PDA

View Full Version : Raffa's "ICE RACING"+sunday's pic's

Pages : [1] 2

Bryan Raffa
02-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Putting together a ICE Race at my house on Feb 16th-17th.. This will be a ICE ride..ONLY. studs are not necessary but if you want to keep up you will need them..weather permitting ..I keep a close watch of the conditions.. and will update often...

Bring your tip up's as there will be ice fishing also!!

also a Yamaha V-MAX 800 4 cylinder sled on NITROUS!! for those of you who like to scare the crap out of themselves....:twisted:

GOOD FOOD,GOOD TIME,TRIKES,QUADS,SLEDS,FISHING,GOOD COMPANY..
5671 Sutton pnt n conesus 14435 is my address if you want to map quest it..

calling all NY Guy's ,longIsland Guy's,PA Guy's...ECT!!!

I can fit 7-8 people in beds first come first serve..plenty floor space also:D

Don't Miss out on the fun!! This Might be our only chance of getting together on the ICE..

I have a Polaris 4x4 at my disposal if there's snow.. the track will be layed out Saturday morning ...1/8 mile OVAL and a TT track with some right turns.:D

MIK6.. there's a tri-z here fully studded with your name on it!!;) :beer

WLL
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM
wish i could go. i hope there is some vids takin so i can watch. i hope lots show up on trikes

Bryan Raffa
02-06-2008, 12:45 AM
WLL I have one extra set of 4/100 rear tires ..no front tho..think about it

Chevy200s
02-06-2008, 01:18 AM
sweet! I'm in man, sounds like a blast. I dont have studded tires for my R, is it worth bringing or am I better off bringing my SRV? Also, is registration a must? like, do they check that quite a bit out your way (just because they dont seem to mind out here on the older rides), if so not a problem just gotta get to the dmv. Anyways, I'm in and I think Josh (klondike1020) from TF06 is in too, thanks man lookin forward to it!

Bryan Raffa
02-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Reg..not a problem..I got a sherriff 3 houses over..all good!;) Bring the R
chrisD and johnR are comeing.. they might have a extra set....

hope to get the FREAK's down too!

Chevy200s
02-06-2008, 01:36 AM
sounds good man, I'll bring the R to pretend I can race and the 200s to go out and tow it home if I break something :lol: heck if I got extra room on the trailer I'll throw a sled on there too.

So you've got a Vmax 4 on nitrous eh? those things were crazy fast stock, this is something I have to see:naughty:

I'll see if I got Matt/Freak's number and give him a call tomorrow, hey if you want to bring in the "locals", see if you can get OC out there with a Tiger that would be sick. just hope the weather holds out...

chris200x
02-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Hey Raffa. I'm thinking about this if I can car pool up with someone (split driving time and gas). Is that cobra too loud that I got on my X. I wouldn't want to shatter anyones windows. lol

One problem I have is I dont have an extra set of tires to stud. I got a front but no rears.

freaksfix
02-06-2008, 08:51 AM
hope to get the FREAK's down too!

im pretty sure i can make it. work has been slow so im pretty sure i can get the time off. but being its been so slow ive used all my vaction time back filling cut hours. but i am willing to take an unpaid day to play on the ice with the boys..

the 4 snows are on the R now and i'll pick up a bag or two of cold cutters for the fast trekkers..

torker
02-06-2008, 10:20 AM
http://i30.tinypic.com/20a88cj.jpg

What plastic are on the rear of that TRI-Z? Those look great!!!
Just wondering.
TORKER.

Meat-BoX
02-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Woo Hoo, I will be there. Getting it done this weekend. Put a chain on, lower her and check all nuts and bolts, put on a brand new rear shock I just got. If I cant get tires I will stud up the ones on my Tecate and 200X:w00t:
Mik6, hit me up. Maybe we can go up together. I may have to work on Monday though. :wondering
Will like to see some good video of us on the net:beer hopefully beating some quads and just plain going fast.:twisted:

Just noticed the rear tires. Whats with the rows of Knobbies cut out? Good for self cleaning? Also, what tires are those? Gots to get my full face helmet so I dont catch a stud in the eye:D

atctim
02-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Dang - double trike event weekend - Ice racing and Sunset Ramblers Harescramble! East Coasters - REPRESENT!

evand
02-06-2008, 12:35 PM
if i can get a damn water pump seal for the z in time im there, she may b plastic-less tho:w00t:

thefox
02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Dang - double trike event weekend - Ice racing and Sunset Ramblers Harescramble! East Coasters - REPRESENT!

I know, 3 hours to either, I don't know where to go and watch.

Chevy200s
02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
I have an extra front wheel/tire that I'm thinking of studding for this, is there any trick to it or anything I should know about doing it? I also have a set of 18's I might see if I can get studded by then as well, figured I might as well attempt to keep up with everyone else haha

evand
02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
well just fond out the z needs crank bearings, so count me out

wish i could make it

evan

Tri-ZNate
02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
If you have them those days i'll be there. Finally someone made a ride when i have the entire weekend off :lol:

JohnR.
02-06-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm going to do my best to make it up there Sunday morning. It's my wife's b-day on Saturday so I'm stuck home for that day. I have a couple of small bits of advice for anyone who's planning on studding tires.

1. Do not just stud the rear tires, you will be completely unable to turn at all.

2. If you plan on riding on the ice you need some studs. Even a couple dozen really short ones (that won't even puncture) in each tire will be enough that you can cruise the lake enjoyably and SAFELY. Not being able to stop on the bare ice is dangerous when you have 5 other people around you that can.

3. When you stud a set of tires, fill them as high as you're comfortable with going (25-35psi), then put in the studs, then lower the air pressure. That will help hold the studs in.

Its possibly that there will be some snow on the rest of the lake besides the track and if that's the case then you can ride without studs but even then, studs are invaluable when you dig through the layer of snow and into the ice.

John

Meat-BoX
02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Just ordered my studs. All I need now is some 18" Tires. I got my eye on some but they arent cheap. Im way over budget so I better get to ride or I will cry:lol:
I always cut it close and this will be no different. :naughty:
A big thx to John for the info and help. :w00t:

scooterroo
02-06-2008, 08:21 PM
wish i could make it out guys, but wont be able to. damn wish the lakes here would freeze enough. been getting 40 degree temps and rain though. lake george has no ice, sacandaga is frozen though. only got one weekend in on the ice and at that it was wet...

freaksfix
02-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Big Freak has a plow on his Big Red for cleaning the track. Looks like we will be leaving early sat morn and leaving sat night, we both have to work sunday morn. Might be dringing a few guys on quads too..

Bryan Raffa
02-06-2008, 10:25 PM
sounds good everyone

so far..
-chris200x.. you will be fine with that loud SOB..I need a good camera guy!Call gazoo and Huffa!
-wheeliepop..apperantly brapp has plans for you at motoramma..??? Grab chris and come up!
johnR
chrisD
chevy200s
Klondike1020
Meatbox..Git R Done!
thefox..you welcome..just show up..
Big Freak..no need for the plow
Freak..Git it Raggg..just for the day is Cool..

the ice has a water on it from the rain..but has switched to freezeing rain snow..and is freezeing allready

Tri-ZNate
02-06-2008, 10:28 PM
-wheeliepop..apperantly brapp has plans for you at motoramma..??? Grab chris and come up!

maybe I should call him :wondering.

chris200x
Man it's gonna be close to 60 here the next few days. couple inches of rain so far... my driveway is like a mudbog! :w00t:

Nate.. I'll throw ya some gas money for the trip up and back. Can you put up with me that long in a vehicle? :wondering

freaksfix
do I stud up the drag bike too, ice drags??:beer

Tri-ZNate
02-06-2008, 10:32 PM

ATC90 with the heart of a beast? Yes Please!

Bryan Raffa
02-06-2008, 10:34 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: If you want..wonder what that bad boy would do on flat ground..:naughty: Probably alot easer to hang on too than haspin..:lol: just might go strait too...

Tri-ZNate
02-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Man it's gonna be close to 60 here the next few days. couple inches of rain so far... my driveway is like a mudbog! :w00t:

Nate.. I'll throw ya some gas money for the trip up and back. Can you put up with me that long in a vehicle? :wondering

Chris if you can get to josh's (i can help) all 4 of us will head up. lemme know

Bryan Raffa
02-06-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm getting tires tomorrow for my truck so there really isnt any reason why i couldnt. well it isnt inspected (where's the little face whistling icon?)

throw a 3ww sicker over the inspection..hopefully you will see the same statey Deepa met...:lol:

Guess Ill finnish up the 300R now....and git the ol farmboy going.....:lol:

chris200x
02-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey raffa, should I bring a turkey or two? :rolleyes: LMMFAO!!!!
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/brappsride007.jpg

Nate.. we'll keep in touch. This is not the coming weekend its the one after that? correct?

Maybe I can throw a few studs in those pro wedges I got. :wondering I gotta see tomorrow if that old 84r front rim will fit the front of my ride. Its about 50-60% thread so I dont mind putting holes in it. :)

Tri-ZNate
02-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey raffa, should I bring a turkey or two? :rolleyes: LMMFAO!!!!

Nate.. we'll keep in touch. This is not the coming weekend its the one after that? correct?

Maybe I can throw a few studs in those pro wedges I got. :wondering I gotta see tomorrow if that old 84r front rim will fit the front of my ride. Its about 50-60% thread so I dont mind putting holes in it. :)

Chris if you can get to josh's (i can help) all 4 of us will head up. lemme know

tri-Z ripper
02-06-2008, 10:50 PM
raffa i would like to come up if u still got space as well as the extra set of studs for the z i have some tires to experiment on! but if not i can bring the 200X and tool around!

Bryan Raffa
02-06-2008, 10:56 PM
chris I have a front tire W/ rim you can stud!! dont stud the wedges..see if brapp has some baldies..there was a few sets laying around the flattrack

nate I picked up a polaris front tire I can stud..and mount it on the free rim I got from trizpilot plus I have rears allready studded on rims for Z hubs.. so you have a complete set..;)
IS YOUR REAR END STILL SHOT? Ill let ripper run them tire's if your not gonna bring yours..and I have not heard anything from MIK6.. if he dont come you can ride the 86 clone..you and fox can take turns...

