PDA

View Full Version : Going green

hrc200x
02-24-2008, 11:52 PM
I was watching a show on fine living channel today, basically it was about what all you can do to be more eco friendly/going green. This has got to be just a money making opportunity for somone? Most of the stuff is twice the price as normal items. Plus what is really irritating and goes right along with most tree huggers hypocritical way of thinking is that some of the products are worse. There was a indoor compost machine, the kind for food scraps. So incase your tired of walking the 200 feet outside to the compost pile you can just walk to a corner of the kitchen and dump the waste there and it turns it into compost. And what exactly does this run off of? I didn't see any solar pannels on it, so probably electricity, which comes from large polluting power plants, they failed to point this out. And what about the manufacturing plant that makes the appliance? They had eco diapers for babies, I belive they were re-usable, just throw them in the washer and dryer and good as new. Wasting more electricity and water.

They're also making alot of stuff out of bamboo. Its ok to use bamboo just be cause it grows back faster. Thats great it grows back faster, but these environmentalists act as if a tree doesn't grow back at all. We are in the thick of bunny lovers here in north eastern Minnesota, little do all these people know basically the whole county was logged at some point, and there is now some of the thickest forest you've seen here.

I'm going to be so tired of the going green trend in a few years I'll have to go live with Dirtcrasher on his 2000 acre Maine farm, be hermet and ride/work on trikes for the rest of my life.

The Goat
02-25-2008, 01:05 AM
bamboo flooring kicks ass...and so do bamboo sheets.

lol..sorry, thought i'd share that. I don't care about them for any other reason....they are just some cool things.

brapp
02-25-2008, 02:48 AM
hey man if you dont wanan travel that far i can put ya to work lol i have 1200acres and a smallexcavatign land clearign opperation. gotta love pissin of fthe ignorant

69HemiGTX
02-25-2008, 05:47 AM
You haven't figured that out yet? Environmentalism is a scam to play on your "boo hoo for Mother Nature" instincts and guilt you into buying useless garbage that costs a lot more for the simple fact that you might think you are actually doing something good. The only people truly going green are the manufacturers of this junk as they laugh all the way to the bank with your cash in hand. In my view, environmentalism is terrorism, just in a more friendly, acceptable, and tolerable form.

This next bit isn't directed at you, but towards all of the morons that believe their crap because they're on TV and they say it's so. Wanna do something good for yourself and the world? Stop listening to fat-headed blowhards like Al Gore and the GW spew crew, do some of your own research, and for God's sake, use the brain you were born with. 99% of what they say doesn't make sense if you actually take the time to really think about it instead of letting them do your thinking for you. But, that's what America has become, a nation of fat, lazy mental midgets who can't be bothered to think for themselves because the newest episode of American Idol is on, they have to send a million text messages a day, or they can't even function without their Starbucks Cafe' Apocolypse in the morning. I love America, but I hate what it has become.

Rant off.

Blazer
02-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I agree that the "going Green" is a big scam also. Lumber companies are smart enough to plant trees at a rate to renew their lumber source and livelihood. I remember hearing that there are actually more trees in North America now than when it was discovered. This is due to the many trees planted by the logging industry.

69Hemi:

I agree with ya man! Concerning Al-Gore's Carbon Credit campaign: It was discovered that the carbon credits he purchased to offset his usage was with a company that he owned! What a joke! Even if he hadn't, I still believe it is a method to place guilt on the lifestyle we lead in the U.S.. Another tax that big brother would love to enforce.

The Goat
02-26-2008, 02:49 AM
there isn't more trees...only around 70% or so...but most "green" things do more harm than good.

TravEX
02-26-2008, 08:28 AM
My whole hang-up with "Going Green", is they claim we have destroyed mother naure and the Earth with all of our polluting.

For argument sake: theologists (ME) believe the Earth is about 6 thousand years old, science believe it is MILLIONS. Either way, doesn't matter, we have been using combustion engines and all this pollution for a little over 100 years. So, we have just destroyed the Earth in 100 YEARS!? I DON'T BUY IT!!!!

I'll do my part to be efficient and correct when it's good for my pocketbook! It's getting ridiculous, $7 for a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs! $3.03 for gas! $2.49 for propane! Who knows, these GREENIES may be behind it!

Now, I'm gonna walk the shortest distance possible and get in my 4x4 Chevy and drive to work, park as close as I can to the door, so I don't have to walk very far. Then I'll burn 16 miles to the gallon for about 100 miles to do PT with my home health patients. Sure, I need a fuel efficient hybrid, but I would bang the thing up and wear it out in 1 year on some of the gravel roads and cow trails I have to go on!