PDA

View Full Version : TF Hare Scramble rules, take a look, comment

ccdhowell
02-14-2008, 12:49 AM
I'd like to add this event to the TF schedule and have a couple guys willing to help me out so I thought the next step would be to post up some proposed rules. Since this is the first time we will run a Hare Scramble at TF all input on rules will be discussed and concidered. Since I am running the event with two helpers, we will decide on a final rules package and post it up at a latter time.

Classes:

Youth: 15 years and younger, any trike.
Ladies: Females over 15, any trike.
Open: Either gender over 15, any trike.

Course:

We will mark off a course using standard cross country arrows. Arrows will normally be placed to the inside of a turn. Rider must turn to the outside of the arrow, within 30 feet of the arrow. We will mark the course with orange or yellow tape in areas where it may be difficult to follow.

We will attempt to make the course between 10 and 15 miles in length.

Race:

I'd like to start the race at 9am on Friday morning.
The course will be completed by 3pm Thursday to allow time to practice on the course.
The start will be by class, dead engine, seperated by 60 seconds.
Once all machines are on the starting line, the starter will raise his/her arm fully in the air. This is the first lines signal to kill their engines. When the starter drops their arm, the race begins. Riders will start their trikes and proceed with the race.
Youth and Ladies classes will race for 60 minutes.
Open class will race for 120 minutes.

Awards will be given to the top three finishers in each class.

That's all I can think of. I do race in a XC series and their rulebook goes into detail defining the classes, but I don't think we need lots of classes this first race. Let's see how it goes before we muddy the water. I race a 2-stroke quad against 64 4-stroke quads and haven't felt I had a huge advantage or disadvantage in engine power. The race is so long and the course so varied it comes down more to rider than machine in most cases.

Chris

ATC-Eric
02-14-2008, 03:49 AM
Hey Chris, not sure but I think the poker run is Friday at 9 am??????

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Im all over this even Chris, we will have some fun this year!

ccdhowell
02-14-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't know when the poker run is. Is there a master schedule we can consult and add our event to?

I'll PM Billy and ask.

chris

OldSchoolin86
02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Just tossing in my 2 cents here so if it feels more like 2 dollars I apologize........;)

Friday is really crowded with events. Poker run, then hill climb, then a small break and into drag racing. 2pm Friday would give people plenty of time to relax for lunch and regroup after the hill climb but what about 9am on Saturday? That would give us a couple hours before MX and it would leave more of Friday afternoon for free time.

As for the race 10-15 miles would make for a really scattered out track and for safety reasons we might want to shorten it. Maybe a 2 lap deal on a shorter track that we can contain to a section of the park would be the better way to go. If we contain it to an area like marked on the map we wouldn't run the risk of crossing the major roadway trail that loops around. I think once we start crossing over that loop we put others at risk that aren't involved. We'd have good access for a starting point and could stay in the less popular area of the park. We could even use part of that dead end open run on the far side.

Also if you're looking for volunteers to help I'd be more then happy to do so.

http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/3ww/hairscramble.jpg

ccdhowell
02-17-2008, 09:57 PM
All good points indeed. I'm open to Saturday morning if that's what we would all want. As far as limiting the area/distance that's cool too, just trying to make it interesting for the racers. We can certainly try to make a 3 to 5 mile loop in a more isolated part of the park, works for me. I'd just like the opportunity to organize the event and see trike XC racing. I'd like to even race mine, but organizing is a bad way to participate. But, of course, I will want to "proof" the course we lay out.

Keep the ideas coming,

Chris

OldSchoolin86
02-18-2008, 03:26 PM
All good points indeed. I'm open to Saturday morning if that's what we would all want. As far as limiting the area/distance that's cool too, just trying to make it interesting for the racers. We can certainly try to make a 3 to 5 mile loop in a more isolated part of the park, works for me. I'd just like the opportunity to organize the event and see trike XC racing. I'd like to even race mine, but organizing is a bad way to participate. But, of course, I will want to "proof" the course we lay out.

Keep the ideas coming,

ChrisI'll have a couple good people from my camp that will volunteer to help set-up and run the race with you. I mean if you want to run your trike in the race too maybe we could get our heads together and make it happen. Most of my camp will be there like Thursday so what ever you need from us well be there to help. I can even get my boss to donate a bunch of caution tape to help mark the route. The ideas are flowin', this is going to be fun!

ccdhowell
02-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks man, that would be great. More helpers makes it better for everyone and bring the tape if you can.

Chris

brapp
02-19-2008, 11:54 AM
get ahol dof moose racign they have premade course markers also and for 150 of them thier rather cheap and then use the prange ribbon por whetever to mark the trail and use the caution tape fo the obtscales and more cautioned areas.