Tri-ZNate
02-06-2008, 11:10 PM
IS YOUR REAR END STILL SHOT?
Havent had time to play with the Z since the ride. Picking up a new chain tomorrow and a set of bearings. We'll git it. maybe I'll borrow a brapp bike

hey i have a set of shredders here I'm gonna stud and stud the bald front tire. I need a new one anyway. I figure this will be the last ride before its torn down.

Bryan Raffa
02-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Havent had time to play with the Z since the ride. Picking up a new chain tomorrow and a set of bearings. We'll git it. maybe I'll borrow a brapp bike

hey i have a set of shredders here I'm gonna stud and stud the bald front tire. I need a new one anyway. I figure this will be the last ride before its torn down.

OK so Ripper you got a set of tire's if ya wanna come up..;)

Russell 350X
02-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Got you PM Raffa, can't make it dude, I'm doing a harescramble in OH the 17th. Mabey next :beer

thefox
02-06-2008, 11:40 PM
I’m not sure if I am going or not, if I can pick up enough hours at work next week I should be good. Are you thinking racing Sunday and Monday? I have a friend at Houghton College so I will stay there if I end up going.

Meat-BoX
02-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Im looking to Buy new Titan Fast Trekker ATV Rear Tires 18-11-10
I bought the studs from Dennis Kirk but they didnt have the Tires. No one seems to, that I trust online. I need to find a deal on a set of these and Fast. I just realized thats this event is Next weekend and im worried.
I need to buy these Tires today and get them by the middle of next week in order to get ready. Wheres the place to get em, I cant find the damn 18's anywhere. Im gonna call the dealer and see what they can do. But that will cost me I think. Dont want to stud my 20's as it would be a waste of good summer tires, and not as good as 18's for the Ice.
Man this is gonna be close.

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2008, 07:46 AM
pm 3leggeddog or derrick they run them ..I forgot where they get them .. but there the ones with the name buffed off the side...cheep to if I remember right..

did a search and BAM!..
[QUOTE=jsimonh;381431]HEY, that's my second roller I bought:lol: .

Those are Fast Trekkers 18-11-10's and the Z in my signature has Trekkers that are 20-10-8's. Look up Nebraska Tire, they sell blemished and overstocked tires for 37.50 each with free shipping. That's where I got the ones for the Z.[quote]

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2008, 07:55 AM
there they are $40 free shipping! you have NO more excuses..go git em!!:lol: ;)

http://www.nebraskatire.com/hot_deals/atv/atv_hot_deals.htm

post up that picture of your bike at TF,, would ya:naughty:

Meat-BoX
02-07-2008, 08:28 AM
(Cosmetically Blemished Tire)
What does that entail?
I got the card in hand and im going in.:beer
Wish me luck:naughty:

You know, my Trike is gonna be so Not Dialed in.:(
With zero ride time.
Bring some cameras so you all can say you saw it run and thats its done.:eek:

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2008, 08:34 AM
(Cosmetically Blemished Tire)
What does that entail?
I got the card in hand and im going in.:beer
Wish me luck:naughty:

You know, my Trike is gonna be so Not Dialed in.:(
With zero ride time.
Bring some cameras so you all can say you saw it run and thats its done.:eek:

just blems in the Tred thats all! you probley wont even notice.. bring some jets and a few plugs we'll get it dialed in!!!

chris200x
02-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey gary,, you said you got 1000 screws. Where'd ya git them and how much? I'm trying to justify buying these things that I'll probably only ever use once. lol

I finally got those beadlocks I was talking about a few weeks ago. they got some worn out old holshots on them... can I just stud them? What's best for something like that... the longer or the shorter screws?

When I was up at the parts place yesterday getting a kreem kit I inquired about ice studs and they guy looked at me like I smoke crack! lol. guys are still fishing from their boats around here.lol

Meat-BoX
02-07-2008, 09:03 AM
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

They are worth it if you keep a set of tires just for the Ice. Thats what im gonna do. They have been racing for weeks about 30 minutes north of me, and its not to hard to find a small lake or pond to ride on. Its a good way to get some riding in over the winter. Its been awhile and every year I say im gonna do it. This is the year.:w00t:
I'll bring some stuff and we shall see what happens.

Meat-BoX
02-07-2008, 11:18 AM
This Nebraska Tire wont take my card for some reason. This is suckin.

Meat-BoX
02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Heres two pics from T.F. 06 that prove she once was together. As soon as I got home I noticed half the nuts and Bolts had rattled off. It took a week to get all the mud out. It still sits in my driveway today. No bull.:eek:
Face to Face with a Red one and Garage Boy getting the Holeshot in the MX race.

Tri-ZNate
02-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey gary,, you said you got 1000 screws. Where'd ya git them and how much? I'm trying to justify buying these things that I'll probably only ever use once. lol

I finally got those beadlocks I was talking about a few weeks ago. they got some worn out old holshots on them... can I just stud them? What's best for something like that... the longer or the shorter screws?

When I was up at the parts place yesterday getting a kreem kit I inquired about ice studs and they guy looked at me like I smoke crack! lol. guys are still fishing from their boats around here.lol

I'm grabing 1000 tomorrow, dont worry about buying them

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2008, 10:18 PM
try calling them Gary.. have them take it over the phone..is all I can think of..

chris..if the rims have some tred on them ...bring them and the rims.. Ill mount them and stud them.. I have the perfict screws for you..a hole coffie can..of these cheepo's 1' long..

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm grabing 1000 tomorrow, dont worry about buying them

your going to need 1000 yourself.. you may have a hand full left over..at least you will have spares if you spit a few..

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2008, 10:23 PM
raffa i would like to come up if u still got space as well as the extra set of studs for the z i have some tires to experiment on! but if not i can bring the 200X and tool around!

Ripper you In? I have a full set of tires..for a tri-z..

Chevy200s
02-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I guess I can get 250 studs from Hollinks for about $20 so I'm gonna try and get them on my tires tomorrow, do you guys think that will be enough for traction? For rears I have a set of 18 turf tamers or something like that, figured I would just go about 4 studs wide every inch, does that sound like it will work? EDIT, just read that with a 1000 its barely enough, hmmm I might see what else i can do.

Also, if its alright with you Bryan and it wont be too many people, Klondike1020's brother Nick was hoping to come on a 200s, just to cruise around on is that cool? Definitly lookin forward to a "mini trikefest" on the lake sounds like its gonna be a blast

chris200x
02-07-2008, 10:39 PM
1000 studs?!?! :eek: :crazy: I guess I'll fish and take the pics. lol

Wheeleipop.. I missed brapp's call today. If you guys head down on thursday I can probly just head up with yous. I'll have pop pick me up at joshes upon our return :cool: You guys can bring the lakota for butch down too! :idea: :naughty: :welcome: lol (I mean that quadrunner) if josh is done with it.

let me know.

Raffaman.. how big is the lake?

edit: Oops.. I missed the coffe can post! SOunds good to me!

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
chevy.. last time I was at hollink there was 2 boxes of 250 on the wall..
I just picked up a extra 250 1" over at perry..he couldn't read the price tag they were so dusty..so I got them for $10..Nick is cool ,you guys are comeing for the day anyways ..:beer

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2008, 10:52 PM
1000 studs?!?! :eek: :crazy: I guess I'll fish and take the pics. lol

Raffaman.. how big is the lake?

7 miles long..and I stay away from the south end.. because its the inlet..

I got plenty of screws for you..there not ice screw's But you will Hook up great! I get :pics: of the screw's when I get a chance..

ChrisD
02-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I'll bring an extra set of 18" studded cheng shins for the 4 - 110 honda pattern.

Russell 350X
02-08-2008, 02:47 AM
Well I may be in on this now, seeing as how the harescramble got cancelled, if I go does anyone have a extra set of studded tires I could borrow?

Meat-BoX
02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I called and got the run around. The guy never called me back. I will try again.

brapp
02-08-2008, 02:11 PM
i gues swheeliepop and chris and i willbe comign i am gonan go down to jmb supply and get soem sheet metal screws thier liek 3 bux for 100 so coincider it done lol

chris200x
02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Josh you have to give me a call dude. I need to know what days.

Looks like I'll be needing a 350x petcock before this ride rolls around too.:rolleyes: :banned:

Chevy200s
02-08-2008, 03:00 PM
get soem sheet metal screws thier liek 3 bux for 100 so coincider it done lol

thats a great idea man, I think I'm gonna go to a supply place and pick up a few hundred as well. I mean if I was riding these quite a bit and really racing they probably wouldnt hold up, but theres a good chance this is the only time this year I'll be ridin on ice so why not.

Bryan Raffa
02-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I got these... the one's I was talkin about..

tri-Z ripper
02-08-2008, 07:36 PM
most likely gonna make it up just gotta get an exhaust gasket and chain and im in going to the shop tomorrow to order it so hopefully have it before next weekend also going to drive to west virginia hopefully to go pick up r nutt 350X for my brother in law if i get ahold of him!!

Bryan Raffa
02-08-2008, 07:48 PM
sounds good Ill be wrenchin my butt off this weekend too get a Jeep,big red,350x,suz quad all fixed and out of my driveway..
Ill be on the Ice too fishing..Ill get some pics of thickness and conditions.. going into the TEEN'S sunday!!!:w00t:

brapp
02-08-2008, 08:43 PM
keep me posted and do you think 610 screws ought tto be enough?

chris200x
02-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm not riding behind you!

that's about what thread those tires I got have... do they have to be slimed as well?

ChrisD
02-08-2008, 09:39 PM
This is what I'm bringing....

http://home.comcast.net/~atc330rrider/images/tires.jpg

I will also bring some snowmobile studs (not spikes). These studs are not Kold Kutter sharp, but are better than sheet metal screws if anyone needs them. I should have 250-500 studs.

chris200x
02-08-2008, 09:45 PM
I cant see your pic chris (just a box with a red x in it)

This may sound dumb.. but how many days in advance will you know for sure Raffa if the ice will be good to go before this ride? does that make sense to anyone? If it warms up we can always invade josh's land again. BOY that was fun!

