PDA

View Full Version : what are your thoughts/experiences with house hauntings?

300rman
03-28-2008, 03:31 AM
ok, if anyone tries to tell me that there are no such thing as hauntings, i am here to tell you that you are dead-ass wrong.
i am a Christian, so what i have to say has nothing to do with some whacked out religion.

It all started years ago. we ripped up a part of out old house because it needed fixin. Ever since then, odd things happen in the house. people see other people, hear voices calling to them, chanting their name, even threatening us.
we have since built a new, larger, more spacious house, but left 1 old wall standing so it would be considered an addition.
well, for awhile things chilled out. not a soul in sight (no pun intended).
last few years, everyone has seen something. it usually pops up as deja-vu style, where (examle) dad will talk to mom, walk back in the house and upstairs, and mom will be sitting there folding laundry. dad flips out and is like WTF and mom is like ???

more recently, objects have taken flight. i walked into the front door a few months ago to get hit in the head with a CD that had flew down the stairs. there were 2 others on the floor already. im like WTF? and my little brother stops investigating, and looks downstairs to see me. he thought i was throwing the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, but there was noone in my room. Now heres the creepy part, the discs that were thrown were a part of a video game set that i had buried under a mountain of other crap. i went to dig them out, and there were the cases, but no discs inside...........

just tonight, at (yep, you guessed it) 3AM, my sister had a freaky encounter. she was just settling into bed, about to lay down, when someone whispered her name and told her it would kill her. Then it threw something off her floor into the wall.
then i was like WHAT THE HELL are you throwing in there and shes in there freaking out...........

i have woke up at night and seen people in my room. but when i wake up, it is daylight, and it appears to be my bro or sis. but they just stand there. so i throw a pillow at them, and as soon as it hits them, its like someone hits the light switch and everything is DARK, except for the alarm clock.....you guessed the time.....3AM

one day i was late to wake up for school. my mom would sometimes tickle my face with her hair. well, this particular morning, i opened my eyes, and heres this lady with black hair over her face. i closed my eyes and rolled over like go away im sick!
then im like......NO mom has light brown hair......so now im awake. my room door and closet door are closed, and they didnt open or close after i rolled over......
about 2 minutes after that, mom bursts in like YOUR LATE! im like were you just in here a minute ago? shes like no, i just got back form the gas station........

every time my friends stay the night, i hear about the voices/whispers they hear the next day.

Quite often the dog will act very odd, and not enter a room, kinda stepping around uneasily, staring where there is nothing out of the ordinary, like someone is standing there that shouldnt be. he gets mean and growly, and wont go anywhere, just kinds walks in place. its wierd.

and its not just the house.
we went on an entire family vacation (aunts, uncles, cousins) and everyone was seeing/hearing things. babies crying, people fighting, things moving, but not everyone heard everything at the same time. and oh god the voices at night could keep anyone awake. my sister and cousin had something play with their feet, as did my dad. my aunt heard tons of sleeptalking by her niece/room sharing person. well, the last night we were there, she was alone on that entire floor, and heard the same voice all the same.....she about died from heart failure lol. My uncle had something bouncing on his bed, he thought it was his son, until his son was like DAD STOP BOUNCING. they tripped out too.
and even the pictures taken in the house we stayed at were weird. every picture from everyones camera has a weird speck, like a small, pinhead sized white speck. on every picture from different cameras. all in different places on the photo. but ONLY on shots inside the house.
there are even a few cases of extreme discoloration of things like walls, ceiling, and floors, like the house was old or had been damaged/water spills/whatever. only thing is that the house was flawless.......only seen the damaged areas in the photos.......

So waht do you guys think about all this strange *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*?

i also have 2 really wierd experiences with, what i believe, to be UFO's, but i wont get into that now, im tired.

Nick_R_23
03-28-2008, 03:46 AM
I think somethings trying to tell you to go to bed before 3 AM!!! :lol:

-Nick :TrikesOwn

84honda200s
03-28-2008, 03:46 AM
hmmmmmmm man thats some kinda strange stuff there. i say if this stuff is going down ya better get the hell out ha ha ha. but are you sure your minds arnt going :crazy: on you ? i mean sometimes if 1 person claims they herd/saw something everyone else thinks the did too. now this is truly a interesting post that needs pictures. scan them babies and post em up.

