PDA

View Full Version : west cost TF

NOS_350X
06-04-2003, 01:24 AM
seeing all the pics and stories makes me think we gota get a west cost trikefest ive thought about it many times but someone needs to take charge and plan it i would do it but i have no idea where to start

bigred110
06-04-2003, 07:32 PM
I'm in for it. Pismo would be a good starting place if you ask me.

NOS_350X
06-04-2003, 07:43 PM
i agree its basicaly in the middle of the state we just need to get some of the people from oregon ta make a trip then it might work

RideRed03
06-06-2003, 12:06 AM
yeah man i agree........big trip though for most who dont know how sweet trikefest is! i would definately go and encourage all my trike bearing friends up here in west coast oregon to take the trip!!! We have a sweet event here in the dunes on Memorial Day weekend and also a kick ass well known event called Sandfest......Many people travel to that one from all over!! LOTS OF RAILS THOUGH!
-Josh

NOS_350X
06-06-2003, 02:43 AM
yeah man i agree........big trip though for most who dont know how sweet trikefest is! i would definately go and encourage all my trike bearing friends up here in west coast oregon to take the trip!!! We have a sweet event here in the dunes on Memorial Day weekend and also a kick ass well known event called Sandfest......Many people travel to that one from all over!! LOTS OF RAILS THOUGH!
-Josh

would you be willing to take a trip for a 3 day weekend down here and is there anymore organians willing to take that trip?

Billy Golightly
06-06-2003, 10:36 AM
NOS if you or someone else do decide one some dates and where, I'll be more then glad to promote it through the board and site for you guys.

hatedinaz
06-06-2003, 02:52 PM
i can get some people up from az

NOS_350X
06-06-2003, 05:26 PM
so are we going to go through with this? how far away do you think we should make it? also where should it be my vote goes for pismo but i'm open to other possibilites accpt glamis (i know some people that got raped there last year so i wont even think about that place)

bigred110
06-06-2003, 06:00 PM
I'm in. I'll drive 4 hrs if I have to. Gorman might me good place to. Stoddard valley might be good place, but it's hotter then you know what right now. The only problem I can see with pismo is people who don't have 4 wheel drive might get stuck in the camping area and the river crossing.

The link below has links to different places in California.
http://www.offroadrider.com/wher/scal.html

Full-Bore-2003
06-06-2003, 09:54 PM
I'M IN!! Big Pismo fan here, we go almost once a month.......we stay on the hill at mile marker 6.......we're leaving Wednesday, come by and say Hi.......Just look for "Sand Junkies" on the back of our trailer.....we'll chase some dunes down!!!!!

ih4x4
06-06-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm in. I'll drive 4 hrs if I have to. Gorman might me good place to. Stoddard valley might be good place, but it's hotter then you know what right now. The only problem I can see with pismo is people who don't have 4 wheel drive might get stuck in the camping area and the river crossing.

when i go to pismo i drive a 2 wheel drive pickup with a cabover camper and pull a 12 foot trailer with 2 quads on it and i camp between poles 5-6 and have not gotten stuck once,
i also air all my tires down to 8-10 psi and on holiday weekends when you are leavind there are a few people with air compressors and for a few bucks they will air up your tires for you

NOS_350X
06-06-2003, 10:39 PM
well 4x4 beat me to it most the time you can make it in a 2 wheel drive and if they cant ya get on a cb and well go back and pull ya out

350Xccelerator
06-06-2003, 10:42 PM
ih4x4 you live in stockton? i live very close 2 u

wanta250r
06-06-2003, 11:17 PM
I was thinking about it too. I think I am around 3-4 hours from pismo. The problem is I have no truck( That is legal to drive on the rode anyway) and no trailer. I'll have to do something quick.

NOS_350X
06-07-2003, 03:08 AM
I was thinking about it too. I think I am around 3-4 hours from pismo. The problem is I have no truck( That is legal to drive on the rode anyway) and no trailer. I'll have to do something quick.

well where are you from maby when somone is comin through they could pick ya up?

