PDA

View Full Version : Hey OTC

Eric250R
03-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Planning on racing the mx at TF this year and hope to get our pratice track done soon. Was just wondering before I try going too big if you have any kind of braces on your frames. If so, where are the areas I need to address ? Or do you just let it go and fix the cracks in the frames as they come ? Oh, it's a R by the way.

3leggeddog
03-02-2008, 05:13 AM
your riding a 85-86 250r?

if so i noticed they are weak around the front lower motor mounts,and the up tube above the pipe.i also broke a frame back by the foot pegs,and where the swinger mounts.

I don't run a gusseted frame though,so i couldn't tell you where to put gussests.

MyMistress86R
03-02-2008, 10:44 AM
LMAO Eric, try to take Big Air B's advice with a grain of salt. He would try to sky out an Abrams tank if given a chance, AND LIKELY BREAK IT TOO!!! Although, if anyone can tell you where any weak spots are, it's him.

Eric250R
03-02-2008, 06:22 PM
LoL, yeah, I kind of figured if anyone knew where they would break it would be him. But thanks for the tip three leg. I knew about the swingarm and front motor mount area, but hadn't thought about the tube. Guess I'll double check them before hand and keep an eye on them during the weekend. That is of course if I can even get it finished before TF. Things are a little hectic at the moment trying to get my R done, trying to get my Tecate finished, trying to get my shop open, trying to get my house remodeled, and only 2 weeks from having a kid....:wondering :rolleyes: :D See ya'll at TF08

3leggeddog
03-03-2008, 07:09 PM
buddy you can pimp my rag at TF this year.I'm sure you won't hurt it any worse then me.Your welcome to it.unless we are running the same class that is.then your on your own,lol.

Eric250R
03-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Cool, very generous offer. But I really hope to have mine done, or at least rideable. I'll probably run the novice class as I don't have a tremendous amount of experience racing trikes. But hopefully we can get our practice track finished in a few weeks and then who knows.....lol:beer

3leggeddog
03-04-2008, 03:47 AM
hell yeah.Once your there will hit the track hard.practice it up.see ya there bro