PDA

View Full Version : This should be a Guaranteed nice trike.

Louis Mielke
02-11-2008, 12:03 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-honda-atc200x-trikefest-raffle-trike-clean-title_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6724QQihZ017QQite mZ270211040995QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

225DX DUDE
02-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Man i wouldnt sell that if i owned it.:drool:

seadoo650
02-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Somehow does'nt seem right to me. I know john and Howdy put alot of work into that so someone culd enjoy it. Not make a buck off it. Like I said it's probably just me.

Louis Mielke
02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Well I have mixed feelings.

He won it fair and square so it is HIS. Would you feel the same if he took the cash option and wasted it?

Yeah, I hate seeing it being sold. Its kind one of those things you just don't think you could move like this after all the time and donations that went into.

But ultimately it is his to do what he feels is right. I don't think he'll find a buyer at that price cause it is only a 85 200x but I'm glad to see he's not just trying to give it away.

Bitter sweet I guess.

It makes me wonder were the big red is, if FarmerC still has it. Another question is why have we not seen FarmerC?

seadoo650
02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Like I said it's probably just me. I know when I build a bike I'll have it forever. I don't fault him at all for selling it. It is his right. It's just that I know the people and the time that went into it in hopes that it would go to a goood home. If I would have won it at TF I would have passed on it and told them to pull another name since I di'nt need it.

Louis Mielke
02-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Trust me, I totally agree with you. If it was me I'd be taking it back to trikefest and throwing it on the raffle block again. It cost him what? Maybe $20 in tickets, IF that. I wouldn't be selling it if I had to many to keep it, I'd be giving it to someone who doesn't have a nice trike. Course their would be circumstances for them to move it. It has to come back to me or go to someone in need. No resale.

Threes company
02-11-2008, 11:17 PM
At first I was prepared to defend the seller a bit.... thinking his family was in need of money, mortgage needs to be paid, etc. But after rereading the ad...... it was his son that won it? and he has five other trikes? I know if my son won a machine of this caliber it would never be put up for sale.... it would be his forever. Even if he had no interest in it i would throw a tarp over it and keep it until he could appreciate it. Its a bit confusing to me.... But, I have to say though... that was a beautiful machine you guys put up for raffle :drool: , some love went into it no doubt.... heck, I would have been happy just to win that speedometer, lol. Do you guys offer tickets here on the site for these raffles... or do you have to be present for this? Just another reason to on down to TrikeFest! :cool:

Louis Mielke
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
No you don't have to be present as far as I know but I'm sure if you won arrangements would need to be made.

Once again thats kinda another thing about the auction. His son won it, there are alot of really AWESOME parts that were DONATED for that machine.

Its just one of those things you have mixed feelings on. Its his to do with as he sees fit, I just know that if it was me I'd do something other than sell it.

If it was me, it either be raffled again to benefit the site, or MORE likely it would be given to someone who can't afford a nice trike, and someone who would appreciate it/not move it for whatever reason.

I guess thats the difference between the hardcore people and the casual trikers.

I'd like to stress I'm not passing judgment on this guy. It is his to do as he sees fit. I just have my ideas of what auta be done.

SYKO
02-11-2008, 11:31 PM
hey you guys I ride with this member and his son, he has even stayed the weekend at my house, hes a upstanding member. One of the things is that even his son rides his 250R's and his son has a seriously built z400, He dosnt really need a trike like this, so hes letting it ride to someone who does. Personaly I wouldnt want to keep it anyway, not that it wasnt done nice, its just a 200x and I want way more then that for a trike

Louis Mielke
02-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Like I said, not judging. I rode with him and his boy at TF and he seems like a cool guy. Needs to get some brakes on that R if he hasn't yet, but definitely cool folks.

I guess something else that I would have thought of would be to offer it for private sale on the forum first. I haven't seen any posts for it or anything.

SYKO
02-11-2008, 11:35 PM
dude....like anyone would buy it! nobody buys machines on this board but barely! you know that!

Louis Mielke
02-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Wishful thinking I know.

Threes company
02-11-2008, 11:43 PM
I'd like to stress I'm not passing judgment on this guy. It is his to do as he sees fit. I just have my ideas of what auta be done.

Yes... I agree. But don't get me wrong guys, its just that I can only imagine the time and sweat that went into this prize. But hey, who am I to even throw in my two cents.... ?

ATC-Eric
02-12-2008, 02:04 AM
It does suck.

IF I would have won it, Im the type of person that wont git rid of anything. Even though I look for more power, I would still enjoy the little x.

