PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!!!!!!!!!

edog
02-19-2008, 07:56 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Z50RD-honda-z50-z50r-minitrail-hondaline-special-chrome-z50rd_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6708QQihZ021QQite mZ310024645789QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohos ting

Orangecnty250r
02-19-2008, 08:19 AM
I heard about these bikes in a conversation with a collector last week (not the seller) I beleive he paid 7500.00 a piece for them.

Bryan Raffa
02-19-2008, 08:29 AM
holy collection of Z 50's batman!! thats just astonishing:drool:

Brockey
02-19-2008, 08:53 AM
WOW. That is amazing. I bet they could fetch a nice dollar. I know around here everyone wants one but that price is alot for one of them too.

Orangecnty250r
02-19-2008, 09:53 AM
The rumor on the street was he wanted a couple hundred thousand for the whole enchalata

chris200x
02-19-2008, 09:59 AM
What good are they to anyone if the're tucked away in somone's basement hidden from the rest of the world.

I just dont get it.....

RedRider_AK
02-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Man oh man, that is hot. I just found one of those in my neighbors garage (not in great shape and not a chrome special), disassembled in a box! :lol:

I sure hope he gets a good price for those! Those things are HOT!

jasonb01
02-19-2008, 11:07 PM
At what point do you need that many Honda mini bikes? I mean how much money do you have that you can spend it on that many bikes? To stash in the basement at that? Anyone know what this guy does for a living? No doubt if I ever hit the Lotto I would have 1 of each on display, but man, that guy is out the box. It's cool and all, but man. I gotta think that these crate bikes, especially 3 wheelers, are just a handful.
If I had the money, I would buy those and show one and give the other to my son to dog the piss out of. It would be hard to have a collection of bikes that I don't ride. Especially if they were just on show for me and my friends. Something like that bike dealer that has the old trikes hanging from the ceilings is how it should be. On display for people to see, and draw business at the same time.
Just my thoughts.

250SX
02-20-2008, 03:05 AM
If I had the money, I would buy those and show one and give the other to my son to dog the piss out of.
Just my thoughts.

That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. :crazy:

Howdy
02-20-2008, 06:40 AM
That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. :crazy:

I agree with you 100% Dan!!!
Howdy

edog
02-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Theres a bid.:eek:

Chevy200s
02-20-2008, 03:18 PM
At what point do you need that many Honda mini bikes? I mean how much money do you have that you can spend it on that many bikes? It would be hard to have a collection of bikes that I don't ride. Just my thoughts.

I agree man, I'm all for keeping the old machines around for the next generation but I also realize they were built to be ridden, its not a painting or a sculpture its a little dirtbike. While I realize it has that importance to some people we all buy things for different reasons. And I dont think its dumb to say that you would save one to show and ride the other like its meant to be ridden. The only reason to call that dumb would be to say that would lower its value, but if you can afford to buy machines in this condition you must have the cash to do it, so if you want a rider and a show bike thats what you do with it, obviously your not too worried about the resale value. Not trying to be a pain or argue just my thoughts...

The Goat
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
look guys, I won't lie, if i had two...i'd ride one. there's no doubt in my mine. And i'd sell the other one on ebay. A bike that cannot be ridden is of no use to me. Yes, I understand the historical value, but guess what, I'll sell it to someone else to keep it for that historical value. I don't want it, and don't need it.

The bike's are meant to be ridden, and buying something like that is the closest that any of us will ever get to being able to ride a brand new trike. Would I beat the piss out of it, no, but I'd ride it. And to those of you who wouldn't, think about why you got into this in the first place.

vintagemotorsports
02-20-2008, 05:34 PM
I have been doing this a long time and know the percentage of brand new bikes out there , never mind 2 still in the crate . these bikes have been preserved this long they need to stay this way period . all these guys saying just ride it dont understand the whole collectability aspect of this type of bike . if you want a bike to ride either buy a new bike or a vintage bike thats been used already and enjoy it . but fueling up any of these bikes is plain stupid . I think the buyer of these will do what i think he will with them . Mike

The Goat
02-20-2008, 06:16 PM
i was actually speaking of trikes...not these.

to be honest, i'd likely sell both, then either buy a new 4wheeler, or have a bike built for me.

