PDA

View Full Version : dual row bearing carrier?

OldSchoolin86
04-15-2008, 09:36 PM
I cracked my carrier, trashed my axle and gouged my sprocket hub on my 400ex. I have the axle and hub covered but I was wondering how the dual row carriers work. Do they use stock sized bearings and seals and what do they do between the bearings, is there a spacer tube like stock but shorter? They have to have something in there right?

Mosh
04-16-2008, 06:56 AM
The dual rows have a shorter spacer tube than stock.The aluminum housing is recessed deeper and fitted with wider bearings.The bearings are all one piece and double the width than stock.So 2 total.
They are not the same as stock bearings.They sell replacement bearings seperately to fit those carriers.

A few people have told me,that they replace the Dual row bearings with 4 stock bearings when the dual rows get loose.But I have not tried that.So I cant say that works for sure.

Just a FYI.My catalogs show that the 400ex and 86-89TRX 250R use the same carriers and part numbers.

OldSchoolin86
04-16-2008, 08:20 PM
The dual rows have a shorter spacer tube than stock.The aluminum housing is recessed deeper and fitted with wider bearings.The bearings are all one piece and double the width than stock.So 2 total.
They are not the same as stock bearings.They sell replacement bearings seperately to fit those carriers.

A few people have told me,that they replace the Dual row bearings with 4 stock bearings when the dual rows get loose.But I have not tried that.So I cant say that works for sure.

Just a FYI.My catalogs show that the 400ex and 86-89TRX 250R use the same carriers and part numbers.Much appreciated! That's exactly the info I needed.