Oh.. this is gonna be just riding on the lake? no where else to ride around the house Mr. raffa?

jason85atc250r
02-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Josh you have to give me a call dude. I need to know what days.

Looks like I'll be needing a 350x petcock before this ride rolls around too.:rolleyes: :banned:

a 300ex one will work in a 350x chris. but since they have that plastic knob to turn ot off it looks kindof dumb. i did it to the original 85 i got and traded chassis to brapp,

chris200x
02-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up Jay.

I never took the petcock off when I kreemed the tank a few days ago. the acid melted the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* outta all the rubber gaskets and screens. lol:lol: :banned:

I'll know better next time to plug the holes with a rubber cork.

Bryan Raffa
02-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I cant see your pic chris (just a box with a red x in it)

This may sound dumb.. but how many days in advance will you know for sure Raffa if the ice will be good to go before this ride? does that make sense to anyone? If it warms up we can always invade josh's land again. BOY that was fun!

Oh.. this is gonna be just riding on the lake? no where else to ride around the house Mr. raffa?

no where else to ride around my house Hence a ICE only ride..sorry.most guys are bringing ice only bikes..I will check the ice every day for the next week trust me.. I will be out there tomorrow ice fishing and probley go for a spin..but not too mutch rideing.. as I have alot too do to prepair for you guys so I will have a positive answer say by thursday night friday morning..low's in the 20's all week and in the teens sunday..so its makeing ice for shure

chris200x
02-08-2008, 10:01 PM
One more question then I'll leave you alone.. lol. I'd like to get a bit of fishing in.. I really dont have too much ice equipment cause it aint really a big thing around here. Can I just use a regular pole? and do I need to worry about having a license?

brapp
02-08-2008, 10:05 PM
its alright chris i have a few spare tip ups if you sprign for bait and i think i have an extra jiggin pole

Bryan Raffa
02-08-2008, 10:06 PM
you would probley have to go to walmart and get a 2day out of state lic..I have some extra tip ups

brapp
02-08-2008, 10:10 PM
hey raffa how much is the license? and how do the walleyes bite at night/

Bryan Raffa
02-08-2008, 10:11 PM
please copy and paste your name in if your coming for shure and on what day you will be here and if your spending the night ..everyone will need to bring your pillow and blanket..I need to figure where I'm putting everyone..

chris200x
02-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I dont know for sure.. It's upto josh and nate. I'm taggin along with them. I wouldn't mind staying the whole weekend tho.

Those outta state licenses where only a few bucks If I remeber correctly. (we used to get them for the salmon run in pulaski.) I think its like $7 or $12 only...

Bryan Raffa
02-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I dont know for sure.. It's upto josh and nate. I'm taggin along with them. I wouldn't mind staying the whole weekend tho.

Those outta state licenses where only a few bucks If I remeber correctly. (we used to get them for the salmon run in pulaski.) I think its like $7 or $12 only...

ya there cheep found this for you..

2 inches one person on foot
3 inches group in single file
7.5 inches one car (2 tons)
8 inches light truck (2.5 tons)
10 inches truck (3.5 tons)
12 inches heavy truck (7-8 tons)
15 inches 10 tons
20 inches 25 tons

Bryan Raffa
02-08-2008, 10:23 PM
hey raffa how much is the license? and how do the walleyes bite at night/

there 25 bucks i think for a 7 day.. havent been out deep yet for walleye .. I have a few set up for the deep water.we can try

Bryan Raffa
02-09-2008, 09:04 AM
this is who I got so far..

chris200x
wheelie pop
Brapp&jess& the baby;)
john R ..sunday
chris D ..who is the only one who get's a heated and locked shed:lol:
chevy200s
klondike1020 --what day you guys comeing down?
Nick
Meatbox
The Freaks..:D
trizRipper.. what day you comeing?
350xinNY&wife
Jack & johnny and rodger
2 trophey Girl's:naughty:

it looks like 8 will stay the weekend ..and the house is full:lock: probley could squeze a few on the floor..
....and Roosty over the hill..who is MIA..Bruce CALL HIM!
heading out on the lake soon to do some drilling..and just saw the temps for next friday..in the 20's and low in the teens..:D lookin like I hit the nail on the head for this one.

just talked to Jack on the phone he also offerd to put up a couple people at his house...and is gonna get some fire wood too keep you azz's warm!;)

just talked too Mik6 and will be in contact with him later in the week..

chris200x
02-09-2008, 09:44 AM
ya there cheep found this for you..

15 inches 10 tons
20 inches 25 tons

Where on your list does it say how many inches is safe for one fat drunk guy on a 350x? :wondering :postwhore I'm sure if there's a weak spot in the ice anywhere I'll be the guy to find it! :lol:

Hey Bryan,, do you need any of us guys to bring anything in particulair? food or drink wise that is?

Lookin forward to meeting some of these guys I havent rode with yet! :w00t:

Bryan Raffa
02-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Where on your list does it say how many inches is safe for one fat drunk guy on a 350x? :wondering :postwhore I'm sure if there's a weak spot in the ice anywhere I'll be the guy to find it! :lol:

Hey Bryan,, do you need any of us guys to bring anything in particulair? food or drink wise that is?

Lookin forward to meeting some of these guys I havent rode with yet! :w00t:

pillows and blankets.. and your drinks..snacks..;)
at the bottom it does mention it...

15 inches 10 tons
20 inches 25 tons
A fat guy on a 350X should not venture off by himself even at 25"

Bryan Raffa
02-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Saturday .
breakfast..dunkin donuts,coffee,ect
lunch..chili and venison on the grill.. homemade soup
dinner.. Ham and turkey and all the fixings!

sunday...
breakfast..pancakes,bacon or sausage,coffee
lunch.. leftovers from Saturday
dinner.. homemade spaghetti & sauce and fixings! Italian Bread..

if you guys can throw in some coin when ya get here,,like $15 Bj will do all the shopping and get everything..all your meals will be supplied
She will be making baked goods all week..cookies,banna bread..ect.
BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS
the more you eat the slower you will be on the ice..:lol:

Dont for get to bring fuel for your bikes.. there is a station with in 5 min if needed..

tri-Z ripper
02-09-2008, 10:45 AM
well if everything works out i will leave friday night or early morning it is a 6 hour drive which is nothing to me to come meet everybody and ride some ice what time you plan on riding and i will plan appropriately! ps name is Shane

Bryan Raffa
02-09-2008, 10:53 AM
well if everything works out i will leave friday night or early morning it is a 6 hour drive which is nothing to me to come meet everybody and ride some ice what time you plan on riding and i will plan appropriately! ps name is Shane

we will be on and off the ice for 48 hours.. no rideing after dark..so the sooner the better..any one comeing in friday night will have to fend for themselves for dinner..grab something on the way

shane I threw a really nice front tire for you together..Ill get it studded this weekend..you will HOOK really good

Meat-BoX
02-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Well I got the tires ordered yesterday, they blew me off the day before. 3-5 business days to ship. It looks like its gonna be real close for me. Still got to get that shock on and do these tires. Im trying hard. Hoping to get everything done this weekend and ride her. Waiting on studs,tires and the rear shock. I hope to at least start her and take her for a spin up the road and back before those parts come.
I have a stock 34 mm carb on the tecate. I know nothing about Jetting, so hopefully someone will help me out. I hope I can make this event. Might have to stud the Tires at Raffas.
Raffa, hows the security setup there? With all our rides around, its gonna bring attention.
Also, who's doing the video and pics? I want to see some good video on the net. Its been awhile since any good long 3 wheeler videos have been put on the net.:beer

Chevy200s
02-09-2008, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=Bryan Raffa;589610]
chevy200s
klondike1020 --what day you guys comeing down?

it looks like 8 will stay the weekend ..and the house is full:lock: probley could squeze a few on the floor..
[QUOTE]

i was thinking get there saturday leave sunday if its possible for us to take up some floor space that would be cool, if not I can sleep in the truck or just make it a one day thing. I mean I dont mind sleeping on the floor so long as I'm not in the way. $15 for food sounds good, should be picking up my screws today so things should be all set for me, just let me know if its cool to take up some floor space thanks man

edit just saw the thing about bringing firewood to keep warm, we got a bunch if you want we can bring some with us dont mind at all just let me know

ChrisD
02-09-2008, 12:50 PM
this is who I got so far..

chris200x
wheelie pop
Brapp&jess& the baby
john R ..sunday
chris D ..who is the only one who get's a heated and locked shed

I would hate for my bike to get a cold :lol: :lol:

Bryan Raffa
02-09-2008, 02:39 PM
I know...for heaven sakes....:lol: :lol:

good security around here trust me:)

brapp
02-09-2008, 02:40 PM
hey raffa if ya want i can throw a coupme bundle sint he truck and willther ebee room for a 38 foot truck trailer combo?

Bryan Raffa
02-09-2008, 02:46 PM
up on the main road off on the side there is..but you have to make shure your off the road...

yes on the wood

evand
02-09-2008, 03:05 PM
well im going to look at another z today so i mihgt make it.

tri-ripper. you going up with a trailer or a truck? got room for one more? i got a car now and not sure if i can get a truck for the weekend. Ill help with the gas and what not.

tri-Z ripper
02-09-2008, 06:03 PM
evand going up with a truck i do have room for 2 i was gonna bring my 200X as back up just in case but if you have a good running trike to bring i may pick ya up where are you in mass?

the great gazoo
02-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh maaaan, I just started a new job, & I'm prob'ly gonna be in school many Saturdays from now on:( , I'd love to at LEAST come out & be cam dude, my foot's still not 100% right. Have a great time, guys, & take lots of pics! TGG's bumming heavy............................:lock: I wanna see some PICS, Chris.

chris200x
02-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh maaaan, I just started a new job, & I'm prob'ly gonna be in school many Saturdays from now on:( , I'd love to at LEAST come out & be cam dude, my foot's still not 100% right. Have a great time, guys, & take lots of pics! TGG's bumming heavy............................:lock: I wanna see some PICS, Chris.

heh.. my camera is floating around somewhere in the Carribean with my folks... :eek: (I was a dumb ass and let them borrow it) oh well... I dont even know If I going yet? That's upto josh and nate. lol :confused:

I would need to be picked up.. I can git a ride back from your house Josh. you guys gotta let me know. (the sooner the better) I need to make arrangements for someone to watch my son. ;)

Russell 350X
02-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I got to drive back home from Cleveland friday night, then I'd be leaving early saturday morning., and thats a 2hr drive. Does anyone have any studded tires I could borrow? All I got are my Sur-tracks, and they don't do so good on ice.