Like I said, it does suck, but its HIS ride to do what he wants with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it goes to a good home. Thats very little miles for the time his son has owned it.

Mr. Clean
02-12-2008, 02:09 AM
:rolleyes: He won it fair and square so it is HIS. =

He won it fair and square so it is HIS.

Mr. Clean
02-12-2008, 02:11 AM
It cost him what? Maybe $20 in tickets, .

You have no idea what he spent in raffle tickets so why bother trying to guess, that is the idea behind a raffle.......

Mr. Clean
02-12-2008, 02:20 AM
At first I was prepared to defend the seller a bit.... thinking his family was in need of money, mortgage needs to be paid, etc. But after rereading the ad...... it was his son that won it? and he has five other trikes?

Defend him a bit.......:rolleyes: I would defend curtis til the day I die. He is great person and none of you other than those who have had the luck of him gracing your presence will ever know. His son Patrick does not have five trikes....talk about misinformed....I know him and know what room his has.......... a one car garage and a shed to store a couple trikes.....give me a break we all have more trikes than we can handle.........it does not matter who had the winning ticket.....they won.

If you look back at the thread with him riding it (god forbid it gets ridden) people were giving him grief over getting mud on it..........:postwhore

Mr. Clean
02-12-2008, 02:24 AM
I guess thats the difference between the hardcore people and the casual trikers.

Okay, you are hardcore and fla-2stroke is a casual rider.........:welcome:

If not for curtis and patrick I would have no one that would have not volunteered to at least spend time after I got a 250r 20 years after I rode one for the first time in 1985. Check my first posts here on 3www.

Mr. Clean
02-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Like I said, not judging. I rode with him and his boy at TF and he seems like a cool guy.

I guess something else that I would have thought of would be to offer it for private sale on the forum first. I haven't seen any posts for it or anything.

NO HE IS a cool guy not "seems like a cool guy" and what the F does rear brakes have to do with it........:rolleyes:

Everyone on this forum is looking for a deal, not spend market value......:rolleyes:

Mr. Clean
02-12-2008, 02:37 AM
But hey, who am I to even throw in my two cents.... ?

I have no idea who you are but have you ever met Curits or his son Patrick....

I have and I can tell you they are the cream of the crop. I was waiting to see where this post was going and I can tell you this is ridiculous. I moved from Florida to Arizona and he and his son are welcome to visit anytime he wants. He and all the people I spent time in Florida are always welcome in my home (curtis, patrick, billy, alan, ronnie, gabe, greg) (you can research there screen names if you like) in AZ and experience the dunes and all the west coast has to offer. If any of the mods want to ban these posts or me have at it. I will be in the mecca of dunes this weekend and could only hope these "friends" of mine could join me........................

Mike D.

Mr. Clean
02-12-2008, 02:51 AM
One last thing I must bring up as I am being a post whore:postwhore is that you spell Guaranteed this way not "Gaurenteed" but that is the not the point of my thread......................and no where in his legitimate E-bay auction does he state this.......................:crazy:

chris200x
02-12-2008, 05:52 AM
I knew it wouldn't take long for this one to get outta hand. Damn ebay forum... :rolleyes: :lock: :lock: :lock: :postwhore Last tme I checked we still lived in America folks.. he can do whatever he wishes.

Louis Mielke
02-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Woah Woah Woah,

I'm sorry you've taken this so personally but you need to calm down, and Chris this thread isn't out of hand, although you sure are quick to jump on the lock icon in just about any thread. There was no one truly upset until chevy57haerly79 posted up, and I can totally understand why he's upset.

Lets talk this out instead of wanting mods to jump in here, we're grownups.

Chevy57harley79, I know you feel like this thread is attacking a friend but please step back and reread as I've tried to maintain that I am in no way judging this triker. As you've clearly stated, I don't know him that well, I don't know his situation

He did say that he has too many bikes in his fleet in his auction.

I NEVER said that HE said that this was a Guaranteed nice trike. I'M saying that since WE know where it came from that WE ALL can know that its a very nice bike because a lot of sweat and blood went into it.

I know you're upset, please take a few minutes to reread, I think you're taking what has been said to heart or as a personal attack on this great guy.

It was in no way intended as a personal attack.

The brakes comment, it doesn't have anything to do directly to the topic I was merely remember trikefest last year. The poor guy was drag racing his 250r with absolutely no front or rear brakes. Several of us offered to help him get his brakes fixed and he declined cause "he just wanted to have a good time" I just remember how it seemed really dangerous for him to be riding like that when it would have only taken maybe half an hour for us to help him get brakes working. I felt bad for him.

