PDA

View Full Version : Why Why Why

MustangChris
06-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Is it so hard to sell my 3-wheelers? Alot have people have come to look at them and all decided not to buy. Either wrong for what they need it for, kids don't need something like that or comparing it to a mod. 250r. Am I asking to much?

84 Kaw. Tecate
New fenders, two sets of tires "gators & dirt tires on rims", new gaskets, new rings, rebuilt carb.

85 Kaw. Tecate
Needs head cyl. and muffler pipe to run. Good fenders, tires, chrome alm. rims.

Trailer with new lights and tires
helmet
spark plugs and cleaner.

All for 1300.

Howdy
06-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Some times you will get a lot of lookers and no buyers. I get that all the time. It seems that when they do sell then 20 people "Have the Cash to buy them".
I wouldn't think your too out of line on price. But then I don't know the Older Tecate Prices.
Howdy

Jeb
06-03-2003, 01:34 PM
I love Tecates and am the #1 fan of each and every one made. BUT, if you have an add with no pic, such as in a local paper and people see Tecate they think of the 86/87 KXT or that it looks like a green 85/86 ATC250R. The plain sad truth is the 84/85 Tecate is the ugliest High Performance ATV ever produced, especially an 84 in stock form. This could be a reason people back out on you. Personally if it was me trying to sell, I'd take all the best parts and put them on the 85 Frame, including the running engine. everthing will bolt right up. Then sell it as a nice running 85 with an 84 parts bike. With the 85 you get a more modern machine, with the front disc brake and aluminum rims. I would be honest that the motor is the out of the 84, but that they are practically the same.

Another thing that dissappoints me is that I don't have an extra $1300 to come take them off your hands! :(

MustangChris
06-03-2003, 11:50 PM
They just came out in the cycletrader last week. I've had a few people call and want to come look at them, but no buyers yet.

TrikeKid
06-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Hey Chris do you know anything about KLT 200's ?