ChrisD
02-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I will be bringing an extra set of fully studded cheng shins you can use. They will bolt right onto the 350X.

Bryan Raffa
02-09-2008, 10:18 PM
got some tires switched around and the bikes washed up..Oh and nate I did a load of laundry and something was in the bottom,,,HEY thanks..I had forgot about that oil cap!!go's good with the bling,,:naughty:

Meat-BoX
02-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Well shes pretty much done.:beer :w00t:
Worked all day on her. Stopped at the dealer and they dont stock Klotz anymore so I need to find some fast. Couldnt ride her. We cut 2 1/4" off of the dog bone and rewelded it. Its low, but now im wondering if there such a thing as too low. That new 300EX Rear shock didnt stiffen up as much as I would have liked, but it shure works great. Dropped the front end 2 1/2". Didnt have the rear Fender and seat ther. Wish I brought it to see how it would look. Forgot the Cal-Fab stickers alas.:crazy:
Anyways all i need now are the tires, studs, Klotz and gas and I hope the tires show up before friday.
Oh yea I actually have :pics: to prove that progress has finally been made and we may call this 14 year build DONE:beer

Bryan Raffa
02-09-2008, 11:36 PM
sweet... that sits nice..:naughty: I can tell how the swing arm sits.. congratulation Gary..now polish that bad boy up wile your waiting.. there calling for 9 degrees tomorrow nite..

Meat-BoX
02-09-2008, 11:45 PM
111 miles to your place. Take me about 1.5 hours to get there. Gonna look even better with the 18s on her. Hope I make it. Need them tires and time to stud them. :rolleyes:

Bryan Raffa
02-09-2008, 11:49 PM
mine cleaned up nice today:Bounce

tri-Z ripper
02-10-2008, 12:48 AM
those trikes look sweet raffa cant wait to see them in person!!! gonna make mine look bad!

Russell 350X
02-10-2008, 01:09 AM
I will be bringing an extra set of fully studded cheng shins you can use. They will bolt right onto the 350X.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it:TrikesOwn :TrikesOwn

As its looking now, I will be going, so mark me down. As far as I know I'm the only one going from this area. I'm down with sleeping anywhere, just hope theres enough floor room :beer

JohnR.
02-10-2008, 01:16 AM
No room for mine in the shed? I'm not comin' then!! :lol:

I'm just fooling around, if there's room for mine in there, great and if not, then I'll chain it up in the bed of the truck and toss a tarp over it. Maybe I'll just break down and load the enclosed trailer up with the trikes and be done with it.

I'm still scheming on how I'll get the wife to agree to me leaving the day after her b-day. I'll have to buy her some good stuff for Valentine's Day. I've already got a Sirius set up for her car on its way for her b-day. :D

I'm going to check the attic of the shed in the next day or two to see if the extra set of 20's I have are on rims or not. If they are then there'll be an extra set of Honda wheels (4x110mm bolt pattern) to throw into the mix. I'll keep everyone posted on that.

John

chris200x
02-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Josh and gazoo.. I missed you calls again today. went out drinkin lol.

WOW.. I just pulled two people outta a rolled over car on my way home tonight!!! scary *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* man... and my hearts still poundin!!!

It got cold.. and all the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* froze on the roads. glad I'm home!

Chris I got your PM. I'lll let you know as soon as these jugheads figure out wtf their doing. lol

Anyone have a spare 350x petcock I can borrow for the day? :rolleyes:

It's been two freakin days now (almost) and that kreem stuff still aint dried inside the tank. I',m starting to become worried. LOL..

Bryan Raffa
02-10-2008, 09:21 AM
you got that tank inside? where its warm..? the cold might be not letting it dry?

Ripper I was was up late last night for ya..

My shed is only 8x8 so only one bike will fit .. the rest of the bikes will be parked down on the lake side or behind the cars in the driveway.. they will not be able to leave.. we can rotate bikes in the shed to thaw if needed..I take that back I can fit two in there;)

The ice shifted east yesterday and created a gap about 8' at the shore.. it has now froze solid again overnight..:D

Bryan Raffa
02-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Josh and gazoo.. I missed you calls again today. went out drinkin lol.

WOW.. I just pulled two people outta a rolled over car on my way home tonight!!! scary *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* man... and my hearts still poundin!!!

It got cold.. and all the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* froze on the roads. glad I'm home!

Chris I got your PM. I'lll let you know as soon as these jugheads figure out wtf their doing. lol

Anyone have a spare 350x petcock I can borrow for the day? :rolleyes:

It's been two freakin days now (almost) and that kreem stuff still aint dried inside the tank. I',m starting to become worried. LOL..

freakin JUGHEAD'S..............:lol: :lol: Chris you can use the one off my 200X tank.. But I want it back before you leave..and if you get a chance get my vice grips back from huffa..he has to have them restored back to OEM by NOW:lol: He may have them holding His cape on:naughty: :idea:

chris200x
02-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Raffaman.. I may take you up on that offer (200x petcock)... I got the hair dryer set up drying the remaineder of the tank out. THis is my first time using this stuff (kreem) I hope it holds.. After it dries I'll see if this petcock leaks and let you know for sure.

I have not eard much from Mr. huufa lately... I know he picked up a schweet dirtbike not long ago.. maybe he's hangin out over on thumpertalk.

ChrisD. If your definintly passing this way and it aint too much trouble. Maybe I should just head up with you. (do you have room in your truck for my trike?)

This way I can save nate and josh a trip down here to pick my sorry ass up.

The dude that I helped last night after he rolled his car gave me a hundred dollar bill for helping and hangin out until the cops and ambulance got there!:crazy: :w00t: :Bounce (gotta love living near a high class country club! lol) So I have extra gas money for anyone thats gonna haul me around! :rolleyes:

Bryan Raffa
02-10-2008, 03:13 PM
good things come to those that helps..hold on to that $100 you might need it too get me to pull you out of the lake when you fall through...ROTFLMAO...:lol:

tri-Z ripper
02-10-2008, 04:05 PM
too funny raffa! thanks for putting the effort in for me much appreciated!! chris200X good stuff man what you did last night been in similar situations myself had a deaf guy drive off the road and i happen to be riding home on my mtn bike at midnight from a girls house:naughty: i saw headlights down in a ditch when i looked the guy was hanging out of the car trying to get out i told him dont move he came out and fell down and started having a seizure in front of me so i held his head till he stopped then ran to the nearest house and had them call 911 and stayed with the guy till the police and ambulance showed up no reward but certinaly helped the person out! never enven got his name!! sorry to ramble just had to share the story as well!!:beer

freaksfix
02-10-2008, 06:21 PM
raffa,, what time you want us there sat morn? its gonna be me, my bro and two dudes on quads... i may round up some more peeps by then who nows, we'll be leaving sat night sometime.. what lake you live on?

brapp
02-10-2008, 08:17 PM
hey chris i willbe comin down with jessy's s10 to pick ya up friday and wellhea dup sat mornoing early! well git it done!

chris200x
02-10-2008, 08:26 PM
hey chris i willbe comin down with jessy's s10 to pick ya up friday and wellhea dup sat mornoing early! well git it done!

You need to give me a call dude. Chris offered to pick me up on his way past here. I gotta figure something out. (dont care who I go with as long as I go! lol)

No need to be apologizing tri z ripper dude... cool story!

ChrisD
02-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey guys

That works better for me too. I would hate to leave someone behind that wanted to go, but that would add another hour to my trip up. If you can pick Chris up, that is great. I look forward to meeting everyone!:beer

ChrisD
02-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Just curious how many of each manufacturer will be there?

We know that our host will be riding a Yamaha
I will be riding a Honda 250R

who else on what bike? Any more Tecates in the mix? Meat-Box you have to show! You're the only Tecate known so far.....

I'm hearing an old school three way shootout!!!:w00t:

Bryan Raffa
02-10-2008, 11:25 PM
raffa,, what time you want us there sat morn? its gonna be me, my bro and two dudes on quads... i may round up some more peeps by then who nows, we'll be leaving sat night sometime.. what lake you live on?

any time saterday Bro!! Conesus 5671 sutton pnt n 14435 RT 256!

Wow it's Cold out with high wind's keeping the majority of the snow off the ice..when you guys get here..Get with me and we will unload ya and get you parked if your staying..most will be up off the shoulder of the main road..I have 4 spots down below but must park tight!. if you have a big trailer I ask you to unload and park down the road a little bit to the north, there is a boat sitting there and has a bigger area for a few larger veichels...
PM me and I will give you my home number so you have it and give me a call if needed..:D

L@@KIN Like I picked the Coldest week this winter so far!!..642 AM..and its 5 Degrees
just look at the temps this week
mon
16°F -8°C
11°F -11°C
tue
22°F -5°C
21°F -6°C
wed
24°F -4°C
16°F -8°C
thur
26°F -3°C
22°F -5°C
fri
29°F -1°C
23°F -5°C
sat
26°F -3°C
23°F -5°C

Meat-BoX
02-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Hey John, Can you throw out the stud pattern needed for the Fast Trackers. It looks like I will get the tires around friday so I need to get the Tires swapped onto the rims and stud them properly.

chris200x
02-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Just curious how many of each manufacturer will be there?

We know that our host will be riding a Yamaha
I will be riding a Honda 250R

who else on what bike? Any more Tecates in the mix? Meat-Box you have to show! You're the only Tecate known so far.....

