PDA

View Full Version : quadfest 2008

trainingwheeler
03-09-2008, 02:02 PM
anybody going to http://www.thequadfest.com/thequadfest/index.html this year ? check it out its in PA & only like 4hrs. from me . Sponsored by CAN AM looks sweet . me & about 12 of my friends are going . we should get a large group of 3WW members to meet up there ,maybe for the people that cant make it all the way to trikefest,like me ! I people are interested somebody that is alittle more familiar with all the thread posting stuff can start a thread to coordinate the members from here to converge at http://www.thequadfest.com/thequadfest/index.html

trainingwheeler
03-11-2008, 05:44 PM
come on no interest at all ? close for us pennsylvanians...

SWIGIN
03-11-2008, 05:57 PM
from what iv heard from guys who went to it before its more for trail riders and the mx track sucks...i wont be going

OldSchoolin86
03-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I'd love to go but the timing is bad. I already take time off for Trikefest and then in August I take another week for family fun. I think for 09 I'll be ditching TF and going to QF but it depends who else I can get to go. From what I read it sounds like a blast. They were talking about capping how many people can attend because it's grown extremely fast.

brapp
03-11-2008, 07:54 PM
dependign on cash i may be going.

bp739
03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
I went to it about 2 years ago...it was actually at a different place then (tri-county atv)..and it was definitely not geared towards any kind of FAST trail riding ..mostly big 4x4s putting around the trails....which I seemed to get behind EVERY single one ,they had a mud pit too...I havent been back..

You guys wanna take a trip and go riding somewhere....go to the Hatfield-McCoy trails in southern WV....there is NOTHING LIKE IT .... 500 + miles of trails.. I go there every year for a week...you can ride from dawn till dusk 7 days a week..for a mere $37 for a 7 day trail pass....you'll never wanna go anywhere else...TRUST ME :p www.trailsheaven.com
I forgot to mention that its LEGAL to ride on the roads there...you can even go through the drive-thru an McDonalds if you want...

Heres som pics of the place we stay and stuff...I'm taking my 350x as a back-up bike this year :p

brapp
03-11-2008, 08:07 PM
and if i can figur eout were it is.

OldSchoolin86
03-11-2008, 08:36 PM
I went to it about 2 years ago...it was actually at a different place then (tri-county atv)..and it was definitely not geared towards any kind of FAST trail riding ..mostly big 4x4s putting around the trails....which I seemed to get behind EVERY single one ,they had a mud pit too...I havent been back..

You guys wanna take a trip and go riding somewhere....go to the Hatfield-McCoy trails in southern WV....there is NOTHING LIKE IT .... 500 + miles of trails.. I go there every year for a week...you can ride from dawn till dusk 7 days a week..for a mere $37 for a 7 day trail pass....you'll never wanna go anywhere else...TRUST ME :p www.trailsheaven.com
I forgot to mention that its LEGAL to ride on the roads there...you can even go through the drive-thru an McDonalds if you want...

Heres som pics of the place we stay and stuff...I'm taking my 350x as a back-up bike this year :pNow we're talking! Maybe I need to take the family trip there this year. It's great when the family likes to ride! How does it work down there? Is it like sled trails up north here where you can ride town to town or is it more like a big ol' park?

trainingwheeler
03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
yeah we may go to hatfield /mccoy trails this year also

max
03-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Yes, Please...more info on Hatfield. I so want to go there. Mabey we can get a trip together

bp739
03-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Yes, Please...more info on Hatfield. I so want to go there. Mabey we can get a trip together

www.trailsheaven.com

everything you need to know...

OldSchoolin86
03-12-2008, 11:51 AM
I think we were looking for more personal experience info.

max
03-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I think we were looking for more personal experience info.

I see they have 6 trail systems. Which ones do you perfer? Where to stay? I would rather go off your experiences.!!!:beer

bp739
03-12-2008, 02:46 PM
First off...sorry trainingwheeler..I didnt mean to hi-jack your thread..

I see they have 6 trail systems. Which ones do you perfer? Where to stay? I would rather go off your experiences.!!!:beer

OK...this could take a while...