Orangecnty250r
02-20-2008, 07:11 PM
I agree riding any one of these is a decision Forest Gump may make. They were made in the day to be ridden but that was yesterday.... there are plenty of sweet ones out there to ride...Way to many reasons not to ride them...Preservation, history, to show, for a private collector to enjoy "privately" and reminensce Who cares if someone buys one to stare at in there living room...what works to make each person happy is different.

jasonb01
02-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Sorry to piss everyone off by saying I would actually ride one if I had the money to buy them. But what's the difference? If I have "x" amount of dollars and you have "x" amount of dollars and we bought a certain machine. I ride mine, not destroy it, but ride it. You buy yours and stash it in the basement for you to enjoy and every now and then a friend of your's can see it if he's lucky. Both of them technically can't be enjoyed by anyone else until, I sell it, or you die and someone finds it in your basement. I have nothing wrong with stashing bikes in the basement, hell set in on fire if you so desire, it all balls down to it's your money and you can do whatever you want with it. Me personally, I could not have a bike that I never put gas in.

And I'm not a retard for saying that I would let my son ride it. I just have a different opinion than some, and on the same note, some have the same opinion as me.

The Goat
02-21-2008, 02:10 AM
and jason...you can't have basements here...don't forget that.

stoney420
02-21-2008, 03:01 AM
not to hijack thread, but u cant have basements in LA? whats the reason behind that, if there is one?

The Goat
02-21-2008, 04:06 AM
because if you take a shovel...and dig 3 ft or so down, you'll hit water...and plenty of it.

i dug a post hole the other day and hit water at two feet...at three feet it started gushing and basically filled the entire hole.

you can have a basement...but it will flood...a lot.

edog
02-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Just a guess how much do you guy's think they will bring?

1oilguy
02-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Sorry to piss everyone off by saying I would actually ride one if I had the money to buy them. But what's the difference? If I have "x" amount of dollars and you have "x" amount of dollars and we bought a certain machine. I ride mine, not destroy it, but ride it. You buy yours and stash it in the basement for you to enjoy and every now and then a friend of your's can see it if he's lucky. Both of them technically can't be enjoyed by anyone else until, I sell it, or you die and someone finds it in your basement. I have nothing wrong with stashing bikes in the basement, hell set in on fire if you so desire, it all balls down to it's your money and you can do whatever you want with it. Me personally, I could not have a bike that I never put gas in.

And I'm not a retard for saying that I would let my son ride it. I just have a different opinion than some, and on the same note, some have the same opinion as me.

Not to flog this to death. Certainly the owner of an inanimate object (trike/bike/whatever) may do with it as they please. But if you decide to spend far more (10x plus) than the market value of an everyday rider surely you would have the common sense not to destroy it's value buy riding it. Unless you make an enormous amount of money or didn't work for your money. (inheritance/lottery/etc). Rich people get rich and stay that way by NOT throwing it away. Should you find one like this I'm sure you would rather have 10 riders or one and a pile of cash to do with as you please rather than than destroy something of value.

The Goat
02-21-2008, 09:19 PM
21 edog...that's what i'm guessing

whyzee
02-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Just a guess how much do you guy's think they will bring?

I will be surprised if they even make the reserve! That took some balls to buy them for $7500 a piece...wow...very risky, yet one of a kind. Gonna be a fun one to watch. GetNosty is on a tear this year in finding nice bikes, cant wait till he gets his hands on a 85 or 86 250R

Chevy200s
02-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Not to flog this to death. Certainly the owner of an inanimate object (trike/bike/whatever) may do with it as they please. But if you decide to spend far more (10x plus) than the market value of an everyday rider surely you would have the common sense not to destroy it's value buy riding it. .

warning, If you dont like reading skip my post haha

Good points and I also dont want to beat a dead horse, but I still think that he who has the cash to buy it is free to decide how to use it. Think about it like this, if you had a bike just like that as a kid, the chrome one and everything and you want to find that same bike for you or your kid to ride. Not only that but you want one that is as good as new and will behave just like the one you had, that $13000 or so for 2 of them might not seem so crazy. look at the guys dropping huge $$$ on the 450 conversions, to have a bike that is completely brand new and exactly what you want is worth a lot.

I'll let it go its clear that I just dont have the popular view on this thats cool, I just think of when I go to an old tractor show, you see some machines there unrestored in mint shape that look like their out of a time capsule, some over 80 years old. Talk about having trouble finding discontinued parts, think about when the company has been gone for 60 years, its impossible. Add that some of these have values in the 6 digit range, and still you hear em run and drive off the trailer. Theres nothing like watching those machines going through a field or pulling a wagon, its almost like going back in time to seeing how it used to be.

For me, I was born in 85 so to see a machine like these bikes or a 72 honda ATC 90 in mint shape being ridden carefully is the coolest thing because I dont have those memories of watching it, and it sucks when 90% or the few still around are stuck under glass cases. then again I guess that does keep em around longer for future generations to see what they looked like. Oh well just an opinion, and I bet they will bring about $19,000.

saleen_n_around
02-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Since I have a Z50A, I always check on that stuff on ebay, but here is an OMG!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-z50-z50r-minitrail-hondaline-special-chrome-z50rd_W0QQitemZ310024645789QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m310024645789

And just so it's trike related.....check out the 350X that the dude has also....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Honda-ATC-350X-hondaline-original-mint-rare_W0QQitemZ310024931560QQihZ021QQcategoryZ6724Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Havoxx
02-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Jesus christ, who in their right mind would pay $13,000 for a little old bike lol.

