PDA

View Full Version : TF 08 Utility Challenge

atctim
03-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Last year I put on a Utility Class Challenge. It was a timed coarse that was technical and geared for utility machines. It was a success and great fun was had by all. The time last year was Thursday at noon. Fortunately the utility Challenge was run on a pre-existing coarse that Haspin had set up for an "ATV Rodeo" that took place there a few weeks earlier.

This year I will NOT be able to put on the Utility Challenge as I won't be getting there early enough to do so. If anyone wants to set this up - please feel free. Try not to interfere this event with any "Official Trikefest Event" - Thursday at noon seemed to work well for this.

250SXWheeliepop and Brapp also ran this with me - so they may be the ones to turn to if you guys wanna keep this event in the schedule. I hope to be there in time to spectate or maybe compete.

Thanks guys,
Tim

brapp
03-11-2008, 07:42 PM
hey man i am willign to help out somewhat but dont know where to start should we kepe uit simple and somewhat the same set u as last year?

atctim
03-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Brapp,

Hopefully they will have that same coarse pre set up like last year. If not - something back in the woods like we originally layed out would work out really well too - maybe better - definatley different.

Wish I could do this again this year! :(

brapp
03-11-2008, 11:28 PM
its cool man i am thinkign soemthgin similar but slightly diffrent mor eof a natural terain course similar to what we origionalyhad set up. btu willu be ther to compete if we set it up?

brapp
03-17-2008, 11:17 AM
hey guys is anyoen willign to help out when i get there to set soemthgin up?

bigred1
03-17-2008, 01:05 PM
just curious but why wouldn't this be a trike fest official event?

also is this something a hard tail could comp. in? can you give anymore details about course design?

johnny's X
03-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Brapp I could give you a hand, I think me and a couple friends will be there tuesday. Give me a shout and let me know what needs done.

bigred1
03-25-2008, 01:40 PM

also is this something a hard tail could comp. in? can you give anymore details about course design?

Is there any more info on this??

atctim
03-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Is there any more info on this??

mainly time restraints and an annual schedule that has already seemingly too many events to keep up with not only for the spectator and competitor, but for the staff as well.

also is this something a hard tail could comp. in?

Last year there were two classes - suspended and non suspended.

can you give anymore details about course design?

Here is a youtube video that shows last years coarse. hopefully this coarse will still be set up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLhooPY7CIY

Tri-ZNate
03-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Here is a youtube video that shows last years coarse. hopefully this coarse will still be set up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLhooPY7CIY

I dunno Tim, I'd almost prefer a woods course. If nothing is set-up we'll have to clash brains and figure this out. You know I'll help :beer

brapp
04-30-2008, 11:36 AM
well we can play it by ear and set soemthgin up if the course isnt there this year. i'llbe out there kinda early and should be alright.

keister
05-05-2008, 10:20 AM
well we can play it by ear and set soemthgin up if the course isnt there this year. i'llbe out there kinda early and should be alright.

What day will the big diesel be pulling into Haspin?

J.D.
05-05-2008, 10:53 AM
I should be there Wednesday, around noon or so. I should be hard to miss, I'll be in a black 2000 Chevy Z71 with a red 5x10 trailer, and I'll either be riding a white 86250R or a Big Red 250, and I'll be wearing a helmet painted up with a Rebel flag. I'll be floatin around somewhere if y'all need some help!

Tri-ZNate
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
What day will the big diesel be pulling into Haspin?

Which Diesel :cool:. When he gets back on here maybe he'll throw a pic of her up

brapp
05-06-2008, 08:40 PM
i got a 2003 white f 250 6 inch lift on 33's 4 doof long bed with stacks and just picked up a 2005 f250 4 door black shortbed both are 4x4 ya cant miss us!

Russell 350X
05-17-2008, 11:42 PM
I should be out there Tuesday afternoon to help set up if need be.

ditchmud
05-18-2008, 10:15 PM
what day are you planning to do this event? I'll be there thurs. morning early afternoonish. I missed this event last year and would like to give it a try.

brapp
05-21-2008, 10:27 PM
i am not shur eif i am comign otu this yea rthigns are too tight right now.

ditchmud
05-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Hope you can make it brapp. your always good entertainment.

brapp
05-23-2008, 07:29 PM
yeah man sorry i got screwed on 2 jobs and out close to 3500 and also just has almost 2k in truck wotor work done (godda***********************hit ford 6.0 diesel) yeah expensive but a good over all motor when it runs right.but it dont look too goo dright now unles si just ride my dualpsport out for the weekend.

Tri-ZNate
05-23-2008, 08:15 PM
IF Brapp is able to go out this year we'll most likely be taking my truck out or working something out. If were car poolin we wont be leaving till thursday morning. Everything will be sorted out this weekend.

ditchmud
05-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I was at haspin this weekend riding with the kid. I saw were it looks like the utillity course was set up last year. I'm not sure because I'm going by the u tube vid. It looked like the course is still in tact for the most part.

keister
05-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Last year the utility course was near the drag strip / big MX track. If you get to the end of the drag strip and keep going straight for a few minutes, you would run right into it.

ditchmud
05-27-2008, 01:51 PM
The course that i saw, if you went along the big mx track and kept going you would run into it. Sounds like the same one. I forgot my camera so I couldn't take pics.

keister
05-28-2008, 11:19 AM
That is it. IT is past the big MX track.