PDA

View Full Version : video

SpeedBump
02-26-2008, 04:58 AM
Click here to watch Finals--Summit-Indoor-MX--3-Wheeler-Class-OTC (http://media.putfile.com/Finals--Summit-Indoor-MX--3-Wheeler-Class-OTC)

Bryan Raffa
02-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Sweet .. thanks for posting that .. some of you boys are lookin good!..Good too see timsr out there.:beer :TrikesOwn

BigGreenMachine
02-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Great vid! Thanks Bump!

Kintore
02-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks Craig, wish i was there, talk about a come back tour by D rock! sweet!

SpeedyTide
02-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Very sweet!!

SYKO
02-27-2008, 09:54 AM
syko appoved!

300rman
02-28-2008, 08:40 PM
only thing i dont get.
the quads in the last half of the video are taking that one fairly large jump, but everyone on the trikes just rides over top of it.
i havent taken any serious jumps on my trike yet, nor have i ever jumped a quad.
my question is simply this: are trikes not so good for jumps like the one in this vid?

im not really understanding why noone took that first jump like the quads were?

not trying to bash anyone, just trying to learn a few things about trikes.
i am a "beginner" on a performance trike, but ive been beating around on pretty much anything with wheels since i was 5, so i know how to handle a machine and throw my weight around and such.

Just trying to broaden my horizons :)

tecat-z
02-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Well me personally, i have to go to work on monday. And i think in general, most of us die hard 3wheeler riders are a bit older than the average 16-20 something quad rider. Young bones heal faster. 3leg and Kintore however are the exception, and have more talent than i'll ever have, and could no doubt pull that off.

300rman
02-28-2008, 09:59 PM
ahh i am one of understanding.

Kintore
02-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Derrick adams went for it last time, and he mader!

SpeedyTide
03-02-2008, 05:16 PM
The trikes can do the big jumps too, if the suspension is built for it...like the quads are. ; )

Not many trikes (and parts) left, so peeps tend to baby them a bit more.

Also...the trike riders in the vid appeared to be good, but not "great" racers. That plays a role sometimes.

seadoo650
03-02-2008, 06:44 PM
That big jump is a 45 footer. I'd really like to see someone on video clear one. Successfully I might add. This was my first indoor race and the first time I've ridden since last October. Still getting used to the small doubles. Maybe one day I'll have the cahonies to try that one. Like Tecate-z said though. I'm 37 and the body don't take well to wipe outs like it used too. When I race my goal is 1. To finish the race in one piece and 2. Not to came in last.

Louis Mielke
03-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Well me personally, i have to go to work on monday.

AMEN! Oh, and Kintores still a young'n! HEHE!

ninjashoes
04-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I enjoyed that, thanks for the vid!

atctim
04-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Also...the trike riders in the vid appeared to be good, but not "great" racers. That plays a role sometimes.

I love this arm chair response. :lol:

If these aren't great trike racers - then there are no great trike racers. People get used to seeing Professional A class quad riders and then expect to see people on 23 year old trikes doing the same jumps!!!! That is comparing apples to oranges.

There is a big difference between F1 Race Cars and dirt track Sprint Cars!

brapp
04-06-2008, 01:03 PM
i titaly agree with atc tim here he knows how it is and if your not out there hittign the same jumps or somethign close to it you ahve no room to talk!

WLL
04-06-2008, 02:56 PM
the risk facter goes way up when compairing the 2 on the same jump. if you dont believe me, just give it a try.

WLL
04-06-2008, 03:00 PM
o , i realy like the video!!! i must say it went of shortly after the quads started. was that otc on the yellow trike. that yammi 4 poke was diggin fast on the others

Kintore
04-06-2008, 03:22 PM
AMEN! Oh, and Kintores still a young'n! HEHE!

Im 18 now milky, not as young as I once was. I hear my bones creak and crack when I wake up now. Time to throw in the towel I think.........

:lol: Who am I kiddin? ill race in my wheelchair if I gotta..

300rman
04-06-2008, 07:31 PM
so, trikes compared to quads for larger jumps, quads are definitely the better choice then?

WLL
04-07-2008, 04:00 PM
so, trikes compared to quads for larger jumps, quads are definitely the better choice then?well you could say its a safer choice

300rman
04-07-2008, 11:24 PM
i dont mean safer.....if i wanted safe, i would have a bike, as i been riding them all my life :lol: i mean like, does a trike just handle jumps not so well compared to quads?

i have noticed that the front will absorb alot of a jump, and the back will bounce off it, and that can get you into big trouble if your not careful.

WLL
04-07-2008, 11:49 PM
i dont mean safer.....if i wanted safe, i would have a bike, as i been riding them all my life :lol: i mean like, does a trike just handle jumps not so well compared to quads? wll(trikes handle jumps just fine:lol:

i have noticed that the front will absorb alot of a jump, and the back will bounce off it, and that can get you into big trouble if your not careful. wll(if your not careful doing everything, anything can get u in big trouble.

SpeedyTide
04-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I love this arm chair response. :lol:

If these aren't great trike racers - then there are no great trike racers. People get used to seeing Professional A class quad riders and then expect to see people on 23 year old trikes doing the same jumps!!!! That is comparing apples to oranges.

There is a big difference between F1 Race Cars and dirt track Sprint Cars!My apologies for saying they aren't "great" racers, that was uncalled for on my part. :wondering I was more or less talking about the Marty Harts, Steve Wrights, and Danny Coes, etc. of the past. The quads were going deeper into the turn getting more acceleration/speed to hit the jump, where as the trikes were cutting the inside. Without having said it....the trikes if suspended correctly, and with experienced riders could do the double the Quads were doing in the vid. Not saying the guys in the vid weren't experienced. ; )

It did sound like an armchair response, but that I'm not. :D It's great vid! :naughty: Again...my apologies if I offended anyone.

Dusty
04-10-2008, 09:05 PM
shoot jumpin a trike is fun and better than a quad....you can throw it around alot better....hey kintore i got the foam pit in the works......just wait till this summer

Kintore
04-10-2008, 10:32 PM
mmm i like! see ya soon buddy, when can I come down?