PDA

View Full Version : Excellent time@TF03!!

als250
06-02-2003, 04:58 PM
Had a great time at Haspin! Was good to finally meet/talk/ride with the guys from the sight. Rode more that week-end than any other time I can remember. Burned almost 8 gal. fuel thru the sx :twisted: , couldn't get enough! Was a little muddy Sat. a.m., couldn't find anybody else to ride, so me and my buddies went out! Haspin mud is fun to play in, but SUCKS to clean off!LMAO All the cleaning was well worth it! ;)
Big thanks to Howdy for making it all happen(and the flaps).I think he worked on machines etc. more than he got to ride! The guy just never quits giving!! Thanks again Howdy!! :clap :clap :clap
John(trikefest chef) and Li-way(Mrs.(co-) trikefest chef) did an outstanding job. The deep fried turkeys and chili dogs were excellent!! Thanks again!! :clap :clap :clap
Have also got to mention Tri-Z Jim's awesome riding ability! He rides that Blaster like it was an extension of himself! When we went on group ride, I would take short cuts to get in line behind him so I could watch him ride! Jim, ...you the man!! :clap :clap :clap
Was real pleasure to meet Hagen! Had a great time riding with him also! As someone already stated, after talking to him makes me appreciate the parks and availability of machines and parts we have here. Rode with him a few times,good times!! :clap :clap :clap
To all those I haven't mentioned, THANKS for being there. Every sigle person there made TF03 an unforgettable exprience! I have tons of pics so here's a few:(1) Howdy's 1/2 car and banner (2)me and buddies after Sat a.m. ride-me on right (3) Tri-Z Jim playing on DEVILS BACKBONE!! :twisted:

That's all for now, I'll post more later! Sure I forgot some things.

Al

jeswinehart
06-02-2003, 05:33 PM
yes, same here ,,,, had a stinking ball !

met many new faces to put with names i've known for some time + met new fella's + their friends.
just a great time all around,,,,,, love it !

john + liway

als250
06-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Almost fogot Timsr.. :oops: great guy also! Just came across pic of him on the"BACKBONE"(on his trike)! Showed 'em all, 3 wheelers are still alive!
Way to go Tim!! :clap :clap :clap

couple more pics of my sx and how sticky Haspin clay is :D

Al

YAMAHA_Jim
06-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanx als250s,I wished there were more BIG rocks to play on @ haspin.The streambed that leads out of the bottom of DevilsBackbone is alot tougher to ride than the backbone is.I think Tim.sr would agree. I went up the streambed on thursday(alone) because the trails were too slippery to climb after it rained. THE BACKBONE RIDE>>>The ride down was just as much fun as going up.Helps to have good breaks and not lock them up.Only MIK6 was able to see all the troubles I had climbing the bottom of the Backbone.(he walked down)The bottom of the hill(close to 45 degree angle or better)only had 1 good line where the blaster wouldnt hang up,and it had a jagged rock that left its mark on my front rim every time i went by it.The bottom was the most challenging to get over.
The middle section was fairly smooth and still steep.The top was just sharp jagged rocks that were covered with a bit of Haspin dirt to make them slippery.I only did the wheelies on the top for the photos/movies.The Backbone looks alot worse looking up from the bottom.
The log riding was fun to.I dont think of my riding ability as anything great.I just go ride and practice going where ATV's werent meant to go.
Al,cant wait to see you next time.Maybe then you will take that Honda out of the truck:)

als250
06-04-2003, 01:52 AM
Thanx als250s,I wished there were more BIG rocks to play on @ haspin.The streambed that leads out of the bottom of DevilsBackbone is alot tougher to ride than the backbone is.I think Tim.sr would agree. I went up the streambed on thursday(alone) because the trails were too slippery to climb after it rained. THE BACKBONE RIDE>>>The ride down was just as much fun as going up.Helps to have good breaks and not lock them up.Only MIK6 was able to see all the troubles I had climbing the bottom of the Backbone.(he walked down)The bottom of the hill(close to 45 degree angle or better)only had 1 good line where the blaster wouldnt hang up,and it had a jagged rock that left its mark on my front rim every time i went by it.The bottom was the most challenging to get over.
The middle section was fairly smooth and still steep.The top was just sharp jagged rocks that were covered with a bit of Haspin dirt to make them slippery.I only did the wheelies on the top for the photos/movies.The Backbone looks alot worse looking up from the bottom.
The log riding was fun to.I dont think of my riding ability as anything great.I just go ride and practice going where ATV's werent meant to go.
Al,cant wait to see you next time.Maybe then you will take that Honda out of the truck:)

:D :D :D MAYBE!! :D :D :D

(been waitin' to hear sh%t about the x ;) )

The log riding was also cool! 8) Don't know if anybody got it on film though. Hope so! Also hope somebody got your show on the hill(between shelter and camp)! Hope to ride with you again sometime,was awesome!

Al