PDA

View Full Version : 85 350X Hitch

SeaLion
10-28-2002, 04:28 PM
Is there such a thing? I have been looking online and in catalogs for a hitch for my 85 350X but can't find one. Will another models hitch bolt on? I have to imagine that a hitch is available somewhere since most of the other ATCs have hitches available. Please post links or business name and phone number.

MR ATC
10-28-2002, 04:33 PM
although i have seen 350X's with hitches :shock: :shock: :shock: i personaly don't recomend one for the 350X nor have i ever heard of anybody making them for it . its not a work three wheeler the 350X wants to play

SeaLion
10-28-2002, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm not really into making it a work unit but just for occasional beach launches and retrieval of my jet skis. I guess I should have been more specific on my intended occasional use. It gets plenty of play use and since I no longer have a 4 wheel drive truck, I thought it would be ideal to use the 350X to launch and retrieve at remote areas instead of going to a paved launch ramp and waiting in line. I'm open to any suggestions. If no hitch is available or one that can fit off of another model, I will have to go to a welding shop and have a one off piece made?

350Xrider
10-28-2002, 06:23 PM
I wish I had taken a picture of the Last X I had, it had a hitch that I made on it. It worked great. Unfortunately I have sold the bike. I have never heard of any company making one before. I think they make one for the 300ex or something similar though, maybe you could slap one of those on it.

Howdy
10-28-2002, 08:01 PM
I seen a hitch for the 350x's years ago. They recomended gearing the machine down for pulling purposes. I will see if I still have the info. I doubt I do because I threw most of the old catalogs away 6-7 years ago.

NOS_350X
10-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm not really into making it a work unit but just for occasional beach launches and retrieval of my jet skis. I guess I should have been more specific on my intended occasional use. It gets plenty of play use and since I no longer have a 4 wheel drive truck, I thought it would be ideal to use the 350X to launch and retrieve at remote areas instead of going to a paved launch ramp and waiting in line. I'm open to any suggestions. If no hitch is available or one that can fit off of another model, I will have to go to a welding shop and have a one off piece made?

i was thinking of making a hitch for the same pourpose i was going to make one just havent got around to it if i do i would be more than happy to make another and sell one to you

Mobular
10-28-2002, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw a listing for one in either the James Lucky catalog or a Dennis Kirk catalog...

Mobular
10-28-2002, 10:50 PM
I just checked my DK catalog, and they do list a whole bunch of CMP accesory hitches, but not one for the 350X...sorry!!... Maybe one could be adapted...

SeaLion
10-29-2002, 01:23 PM
I see all kinds for other models too but none for the 350X. James Lucky used to be down the street from me several years ago before they moved to Northern California.

Nos_350X, I would be interested if you make one? You can e-mail me at zoltan@gte.net . While you're at it, maybe you can see if there is a way to mount one on the front too? No reverse on the 350X :( I can launch with the front hitch and retrieve with the rear hitch.