PDA

View Full Version : Internet Help PLEASE!!!

icp4life162005
02-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Heres the deal, I have cable internet with a 6Mb+ connection. Every speed test I run come up GREAT! BUT pages load rather slow(fast dial-up speed) and downloads can be a pain. and ares won't download anything. Anyone have any ideas? this is really starting to piss me off! I have even tried a direct connection to my cable modem to no avail. This is on a very fresh XP install. And would anyone have a cheap 64MB+ PCI video card lying around that you would give up for a few bucks? I also forgot to mention that pages or pics will sometimes not load up.

icp4life162005
02-20-2008, 07:49 AM
No one can offer any help?

RedRider_AK
02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
I have the same problem with Ares. I think it has to do with firewall settings or an update, something of that nature. Just get a different P2P sharing program. I've had SoulSeek for a while with no problems.

As far as pages loading, what is are your cache and cookie settings?

atctim
02-20-2008, 01:59 PM
what browser are you using? If you are using Internet Exploder - stop that right now - get Firefox or Opera - they are both free downloads and can be found with a simple google search. Again - repeat - if you are using internet Exploder - STOP USING IT - IT IS GARBAGE!!!

SmurfanCoke
02-20-2008, 03:40 PM
What firewall & anti-virus are you running?

icp4life162005
02-20-2008, 08:51 PM
i only use firefox!(lasts 3 or 4 years now!) no firewall. From some of the research I found, it is my isp illegally blocking the ports and connections by inserting bogus data packets with scrambled data. there is a lawsuit right now against Comcast for it.