I'm hearing an old school three way shootout!!!:w00t:

You know I was just thinking about this myself. this will be the first ride I will be at that there is a running tecate. I've only ever seen one other one (an 86 that member Denn has parked in his garage:drool: )... should make for a few intresting pics of a Z, R, and tec 3 sideways on the ice! :naughty:

Maybe If I'm a good boy Gary will let me take that badboy for a spin.. :naughty: I gotta find out what all the hype is about! :welcome:

Raffaman,, how long does it take to stud a full set of tires? I'm thinkin I should just do like Josh did and go pick up a bagful of screws at the hardware store and do this myself (can't be that hard right?) This way we wont have to waste time studding these holeshots I got when I arrive.

I hope I dont piss anyone off with that loudass exhaust I got on my trike. :crazy:

scrawny
02-11-2008, 11:02 AM
cant wait to see pics guys!!

JohnR.
02-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey John, Can you throw out the stud pattern needed for the Fast Trackers. It looks like I will get the tires around friday so I need to get the Tires swapped onto the rims and stud them properly.

I'll get out to the shed today and take a picture of the way I have mine done. I'm not claiming it is the best or the only way to do them, it's just the way I have mine done. If I forget, please don't hesitate to remind me.

John

brapp
02-11-2008, 12:56 PM
i just stagered mine in a patern that looked liek it woudl hook and not roll the studds out, and chris the box of screwws for 1,000 was just under 18 bux with my accountwell get ya studded up chris and i hope you arent countign on the air cooler front rim its diffrent bolt patern much bigger

chris200x
02-11-2008, 01:01 PM
i just stagered mine in a patern that looked liek it woudl hook and not roll the studds out, and chris the box of screwws for 1,000 was just under 18 bux with my accountwell get ya studded up chris and i hope you arent countign on the air cooler front rim its diffrent bolt patern much bigger

LOL.. I would've found out in about 10 minutes when I headed out to the garage. Gotta wait for it to warm out out there. :eek: not sure what ill do now. I guess I can have that old tire mounted on the 85-6 R rim I have here. but I dont wanna be puttin holes in that new front max thats on there now.

I got a bunch of 8x3/4 self tapping screws (about 20 bucks worth) I'm putting on those beadlocks now.

edit.. forgot Raffa said he had a front. oops.

JohnR.
02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Here's some pics of the Trekkers on my Tecate:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/atc330r/DSCF4069.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/atc330r/DSCF4068.jpg

You might want to stud all the way around the outside lip of the center lugs instead of just the center like I did. I wanted a quick job and didn't have a lot of studs left.

I also checked out the two studded 20" Cheng Shins in the shed's attic since I wasn't sure if they were on rims or not. It appears that they are mounted and ready to go on Honda bolt pattern rims (4x110mm). I'll bring them along in case someone needs them.

John

brapp
02-11-2008, 03:12 PM
hey chris if you got a tire i have a nice rim.

Tri-ZNate
02-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh and nate I did a load of laundry and something was in the bottom,,,HEY thanks..I had forgot about that oil cap!!go's good with the bling,,:naughty:

I dont even remember it lol. As long as my Z has one idc :beer

Chris give Josh a call at home, he is always there :lol:

Should be a fun little icecapade, and being as we had -14* wind chills last night something should have froze in NY

JohnR.
02-11-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm 100% in now. I'll see you all Sunday morning, its a long ride and I'm gonna have to head up there early but I plan to be there by 9am.

John

Bryan Raffa
02-11-2008, 06:45 PM
LOL.. I would've found out in about 10 minutes when I headed out to the garage. Gotta wait for it to warm out out there. :eek: not sure what ill do now. I guess I can have that old tire mounted on the 85-6 R rim I have here. but I dont wanna be puttin holes in that new front max thats on there now.

I got a bunch of 8x3/4 self tapping screws (about 20 bucks worth) I'm putting on those beadlocks now.

edit.. forgot Raffa said he had a front. oops.

I have a extra 200x rim and tire Chris!

tri-Z ripper
02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
bringing my X along as well might have a friend but mostly likely not hell just a back up machine!!!

chris200x
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Good. I'm all set then. My petcock seems to be holding as well. I just replaced the rubber gaskets. Got the tires and rims all studded & mounted up. I'm ready to go! :Bounce heck. I'm even packed already! Just gotta stop for lots of beer. :naughty:

I've heard the 200x and 350x petcocks are diffrent. So I woulda been SOL if It werent for jason mentioning it earieler. (thanks bud!)

HEy Nate.. check this *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* out... Happened yesterday.. I was watching it out my front window! LOL they dont say it on the website.. but there was a total of 81 cars and trucks involved in thqat one. people need to learn how to drive. lol

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=7851140

JohnR.
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
I'll try to hit up the shed again and see if I've got an extra tire mounted on a 85-86 250R/350X rim. I'm deciding if I should bring the big trailer with the 250R, Tecate, 350X, and Arctic Cat 4x4 or just stuff the 250r and maybe the 350X in the back of the truck. If I end up having someone ride up with me I'll probably pack up the trailer since we'll be splitting the fuel costs at that point.

John

Bryan Raffa
02-11-2008, 06:52 PM
***ICE REPORT***

-22 wind chill this morning
I just got in and walked out to the middle of the lake drilling holes every 30 yards.. in the center it's 4 1/2 and gets thicker twards the edge..5" mostly and 6" on the edge..the HIGH Winds have kept most of the snow off so far.. I'M ready Too go right NOW!!!:w00t:
Im going back to cleaning the house...BBL

JohnR.
02-11-2008, 06:56 PM
If you end up with a lot of snow on it Brian, just let me know and I'll definitely bring the 4x4 then. I can probably borrow a smaller trailer if I have to so that I don't eat up so much fuel. The 16'x8' enclosed one kills the fuel mileage.

John

scrawny
02-11-2008, 07:32 PM
***ICE REPORT***

-22 wind chill this morning
I just got in and walked out to the middle of the lake drilling holes every 30 yards.. in the center it's 4 1/2 and gets thicker twards the edge..5" mostly and 6" on the edge..the HIGH Winds have kept most of the snow off so far.. I'M ready Too go right NOW!!!:w00t:
Im going back to cleaning the house...BBL

oh man i thought you guys were further up north than that.:crazy: good thing there is ice making weather in the future. the cold snap finally ceased here a little...

JohnR.
02-11-2008, 08:08 PM
4-5 inches of ice is plenty, don't sweat it.

John

chris200x
02-11-2008, 08:14 PM
4-5 inches of ice is plenty, don't sweat it.

John

I sure hope your right. :( I dont know how to swim! :eek: :D

Tri-ZNate
02-11-2008, 09:06 PM

2.5" and I was out on the Big red :w00t:

Chris the guys that came into work this morning were talking about that. Said one guy tried to pull off and the rest is history

scrawny
02-11-2008, 09:09 PM
the slowest machine will always go through first. ;)

brapp
02-11-2008, 09:13 PM
i can swim but my 350x cant! and if we need a plow i can brign the foreman!!!

ChrisD
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
If it snows, I can bring the 250sx with the plow. We can see if the O'l threewheeler can beat the mighty 4X4's in a plowing contest....:naughty: I don't think we need 4 plows though. Hopefully the snow will be minimal and plowing kept to cleaning off the track.

4" is plenty!

JohnR.
02-11-2008, 09:49 PM

I've been out on the ice for close to 30 years now, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing. ;)

John

chris200x
02-11-2008, 10:09 PM
I've been out on the ice for close to 30 years now, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing. ;)

John

eh.. lol. I'm only kiddin around. I tend to joke when I'm nervous. :D I dont like the ice that much. should be a blast just to hang with you guys tho. :beer

ChrisD. I talked with brapp and have decided to stick to my original plan.. I'll be stayin a few extra days up his place on the way back. :naughty: I really do appreciate the offer tho. can't wait to see that sickass R you got! :Bounce

tri-Z ripper
02-11-2008, 10:19 PM
getting anxious now hell ive been on 4 inches of ice on a river with a wheeler its plenty! still scary as *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* when you here that loud ass crack now matter how much ice is out there everybody who has been out there knows exactly what im talking about!

Meat-BoX
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM
I ordered the tires and they called. My card wont go through. I call the card and they say its been almost 2 months since I last paid so the blocked my card. I was out of work a month and was gonna send payment on wed. By the time they get my payment and I can use it again it will be next week. I got mad at how they did me after 10 years and cut it up. So looks like I lose again.

Bryan Raffa
02-11-2008, 11:03 PM
If you end up with a lot of snow on it Brian, just let me know and I'll definitely bring the 4x4 then. I can probably borrow a smaller trailer if I have to so that I don't eat up so much fuel. The 16'x8' enclosed one kills the fuel mileage.

John

thats ok john.. I got the neighbors polaris w/plow..Guess I better check and make shure it's up to par..;) calling for some snow next few days..

Bryan Raffa
02-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I ordered the tires and they called. My card wont go through. I call the card and they say its been almost 2 months since I last paid so the blocked my card. I was out of work a month and was gonna send payment on wed. By the time they get my payment and I can use it again it will be next week. I got mad at how they did me after 10 years and cut it up. So looks like I lose again.

I think you should call MIK6 right NOW! and see what he has..he told me he did...

Bryan Raffa
02-11-2008, 11:11 PM
If it snows, I can bring the 250sx with the plow. We can see if the O'l threewheeler can beat the mighty 4X4's in a plowing contest....:naughty: I don't think we need 4 plows though. Hopefully the snow will be minimal and plowing kept to cleaning off the track.

4" is plenty!

plow race..hahahh if we absolutely need too we can go get Bruce's Big Red with the plow..and people wonder where all the 3 wheeler plow's are? LMAO:lol:

Bryan Raffa
02-11-2008, 11:17 PM
eh.. lol. I'm only kiddin around. I tend to joke when I'm nervous. :D I dont like the ice that much. should be a blast just to hang with you guys tho. :beer

Your gonna have a blast!!! just keep a eye on my tip up's as your going by them S L O W. . . . :lol:

chris200x
02-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Your gonna have a blast!!! just keep a eye on my tip up's as your going by them S L O W. . . . :lol:
:postwhore :rolleyes:

I'm over 50" wide in the rear with these diffrent wheels. :naughty: gonna see if we can drop it down some up at brapp's friday night. I'm just going to drink, ride and have fun. Bummer I wont have a camera. :(

JohnR.
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Don't worry Chris. There'll be plenty of cameras around.:pics:

John

Bryan Raffa
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
use my camera! it takes good:pics:

Russell 350X
02-11-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm getting axiouse guys, I've never raced on ice before! :TrikesOwn I was debating on trying to bring my snowmobile, but the track is not picked, so it probably wouldn't do so good:lol: If anyone wants be to bring it I'll see what I can do about getting a trailer. I will have a camera there too (hopefully).