The Goat
03-28-2008, 04:34 AM
eh, I'm with you 100% here.

every year we used to take a tour of myrtle's plantation around halloween.

a few years ago while the tour was going on, I got bored, I had heard the same stuff at least 10 times before, so I started admiring the house.

Little architectural things, design flaws, just simple *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* to keep my mind busy. Well we were standing in the doorway of the dining room with our backs to the dining room itself. Where we are standing being the only entrance. So I'm looking at these two little girls in the dining room, they are just playing, as kids do...but something wasn't right. I kept staring, and couldn't figure out why it gave me the most eerie feeling in the world.

So I interrupted the guide and told her there were two children in the dining area unsupervised...when we all look, they were gone. There is no way they walked past me without me having to move...and they were no where in the room. Everyone in the group thought I was part of the act, except the old lady leading the tour.

What's odd is that there were three people who died in myrtle's plantation. The two little girls, and then the slave woman who accidentally poisoned them. To this day I haven't been back for another tour.

Something kind of funny, I was telling my mom we had gone over there for a tour (leaving out the creepy part) and she told me a story of 20 years before. Apparently she had a rental car at the time, while she was standing in line waiting to go on the tour, she was watching these two little girls play by a water fountain, she blinked, and they were gone. Later, she realized she lost her keys and goes to the front to ask if anyone found them, no one had. She goes to where the little girls were playing, and her set of keys are sitting right there on the bench.

If you want some other stories, I've also seen a 3 foot white creature with the head of a dog, but standing on two legs. I've been chased through the woods at night by something large enough to shatter trees 6in in diameter.

Here's one, the other night, about a month back, me and schmee are out in the shop behind the house working on some stuff. We here this roaring sound, so I walk outside, and there is a plane at about one or two thousand feet. By the sound of it, it was like a jet moving alone at 30,000 feet at 600 mph, but it was low...and It wasn't moving very fast at all. It had three or four lights on it. These lights would gradually get brighter and brighter over a 5 second period and then, bam, they would go out. Something else is that this thing was huge. a 747 flying at 2000ft wouldn't appear this big. It was almost like an oldschool blimp with a turbo prop, but it was definitely odd.

300rman
03-28-2008, 12:01 PM
i mean sometimes if 1 person claims they herd/saw something everyone else thinks the did too.

thats just it though. someone will hear something, and everyone else is like WTF?
my dad isnt someone that spoks easily, or buys into wierd crap, but this gets him every time.
and as for the friends, i never told them about it, so as not to spook nobody......sure enough DUDE who the hell was whispering last night?
Odd things like that are getting close to a daily thing anymore for at least 1 person.

as for pics, if i can find them, I will gladly post them up. coincidentally, that particular vacation scrapbook has come up missing. i will dig around and see if anyone has any digi-pics.

as for the UFO's....both incidents happened out in the country.

i was sleeping in a camper, for whatever reason i woke up.
looked out the window, about 500 yards out into the field, there as a small patch of woods. there was this really BRIGHT light moving in a + sign motion. up, down, half up, side to side, then up and down again.
i watched for a few minutes, then i woke up my cousin who was out there with me. just as he was getting to the window, the thing took off so fast it looked like a shooting star.....going UP.

the other time, i was cruising down a country road with my cousin. (different cousin, headed to same place as last incident happened) all a sudden, the front of the car lights up for a brief second, like there was a spotlight above us. i could see the bulb/light source on the hood of my car, and it was ABOVE me shining down. i passed it off as me being nuts until my cousin next to me was like....dude what the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* was that? there were no cars, streetlamps, nothing around for miles that would give off any kind of light, much less something as bright as a flash of daylight.

eh, I'm with you 100% here.

every year we used to take a tour of myrtle's plantation around halloween.

a few years ago while the tour was going on, I got bored, I had heard the same stuff at least 10 times before, so I started admiring the house.

Little architectural things, design flaws, just simple *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* to keep my mind busy. Well we were standing in the doorway of the dining room with our backs to the dining room itself. Where we are standing being the only entrance. So I'm looking at these two little girls in the dining room, they are just playing, as kids do...but something wasn't right. I kept staring, and couldn't figure out why it gave me the most eerie feeling in the world.

So I interrupted the guide and told her there were two children in the dining area unsupervised...when we all look, they were gone. There is no way they walked past me without me having to move...and they were no where in the room. Everyone in the group thought I was part of the act, except the old lady leading the tour.

What's odd is that there were three people who died in myrtle's plantation. The two little girls, and then the slave woman who accidentally poisoned them. To this day I haven't been back for another tour.

