ATC crazy
06-01-2003, 07:02 PM
http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/detail.asp?id=202

Well...lets hope not.

Jeb
06-02-2003, 09:48 AM
Let's hope not is not good enough. People need to get involved

-or-

Buy all the 660R's, DS 650s, V-force 700s and any child-size ATVs now and all the parts you can. Store them in brand new condition. As history shows, 15 years after the ban they'll be selling for a mint on ebay.

As unbelievable as it may seem now, The bastids WILL get their ban unless there's a hell of alot more ATV support than there was in the mid 80s. You can sure bet they'll get a new round of ridiculous regulations. I know the article said the AATVA will be fighting for YOUR rights. Don't think thats enough because that's the same AATVA that fought and couldn't stop the 3 wheeler ban. They need OUR help.

TimSr
06-02-2003, 10:02 AM
If everybody sits back on their duff and waits for AATVA to do the fighting, then they will look like a single loud mouthed special interest group. We cant all go and testify, but everybody who rides nees to take 5 minutes and a 37 cent stamp and send a letter, unless you happen to feel their ideas are wonderful.

To testify before the Consumer Product Safety Commission in West Virginia, contact Rockelle Hammond, Office of the Secretary, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Washington, D.C., 20207. Tel: (301) 504-6833. Fax: (301) 504-0127. E-mail: rhammond@cpsc.gov.

You can also send written testimony until July 5 to Attn: ATV Hearing, Office of the Secretary, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Washington, D.C., 20207.

Another thread on the same topic :
http://www.pitracer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13101

J.D.
06-02-2003, 10:28 AM
I was gonna send a letter, then I saw the cutoff date. I can't send a letter from here to VA before the 5th, pisses me off. I really wanted to send in a petition, it's BS what all these Commies try to do to the sport, and yet "AMERICA IS A FREE COUNTRY"

TimSr
06-02-2003, 11:59 AM
The cuttoff date is JULY 5th. I believe even the Pony Experss could make it in time! Also listed is a fax and email, but keep in mind whenever lobbying lawmakers, paper mail carries the greatest impact.

Wickedfinger
06-02-2003, 03:25 PM
... I sent mine via FAX yesterday - and I got a confirmation ...... Guns and ATV's are about the only "Toys" that bring joy to my life - I can feel the noose tightening every day.

lushatc200x
06-02-2003, 04:32 PM
i sent an email.

Billy Golightly
06-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Hey Guys, I haven't really been keeping up on this too much, infact I wasn't even aware of the fact that the CPSC had set a date until a little while back, but I've got an idea and I definetly need some help. Everyone knows and remembers the "Stand against teh Consent Decree" I think now is the perfect time (Although a bit late) to copy all these names and print them off and mail them along with a letter to the CPSC. I'm going to start copying names and comments but I can't copy 1800+ by myself in one night. If I can get them all copied down I will put them on a disk and take them to a printing place and get them printed off, and then I will OVERNIGHT them to the CPSC to hopefully get there on time. If anyone would be willing to help me copy and paste names send me an email, gridiron@atlantic.net or you can contact me through MSN messenger, same email, ICQ# is 8068424, AIM is HondaATC22. If you can help even just by copying a hundred or so names it would really help. If you would like to help please contact me and I'll give you the details on how to do it.

EDIT: Also PLEASE make sure to contact me before you start copying any, I'd hate for someone to spend alot of time copying some down that someone else has already done.