PDA

View Full Version : Found a 200s, and got smoked in a race

Yamaha_Rules69
06-02-2003, 03:50 PM
Today I was very suprised. I went over to my friends new house, and there in the back of some bushes was a 1985 Honda 200s! (had the front fork shocks too) The thing was very clean, but we didnt think it would run. It must have been sitting out all last year, including winter. There were a bunch of leaves in the air box. The seat and gastank were missing, so we looked for them. We found the gas tank in the garage, and it was also very clean, and no rust!! It had some gas in it, so we figured we would give it a try, and hook it up. So we put it on, pulled the thing over twice, and it fired right up!!! He got on it, and we rode for about two hours. lol. It would die every once in a while, probly because the carb was a little dirty.
Well anyway, i figured my 84' Yamaha Tri Moto 200 would smoke it bad, so i challenged him to a race. I guess I'll keep my mouth shut from now on, because I was left in the dust. That thing hauled trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro! Well he's going to try and figure out who owns it for sure, and try to buy it. I guess he heard something about how the guy was going to take the engine out of it, and put it on this POS gocart. I told him that would be a waste of a good trike, and he should buy it from the guy before something bad happens to it. Just a little story i thought i would share.

ATC crazy
06-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Did ya ever change the oil??

yamaha200E
06-02-2003, 05:47 PM
or the gas cause if the gas was sitting there it must of been old.

Yamaha_Rules69
06-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Yeah, im pretty sure the gas was old. We looked at the oil and it looked just black. He's probly going to get new gas and oil in it soon im sure. I was kinda disapointed when he beat me racing tho. We also compared weight by picking both machines up. The 200s seemed a LOT lighter than my Yamaha did. The 200s actually looks really good, I would say semi-mint, besides the seat missing, and a small crack in the front fender. The tires still have really good tread too, and I'm sure their the originals. I think he's going to try and buy it for $100 or $200. That would be such a steal.

soon2becomeaowner
06-05-2003, 12:53 AM
That's unbelievable! I have an 1984 200s. That makes me feel good hearing a 200s beating another trike in a race.

Wickedfinger
06-05-2003, 01:14 AM
.... so let me get this straight - you guys "stole" somebody's ride and raced it?.

cmracer15
06-05-2003, 11:49 AM
Yah ididnt quite pickupon what your saying???ok..you FOUND trike in a bush....went in the mans garage????took his gas tank and went riding with his trike?...Was the guy home when you did all this?

Yamaha_Rules69
06-05-2003, 10:38 PM
We didnt "steal" anything. The guy who owned the trike left it at the house that my friend just moved into. He dosent give a crap about it, if he did, why would he leave it there to rot?? The owner hasnt picked it up yet, and it has been sitting there for a year or more. If he wants it back, he can have it back. I dont think he really cares about it in the first place tho. When we found it, pieces of it were scattered all over the place, and all the tires were flat. Why not have a little fun? twisted