Full-Bore-2003
06-07-2003, 02:55 PM
2 wheel drives can make it. Air all 4 tires down to around 12 LBS. and go at low tide. If you are pulling a trailer, air down those tires as well. You can get a high/low tide sheet off the internet, PM me and I'll shoot you the address. We pull people out ALL the time, don't accept money, just ask to pick up ALL your trash at your campsite when you leave. Maybe we'll you some of you there next weekend. Check out Friends of Oceano Dunes (http://www.oceanodunes.org)

GhostRider
06-07-2003, 05:24 PM
I'm in if I can schedule it. I'm an "old guy" with a wife, daughter and full-time job to schedule around. It doesn't have to be a three-day weekend - in fact it's better if it isn't. We can MAKE it a three day weekend though by just taking Friday from work.

bigred110
06-07-2003, 05:37 PM
What town do you live in or close to wanta250r?
I wonder if my grandpa will let me use his RV then.
I'm just afaird that I'll get stuck if I bring my 6x12 single axle trailer, I got a 2wd truck.
I was going to go to pismo this weekend, but the pin in the camshaft on my 84 came out, on my 79 has a flat tire.

tony_250r
06-07-2003, 07:46 PM
I'm all for Pismo. Is this the season for Pismo?

wanta250r
06-07-2003, 08:04 PM
I live 12 miles west of Tehachapi, California. Whick is about 40 Miles east of Bakersfield. Which is about 1 - 2 hours south of Delano. ?

bigred110
06-07-2003, 11:32 PM
I might be able to give you a ride then maybe. I don't really want to take 46 to 101, because they're doing work on the freeway through the mountains and it gets really tight. So I might take 166 I think to the 101 then. If you could get to bakersfield I will give you ride then.
It depends when we are going to have this. I going back to school in San Diego next week. But I do have some weekends off from school.
I'm still in though.

TimSr
06-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Looks like you guys are off to a good start! I have some suggestions for you.

First decide exactly where. Looks like youve pretty much picked Pismo, but if not, you can post it in a poll form. Id then suggest doing the same thing, and post a poll offering different weekends to select a date. Also, just a suggestion, but Id pick a name that will distinguish this event from the Haspin one, but that is entirely up to you. "Trikefest" will always be synonomous with the Haspin event, so youll, probably want to call it something else, especially if it becomes an annual event, which tends to happen, such as Westfest Trike Rally 03 or I or something. Im sure somebody has other suggestions. Thats up to you but it will help distinguish yours as being a different event. Once youve got the place and the date, I would call the place, and tell them what you are doing. Ask about prices, group rates and discounts for groups, as well has reserving a group camp area so you can all camp as a group, and everyone knows where to meet. Also any other info such as stickers, or other things required, or any special rules people should know about, especially those traveling from a different state. After you get the where, when, and details, youll want to make a flyer or brochure for the event, that cam be posted and downloaded from the site. That way people can drop them in mc shops and other places, or invite riders who may not be computer geeks! Make sure to list the website, as the site admins can help you with posting the information here, as well as using the local riding forum for q&a. I hope your event is a huge success, and dont get discouraged if the first try is small. These events also tend to grow each time, as people really dont want to be left out after hearing about them (which probably prompted this one). Good luck, and let us know if you have any questiosn about "where to go from here" as we would all love to see this west coast event be as successful as the Indiana one!

NOS_350X
06-10-2003, 01:15 AM
well it looks like pismo is the place now for a date how far away do you think we should make it july, aug, setp?? with an early notice like this about any weekend would be good for those of you who dont know pismo is on the beach its hot in the day but there is always the ocean to cool off you can ride jet skis right off the dunes. looks like we might have have a nice little group

bigred110
06-10-2003, 01:28 AM
I would say july 4 weekend, because I got that weekend off from school :D , but it'll be really pack that weekend though. I don't really care what date you set it though.
I don't know being hot over their. It's overcast usually and it's good idea to bring a long sleeve shirt and some sun tan lotion.

