PDA

View Full Version : i really need some help.

chrislewis
02-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Hello everyone im new to the site i am the proud owner of a 1986 Honda 200x. I am 23 year old from kentucky. and i need some info. i was wandering if i could put a 1986 250r engine on to my 200x frame.this is something i have been wanting to do for some time. and thought i would try to give it a go if i could get some insight first. and i have an old honda rebel laying around as well. and i was wandering if that engine could fit the 200 also. thanks for your time and i look forward to hearing your guys response.

:TrikesOwn

RedRider_AK
02-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Too much work for too little gain. 250R engine will be too fast for the rest of the chassis, you will have to deal with chain alignment, watercooling, new engine mounts, etc.

And as for the Rebel engine, I don't know. I know a Chinese company made a quad using the same engine design as the Honda Rebel, and a chassis carbon-copied from the Yammi Blaster...

chrislewis
02-25-2008, 12:27 AM
here are some of my toys sorry about the quality my camera sux. i hope this worx

edog
02-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Pics don't work.

chrislewis
02-25-2008, 12:30 AM
here goes another try

RedRider_AK
02-25-2008, 12:34 AM
What the heck is that tall gangly looking thing on the far right?!

chrislewis
02-25-2008, 12:35 AM
i need that three wheeler

Eric250R
02-25-2008, 01:02 AM
:welcome: I'm about 30 minutes from you. If you would rather sell the X and try to find an R, let me know, I would be interested in it. If nothing else, hit me up and we'll go riding sometime.

p.s. Don't destroy that X by trying to cram another engine it, alot easier to find something else.

brapp
02-25-2008, 02:43 AM
i agree with eric and it woud be cheaper to find a good project.

chrislewis
02-25-2008, 08:21 PM
redrider which pic were you asking about? and for eric i have never really thought about selling the x. but who knows money talks make me an offer. it has been in my family a very long time and the engine has never been tore down. it sat for about 10 years and i got it and changed the fuel lines and it fired right up. runs perfect and idles perfect as well. the ex owner (my uncle) had a hard crash on it and it broke the rear grab bar off. the frame is not bent. the rear fender is busted. and the seat is ripped. but other than that its a very solid machine. and a blast to ride. i have rode alot of these x's and the 86 and 87's are hand down the best. i live in Hazard, Ky. 41701 we had the original paperwork but the original owner is deceased. and it was too much of a hassle to try to switch. and over the years i just came up misplaced. well enough rambling just shoot me out an offer and well go from there.

ATC-Eric
02-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey Chris welcome to the site.

I too would not try to put the R motor in the X. If I were you, I would look for a roller 85-86 R to put the motor in.

What condition is the engine?

EDIT!!!!! You can get a roller for a very decent price.

Eric250R
02-25-2008, 09:06 PM
redrider which pic were you asking about? and for eric i have never really thought about selling the x. but who knows money talks make me an offer. it has been in my family a very long time and the engine has never been tore down. it sat for about 10 years and i got it and changed the fuel lines and it fired right up. runs perfect and idles perfect as well. the ex owner (my uncle) had a hard crash on it and it broke the rear grab bar off. the frame is not bent. the rear fender is busted. and the seat is ripped. but other than that its a very solid machine. and a blast to ride. i have rode alot of these x's and the 86 and 87's are hand down the best. i live in Hazard, Ky. 41701 we had the original paperwork but the original owner is deceased. and it was too much of a hassle to try to switch. and over the years i just came up misplaced. well enough rambling just shoot me out an offer and well go from there.

I live in Isom, between Hazard and Whitesburg. I worked at Andy's Honda and Yamaha ( sadly) for about a year. I actually do have a roller R at the moment but not sure what I"m going to do with it. Going to be pretty busy this week trying to get my shop open, but maybe this weekend or sometime next week I can run by and take a look at the X.