PDA

View Full Version : anyone got exotic pets? here are pics of mine

200xkwit
04-14-2008, 10:59 PM
idk y i have a strange taste for animals but i like them. i have 3 dogs also all boxers. the snake is a ball python she is an awsome snake. shes about 2 1/2 -3 ft right now. she will get bigger. but she is a very very docile snake she has never struck at me at all. shes a regualer pattern with some nice gold on her tummy. the scorpions are african emporer scorps. the big guy there is named james. there pretty cool it would be hard to find a pet sitter for them. the little one is about to have some babies in a month or 2 here. so let me know if you want one lol they eat crickets and live in a 10 gallon tank. so lets see what you got!

Bryan Raffa
04-14-2008, 11:05 PM
I got a one eyed trouser snake..:lol: :naughty:

nice reptiles!;)

chris200x
04-14-2008, 11:20 PM
I got a one eyed trouser snake..:lol: :naughty:

nice reptiles!;)

:rolleyes: :postwhore

pickleweasel_00
04-15-2008, 01:03 AM
think I've posted pics of him before, but I got a ferret. Can't help but laugh every time I see him :)

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v161/157/2/503538354/n503538354_275650_4209.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v161/157/2/503538354/n503538354_275653_6360.jpg

dickieg89
04-15-2008, 07:20 PM
I have 2 ferrets, the one I had before them, named after one of the beastmasters ferrets, poto died of pancreatic cancer in 2004, he was the best. After I would get hom from work I would let him out of his cage and he had free range of the house. He also took over the bottom drawer of my dresser for his night time bed.

I also have a yellow lab named killian who is a good pheasant dog and an austrailian shep. named summer who is smarter than my wife, somedays...

Aka_am
04-16-2008, 02:17 AM
I so want a ferret? any thing you can tell me about them?

pickleweasel_00
04-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I so want a ferret? any thing you can tell me about them?

Well, let's see...

They do require a good ammount of attention since they can get bored easily and like to get into anything new :) I think the rule of thumb is if you keep them in a cage, they need at least 1-2 hours of playtime outside of the cage a day. They can be litter trained so they will go in a box like a cat.

Don't let them eat peanuts, that's a big no no since it can block theur intestine requiring surgery to remove.

Only give them a bath no more than once a month, they stay pretty clean but if you wash them too often it messes with the oil in their skin and wil make them smell more. They don't smell bad at all, just keep their cage and bedding clean. Mine is hardly ever in his cage, but for the bedding in his cage I have a furry bathmat. It's soft and easy to clean. If you do let them run free in the house, you need to make sure you block off any areas that you don't want them to go. They can and will get into small spaces.

I can still go on, but basically keep their cage clean, trim their nails and clean their ears regularly (most pet stores have stuff just for ferrets), and put in some time to play with them every day. They are fun to play with so you won't ever get bored :) And buy a book on ferret care and read up on it before you buy one so you know what you are getting into :beer