NOS_350X
06-10-2003, 10:52 AM
i can guarintee that there is no way we could have it the 4th you have to have reservations and they fill up real quick on the 4th, easter, memorial and laborday

TimSr
06-10-2003, 12:01 PM
At Haspin we had considered Memorial Day weekend, but thankfully we had it the week after. They said they were jam packed on the holiday weekend, as most places are. Just something to keep in mind about considering a holiday weekend.

Joel85350X
06-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Name:

WestSide Trikefest = Pismo

EastSide Trikefest = Haspin

:) You can use your hand to make the "W" symbol while saying it, too. 8)

I know a few of us over here in the Tri-State area may be interested in a road trip to California. I have never been there, been to 33 states, but never Cali. Make sure you make all of the decisions here on the board so we can keep in touch and figure out if some of us can come. Might have to bolt a set of paddles on the X. :-D

Trike Mike
06-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Hey fellas! I'm new to this forum. I live down in San Diego and would be down for Pismo for a summer trike fest. Let me know what is going down. I usually hit the desert east of S.D. and a few dunes south of the border. Any tirkers want to through some sand let me know!! :twisted:

ATC crazy
06-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Welcome Mike...

I was born and raised in Sacramento, CA. If we hadn't moved to VA, I would love to come, although If we stayed I would probably not have any ATV.

NOS_350X
06-13-2003, 01:45 AM
crazy i got a 110 you can ride :-D

if i go around where i live sayin i'm leavin for westside trikefest someone will shoot me

ATC crazy
06-13-2003, 11:13 AM
crazy i got a 110 you can ride :-D

Boy...I don't know...I might owe you a new axle after a trip around the parking lot. :D (I'm 6' 5" 265lbs. ;) )

NOS_350X
06-13-2003, 12:43 PM
i dont thin my 110 could move with you on it its so worn out its not even funny and danm trailprotrailpro like a giant

bigred110
06-13-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm 6'2 225lbs and both of my 110's moves around good. Just as long I can get my friends to stop riding them and start riding their 200x and 250r i'll be happy.

Ace Mon
06-13-2003, 10:32 PM
I live in Suisun/Fairfield Ca . Gosh , I hope to have my TRX together soon . I'd be down to go for sure ! Nos And I could bring our jetskiis too and duke it out on the water !

NOS_350X
06-13-2003, 10:41 PM
i never have room for mine and did you see the pic of it now i need to get one witht he cover off just too lazy to go do it

ATC crazy
06-15-2003, 05:55 PM
and danm trailprotrailpro like a giant

Yeah...my dad calls me Sasquatch (sp.) All my friends at school call me Shrek or Hagrid.

mymint87
07-17-2003, 12:02 AM
let me ask everyone...

why choose a different name for "trikefest @ pismo"?

when will these self annointed dinosaurs die off?

i remember (a short time ago) when it was refered to "TRIKEN ACROSS AMERICA" and the word "trikefest" was just a word to signify the get together...since when did it become only synonomous with haspin?

wouldn't it be wonderful if we could live in a world with all of us 3wheeler owners working TOGETHER with the promotion and preservation of the vehicle that was OUTLAWED by our free society.

it should be promo'd as "TRIKEN ACROSS AMERICA" and "L@@K for a TRIKEFEST in a town near YOU" of course haspin is one place where you've had a few trikefests, but it's not the only place, so lets do it right...ok?

note to HondaATC, i see this aspect of the forum circling the drain also, time for you to step in and LEAD again (YOUR A STUD)...maybe you can comment on this post, or maybe the almighty Messiah can shed some words of wisdom to me and/or his disciples........

bigred110
07-17-2003, 01:01 AM
I have to agree with mymint on that one. The name of trike get together needs a different name then trike ride at pismo.
I'll like to see it at different spots each year if you ask me.
Festival of Trikes?
West coast trike natioanls
West coast 3 wheelers
3 wheelin on the West Coast.
I'll like to hit duns in Vegas. I'll need a week off then, lol.