Something kind of funny, I was telling my mom we had gone over there for a tour (leaving out the creepy part) and she told me a story of 20 years before. Apparently she had a rental car at the time, while she was standing in line waiting to go on the tour, she was watching these two little girls play by a water fountain, she blinked, and they were gone. Later, she realized she lost her keys and goes to the front to ask if anyone found them, no one had. She goes to where the little girls were playing, and her set of keys are sitting right there on the bench.

If you want some other stories, I've also seen a 3 foot white creature with the head of a dog, but standing on two legs. I've been chased through the woods at night by something large enough to shatter trees 6in in diameter.

Here's one, the other night, about a month back, me and schmee are out in the shop behind the house working on some stuff. We here this roaring sound, so I walk outside, and there is a plane at about one or two thousand feet. By the sound of it, it was like a jet moving alone at 30,000 feet at 600 mph, but it was low...and It wasn't moving very fast at all. It had three or four lights on it. These lights would gradually get brighter and brighter over a 5 second period and then, bam, they would go out. Something else is that this thing was huge. a 747 flying at 2000ft wouldn't appear this big. It was almost like an oldschool blimp with a turbo prop, but it was definitely odd.

yeah, the children thing is much like what happened to a few of the mothers on that particular family trip. that kind of stuff really is unexplainable except for 1 explanation.........and it is very eerie to say in the least when/if it does happen to you.

krizo88
03-28-2008, 02:11 PM
:rolleyes: Call TAPS!

hinddee29
03-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I'd get someone to come out and take a look. If they are following you to other places. Then they will never leave with out help.

I well it happens mostly to my wife. I think ours is a Female and maybe a child.
I still would like to find the history of my house.
As you started with remodeling. Little stuff started happening. Playing with the washer. The lid kept coming up. There would be times 2 to 3 time we would have to close it again. The wife hears things and see's thing move from time to time.
One day she was the only one home and heard a female voice say "ask Shane"
which is me. She was like ask Shane what? Nothing back. So getting spooked she got up and took a shower. When she got out every light and TV was on.

Now for me really the only thing that has happen was no night all alone and the day before was working on the house. Anyway was woking up to a big load BANG!
for down stairs. It was so load I just about jump right out of bed. Went down stairs to find the closet door open. Found it odd because I closed it before I went to bed. Then I notice the dent in my wood trim from the door slamming open.
Have heard things falling up stairs and when I go up to see nothing is wrong.

Far as the dog. My German Shepard we used to have would freak out at times.
My kids have said they have seen a little kid. A girl If I remember right.
It's been awhile since anything has happend. We are due.
I'll tell ya I couldn't handle seeing a figure or seeing thing fly across the room.

Shane

300rman
03-28-2008, 04:16 PM
i dont think it followed us there, i think it was 2 different spirits. there are tons of gravesites around where we stayed, and even though it was a new place, im thinkin there were graves there at one point.

and the events and things the spirits did at the vacation house had a different feeling, and most of the events were very different.

but yeah, the sh!t flying around and the threatening whispers are really getting out of hand.

i personally dont get directly bothered much, but everyone else is, and they bother me with it. I think my lack of giving a crap helps a little, but if it started happening to me, i would flip. stuff like that spooks me bad lol.

I think somethings trying to tell you to go to bed before 3 AM!!! :lol:

-Nick :TrikesOwn

most of the time you wake up at that time, has nothing to do with staying up lol.

84honda200s
03-28-2008, 04:48 PM
dude id call someone. it's kinda strange stuff man. if they are throwing stuff does this mean they can actually hold true to their threats ??? kinda makes you wonder a bit.

but i must admit here at work (ski resort) we have stuff that goes on at the end of the night. like we have huge swinging doors that will open all the way on their own and our cameras in the lunch line sees white figures time to time. usually during off season. before it was a ski lodge it was golf course then a motel with an Olympic size pool that is rumored to have claimed lives in the 40'2 and 50's. kinda weird but if there is anything here it just minds its own business and freaks us out by opening doors.

im not into the whole ghost stuff at all but working here does kinda make me wonder if they are real. just because of the weird stuff that happens.

