PDA

View Full Version : 1985 trailboss no spark

just ride1971
06-01-2003, 03:59 PM
hey guys and girls.....i was playing with quad<opps3 wheeler lol>and noticed that if i move start stop switch fast i get some kind of spark were before i was not get nothing....i replaced stator checked coil before and no spark....then like i said started to play with swich start and stop real fast i will get one i...but still not running,....

John mendolera
06-01-2003, 05:42 PM
take the on/off switch apart and clean it it's probly rusty knowing buffalo.Alway's try to do the cheapest thing first to see if it work's.Otherwise you might have a ton of new part's and still a problem like you have.

crazyorigin
06-01-2003, 06:57 PM
if the switch is indeed the problem, and you dont want to get a new one, and it cannot be repaired, just solder, or otherwise connect the 2 wires together, that will fix any short it may have. or, you could install a Pro-Design or similar kill switch, they start at around 10$ and go up to around 50$

Howdy
06-03-2003, 08:20 AM
hey guys and girls.....i was playing with quad<opps3 wheeler lol>and noticed that if i move start stop switch fast i get some kind of spark were before i was not get nothing....i replaced stator checked coil before and no spark....then like i said started to play with swich start and stop real fast i will get one i...but still not running,....

If you get a quick spark from turning the switch of and on then the switch is NOT the problem. The problem would be in the CDI pulse generator or CDI module area.
Problem solve it by checking all your wires to be sure they are connected correctly. If they are connected correctly then test the pulser part and then the module. That is how I would do it.
Thanks
Howdy

just ride1971
06-03-2003, 12:42 PM
thanks howdy and everybody...took switch apart took the wire that draws the spark<the black wire on switch>will only spark when grounded.....i am thinking cdi