PDA

View Full Version : This is worse than a fresh, wet skid mark!!!

250rfreak
03-08-2008, 11:14 PM
they just passed a new law in my town where you cant ride a quad within 2 miles of any home. its bs because all the trails start within 1/8 of a mile!!!!!

200xman
03-08-2008, 11:23 PM
they just passed a new law in my town where you cant ride a quad within 2 miles of any home. its bs because all the trails start within 1/8 of a mile!!!!!

Sounds like you should have rallied against this. This is where the aftermarket pipes play a big part. People just don't like the noise and you really don't need an obnoxious pipe unless you are racing at a track. Hate to sound old but the noise factor has been the demise of a lot of riding areas.

Billy Golightly
03-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Ride a three-wheeler, problem solved :lol:

longbedGTs
03-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Ride a three-wheeler, problem solved :lol:

I second this notion! :TrikesOwn

KASEY
03-09-2008, 01:21 PM
they were just starting this very thing in the town where we lived before i moved,,, it was LOUD pipes 100% that did them in,,, the slogan LESS SOUND MORE GROUND was adopted by all the bike shops in an effort to reduce noise in close in riding areas,,, there is nothing worse than a guy wizzing around on a bone stock 400ex with a aftermarket pipe in your neighbors backyard for hours and hours when you are trying to have friends over for a bbq!!! i own no loud pipes ,,,

brapp
03-10-2008, 09:12 AM
well i dont have to worry abotu it much unles sout riding the roads but i know exactly what your going trough we had a mx track down wher ei used to live i couldnt se eany houses but as soon a swe piped my 450r was forced to shut it down. and now its a damn hay field. so i moved and now just happy plenty fo local trails and miles of road riding.

super90
03-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah it really sucks getting riding places closed down. There are a few place here that have got shut down, not because of noise though. They got closed down because the land owner(s) were logging or building a house. Most are reasonable anyway and make a trail going around so there are no conflicts. Who can complain about noise when your 2-3 miles deep into the woods?

firehart
03-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Somebody would call the cops on me everytime I took out my 200x. With the new Honda utes nobody cares. We'll see what happens when I get the 185 running good.