PDA

View Full Version : what a great way to start my vacation : / update. 2/20/08

DarkestGKnight
02-16-2008, 09:39 AM
well last night i broke my thumb and need surgery and pins put in isnt that great. well i might not be on here for a while now its sucks. and my parts for my dirtbike are coming soon and now i cant run it.

Dirtcrasher
02-16-2008, 11:53 AM
How did you manage to break it?

DarkestGKnight
02-16-2008, 12:31 PM
i fell down some stairs, i have to wait 2 days before i go to a doctor to check it out then see if i need surgery most likey the hospital said.

Blazer
02-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Good luck, hopefully it won't require surgery. One benefit from a different perspective: at least you didn't have to take off work due to the injury and lose any additional pay. I know the feeling of being sick/hurt on your time off though, it sucks.

DarkestGKnight
02-16-2008, 01:07 PM
it does but also i have tech everyday were we build outboards and dirtbikes etc, and all my dirtbikes are there so i have nothin to do cause im not aloud in the tech building till i fully heal.

RedRider_AK
02-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Man that's bum-tastic. I feel for ya. Good thing you only broke your thumb and not your neck!

200x Basket
02-16-2008, 06:22 PM
that sucks. I dislocated my left thumb at the last joint about 15 years ago. it still pops LOUD. every morning after i wake up it pops :)

super90
02-16-2008, 07:10 PM
I know what its like to not be able to do anything. I broke my wrist and have to use my right hand to do everything. Its sure a p.i.t.a to even open a bottle or make some food. Atleast you have 4 fingers left to do things with.

DarkestGKnight
02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
yea man it sucks im so bored sitting in the house, im always on here now, but im glad i did it now and not towards the summer thats riding season and cause i hate winter anyway i dont go out. but yea trying to get dressed with one hand sucks specually since i wear tight jeans lol.

RedRider_AK
02-16-2008, 08:43 PM
since i wear tight jeans lol.

:lol: :lol: Trying to attract the ladies with the old "rolled up socks" trick? :naughty:

smokinwrench
02-16-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm right with ya with a broken foot. Been 3 weeks on crutches and more then likely several togo . I find out Wednesday if I need surgery.

DarkestGKnight
02-16-2008, 10:45 PM
lmao redrider ak and yea smokinwrench it sucks i want the surgery to happen now so i know i can relax but what can ya do.

smokinwrench
02-17-2008, 10:37 AM
I went 100% crazy the first few days being off work.

Now I have been spending my time oranizing stuff for youth wrestling. I have been getting stuff ready for our tournament March 8 also organizing a poker run sponsered by the wrestling club. Going around and asking for donations form bike shops and such getting waivers ready.

We are attempting the first ever Sand & Street Poker Run. Trikes, quads and bikes will run the dried up Arkansas river for about 50 miles. All street machines will run a big loop stopping at all the bike shops. All are going to stop at our city park at the same time for a BBQ. This is a huge undertaking.

DarkestGKnight
02-20-2008, 07:56 PM
well i went to the doctor today and he had to reaset the bone most painful thing i ever went through i almost passed out and i was sweating so bad. i still may need surgery to bad part was he didnt give me medicine before he did it, only after a huge needle to lol, it wasnt my thumb i broke it was my hand , jeez does it ever end.