PDA

View Full Version : A Day At The Local Races....................................

G-MAN-1
06-08-2003, 09:26 PM
well all my hard work finally paid off today as my son took 9th overall in the pw-50 open class at the local hometown track. he finished infront of alot of ktm s, and cobra bikes wich is hard on a pw-50. but he was happy as hell to finish up there. and surprised everybody in the family that made it there today. well its off to bed just thought i would express some of my excite with some of yous...........also just checked the southwick nationals and the new yorker ryan mills took a 3 rd place finish in the mx nationals. he rides for AMSOIL HONDA. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

kyle
06-08-2003, 09:46 PM
tell your son CONGRATS FROM ALL AT 3WW!!!!!

TimSr
06-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Hey G-man, thats great! He will really enjoy it so long as the emphasis is on having fun and doing his best to enjoy it. Youll encounter a few parents that pressure their kids, and spend hundreds trying to make them win, but the real winners are the kids who try hard, have fun, and are happy with something less than first. Did they give plaques or trophies? A lot places here give all of the kids something in the peewee classes. You need to get lots of pictures, and definately videotape! Congratulatsions to the little racer!

G-MAN-1
06-09-2003, 08:29 PM
thanks tim . they give all the peewees a trophy. i had to spend hundreds just to get him were he is today. they have a rule against making the pw-50 a modded machine here(AMA). but now that i have permission to take him to this track to practice anytime i want he will be better there. i lost a good place for him to ride as the owner had an attitude. but now we have a great time together tuning the bike and talking his troubles over. cant wait till the next race there JUNE 22nd.thanks again tim. thats the best reply i have gotten about anything lately. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ace Mon
06-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Who would have guessed LiL' G would have turned out to be a pimp so early ? I say he's a spittin' image of the ol' man !

TimSr
06-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Hey G-Man, lets just say I know the pride you feel when the little guy is out there in all his gear, doing his best, and having fun, without even counting how many kids are in front or behind him. I KNOW what you are feeling!!