PDA

View Full Version : Really stupid easy Outlook Express problem...

Dirtcrasher
02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
I clicked something too fast when I opened an email and now anything I open is shoved to the right so far that I'm missing an inch of text and the max,min and close button. So.... I have to use file and close to end my view.

WTF did I do? Tried to drag it, no dice. I think dragging it f'd it up in the 1st place.

I have restarted the POS. I have checked view, layout etc etc and I just cannot get this back where it was.

Windows ME and OE version 6.

I can't believe how such an easy thing can be impossible to figure out and I feel like a complete idiot. YES I DO HAVE A MANUAL!! but I cannot figure this out....

HELP!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU :TrikesOwn

atctim
02-21-2008, 11:45 PM
If you can grab any part of the top most part of the window - above the words file - you should be able to drag it back.

Than again - try right clicking the bottom window (status bar - to the right of the START button) - and chose maximize

Dirtcrasher
02-22-2008, 05:44 PM
No dice, I'm gonna throw this thing out the window if I can't fix it!!!!

I'm 90% sure I just have to drag it but it won't grab the side or a corner.

PLEASE, WHAT DO I DO KIDS!!!!!!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Danold
02-22-2008, 07:15 PM
First, stop. look around. pick up the heaviest object in the room....you can figure the rest out:naughty:

Havoxx
02-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Hell, get rid of outlook, that's your first problem, get thunderbird, http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/ it's 100x better, and more stable :P, should import all your *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* from outlook too.

Oh yea, and if your still using internet explorer, more mistakes, get firefox, it's a lot more secure, and more stable as well ;).

Dirtcrasher
02-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. BUT, I want to keep my email address and I'm generally very happy with the OE and Mozzilla as a browser.

PLEASE GUYS - STAY ON TRACK!!

WTF do I have to do here?? Restart didn't do it, dragging, changing, yelling - how the hell do I fix the friggin windo when I open a message from jetting left wher I cannot get the min max or close button!!

atctim
02-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Post up a screen shot so we can see what it looks like please. A picture is worth 1000 words. If I can see how it looks - I can edit the picture for you to se what to do. If you don;t know how to take a screen shot - please google it.

EDIT - ah heck - I am feeling generous

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108297