The front tire on my X is not studded, does anyone think that could pose a problem? I would assume it would just take more body english.

ChrisD, is it still ok if I borrow those studded tires?

Tri-ZNate
02-12-2008, 12:23 AM
:postwhore :rolleyes:

I'm over 50" wide in the rear with these diffrent wheels. :naughty: gonna see if we can drop it down some up at brapp's friday night. I'm just going to drink, ride and have fun. Bummer I wont have a camera. :(

Were gonna make some 4/115 banshee rims 4/100 too :naughty:

And I have a camera you can use :pics:

freaksfix
02-12-2008, 01:20 AM
WTF!!!! Where is Trikeaholic??? And JonnysX and crew...

freaksfix
02-12-2008, 01:36 AM
Damn!!! Screws 55 bucks, install time 2 hours, beer 18+++ pac.. 290 in each rear, didnt count the front... How far around the front should i go, i did the center 3 rows...

ChrisD
02-12-2008, 06:24 AM
ChrisD, is it still ok if I borrow those studded tires?

You bet. I got them on the trailer.

Bryan Raffa
02-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Damn!!! Screws 55 bucks, install time 2 hours, beer 18+++ pac.. 290 in each rear, didnt count the front... How far around the front should i go, i did the center 3 rows...

thats great! you running the 200x racer? any fireworks left over from TF?:naughty:

Build them,,,Ride them,,Race them!! :w00t:

freaksfix
02-12-2008, 08:21 AM
thats great! you running the 200x racer? any fireworks left over from TF?:naughty:

Build them,,,Ride them,,Race them!! :w00t:

LOL!!! I wish!! Fireworks last about as long as beer does aroud here... Im still tring to get a hold on that moderation thing.:rolleyes:

No my 200x is down right now we went for a ride up in tug hill and big Freak sheered the bolts off of the cam gear!! I'll be running my 85 R...:twisted:

Bryan Raffa
02-12-2008, 08:38 AM
LOL!!! I wish!! Fireworks last about as long as beer does aroud here... Im still tring to get a hold on that moderation thing.:rolleyes:

No my 200x is down right now we went for a ride up in tug hill and big Freak sheered the bolts off of the cam gear!! I'll be running my 85 R...:twisted:

:lol: where there's a will there's a way;)

Sweet! L@@KS like the Shootout of winter of 85.. all the 85 sweating it out because the 86's were released..:D

chris200x
02-12-2008, 08:49 AM
So Meat-box,, your not coming then? I was lookin forward to meeting you and seeing that tecate of yours. Why dont you just stud the tires you have on there? aren't they the same ones your trying to buy?

Not sure what your weather guys are sayin up there.. but sunday into mondey they say a big coastal storm... :eek:

I maybe stuck at brapps' till spring! :D

JohnR.
02-12-2008, 09:27 AM
The front tire on my X is not studded, does anyone think that could pose a problem? I would assume it would just take more body english.

You won't be able to turn at all with the rears studded but not the front. The machine literally will go straight no matter where you aim the front wheel. I speak from experience. Get some short screws if you don't want to go all the way through the front tire but definitely get some studs or screws in there.

John

Meat-BoX
02-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I needed the 18's and gas to get there and back. I have 20's on her now but they are great for the summer. Only chance I have is if someone picks me up and theres a set of 18's for a Tecate. Im really pissed about this. I need to get in touch with Mik6.

freaksfix
02-12-2008, 10:33 AM
I needed the 18's and gas to get there and back. I have 20's on her now but they are great for the summer. Only chance I have is if someone picks me up and theres a set of 18's for a Tecate. Im really pissed about this. I need to get in touch with Mik6.

gary,, where you live man??

BigGreenMachine
02-12-2008, 12:16 PM

Quit your weenin and run your 20 inch tires! You'd be crazy to miss something so fun as this just cuz you don't have studs.

tri-Z ripper
02-12-2008, 09:43 PM
hey raffa is the front tire for me to use as well? just making sure?

Bryan Raffa
02-12-2008, 09:47 PM
hey raffa is the front tire for me to use as well? just making sure?

yes you have a complete set..

stud the 20's you kidding! Im running OLD SCHOOL 22" on BOTH!

tri-Z ripper
02-12-2008, 09:50 PM
awsome wasnt sure originaly it said only rears! your the man raffa :w00t: ill be coming in alittle late friday night! say around the 10 to 11 hour if thats ok? only bummer is my exhaust gaskets wont be in on time so ill have to reuse the old crappy one hopefully it holds up

Bryan Raffa
02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
awsome wasnt sure originaly it said only rears! your the man raffa :w00t: ill be coming in alittle late friday night! say around the 10 to 11 hour if thats ok?

Ill be up waiting for ya! usually up till midnight but 10hour days and cleaning the house every night. is taking a toll,Got about 3" tonight and still coming down.just got done shoveling the driveway..Not to mention I slipped on the ice last Friday and slammed my shoulder in to a parking curb..and that has me crippled to nothing above my head.. Is it Friday yet?:D

Bryan Raffa
02-12-2008, 10:11 PM
awsome wasnt sure originaly it said only rears! your the man raffa :w00t: ill be coming in alittle late friday night! say around the 10 to 11 hour if thats ok? only bummer is my exhaust gaskets wont be in on time so ill have to reuse the old crappy one hopefully it holds up

and if it dont... I got a brand new one in the shed...;)

ChrisD
02-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey guys. I have another set of 20" studded holeshots for Honda. I can bring them if someone needs them. So, I have 2 extra sets of studded tires. One set of cheng shin psycho studs and the Holeshots. I also have an extra front studded tire for a 250R or 350X. One set is spoken for. If someone wants to borrow the other set, I can bring them, but speak up now.

Mr. Bryan. Please tell the weather to stop now. 3" of snow is perfect. Are you going to plow before the weekend? If so, it sounds like you should make the track about 4 bikes wide so there is plenty of room on the track. Once those snow banks freeze, they are fixed in place. That could take some time with one plow. Let us know if we should bring more plows. I can bring the SX if you want. I'm not planning on bring it now, but I can if we need it.

I should be up there late morning on Saturday. I have to stop in Canandagua to drop off the wife and kids. I can help plow if you need it. Let me know if you want another plow.

.....OH...we clocked it on radar at 49MPH with the plow on it....please don't try this at home...it was sketchy:wondering

Bryan Raffa
02-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey guys. I have another set of 20" studded holeshots for Honda. I can bring them if someone needs them. So, I have 2 extra sets of studded tires. One set of cheng shin psycho studs and the Holeshots. I also have an extra front studded tire for a 250R or 350X. One set is spoken for. If someone wants to borrow the other set, I can bring them, but speak up now.

Mr. Bryan. Please tell the weather to stop now. 3" of snow is perfect. Are you going to plow before the weekend? If so, it sounds like you should make the track about 4 bikes wide so there is plenty of room on the track. Once those snow banks freeze, they are fixed in place. That could take some time with one plow. Let us know if we should bring more plows. I can bring the SX if you want. I'm not planning on bring it now, but I can if we need it.

I should be up there late morning on Saturday. I have to stop in Canandagua to drop off the wife and kids. I can help plow if you need it. Let me know if you want another plow.

.....OH...we clocked it on radar at 49MPH with the plow on it....please don't try this at home...it was sketchy:wondering

Ill get with you tomorrow on that .. it all depends on how mutch we get tomorrow...Ill have to plow if we get any more thats for shure..maybe Ill wait till Thursday to disturb it ..still have to get with the neighbor and make shure it's good to go. I'll have to leave work early Thursday too make a FIVE lane OVAL and a 4 lane TT track.. Ill know more tomorrow night..:cool:

tri-Z ripper
02-12-2008, 10:30 PM
sick sick sick sick cant wait guys every post makes me more anxious!!

ChrisD
02-12-2008, 10:31 PM
I will help any way I can, so let me know.

FYI for anyone looking for studded tires, if I bring the SX for a plow, the studded holeshots will have to be mounted on that, so that set of tires will be out of circulation.

chris200x
02-12-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm going to need that extra 350X front tire and rim Chris. The one I have off the 84 R wont bolt up. I was told a 200X rims wont fit as well.

Just to be safe bring that extra one along. I wouldn't want to go putting holes in this new front max thats on there now.

Bryan Raffa
02-12-2008, 11:13 PM
PICTURE BOMB:TrikesOwn

Bryan Raffa
02-12-2008, 11:16 PM
get them going chris .. I know ya got one or two..

Russell 350X
02-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Do any of you guys think running with a non-studded front tire with rear's studded could cause a problem??

brapp
02-13-2008, 01:23 AM
non studded front and studded rears sound bad idea mone plows bad wit no studd sin it either way

Russell 350X
02-13-2008, 01:33 AM
non studded front and studded rears sound bad idea mone plows bad wit no studd sin it either way

Thought so......

Well, I'm calling about a trailer tomarrow to bring my sled out (if its ok with Raffa).

Russell 350X
02-13-2008, 01:42 AM
So how many people are coming so far?

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Do any of you guys think running with a non-studded front tire with rear's studded could cause a problem??

You are better running NO studs ..like johnR said you will go strait no matter what if just the back are studded

you can bring the sled if you want.. I have a bunch of sled head's comeing too..

So how many people are coming so far?

How many..A LOT..plus all the local boys and girls..gonna say closer to 30 bikes..and around 40 people..BOOTS OFF when you come In...thank god no mud..:welcome:

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2008, 08:32 AM
View from the non heated Press Box! and a view from my living room window.. So if your inside getting warm you will be able too see the Action!!:D I may open the porch up and heat it ..there is also a fold out bed out there..;)
there callin for this...
FRI
30°F -1°C high
8°F -13°C low
SAT
17°F -8°C
13°F -10°C
SUN
28°F -2°C
25°F

350Xhilaration
02-13-2008, 08:49 AM
If anyone wants a sled to take up to the ride, I am selling mine :D

Hope you get some nice pics. Something hi enough res to send in to Dirt Wheels.