400exguy
03-28-2008, 09:03 PM
When I see these types of things on tv i always wonder why the people dont get out of the house. The things that happen to them are super scary and super freaky but they stay around for years and take all of this in the whole time then finally leave. IF something like this happened to me more then once, I would be out of the house quicker then *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*.

lndy650
03-28-2008, 10:05 PM
on the farm me and my uncle ran there was wierd stuff that happened. a long time ago 7 kids died from diptheria and it was the middle of winter so they had to hang them in the wood shed till spring when they buried them...my uncle had a little boy jump in front of the bedroom door and yell "somebody somebody somebody". theres always sounds of people walking up the stairs even when everyone is in bed. as for the barn i would be milking and the radio station would change so after a few years i snapped the dial off so nothing could physically change it and it would still change from time to time and i was stuck listening to whatever it was on... i would throw hay down and count the bales sometimes there would be less than i counted so i went up and tossed more down and when i came back down it was the same amount as before... i had something like a big bolt or somthin fly by my head once and broke a window and noone was around went to the window and couldnt find what broke it... weird *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* we had a priest bless the house and things calmed down but didnt go away
stuff being thrown really freaks me out!

lndy650
03-28-2008, 10:06 PM
When I see these types of things on tv i always wonder why the people dont get out of the house. The things that happen to them are super scary and super freaky but they stay around for years and take all of this in the whole time then finally leave. IF something like this happened to me more then once, I would be out of the house quicker then *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*.

sometimes its hard to leave the place you live

tbirdscott
03-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Some people are more prone to seeing stuff than others so "spirits" may not be following you, you may just be seeing more.

The house I grew up in there was a female in a white night gown I'd always see walking in the hallway between the two bedrooms towards the kitchen and there was one cupboard door in the kitchen that would be open every morning, otherwise she never bothered us.

In another house I lived in briefly which was originally constructed in 1910 or so and was operated as a speakeasy during the years or prohibition. Very cool house, had 3 hidden light switches that operated 'emergency lights' in the basement and a hidden staircase that led from behind a basement door to a door which from the outside appeared to exit the porch. Any time you were in the house alone in the basement you would hear footsteps upstairs, sometimes walking, sometimes running, soft, loud, whatever, freaked out quite a few of my friends with that. the front door light and radios had a tendency to turn on at night aswell but not too often, once every two or three months.

Never encountered any angry "spirits" luckily but a friend of mine had a large loaded tool chest hit a concrete wall with the top (as in in the air, laying on its back) hard enough to crack it right through in an old garage he rented to do an engine swap, needless to say he finished the swap in his driveway. I'm pretty sure he still has the tool chest though.

I spend alot of the summer out in the bush looking. found quite a few small gravesites but none of them creepy. and no bigfoot yet but if I ever see him I'm chasing the sumbitch down!

Scott

The Goat
03-29-2008, 01:54 AM
bigfoot in the daylight and I have a gunn, cool, bigfoot at night and I don't have a gun, I'm fleeing. And when scared, I can run.

lol...makes me think, friend of mine threw a stick at like a 20 gallon gas tank i was standing by. There was a small fire by it, and the tank was supposed to be full of water...the stick pushed some fumes out and the tank began spinning and spouting flame. I took off running so fast that my shoes stayed right where they were. I must have done the 40 in about 4.8.

ps...bigfoot is scary

super90
03-29-2008, 02:18 AM
bigfoot in the daylight and I have a gunn, cool, bigfoot at night and I don't have a gun, I'm fleeing. And when scared, I can run.

lol...makes me think, friend of mine threw a stick at like a 20 gallon gas tank i was standing by. There was a small fire by it, and the tank was supposed to be full of water...the stick pushed some fumes out and the tank began spinning and spouting flame. I took off running so fast that my shoes stayed right where they were. I must have done the 40 in about 4.8.

ps...bigfoot is scary

Bigfoot was suppose to have been spotted in my town last year and caught on a trail camera, It looked like a starved bear to me :crazy: But around the time the whole bucky phillips and bigfoot thing kept me out of the woods until things calmed down :eek:. No ghost encounters here, except last night I was home alone as usual and didnt get to sleep around 3:45 and the damn cat kept scratching my door to get in or something. So after like 10 mins I got pissed and opened the door and the cat was gone. So I go out into the kitchen and the cats sleeping on the chair and the chair was warm so it was there for a while, and I only have 1 cat in the house? So I brought the cat in my room to see what the hell it was, shut off the light and layed in bed and watched the cat just sit there and stare and the corner of the ceiling for a few minuted until it just flips out and runs under the bed. I tryed to get it out but it clawed the hell out of my arm and was completely terrified. So I just went to bed and didnt thing much of it :lol:

