-2008, 07:39 PM
What $200 bucks .... leapFrog for sure !

Best thing to do is go to circut-city or Best Buy put $200 down and Get a Credit Card from the Store for the rest

$600 should get you something good

TeamGeek6
01-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Laptop? Blonde, blue eyes, giant t1t5.

Oh, you mean computer?

Minimum for a good new one is $500-600. Might score an old used one for 200 but I wouldnt buy it from anyone but a dealer with some kind of warranty.

The Goat
01-31-2008, 09:48 PM
i can get you a toshiba with a 3.2 in it for 250 bucks...but you'd have to buy a charger...it only works when it wants to. this indian guy in my class is selling it.

New2ATC
02-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Its funny that you say leap frog, I was looking at a V tech brand on sale at radio shack lol, but yeah I know $200 isn't much, but like I said I'm not looking for a new one, but something more along the lines of a decent used, or refurbished one. I would love to buy a new one, but I'm not getting much back, so I wouldnt be able to afford one unless it was on some sort of a payment plan. Some sellers on ebay offer a warranty so that might be my best bet, unless I can get a payment plan or borrow some money to get a new one.