Sounds like it's going to be a blast!!! Have fun everyone and be safe!!

chris200x
02-13-2008, 08:49 AM
17 on saturday huh? :( YIkes! I may be putting that press box to some use!!! :lol: atleast we wont have to worry about the beer getting warm eh?!?!

I'm looking forward to this. I just hope josh can make it out of his driveway friday afternoon to come down and pick me up. We got hit with snow and ice overnight.

MAybe I'll finally get a peek in that shed of yours Raffa!!! :lol: :lock:

chris200x
02-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey Raffa.. I forgot to ask. :postwhore Is there anywhere close to you to grab a fishing license? what about bait? I'd like to go after some pike.. those bigass shiners pricey eh? gimme some info bro.. what's bitin and what are they hittin on?

wouldn't all the bikes running on top of the ice pretty much spook the fish? do they hit at night? besides trikes.. fishing is my next favorite thing to do. I havent been ice fishing since I was a kid!

brapp
02-13-2008, 01:54 PM
wellchris i ahve been fishgin allweek!lol

the great gazoo
02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
17 on saturday huh? :( YIkes! I may be putting that press box to some use!!! :lol: atleast we wont have to worry about the beer getting warm eh?!?!

I'm looking forward to this. I just hope josh can make it out of his driveway friday afternoon to come down and pick me up. We got hit with snow and ice overnight.

MAybe I'll finally get a peek in that shed of yours Raffa!!! :lol: :lock:

Josh NOT make it outta his driveway? You've got to be kidding:lol: :lol: I just hope he doesn't wreck coming down that steep mountain pass at Rickett's Glen, Yikes!

JohnR.
02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I've got a BUNCH of orange highway cones Raffa, should I bring some? Any word on this storm I've been hearing is supposed to hit my area on Sunday? Are we gonna get slammed up there and end up missing work on Tuesday?

John

brapp
02-13-2008, 08:37 PM
i ahve a few cones also and 5 gallon buckets of we ned them. and for those who waned to se ethe 250r her eit is.http://a882.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/42/l_64bb06a4f302511fe477d0b733169629.jpg

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2008, 09:05 PM
I just got done plowing for 2 hours and got a six lane oval ..one end is a big sweeper and the other is a shorter corner ..mutch like a tear drop..the shorter end is like 20 lanes wide and pushed back to the center..
teaser picks to come after a hot shower!!! Ill get some day light pics in the morning...so stay tuned..

Tri-ZNate
02-13-2008, 09:07 PM
1000 Studs is just gonna have the tri-z covered. I still have to finish about 1/4 of the front tire

Z Update, link was taken out so the chain is far tighter, sblt's case saver and shifter also installed. Didnt feel like taking the chain off to tighten the allen bolt that tightens the shifter so i threw in the old yammi bolt. just waiting on hagen's Pegs and stator cover :w00t:

brapp
02-13-2008, 09:35 PM
cool so i can leave the foreman home for the plowign is done?

chris200x
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
You better hope my son dont see that quad brapp... he'll forget all about the lakota! LMAO!!!

They ain't sayin much more about that upcoming storm on the news... just that its most likely coming. lol

Brapp. gimme a call tomoorow before 4pm. Once the boy is home the damn phone is tied up all night.

How much snow you guys get up there?

Tri-ZNate
02-13-2008, 10:03 PM
How much snow you guys get up there?

Around 5". He has a set of 22" ATV chains that i'm sure could stretch to fit the S10 :lol: :D

Chris do you need screws bought for friday night?

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
cool so i can leave the foreman home for the plowign is done?

yes leave the yellow submarine home!! that thing is bad Karma..here:lol:

in the moring ill get a pic out the window and you will see the size.. from apex to apex it's 100 paces:Bounce

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2008, 10:07 PM
few more .. I still need to do more work..but I moved ALOT of snow!!! I need to make it one more pass wider and make the entrance and exit of the tear drop a little wider..

chris200x
02-13-2008, 10:11 PM
I have no idea what the hell those pics are. looks cold to me tho.

Nate.. I'm all set with studs. Just gotta figure out something with a front tire. I'm gonna do some running tomorrow to see if I can get this one mounted on the proper rim.. just so I have it. I'm gonna bring the pro wedges too just for the heck of it.

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2008, 10:15 PM
I have no idea what the hell those pics are. looks cold to me tho.

Nate.. I'm all set with studs. Just gotta figure out something with a front tire. I'm gonna do some running tomorrow to see if I can get this one mounted on the proper rim.. just so I have it. I'm gonna bring the pro wedges too just for the heck of it.

HUH? its the track out on the ice that I just got done plowing for 2 hours..and ya its freakin cold dude!! bundel up!!

Tri-ZNate
02-13-2008, 10:29 PM
and ya its freakin cold dude!! bundel up!!

Scarf and mittens even? :eek:

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Scarf and mittens even? :eek:

and have your Mommy put a string through the sleeves so you don't loose them!:lol:

chris200x
02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
HUH? its the track out on the ice that I just got done plowing for 2 hours..and ya its freakin cold dude!! bundel up!!

LOL.. Only teasin bud! looks like your doin alot of work for us guys to come and play! :w00t: If you need me to bring anything to help out let me know. I'll help anyway I can.

whats a TT track that you mentioned earrlier?

JohnR.
02-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Raffa gets the biggest http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif EVER!

My wife gets the second for allowing me to go to this thing the day after her birthday and not giving me a hard time about it at all.

John

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Raffa gets the biggest http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif EVER!

My wife gets the second for allowing me to go to this thing the day after her birthday and not giving me a hard time about it at all.

John

I even got my valentines day present early;)

Tri-ZNate
02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
and have your Mommy put a string through the sleeves so you don't loose them!:lol:

PA Guys dont have any sleeves left though. We used all ours out on the trail :eek:. Maybe I should just go fast enough i go numb, aint no feelin in numb :beer

chris200x
02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
PA Guys dont have any sleeves left though. We used all ours out on the trail :eek:. Maybe I should just go fast enough i go numb, aint no feelin in numb :beer

LMAO!!! yeah.. brapp tore his sleeves off so he could go take a dump! ROTF!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll leave the steel city reserve at home this time!!!

thefox
02-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Man that looks so sweet! I soooo wish I could go but the 4 1/2 hour trip just isn't going to happen for me, work has been real slow so I shouldn't spend any more money then I have to. I have never wanted to freeze my butt off on a frozen lake so bad.

ChrisD
02-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Awsome Bryan!!! Just remember, we are coming into the turn tight and leaving wide!!! Hard on the throttle! Guys...stay away from the snowbanks! If it's going to be in the teens, they will be hard as a rock....I busted a couple ribs on time and John busted up his shoulder.

The track looks awsome. Cheers go out to you. I'm glad you did that now. It would be a killer to plow out after it froze solid on the ice. This is going to be a great time!!!

I'm bringing 2 video cameras. 1 with helmet camera.

:beer :beer

Any more snow and it will be Raffa's Ice Fishing Tournament! I will have to build my shed and bring a jig.

Bryan Raffa
02-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Chris when I went back out to take pics it was all ready froze .. the ice cracked in a few places ..froze almost instantly.. cruising along in the dark ..hearing nothing but the scraping of the plow and the motor...and them hearing...CRACK over the motor and plow was quite exhilarating!!:lol:

I will leave the entrance alone but make the exit wider..hopefully its not too froze tomorrow..

tri-Z ripper
02-13-2008, 11:23 PM
I even got my valentines day present early;)

hope it was good ive been in the basement working on the Z so i might not even get a valentines day present from the lil lady!:rolleyes: yeah right she to good to me!:w00t: cant wait guys friday is gonna be to long!!

Russell 350X
02-14-2008, 12:13 AM
The track looks good! Can't wait to get on it.

Picken up 150 screws for the front tire tomarrow before I go to work, I'll just stud it when I get there. Should be set then. Dosent look like I'm bringing the sled, can;t get a trailer. :(

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 12:20 AM
The track looks good! Can't wait to get on it.

Picken up 150 screws for the front tire tomarrow before I go to work, I'll just stud it when I get there. Should be set then. Dosent look like I'm bringing the sled, can;t get a trailer. :(

Ill have 2 18v batterys ready too go..I got 15gal's Vp 110 today.. Had to drive all the way over to 7S's to get it .. fresh unopend 55 gal drum..the good stuff...:naughty: :D that vmax nitrous,turbo..800 runs on that too:drool:

freaksfix
02-14-2008, 12:49 AM
the Freaks is chubbin up just reading this thread.. i cant freakin wait,, ive never rode ice more than enough to rip some dough nuts on a small pond... Raffa you gonna have a outdoor sound system cranking some rage filled metal??lol....

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 12:57 AM
the Freaks is chubbin up just reading this thread.. i cant freakin wait,, ive never rode ice more than enough to rip some dough nuts on a small pond... Raffa you gonna have a outdoor sound system cranking some rage filled metal??lol....

:lol: Uhhh No... piped in Music..I just filled my Mp3 with 98 songs...:w00t:

You know I will be jammin!!;)

wonder how strait my strait aways are.. it was so dark and couldnt see far enough ahead..cant wait to get up and look out the window...:Bounce

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 07:42 AM
OH MAN! wait till you see pics of this!!!..:w00t: :Bounce
a little more light and ill snap a few!!

chris200x
02-14-2008, 07:56 AM
have you been looking out the window waiting for the sun to rise? :lol:

That crack you heard.. is that what I see in that one pic (the first bunch you posted 4th pic)

I'm gittin excited boys!!! :w00t:

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 08:03 AM
yes I have.. for a hour now.. couldn't sleep...:Bounce

don't look too bad for making it in the dark,, the closest end needs some work (wider).. hopefully I can get home before the sun go's down and do the TT track..

chris200x
02-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Looks like it's gonna be a blast! We're like little kids on xmas morning. lol

So a TT track.. is that with S turns? (kinda like what's on those vids posted on youtube by ChrisD?)