Ryan.
02-22-2008, 12:25 AM
i almost crapped my pants when i saw the 350x...

saleen_n_around
02-22-2008, 12:33 AM
That would be a LITTLE NEW BIKE!!!!!

Havoxx
02-22-2008, 12:39 AM
That would be a LITTLE NEW BIKE!!!!!

more specific little NOS bike :P.

saleen_n_around
02-22-2008, 12:42 AM
All, I know is that's a whole lot of hookers and boob jobs for what he's asking.

SCEADU
02-22-2008, 02:12 AM
I saw an 81 R that was restoed and customized afew weeks ago on EBAY. The buy it now I think was $18,000 and the bids were up to $9,000. There are peeps out there that just want it at all costs.

ditchmud
02-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Same guy has a 350x for sale too. Looks like it's clean! Too bad I can only afford something I can ride, not look at. The apretiation value of these machines is crazy! Maybe I should go buy a new machine in a crate and sell it in 20 years. should bring more interest than the bank will give me, even sounds better than my 401k. quite a nest egg for retirement!

The Goat
02-22-2008, 04:09 AM
you know...looking at the side of that engine...not to be a pessimist...but it isn't in THAT good of shape... i mean I think he should have put the reserve a 4000....maybe 5, any more than that and he's just being foolish.

Donzi26zx
02-23-2008, 09:05 AM
What do you guys think that the 350X is worth realistically? I am thinking of pulling the trigger on it. I also have a mint condition 1986 totally restored 250R. I would be nice to have one of each.:wondering

edog
02-23-2008, 01:55 PM
They had a old Z50 for sale at my local Honda dealer 2 years ago fully restored for $500.It was yellow.

Brockey
02-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Guy here had a red one that never went thru a tank of gas and stored in a house. Had a job to sell it for $1000.

stoney420
02-23-2008, 10:08 PM
wow 25,000 and reserve still not met, holy %$^#!

edog
02-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Who hooo now were cooking with gas!!!!!!!!

Orangecnty250r
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
34,000!!!!

Brockey
02-26-2008, 06:24 PM
They are truely getting expensive now. I think I'm gonna chrome dip my 50 when I builds it. lol.

ATC-Eric
02-26-2008, 10:29 PM
34,000!!!!

AND the reserve HAS NOT BEEN MET!!!!!!!!!!

Thats crazy!

saleen_n_around
02-26-2008, 11:37 PM
I wonder how many people he's got riding the bids up....

200x Basket
02-27-2008, 11:37 PM
I wonder how many people he's got riding the bids up....

that is what i am thinking.

Orangecnty250r
02-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Yes I was thinking a few people "know the reserve" and are getting it close without HAVING to buy it :lol:

whyzee
02-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Yes I was thinking a few people "know the reserve" and are getting it close without HAVING to buy it :lol:

I wasn't going to say it...;)

edog
02-28-2008, 08:11 AM
This is great!!!

vintagemotorsports
02-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Yea something is going on with the bidding , Lets be honest if you had money and you were really going to go for it why in the hell would you bid so far from the end of the auction and the bids have jumped almost 10K in one hit just doesnt look right . The guy is crazy if this is real and he doesnt take 50K for them . I work directley with Honda japan and I know they would not pay anywhere near what its up to now . will be interesting to see where it ends up Mike

3Wheelers4Life
02-28-2008, 04:49 PM
yea, this is really something, imagine if they were 87 ATC250R's hehe.
anyway, read the questions from the other ebayers.

he said the reserve is $89,000 :eek: wonder if he'll get it????

jasonb01
02-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't think he has or had any intentions on selling them.

I think he has 3 motives for this auction:
1. To show off his collection and let people see he has these crate bikes. He is on the front page of the Pulse sites, so ALOT of people know who he is now and that he has the goods.
2. To gauge what they may be worth to someone out there.
3. To generate bids for the 350x and the other mini bike he has listed. I guarantee that those bikes would not have had as much attention if it was not for everyone checking out the crate bikes and clicking on "seller's other auctions".

I am done with this auction. To me it is bogus and they will not sell. The guy is a crazy if he thinks anyone would pay 89000 freaking dollars for those 2 mini bikes.