Browning Forks (Rockhouse) is my personal favorite...if your into FAST trail-riding this is the one...you'll need to bring a "set ":D ...theres everything..highspeed mining roads..trails cut into the side of the mountain with switchback after switchback....it's by far the best..we stay in the town of Man,WV...here www.wvmountainrentals.com you can ride right from the house to the trail head...dont have to move you vehicle unless you want to travel to some of the other trails....you can ride from Man to the town of Gilbert..were we have also camped in Gilbert ...here http://www.twinhollowcampground.com...great place to camp... In gilbert you can also ride EVERYWHERE on you atv...even th McDonalds drive-through.:p

We've stayed at the Super 8 in Logan....its close to the Dingus Rum (Bear Wallow) trail system...this it where all the big 4x4's go...the have a mudhole they call the "quad-eater"...and it does...i've seen it personally..you can camp here..http://www.devilansecampground.com..we did once...it's nice..just a little small..but once again,you can ride to the trails from the campground.

The Little Coal River trail is a nice "warm-up" trail...its about 45 miles before you get to Logan...so we usually stop on the way down and ride this one..just to losen up after the 5 hour drive...nothing remarkable...you can buy your trail passes right here too

Buffalo Mountain (Rev. Compton) is an outstanding trail...with a little bit of everything...it takes you to the town of Matewan,KY...thats right KENTUCKY..nothing like a pic on your quad next to the giant "Welcome to KENTUCKY" sign....you can also ride your atv's through town here to get fuel and eat...

This year will be my 9th trip to HM and I havent been to the other three trails yet (just LOVE Rockhouse)..one they just opened and the other 2 are like another 60 miles from Man...but this year i'm definitely hitting at least one of the new ones...

I'll try to post some more pics tonight

OldSchoolin86
03-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Awesome stuff bp739! I'll look out for those pics and thanks for the info.

trainingwheeler
03-15-2008, 03:57 PM
hey no prob bp739 maybe we should start a thread for the hatfield mccoy trip see if we can get a big group ride going down there

SpeedBump
03-15-2008, 04:21 PM
HatField-McCoy..I been there as well. I enjoyed myself, but the trails are very rough. Beat the snot outta my machine. If ya go..be prepared for lots of rocks. If it has been raining...careful with the water crossings. Watched a couple machines float away after gettin swamped. There is a nice Drag strip that usually has an event during Dirt Week. Also they got a big ole hillclimb. I would suggest planning a ride during that week's events. Some of the BLACK trails are pretty technical. If you got a smaller machine and not lots of experience...I would tend to stay off them. I'm not saying you CAN'T or will NOT be able to run em, but with so many other trails, if would be fun getting in more riding, than spending a bunch of hours fighting with the blacks.

As for QuadFest...this came up last year and initally lots of guys wanted to roll out and attend. Never did get a good group to go. (thinkin a very small group of guys, 3-4 went and posted some pics somewhere, but can't remember where I saw em.) It is about 45-1hr from my place in Somerset, PA. Gets real busy and yes, lots of big UTEs. Traffic on the trails is bad most times. Beer drinkers with their wives...putt putt putt.

bp739
03-15-2008, 06:57 PM
HatField-McCoy..I been there as well. I enjoyed myself, but the trails are very rough. Beat the snot outta my machine. If ya go..be prepared for lots of rocks. If it has been raining...careful with the water crossings. Watched a couple machines float away after gettin swamped. There is a nice Drag strip that usually has an event during Dirt Week. Also they got a big ole hillclimb. I would suggest planning a ride during that week's events. Some of the BLACK trails are pretty technical. If you got a smaller machine and not lots of experience...I would tend to stay off them. I'm not saying you CAN'T or will NOT be able to run em, but with so many other trails, if would be fun getting in more riding, than spending a bunch of hours fighting with the blacks.

As for QuadFest...this came up last year and initally lots of guys wanted to roll out and attend. Never did get a good group to go. (thinkin a very small group of guys, 3-4 went and posted some pics somewhere, but can't remember where I saw em.) It is about 45-1hr from my place in Somerset, PA. Gets real busy and yes, lots of big UTEs. Traffic on the trails is bad most times. Beer drinkers with their wives...putt putt putt.

Right on ...trail condition is the main reason why we tend to go to HM as early in the season as possible...dirt week is fun but really tears up the trails...I agree about the black trails...like I said..."better bring a set"...I'm way past that stage though..i just enjoy rippin around the green & blue trails now....the black trails are like "been there - done that"...and almost lost a few machines in the process.

Somerset...thats cool..We've got a 10 acre camp that we ride over in Bakersville..

Your right on about the quad fest too...big 4x4's..beer...SLOW riders...and...wah! wah! your riding to fast..