PDA

View Full Version : Latest addition to my collection of junk...

i58829
03-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Here's my latest craigslist find. It was only 7 miles from my house, built by an old man and tilts. To my suprise all of the lights work on it, i was told it used to be the frame from an airstream camper. It had some new tires mounted a couple years ago, has a spare wheel, and a new tongue bolted on to it. Anyway it was 80.00 plus i had to spend 25.00 for a reciever and ball. It has those little 6 or 7 inch wheels that are like 6 inches wide so it should work perfectly for the 3 wheelers. Now i can get them out and wash/tune them. If it passes my inspection and survives getting cleaned at the car wash in the morning i may be taking it north to ocala next weekend to pick up a green project, after a little rattle can special paint job.

So what seems like a pointless post is actually my attempt to find friends. Haha well anyway now i can load up to go ride at croom (my R has a fresh sticker) and not have to remove any parts to haul it, anyone wanna go? Later, TC...

oldsking86
03-22-2008, 10:26 PM
If we had stickers yea we'd be down! Sad thing is they don't allow the rhino

i58829
03-22-2008, 11:15 PM
I've never been, actually i've barely ridden more than 25 minutes in Fl total, so its something i'd like to check out...

i58829
03-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Its steel and pretty heavy with cross braces that run the full width every 2 feet. The pivot bolt has a fair amount of slop in it and theres some rust through on the outter edges, but hey what do you expect. I didn't think the lights would work so that was a plus, I was just out in the garage checking it out, and it looks like i can take out the pivot bolt and make plates at work to weld in new 'holes' so it will be tighter. And this thing has leaf springs on it...

WIkid500
03-23-2008, 09:21 AM
repack the wheel bearings before you go anywhere with it. It's cheap insurance and you will know the trailer wheel won't be passing you up at 60mph going down the hwy.

i58829
03-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Good point, i think i'll do that. I drug it over to my work today to wash it off, it will clean up pretty nice with some paint. The hubs have grease fittings will the be good enough or should i try to take it all apart to make sure everything is in good shape? Do i need any special tools or huge sockets for that? Thanks, TC...

OTAlucard
03-24-2008, 09:50 PM
hey i was just looking at this is this your bike ?

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/958072/

i saw the picture in your sig and it looks like it is

Hoosier
03-24-2008, 11:02 PM
hey i was just looking at this is this your bike ?

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/958072/

i saw the picture in your sig and it looks like it is

Same seat cover. Wheels, etc are different.

icp4life162005
03-25-2008, 12:36 AM
he has a 250R that is black-look at the expansion chamber- now on the link is a 350x i think! notice the lack of an expansion chamber.

SYKO
03-25-2008, 09:59 AM
DUDE... you need to come up here and ride with us in waycross, at sandhill, much cleaner and nicer then croom and only 10 bucks, I got plenty of room at my house for peeps to stay, might need to get another ride going up here, fla 2 stroke and others like it here it may take you 3 hrs to get here but the riding is worth it just ask fla 2 stroke and the rest that have been there, billy g, louis more etc etc...

Billy Golightly
03-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah I liked it a lot. It woulda been a lot funner with some better tires then what I had (some ole el cheapo paddle tires would be the hot ticket I think) But it is a cool area, I like it.

SYKO
03-25-2008, 10:36 AM
yea I cant wait till it dries out some more...maybe we should plan something? later in april? there is a big cookout in may for peeps who want to sign up for a whole year lease, I know Curtis is going to do it, I may if I have the money dunno yet.

i58829
03-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Syko I'd love to get up there with you guys, my old chebby is getting painted (since sept) up in Pa, once i get it down here i'd be more than willing to throw one in the back and come up for a weekend.

We're waiting on kid #2 so it may become a little tough in the next couple months but once thats settled and everyone is healthy i should have my truck. I'll keep you guys informed and as of right now let shoot for something late may or sometime in june. The crazy thing is its already almost april so that wont be too far off. Maybe i can take off the wheels and stagger the tecate (assuming its running) and one of the hondas in the bed.

I was going for the croom deal because its close and my R is registered there.

As for the pic, thats not mine. The R in my sig is all black, and the X is pretty well stock in appearance...

SYKO
03-25-2008, 08:56 PM
hey man Im the MASTER at pilling large amounts of trikes in a bed of a truck! if its long wheel base I can get 4 fullsize sport trikes packed in and 2 little mid size trikes!!! short bed I can get three fullsize trikes and 1 mid size trike, minitruck I can get 2 fullsize and 1 midsize... yea we need some more peeps to come up here and ride! we can also camp out there as well and theres swimming! sounds like a great summer trike retreat in the south to me!

i58829
03-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Nice, well then maybe i can wedge 2 into this thing. It's just your run of the mill sb chevy with a black grill and rubber mat on the floor. I haven't seen it since before christmas but it should be dropped 2/4 and have some later model brake/front end parts. Also my tires are 2 inches shorter than stock and mounted on 17" edelbrock 5 spoke wheels. I can't wait to get it down here, its been a long time coming.

Anyway that cookout may work out, let me know when people are coming, and we'll go from there if i can make it fine if not it will be closer to mid june...

SYKO
03-25-2008, 10:25 PM
oh yea 2 trikes in that easy! keep a look out in local riding thread as soon as I find out the dates for the cookout I will post that, then I may do another one for a summer ride, in the same thread, just like the old OCALA ride thread that went for 100 pages or so...lol man...miss those days.... I usually pm all the fl boys when somethin is afoot any way.