I didn't win the Powerball last weekend, but if I had, I would have still bought them and let my son ride the hell out of one of them. :cool: :wondering :crazy: :lol:

edog
02-28-2008, 06:09 PM

1. To show off his collection and let people see he has these crate bikes. He is on the front page of the Pulse sites, so ALOT of people know who he is now and that he has the goods.
3. To generate bids for the 350x and the other mini bike he has listed. I guarantee that those bikes would not have had as much attention if it was not for everyone checking out the crate bikes and clicking on "seller's other auctions".

I am done with this auction. To me it is bogus and they will not sell. The guy is a crazy if he thinks anyone would pay 89000 freaking dollars for those 2 mini bikes.

I didn't win the Powerball last weekend, but if I had, I would have still bought them and let my son ride the hell out of one of them. :cool: :wondering :crazy: :lol:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Chevy200s
02-28-2008, 06:36 PM

I agree, plus its always hard to know whats really going on with stuff sold on ebay, seems lately like everyone's just playing games and nothings getting sold, I'll stick with craigslist and barn finds for now.

I was just thinking it would be pretty to cool to find a bike you've always been looking for to ride in the crate, and be able to build it and ride it and have a brand new machine unlike anyother. before we all start flaming away I realize theres other bikes out there to do that with besides these I agree, just dont often see bikes in the crate so using this as an example. anyways, I'm interested to see how high it goes

whyzee
02-28-2008, 06:57 PM

I think you are dead on correct!

Brockey
02-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Ya I agree, its bogus and hes gotta have buddies driving the bids up. I was talking to the manager at the local Honda shop here. He laughed at it. He said I could build a NOS mint z50 just not the chrome one for ya and it would be under $2500.

Orangecnty250r
02-28-2008, 08:43 PM
89,000000 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bahhhhhh haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeh right

ATC-Eric
02-28-2008, 09:29 PM
IT wont happen.

I think I will throw a bid down though. Theres no way I could afford thoughs bikes, I would just like the thrill of throwing down a bid of $60000 on a couple of bikes! :lol:

whyzee
02-28-2008, 09:32 PM
IT wont happen.

I think I will throw a bid down though. Theres no way I could afford thoughs bikes, I would just like the thrill of throwing down a bid of $60000 on a couple of bikes! :lol:

LOL,I just did, 60K, reserve still not met.....

ATC-Eric
02-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Its done. Nobodys gonna touch that price!

ATC-Eric
02-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I dont think he should have listed his reserve. If he hadnt, he could have gotten a few of those in the heat of the moment bids.

Since he gave people time to think about it, to many will say no way.

EDIT! The highest bidder right now has 0 feedback. Suprise.

Tri-ZNate
02-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm waiting for a repeat auction from a scammer

Orangecnty250r
02-28-2008, 11:15 PM
I am into spending money on this hobby and get crazy with the "not worth this or not worth that people" BUT.......this was ridiculous and a waste of everybody's time and a total scam!!!!!

whyzee
02-29-2008, 08:04 AM
I am into spending money on this hobby and get crazy with the "not worth this or not worth that people" BUT.......this was ridiculous and a waste of everybody's time and a total scam!!!!!

Total scam OC is right. I dont think there was 1 real bid on the bikes. I ended up the high bidder..lol.... under a new user I created

Dirtcrasher
02-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Did the seller ever contact you??

whyzee
02-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Did the seller ever contact you??

Not a peep! I dont think those bikes are worth more than 3K a piece max. Maybe less......alot less. They still make 50's ,granted they are not the Z50 Chrome Christmas special, but I know 2 dealers who got them, never sold them , never rode them. One would have taken $1200 for it. I didn't even think it was worth that.
Yes they are special and blah blah blah, but they still make 2wheel dirt bikes! Now if they were crated 86 ATC250R's , I could see 10K a piece, maybe....but not in this economy!
I just passed on a beautiful 85 250R, all original for $1700....I didn't think I could resell it and make enough money to go through the hassle. I already own one?? Last year I sold an 85 for $5600 ! Different year this year guys, notice how many beautiful bikes are being parted out. That is the only way to make money right now, just to keep us riding.

e.alleg
03-01-2008, 11:28 PM
I've seen this type of B.S. before, it's just sleazy marketing. Over twenty thousand people looked over that auction, and when they look at his other items they suddenly seen to be worth more. All of a sudden it isn't just another detailed 350x, but a low hour ultra rare collectors item. $89,000 reserve? Holy smokes the ebay fees must have been huge.

edog
03-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the board!!!!!!!

I see your a power seller.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZe.alleg

e.alleg
03-02-2008, 12:14 AM
That's me! Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking for a while and finally registered, this is great site.

edog
03-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Grab a chair a beer and stay awhile.There's lot's of entertainment around these parts!!!!