300rman
03-29-2008, 02:32 AM
certain people being able to see more is most definitely true.
my sister has been seeing people for since she was born. you could tell when she was younger cause she would be like whose that? wed look around and be like WHO? and shed point at empty space and say HIM right THERE.
now she just keeps it to herself. there have been a few other odd incidents where after seeing a picture of a person that had died out by the family cottage thing (drown in lake), she would say OH ive seen that kid before, down on the beach and stuff the other day, sux he died. and the parents are like....hes been dead for 20 years.

as for taking it easy if a pet just flipped out for no reason, i would be totally creeped out. and the more you try to hear something, the more likely you will.....

Tri-ZNate
03-29-2008, 03:33 AM
stuff being thrown really freaks me out!

You got that right! Foot steps, voices, ect are fine but once stuff starts flyin thats the end of my sanity

brapp
03-29-2008, 10:14 AM
ha foronc ei am nto the craszy one!!!!!!!!!

lndy650
03-30-2008, 10:23 AM
call me crazy but i believe in bigfoot and i live in the middle of no where i take a gun on my back everywhere if im in the shop working i have a gun next to me! we got bears, wolves, coyotes and cougars around too i love the country but these things tend to freak me out sometimes

300rman
03-30-2008, 05:28 PM
call me crazy but i believe in bigfoot and i live in the middle of no where i take a gun on my back everywhere if im in the shop working i have a gun next to me! we got bears, wolves, coyotes and cougars around too i love the country but these things tend to freak me out sometimes

yeah i mean, who the hell wants to get ate!?

tbirdscott
03-30-2008, 06:25 PM
I might very well be crazy but If I had the chance to see something like an actual 'big foot' with my own eyes, something that isnt supposed to exist, I would totally go for it.. Its like going 200kmh on a motorcycle with no helmet, not bright at all but the feeling is like nothing else.

Scott

300rman
03-30-2008, 11:53 PM
lol i think if you saw a bigfoot, it would run........would explain why they havent really been found.

Erics350x
03-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Have your cars checked for exhaust leaks and your house for gas leaks, cause your all high on something.

But seriously, I think paranoia is playing a huge part.

lndy650
03-31-2008, 10:46 AM
^this guy must not live in a house from the 1800's

Erics350x
03-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Old houses make alot of noises, but its paranoia that makes those noises ghosts. If it where happaening on while they where home i'd be alittle more open i guess, but he say's it happened while staying somewhere else also. :crazy:

For the record i own a house from the 1890's, its noisy but not haunted.

Billy Golightly
03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
This house makes all sorts of creeking and pounding noises in the walls and roof and ceiling sometimes but its nothing but stuff shifting around from cold and heat expansion. I don't pay it any mind.

Ryan.
03-31-2008, 02:53 PM
i dont think it followed us there, i think it was 2 different spirits. there are tons of gravesites around where we stayed, and even though it was a new place, im thinkin there were graves there at one point.

and the events and things the spirits did at the vacation house had a different feeling, and most of the events were very different.

but yeah, the sh!t flying around and the threatening whispers are really getting out of hand.

i personally dont get directly bothered much, but everyone else is, and they bother me with it. I think my lack of giving a crap helps a little, but if it started happening to me, i would flip. stuff like that spooks me bad lol.

most of the time you wake up at that time, has nothing to do with staying up lol.

i have studied ghost for some time, and actually ghost dont stay around grave yards. they need a energy source, and everything in a graveyard is dead... by graveyards people will likely see orbs, these being balls of energy used to travel and they are angels, spirit guides, and things in that matter not ghost, and they are good, and have positive energy.

but your house itself could be haunted, you can have the local Catholic priest came and bless it and even have a exorcism scheduled. but you must know for a fact thats its haunted.

300rman
03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
well, our hosue is less than 5 years old......
we dont hear creaks and groas, but words, whispers,sentences......

even if it WAS paranoia, thet doesnt explain the magic flying objects in the least...those cant be imagined be everyone at the same time.......

Ryan.
03-31-2008, 07:17 PM
well, our hosue is less than 5 years old......
we dont hear creaks and groas, but words, whispers,sentences......

even if it WAS paranoia, thet doesnt explain the magic flying objects in the least...those cant be imagined be everyone at the same time.......

you said you remodeled didnt you? if so that could have angered the ghost and make them become more active