PDA

View Full Version : Buy it Now issue

smvorndran
03-18-2008, 08:26 PM
I've been on ebay for 8 years, and just recently ran into problems. It used to be when there was a buy it now, the first bid that meets the reserve, or the very first bid when there's no reserve, would knock out the buy it now. I've had quite a few auctions I've been bidding on, that had no reserve, and I bid to knock out the buy it now, but it's still available. I bid on some SX parts yesterday to knock out the buy it now, was the high bidder, but it sold tonight for buy it now. I'm confused how it works now. Anybody know?

smvorndran

Howdy
03-18-2008, 09:05 PM
My understanding the B.I.N. will stay in effect for a while after a bid is placed. They did this change so that sellers that paid for BIN could still have it in effect for a while. Don't you just love the New Feebay crap? All the changes they have done in the past year has turned me away from selling there. I'm looking into opening up my own parts web site so I don't have deal with feebay, eGay, or what ever you want to call it.
Howdy

tbirdscott
03-20-2008, 11:49 PM
If someone else is willing to pay more than you for the part they win, It is an auction you know. You had the same opportunity to use the BIN feature but you werent willing to pay the price, someone else was, you lose.

Scott