PDA

View Full Version : XC race at TF, any interest??????????

ccdhowell
02-05-2008, 03:54 PM
I recently started racing in a cross country series around my area, only problem with the series is that they won't let me race my Tecate. So I got to thinking, maybe if I got to Haspin on Monday and spent Tuesday and Wednesday scouting, I bet I could put together a cross country race...

Anybody interested in running a XC race if I put it together?

Anybody interested in providing input on the course? Be at Haspin on Tuesday and help map it out. I have a GPS for my trike so I can hopefully not get lost.

Anybody wanna help?

Post up your thoughts, pro or con.

Get your machines ready, this could be good...really good:Bounce :Bounce

Chris

ATC-Eric
02-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Boy this is gonig to be a busy week! :eek:

You know Im down Chris! Im gonna do some more riding this time! :beer

ccdhowell
02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks dude, may just be you and me. Noone seems interested.

More riding is my plan too. I'm planning on bringing 3, maybe 4, atvs. When one goes down, hop on another and keep riding. My XC Quadracer has been extremely reliable considering it's not much newer than the trikes we ride and the massive pounding it takes on race weekends.

When you and Jason planning on getting to Haspin this year? Where you lookin to camp?

Chris

ATC-Eric
02-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Im looking to be there Tuesday morning.

We need to find a good spot. I have to save a spot for Sprock, and want to kick it near you again.

Getting there that early this year, I think we will have a better choice.

If you get there on Monday, you could find us a knarly location.

:w00t: I cant freagin wait!!!!! :w00t:

ccdhowell
02-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I got to Haspin Wednesday morning last year and there wasn't too many folks around yet, plenty of spots to choose from.

I wonder what would be a good day/time to try to run an XC race? We need to start putting an event schdule together so we can begin to plan it all out.

Wazzup with the TriZ? Running?

Tecate's still down. Damned Quadracer and the race effort are taking all my time.

Be cool,

Chris

ATC-Eric
02-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey Chris,

The Tri-Z runs, but still dosent have 1st. It still hasnt moved since Thanksgiving.

I gots a plan in effect right now, should be back on the trails here within a month!

I think the XC race would do good on Thursday maybe. I know not everyone would be there yet, but all the other days are somewhat full. The only thing going on Thursday that I recall, would be the utility event if they decided to do it again.

Good luck with gettin the catete back up and running, Im dying to go riding!

johnny's X
02-11-2008, 12:36 PM
I am in on the CT race for sure. I will be there tuesday wednesday not sure yet. either way I can help if needed.

ccdhowell
02-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey thanks man. May be only the 3 of us, but it will be a blast anyway. I think more will participate when it comes time to race.

I remember you from TF last year. Weren't you camped down by the pond? I remember your nice looking trikes parked in a line.

Chris

brapp
02-13-2008, 11:20 PM
hey guys count me in and willwe have diffrent classes liek a 2 and 4 stroke class or what? and how abotu for the most part runnign the poker run course?

ccdhowell
02-14-2008, 12:26 AM
I didn't do the poker run last year so I don't know what it looked like other than muddy. And since I don't know the course I figured I'd just tool around Monday and Tuesday and see what I can come up with.

Chris

OldSchoolin86
02-14-2008, 10:17 PM
I know 2 from WI that would get in on a XC race!

ccdhowell
02-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Alright, you're on.

OldSchoolin86
02-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Alright, you're on.The 2 is my buddy Robin and his boy Arik. He's not exactly computer savvy but a yearly TF attendee none the less. I'm thinking my 125m won't be as competitive as their z and r :lol: but I might enter for fun making it 3 from WI. This kind of thing is right up our alley!

brapp
02-19-2008, 12:00 PM
if you need help on set up on monday or tuesday let me know i wananget out there early

Gag_Halfront
02-23-2008, 08:47 PM
This will be my first TF, so I won't really know the lay of the land at all. That said, an XC sounds like a heck of a good idea. I'm in. I'm going to hopefully get there Monday.

ccdhowell
02-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Will do brapp.

The terrain is steep rolling hills. Should make a good race course.

Russell 350X
05-17-2008, 01:40 AM
If you guys want to do the XC race, I'm in. What day would we want to do it?

ccdhowell
05-25-2008, 09:38 AM
You guys will have to get this one done without me, boss says I gotta stay and work, after telling me i was on vacation that week earlier. Don't let my absence discourage you. There should be a course(s) already laid in, they race XC at Haspin Acres, ask at the desk up front to point you towards it. Somebody be sure to share with me how it goes.

Sorry guys,
Chris