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 08:24 AM
yes a lot longer..with right turns..may be a few S's ,,a dog leg thrown in.. it will go all the way down to the next point you can see in the last pics, and out way past the oval..it will probley be only 4 lanes wide as thats a TON of snow to move!

you guys BRING some CONES!!

and yes that a crack in the 4th pic ..

Trikeaholic
02-14-2008, 10:58 AM
As of this point I have no way to transport my R up there :cry: I have not even switched over to my ice tires because we had no Ice on our lake until now :cry:

sounds like fun but I also think I am working that weekend :cry:

WHOA! HANG ON GOT A PLAN BREWING

Tri-ZNate
02-14-2008, 12:13 PM
This is gonna be awesome. More Pics :D

brapp
02-14-2008, 12:35 PM
this is already awesoem i ahvent beenout on the ice in robably close to 10 years with a trike for actual racing. and raffa if you want i willdo a little plowing if you get a rough course roughed in for the tt track,

chris200x
02-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Welp, I just dropped the 85 rim and the old tire off at the shop.. gotta pick it up tonight, get it studded and mounted and I'm ready to go!

Nate told me he's bringin his ice skates so I can pull him behind the ole tree fiddy! :w00t:

Brapp.. do you know what time you'll be showing up here tomorrow? ... and are you bring the quadrunner down with you or no?

freaksfix
02-14-2008, 05:49 PM
As of this point I have no way to transport my R up there :cry: I have not even switched over to my ice tires because we had no Ice on our lake until now :cry:

sounds like fun but I also think I am working that weekend :cry:

WHOA! HANG ON GOT A PLAN BREWING

no excusses holic.. make it happen man..

JohnR.
02-14-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm picking up 5 gallons of VP C-12 tonight from a friend's house so I should be ready to start the trike tomorrow. I'm going to call my cousin to see if he's coming with his 350X and if not, I'm going to try to get a hold of his Cheng Shin 18's on Honda wheels in case someone else here needs another set. I'm bringing my 330R and my 350X. If anybody is interested in buying the 350X its for sale so bring some money. :D I'm psyched for the weekend. Ice racing all day Sunday and then DAYTONA Sunday night!:beer

John

JohnR.
02-14-2008, 06:55 PM
I just got off the phone with my cousin. He's bringing his 350X and his Raptor. I hope that's OK with you Raffa. He's not any trouble at all and will sleep in the damn bath tub if he needs to. I'm bringing up the big enclosed trailer now, so I'll bring a sh1tload of cones with me and if there's room I'm bringing the 4x4 as well.

John

chris200x
02-14-2008, 06:58 PM
So how many 350x's does that make? Mine,, brapps, Johns, Johns cousin,, who else?

I smell a shootout in the works?:naughty: :D

Who else is bringin what? (someone asked this earlier but noone responded?1) I was really hoping to see a tec3 in action... meatbox you in?:wondering

JohnR.
02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm very tempted to bring my '86 T3 out. Its nice but the motor is tired and I know I won't ride it. It'd just be another one to look at.

John

chris200x
02-14-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm very tempted to bring my '86 T3 out. Its nice but the motor is tired and I know I won't ride it. It'd just be another one to look at.

John

I'd be happy to ride it for you! :D

You just dont see them around here... EVER! I seen one (besides at the kawi dealership in the 80's) (and I think tunes has a few stashed away)

I actually looked for a few years to purchase one but gave up when I ran across that basketcase Z I got a while back. (that's before I found these forums) but their still not many around..

JohnR.
02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
LOL! Thanks for the offer but if something happens to it I'll be more upset than if something happened to my 330R since the plastics for the R are easy to get. One day I'll have time to restore it like it deserves to be restored. I'm going to DMV to renew the trailer reg tomorrow and then I hope to get the trailer somewhat loaded up tomorrow evening. If it looks like there's gonna be enough room, I'll probably bring it.

John

chris200x
02-14-2008, 07:27 PM
I totally understand dude.. (It was worth a shot tho! lol) That's one of the reasons I got rid of my tri z.. I was afraid of breaking something and not being able to replace the parts right away.

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 08:25 PM
WhOOO!! some one say zambonie!!! little meltage today got some sun dipping back down and freezing allready..made the exit Wider one plow length..and cleaned everything up with a steel edge snow shovel,...I havent even been on it yet with my bike ..It's gonna be GLASS!!!:Bounce :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce

HOLIC.. listen to freak.. make it happen..:naughty:

Trikeaholic
02-14-2008, 08:38 PM
ok, not working, have a truck to use all I gotta do is switch my tires around and re-jet. My dumb brother wanted me to do his brakes on his car on saturday but I think im gonna tell him tough. at this point looks like I will be heading out early sat morning for this event!

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 08:52 PM
ok sounds good.. get busy

Bruce did something to his back and is out of work.. wonder if he can make it..

tri-Z ripper
02-14-2008, 10:52 PM
:) got the Z running with a little help from the 200X pop start ran awsome then kick it over to make sure!! got both of them loaded in the tacoma leaving a little earlier so i wont be there to late tomorrow night!! cant wait to meet everybody and get up there and ride still havent got my exhaust gasket maybe we can work something out raffa!:rolleyes: anyway cant wait to get there and scope it out! i think i win the award for farthest distance!!!:TrikesOwn 334 miles one way :crazy:

Russell 350X
02-14-2008, 11:23 PM
So how many 350x's does that make? Mine,, brapps, Johns, Johns cousin,, who else?

I smell a shootout in the works?:naughty: :D

Who else is bringin what? (someone asked this earlier but noone responded?1) I was really hoping to see a tec3 in action... meatbox you in?:wondering

I'm bringing my 350X too. I'm gonna see about bringing the Big Red, see if I can fit two trikes in the back of a S-10 :)

chris200x
02-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Excellent... where gonna have to line everything up for a group shot. I hope the ice can hold all the weight!!! LMAO!!!!

just wondering... how deep is that part of the lake in front of the house there raffa? :lol: :lol:

201.86 miles from my house.

Edit: kinda late.. but I found some good info for us ice noobies.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=64406

Russell 350X
02-14-2008, 11:56 PM
So Raffa, how much ice is there now?

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Excellent... where gonna have to line everything up for a group shot. I hope the ice can hold all the weight!!! LMAO!!!!

just wondering... how deep is that part of the lake in front of the house there raffa? :lol: :lol:

201.86 miles from my house.

in front of my house is the deepest part of the lake ..out in the middle theres a hole 60'

tecat-z
02-15-2008, 01:07 AM
I sure hope you guys plan on getting some killer videos of this event.:naughty: It looks and sounds like it's gonna be a good one!

chris200x
02-15-2008, 03:39 AM
2:42AM.. can't sleep too excited!!!YAMAHONDAMAN

Raffaman has a good camera! I'm sure there is gonna be a ton of pics!

Bryan Raffa
02-15-2008, 08:13 AM
I sure hope you guys plan on getting some killer videos of this event.:naughty: It looks and sounds like it's gonna be a good one!

Dont worrie ED!;)

the first bike showed up last night creatures 200x was dropped off with some wood to get us started.. thanks jack!

Ripper you might be helpin me put rear brakes on my olady's jeep tonight.. I have to get that done and out of the drive way..I need the space for bikes...

Chevy200s
02-15-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm bringing my 350X too. I'm gonna see about bringing the Big Red, see if I can fit two trikes in the back of a S-10 :)

You can fit 2 in the back of an S10 with the tail gate down as long as its a long box its really tight though, also being a big red that might be pushing it a bit. I also know you can stagger them and let the front tires hang over about 6 inches, but yeah you can fit anything in an S10, just as Bryan he saw my S10 at trikefest:lol:

Bryan, I'm still comming out but its looking like I wont have a trike with me, probably just gonna be a spectator for a few hours. The R is having transmission problems and its still apart. Hoping to come down for a few hours on Saturday with a camera and my sled. should be a lot of fun to watch though, lookin forward to it!

haha guess I wont be getting the longest distance award, maybe the shortest though seeing as how I'm like 40 minutes from your place haha

Tri-ZNate
02-15-2008, 01:49 PM
hey Bryan, We Got WOOD! :Bounce

ah tonight the ice racing begins in pennsyltucky and ends with the New Yorkas

tri-Z ripper
02-15-2008, 02:20 PM
no problem raffa have done a million and one brake jobs before im leaving in like 20 minutes so should be there around 8 or so!!!

brapp
02-15-2008, 02:40 PM
chris has mad eit to pennsyltucky and were headed out brignt early and probably hung over cause chris bought 1/2 gallon of jegarlol

Trikeaholic
02-15-2008, 03:09 PM
leaving early tomorrow with the lil holic and his tri zinger. He is psyched! I do not have any SHORT screws for his zinger so anyone with 1/4" or under PLEASE bring a small amount so we can borrow them so his zinger can get around safley! PLEASE. If I go past a bike shop or two I will look for some, but I doubt I will find any suitable. PLEASE do it for the children!

Digital video cam on board as well.

freaksfix
02-15-2008, 07:05 PM
the freaks is ready!! im leaving around 7 should be able to do the drive in like 2 hours..

JohnR.
02-15-2008, 07:11 PM
see if I can fit two trikes in the back of a S-10 :)

Shouldn't be a problem. I had my 350X with a wide rear axle, and my buddy's stock 1986 250R in the back of my old shortbed Mitsubishi pickup with the gate down.

John

JohnR.
02-15-2008, 07:12 PM
I'll be up Sunday morning. Please leave room for my truck and trailer some where.

John

Bryan Raffa
02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I'll be up Sunday morning. Please leave room for my truck and trailer some where.

John

we got a spot for ya john..

just got done plowing again.. big fluffy flakes.. builds up quick... freak that looks great!! dont for get the cooler for the rack:lol: :beer

holic the snow on the ice is really good for traction ..I think he will be fine in the snow..

Bryan Raffa
02-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Ripper Just showed up..gonna get him unloaded

Bryan Raffa
02-15-2008, 11:57 PM
just chased off two guys on 200x's with the shotgun..I said NO rideing at NIGHT!!!:Bounce :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce