PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico and Southern Colorado riders

ccrider
06-02-2003, 03:34 PM
Help! Moving to your area and need to know where to ride and if there is a state organization or local clubs. Please help! Leaving a loved area in MN to be closer to family.

thanks, cc

ccrider
06-10-2003, 10:11 AM
I can't believe nobody on these boards is from NM or CO!

Like I said above, any help would be appreciated, I have hit a dead end.

Thanks, CC =)

smokinwrench
06-10-2003, 07:08 PM
I haven' seen to many people from Nm or Co on here, I know there are a couple. There is a bunch of use from Kansas and Oklahoma.

We are having a group ride June 20-22. Check out this link.

Josh
http://midwesttrikers.com/forum/index.php

CHAINSAW
06-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Im working out details for a possable Ride in NM next year. Probably near Red River, but it might be changed to Colorado. I can't give you a yes until the end of this year, and I finally get out to ride both.

ccrider
06-11-2003, 10:15 AM
OK Chainsaw, thanks. I'll be living in New Mexico by then so I'll hopefully know more and be able to help you too. Once I get there and get settled I'll post my info so we can ride together and plan something fun.

I'll probably head through your way on my move. Keep me posted. =)CC

CHAINSAW
06-11-2003, 08:24 PM
cool man.. Hey, find me a cheap running snowmobile while your up there. Im looking for one thats running for a project coming up, and there are not to many in the desert down here.

ccrider
06-12-2003, 10:29 AM
cool man...hey just so you know. I'm a girl. ;) But I hang with they guys, have since I was 11 and Daddys girl, heck I'm 35 and still daddys girl. I just have bigger toys now! haha (ok now don't get the wrong idea, I am a normal female I just play in the dirt instead of at the mall and no, I'm not ugly!)

Anyway, I can probably help you out with the snowmobile. Almost all of my friends have connections or a broken one that runs they want to sell.

What is cheap and what kind of project? My dad and I once built a sand dragging 3wheeler with a Rotax motor. Anyway, give me details. Also check with www.crashedtoys.com they area a salvage yard for atv's, motorcycles, snowmobiles, boats, etc... You bid like on ebay but there are some good deals to be had there.

So let me know. =)CC (initials first name Cheri)

CHAINSAW
06-12-2003, 06:51 PM
woops.. sorry for calling you a dude, not very often that a female finds her way to any 3 wheeler boards. Cheap to me is $200-$400. I have no idea what the going rate is, because as you can probably imagine, there are only a handful of snowmobiles in Kansas.
Ive been drawing plans, making plans on a single seater sand rail. Like a Honda Pilot, or Odyssey, but with a lot more HP. Ive seen them with motorcycle motors, but I dont like the makeshift shifters and clutches. A Rotax would have plenty of power to ride a wheelie up a hill, and be a lot more reliable then a air cooled oil burning 4 stroke. That and the no clutch thing would rock!
I have never worked on a rotax, so I know nothing about them (is why I would like one thats running) I figure it wont be to much harder then any other 2 stroke, because I know them inside and out.
If you know of any, even if they are a little more expensive then that, lemme know.

So when are ya planning on moving down, and what brings you down here if you dont mind me asking.

CHAINSAW
06-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Hey, shoot me an email sometime.. its easier then doing it here.. lol
midwesttrikers@yahoo.com