PDA

View Full Version : TRI-Z or 250R for rent @ TF?

torker
03-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi there guys:

Does anyone have a good condition TRI-Z or 250R to loan or rent at TF 08?
I currently own both, but funds will not allow for me to ship any of my trykes from Puerto Rico. However, I'll be able to go this year for the first time. Just need something I can use and to move around Haspin Acres with the wife. Let's work something out. Let me know.
Thanks.
TORKER.

Louis Mielke
03-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Bud trust me, if you make it up there then you'll have something to ride. Most people bring plenty of bikes and I'm sure someone will loan you one. I don't know if I'd try to ride a 250r or a Z double though. You need someone to pick you up from an airport?

ProCarbine2k1
03-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Hey Torker, ton of good guys on this site. Just make sure you line something up with someone for sure, and be sure youre coming.
I went last year thinking someone had me covered and they didnt (told me they did atleast), probably wouldnt have made this trip if I had known, but I am very glad I did. Finally got to put some names with faces!
Ill tell ya what, I learned last year not to start a project a couple months from TF. But this year Ill be back and better looking than ever :lol: :lol:. Still owe John Swinehart a handshake and a couple cold ones!

MIK6
03-10-2008, 08:51 PM
I usually have my 350X sitting at camp for who ever needs a ride. raffa even did the backbone on it last year LOL.
Howdy rode my P3 for a bit and his wife took my prairie 700 for a good ride.
you will be able to find something!!

MIK6 / Mike

Bryan Raffa
03-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey Torker, ton of good guys on this site. Just make sure you line something up with someone for sure, and be sure youre coming.
I went last year thinking someone had me covered and they didnt (told me they did atleast), probably wouldnt have made this trip if I had known, but I am very glad I did. Finally got to put some names with faces!
Ill tell ya what, I learned last year not to start a project a couple months from TF. But this year Ill be back and better looking than ever :lol: :lol:. Still owe John Swinehart a handshake and a couple cold ones!

should have asked me dude..you could have rode my Z.. I rode the 350x most of the time..and hope to do the back bone with it again..I think this year Ill change the oil and do the valves..Ive had more seat time on that bike on the last few years than anyone,,:lol:

torker
03-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys. I'm trying to get something for sure. Reason being the arrival date, no sense on beeing there on wednesday without having something to ride and something I can use to move from place to place with the wifey (not racing with her on the back) Not planning on beeing crazy either. I mentioned the wife because she will be coming with me to this trip and I think beeing there without something to move around will be tough on us.

As stated, I currently own both, 3 R's and a Z and can bring some spares to whoever is kind enough to rent/lend me a trike (or quad) in Indiana (just in case).
If anyone is willing, Please, Please, let me know.

I know something can be worked out.

Thanks again,
TORKER.

torker
03-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Bud trust me, if you make it up there then you'll have something to ride. Most people bring plenty of bikes and I'm sure someone will loan you one. I don't know if I'd try to ride a 250r or a Z double though. You need someone to pick you up from an airport?

Last year the one of the OTC guys was kind enough and offerd to pick me up from the airport and even camping with them and a TRI-Z ot R for me to ride. That was pretty cool, unfortunately I couldn't make it due to my boss taking my
vacation/TF date for his own vacation. Not this year. This time I'll be arriving at Cincinatti Airport, renting a car and driving to Haspin Acres with the wife and camping there with her and all of you guys. :beer :beer
That will be super cool. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
I'll be taking all my safety gear (and hopefully, some spare change). If I find a cheap TRI-Z, I'll buy it if I can, use it and ship it in parts.
If someone has a cheap roller for sale, I can take my engine and some parts with me to make it a runner (need to know what parts exactly tho). Or a complete Z. I have to many R's.

I really apreciate you offering to pick me up, BIG THANKS. But for the time beeing, I think I'll be driving to TF08.

Thanks again
TORKER.

money89tractors
03-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks guys. I'm trying to get something for sure. Reason being the arrival date, no sense on beeing there on wednesday without having something to ride and something I can use to move from place to place with the wifey (not racing with her on the back) Not planning on beeing crazy either. I mentioned the wife because she will be coming with me to this trip and I think beeing there without something to move around will be tough on us.

As stated, I currently own both, 3 R's and a Z and can bring some spares to whoever is kind enough to rent/lend me a trike (or quad) in Indiana (just in case).
If anyone is willing, Please, Please, let me know.

I know something can be worked out.

Thanks again,
TORKER.

I plan on coming this year and i will have my Arctic Cat 500 with me. If so youre more than welcome to ride it around and its more than big enough for you and the wife. I dont want to make promises, since somethin may come up and i may not be able to come, but if im there, the quad is open to you.

-Phil

brapp
03-11-2008, 07:40 PM
hey man wellbe heading out somewhat early more than willing to help a brother out. i had a 350x there for use but louis broke it early on in the week. but i alswys have peopel hoppin on my trikes and its funny i am always doign double takes sayign to myself that wa smy bike but who was that on i t lol but if allelse fails your more than welcome to rid eone of mine just dont beat on em too bad lol

torker
03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
money89tractors and brapp:
Thank you both for your generosity. I will most definetely count on this. Will still be looking to find a Z or R,
if it's OK with you guys?
money89tractors, that Artic cat sure sounds like a great machine.
Brapp: I know exactly how it feels to loan a machine. It will be treated exactly the way you expect it to be.
Thanks again to both of ya'
TORKER.

torker
03-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Guys: I was thinking???
I have a completely professionally redone 89 TRX motor with new everything, and I mean everything. Cranckshaft, Rod, Wiseco Piston and rings, every single bearing, gaskets, seals, etc, etc, etc... Well over $1,500.00 spent and not broken-in yet.
Absolutely spotless. Also have an ESR CR ignition that needs the coil, but otherwise great and complete.

Do you guys think someone would be interested in trading these for a running condition Z of the same price at TF 08? Just a thought.

Hhhhmmmmmmmm???????????????
What do you guys think??? Is it worth it?
Should I post this in the classifieds? It is a Tryke Fest thing only after all.
TORKER.

brapp
03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
i dunno but i got enough part to build u an r for the event if you got an axle and carrier toolol

torker
03-12-2008, 12:01 AM
i dunno but i got enough part to build u an r for the event if you got an axle and carrier toolol

I know what you mean. I have 3 R's myself. That's why I'd like a TRI-Z, so I can use it, dissasemble it and ship it here. :naughty:

An R would be awesome to use. I do have axles and 85 and 86 carriers (w / new bearings). Are you willing??? :crazy: :lol: :lol:
What do I need to do?
TORKER.

torker
03-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Guys: I was thinking???
I have a completely professionally redone 89 TRX motor with new everything, and I mean everything. Cranckshaft, Rod, Wiseco Piston and rings, every single bearing, gaskets, seals, etc, etc, etc... Well over $1,500.00 spent and not broken-in yet.
Absolutely spotless. Also have an ESR CR ignition that needs the coil, but otherwise great and complete.

Do you guys think someone would be interested in trading these for a running condition Z of the same price at TF 08? Just a thought.

Hhhhmmmmmmmm???????????????
What do you guys think??? Is it worth it?
Should I post this in the classifieds? It is a Tryke Fest thing only after all.
TORKER.

Few pics of the engine...

http://i30.tinypic.com/28annty.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/2gt21xh.jpg

brapp
03-17-2008, 11:05 AM
hell man i'lljust bring my other r for ya to ride a 310 should be enough for any normal person lol

torker
03-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Hell yeahhhh!!!!
Your not kidding right? What do I need to bring?

1000 Thanks to you,
TORKER.