Billy Golightly
07-17-2003, 01:04 AM
let me ask everyone...

why choose a different name for "trikefest @ pismo"?

when will these self annointed dinosaurs die off?

i remember (a short time ago) when it was refered to "TRIKEN ACROSS AMERICA" and the word "trikefest" was just a word to signify the get together...since when did it become only synonomous with haspin?

wouldn't it be wonderful if we could live in a world with all of us 3wheeler owners working TOGETHER with the promotion and preservation of the vehicle that was OUTLAWED by our free society.

it should be promo'd as "TRIKEN ACROSS AMERICA" and "L@@K for a TRIKEFEST in a town near YOU" of course haspin is one place where you've had a few trikefests, but it's not the only place, so lets do it right...ok?

note to HondaATC, i see this aspect of the forum circling the drain also, time for you to step in and LEAD again (YOUR A STUD)...maybe you can comment on this post, or maybe the almighty Messiah can shed some words of wisdom to me and/or his disciples........

Actually I have to agree, I would like to see "Trikfest"s all across the country, or maybe even the globe for the Canadian, Aussie, Brit, and German (I think maybe even some Irish too?!?) riders to get together. Theres no reason there can't be several smaller groups happen through the course of the year. I would of course be glad to support each one of these groups and promote it anyway I can through the site.

If there is going to be a "motherload" gathering that will be the big deal for the entire country it needs to be centralized where everyone will be at equal distance. Maybe a ride in a new state every year too... I know this limits some people, but I think its kinda the only way to be fair.

On another board I visit for FordTruckEnthusiasts, they have a "Club" broken down by state. Each state has its own forum and moderator. The moderator is the representive for this state, and organizes statewide meets, ect. To my knowledge they do not do a "Nationwide" get together. This is an extremely large forum also (Over 100,000 registered members)

I'm not exactly sure on a positive remedy. I'm definetly open for feedback and ideas?

NOS_350X
07-17-2003, 02:53 AM
ok everyone thanks for bringing this back tomarow i will call pismo to make sure we can still get reservations then i will take a head count i will also pm all the cali members again letting them know we have a date and place the once the head count is done i can get the reservations (i may need some deposits if you want somone more trustworthy to take care of that i'm cool with it i do think you need the money for reservations but i'm not sure) so now we just need a name for it i dont have any good ideas for that but Pismo Trike Run

mymint87
07-18-2003, 06:06 PM
thanks again HondaaATC for responding to my post and understanding it.

officially on record the "trikefest @ Haspin" has to be the winner as the largest one so far, but that doesn't mean somewhere on this earth there cant be one larger.

(NOTE TO HOWDY, yes howdy although no pics i have can "CLEARLY" prove my earlier statement , this winter i plan to redeem myself, so plan on taking off those boots....hehehe)

when i look at the word "trikefest" (and i dont know who came up with it) its the perfect word to use.

to me "trikefest" means "the celebration of the trike" and what better way to discribe outtings with "ATC lovers" as such.

look at the trikefest board right now and you'll see...

Trikefest @ Haspin, Trikefest @ Pismo, Trikefest @ Nebreska, etc., etc., etc. ITS GREAT!!! ITS BLOWING UP!!! ITS AWESOME!!!!

GREAT JOB 3WW CREW!!!!!

Full-Bore-2003
08-01-2003, 04:45 AM
<--This pic is at Pismo! SEE you there!! Check out www.reserveamerica.com, all camp sites, check reservations, make reservations. :D

TeCaTe_MaN
08-01-2003, 05:21 AM
me and my "crew" of t3 owners were gonaa make a trip to sandfest but it was cancelled due to breakdowns (not my bike) :( :evil: :(