PDA

View Full Version : ATV's and CPSC are getting more popular unfoutunately READ

ATC crazy
06-02-2003, 07:03 PM
This is a quote from the magazine I just got today:

"Are ATV's dangerous? Yes, says a report by the U.S. Consumer Product Saftey Commission (CPSC). As reported in the Los Angeles Times, the CPSC's report found that the number of ATV injuries requiring emergency room treatment rose 104% from 1997-2001. Yet the same report said that ATV sales rose 124% during that period, so it sounds like the machines are actually getting safer, not riskier. One grim statistic of the report: Of the more than 4,500 Americans killed while riding ATV's between 1982 and 2001, nearly 40% were under the age 16. Watch those kids Dammit!"

This was in 4Wheel & Off-Road

In that same issue there is a couple pages of ATV accessories too.

yamaha200E
06-02-2003, 07:34 PM
its just like it was last time they goin to ban them again just beacaus kids(i am 14)but kids that dont know how to ride get a hold of them and hurt them self. example my friend bought a brand new z400 and was riding on two wheels when he only had it for 2 days and this was his first one and he smaked a tre goin bout 40 and put him self in the hospital! and im gettin so mad sitting here thyinking bout this and i just wanta hit every single one of them arse holse in the cspcs or what ever they called! kyle