Seriously, this thread is not an attack on his character and I don't believe anyone who has posted meant it to be. I merely posted this link so MAYBE the trike would go to someone on this board who needs it or would appreciate it.

Please calm down. Heck I was hoping he'd come into the the thread and talk about it with us.

Once again, there are no ill feelings or personal attacks. I know he's a great guy, I said seems like a great guy cause I only have a few hours experience riding with him so I'm not able to make a completely valid judgment.

I appreciate you validating what I already thought.

And thanks for correcting my spelling, I'll make corrections, I will say though, my philosophy is that the message is more important that the medium, "Someone might miss the fact that someones giving them the secret to life if their too worried about the spelling"

I would also like to reiterate like I have in almost all my posts.

He won it fair and square so it is his to do with as he sees fit.

Once again, no judgement, no attacks, just talking about the TF raffle trike.

chris200x
02-12-2008, 09:10 AM
SO you didn't think posting this on 3ww wouldn't start an agruement then? Oh cmon Louis I thought you were smarter than that.

I merely put the "lock smilies up" so they would lock this before it totally gets outta hand. MAybe I should of just posted the popcorn pic.. sat back... and watched instead.

Personally I could care less what the guy does with it. its his now to do what he wishes. that's my .o2 cents since everyone else seems to be giving theirs... why can't I?

brrcuda
02-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Thats why you give away 4 wheelers dammit - nobody here cares about those!!!!!

Threes company
02-12-2008, 10:51 AM
.......... a one car garage and a shed to store a couple trikes.....give me a break we all have more trikes than we can handle.........it does not matter who had the winning ticket.....they won.

Hey Chevy... I come in peace and yes, I agree with you. We all come to this forum and these threads with our own perspective on things, that happens to be what makes this whole forum fun and informative at the same time. Now I ended my last post with "who am I to give my two cents?" and thats exactly what I meant.... I do not know this individual and I hope I did not come across as passing judgement on your friend in any way... if my post did come across this way... I apologize. I mentioned perspective..... my perspective is as one who has never won more in his life than a few bucks on a scratch ticket, and yes, I also have played the shuffle game... up until our "big move" this past year I lived in the inner city with nothing but a small shed for storage, I had trikes and bikes stashed all over town..... (hope I haven't left any behind, lol) Now, my first reaction to this thread was shock that such a beautiful machine as this would be given away in a raffle, hence the bit of "passion" in my post..... I had no idea this was done by 3WW.com at Trike Fest... thats pretty awesome in my book. I'm sure everyone on this board has his or her own ideas on what they would have done upon winning this bike.... some would keep it forever, put it on a pedestal and never ride it... while others would part it out as soon as they reached home just to make a few bucks........ but thats the beauty of this forum... we all have our opinions... and I want to hear them all.... whether it may be "dude, that paint job is hideous" all the way to.... "if I had won that trike I would have... blah, blah".... You stated that you do not know me...well, for me it comes down to this......... if you are a three wheeled enthusiast you are a great guy in my book, by default. Now being a Chevy lover.... thats another story... just kidding, just kidding. But like I said bro... no harm was intended... just my two, which is the same as shooting from the hip, always too high or too low, just never on target.... :beer

Louis Mielke
02-12-2008, 10:55 AM
SO you didn't think posting this on 3ww wouldn't start an agruement then? Oh cmon Louis I thought you were smarter than that.

YES Chris, I did post this thinking that good old 3WW could talkabout this without starting an argument. I also already stated my main purpose was to make sure people saw his auction so maybe someone who won't part the thing for a fast buck might get the trike.

I'd like to thank you for attacking my inteligence though. I really appriciate that. I forget there are some people on this board who can't put thier two cents in and leave it alone. I don't see where an arugment has started until now.

I merely put the "lock smilies up" so they would lock this before it totally gets outta hand. MAybe I should of just posted the popcorn pic.. sat back... and watched instead. ?

You're not a mod chris. Yeah you can put any smilies up you want but its not your call if a thread needs locked.

Personally I could care less what the guy does with it. its his now to do what he wishes. that's my .o2 cents since everyone else seems to be giving theirs... why can't I?

You're perfectly intittled to in putting your two cents. Thanks for posting. And you're right, just as I've been saying THE WHOLE TIME, it is his to do with as he sees fit.

I'm not sure why anyone has any feathers ruffled, other than the fact that some of this might seem like a cut on the seller. I feel I've done my part to make sure everyone understands its NOT a personal attack on ANYONE.

Mr. Clean
02-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Louis and Threes Company,

I woke up this morning expecting you guys to rip me for my comments. You both are stand up guys and after re-reading your posts and your replies I do not want my comments to be taken as personal attacks on either of you, just defending a very good friend. We all share the same love of our trikes and riding in awesome places. If either of you are ever in AZ you are more than welcome in my home!!! PEACE!! :beer :TrikesOwn US.

Threes company
02-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Louis and Threes Company, We all share the same love of our trikes and riding in awesome places. If either of you are ever in AZ you are more than welcome in my home!!! PEACE!! :beer :TrikesOwn US.

:w00t: :beer

Dammit!
02-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Awww... I hate boring happy endings.

ATC-Eric
02-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Good game guys, good game! :beer

Louis Mielke
02-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Louis and Threes Company,

I woke up this morning expecting you guys to rip me for my comments. You both are stand up guys and after re-reading your posts and your replies I do not want my comments to be taken as personal attacks on either of you, just defending a very good friend. We all share the same love of our trikes and riding in awesome places. If either of you are ever in AZ you are more than welcome in my home!!! PEACE!! :beer :TrikesOwn US.

Thats what I'm saying man, nothing but love here. No reason for fighting.
It always works out when everyone is calm and respects each other.

Thanks to everyone who has gotten involved. This is how the internet and the whole WORLD should work.

SYKO
02-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Awww... I hate boring happy endings.

well if your looking for a fight, I heard that team red rider was coing to pay you a visit, something about a gay craigslist add you responded to and it was him??:naughty:

Dammit!
02-12-2008, 01:34 PM
well if your looking for a fight, I heard that team red rider was coing to pay you a visit, something about a gay craigslist add you responded to and it was him??:naughty:

The ad was for happy trike parts. It was a trap.

The Goat
02-12-2008, 04:32 PM
dude....like anyone would buy it! nobody buys machines on this board but barely! you know that!

syko we picked up three from you in two weeks. and two of them weren't even for sale. lol.

ps, your tires will go out as soon as I get a job, and get mine on the way.

as for that 200x...I'd sell it, I'm broke as all hell at the moment.

fla 2-stroke
02-12-2008, 06:24 PM
just saw this post.first off thanks mike and al for sticking up for me.the idea to sell this come from my son patrick.he has a z400 with elkas,kx 65 and rides my air and water cooled 250r's and 1 of 2 350x's all the time.I have 3 motercycles 6 trikes 2 4-wheelers and 3 jet skis.cant pass up a good deal,just like you guys but I have too much.I will be selling a lot soon.I bought raffle tickets to give to 3ww.I always approach raffles as a donation,but this time I won.the 200x sits patrick put all those miles on in 1 weekend.we ride at least twice a week but both like the faster stuff better.please dont hate me because anybody that knows me likes me,I'm a good guy.ebay was doing a $1 list deal so I put this and my 93 xt600 on.If I did not care about this trike I would part it out and get my 1200 easy.Im really am sorry this caused such a stir and made my friends jump behind me.bottem line is I have to much,fleet has rapidly grown and now is the time to get sell the least used stuff.

Louis Mielke
02-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey man! No one hates you, and thats not what this threads about. Its just about the raffle trike going to a good home. I for one am happy to see that its not getting parted. Please just make sure that it doesn't fall into the hands of someone who will part it.

Howdy
02-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Look at this another way: What if Curtis taken the Cash option? Would you expect him to keep the cash and not spend it? Interesting thought, ehh.
Whether it is a machine, cash, or other it's choice to with it what he wants.

just saw this post.first off thanks mike and al for sticking up for me.the idea to sell this come from my son patrick.he has a z400 with elkas,kx 65 and rides my air and water cooled 250r's and 1 of 2 350x's all the time.I have 3 motercycles 6 trikes 2 4-wheelers and 3 jet skis.cant pass up a good deal,just like you guys but I have too much.I will be selling a lot soon.I bought raffle tickets to give to 3ww.I always approach raffles as a donation,but this time I won.the 200x sits patrick put all those miles on in 1 weekend.we ride at least twice a week but both like the faster stuff better.please dont hate me because anybody that knows me likes me,I'm a good guy.ebay was doing a $1 list deal so I put this and my 93 xt600 on.If I did not care about this trike I would part it out and get my 1200 easy.Im really am sorry this caused such a stir and made my friends jump behind me.bottem line is I have to much,fleet has rapidly grown and now is the time to get sell the least used stuff.

Don't worry about the nay say'ers, the Trike was won Fair and square. Do with it what you want!!! You got my support as well.

Howdy