PDA

View Full Version : Should Bush be charged with crimes?

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Should Bush be charged with crimes?

The Goat
04-20-2008, 10:47 PM
hasn't done anything illegal actually....and that's coming from a liberal.

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 10:48 PM
you do think the economy or the cost of fuel can be traced back to him?

edog
04-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Yes..............

The Goat
04-20-2008, 11:03 PM
no actually.

take the housing market for example...it rises and falls.

in 1945, if you bought a house, your house wouldn't be worth what you paid for it again until the mid 1970s. people were fine with that. why...because you live in a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* house. it is a need...you need a place to live.

the housing market didn't begin it's freak rise until the early 90s...it was due to fall. it's a self correction thing.

as for the price of fuel. UOE realized they could sell oil for basically any price that they wished...and people would still buy it. It would be ignorant on their part not to raise the price.

perhaps you would like this current "recession" explained...same situation...it goes up...it goes down. the end. anyone who thinks otherwise is ignoring both history...and fact. granted, in economics, no previous historical occurrence can dictate the future, but looking at it over time...it goes up, it goes down.

perhaps you would like to argue the start of the iraqi war. were there WMDs? well...we sold em to the country...and they weren't all used. so...yeah, unless they were destroyed, which they weren't, as saddam was THE richest man in the world. with over 300 TRILLION...yes...trillion in oil assets. No point in selling weapons for a pittance. So...if they were there...and they weren't used (and no man would destroy the only means he has to defend his country) it would logically mean that they were either sold...or they haven't been found yet.

And even if they wouldn't have said...we're going over there to look for WMDs...even if they would have said, "hey, we want to drop a democracy in the middle east...and we need a trial specimen. we're using iraq...so piss off." at the time that the invasion began, nearly 80% of america would have been FINE with that.

staying with economics though, blaming bush for a poor economy...would be like blaming the weatherman for bad weather.

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:10 PM
i do know about the rest of you but i am getting tired of the bs that is going on. i do not know how to do screen shoots so you will have to check the links

check the common denominators

Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM)
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=XOM

JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM)
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=JPM

Barclays Global Investors UK Holdings

VANGUARD GROUP, INC

NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION

the housing market is just an excuse. something can be done about it today. but certain groups are making alot of money.

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:14 PM
what business did the pope have taking to Bush behind closed doors? the 1st amendment is to separate church and state? it should not have been allowed. whatever was discussed was so important Bush had to tell the prime minister then convey the information to Korea. All in person not by phone or other means that can be intercepted.

edog
04-20-2008, 11:16 PM
no actually.

in 1945, if you bought a house, your house wouldn't be worth what you paid for it again until the mid 1970s. people were fine with that. why...because you live in a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* house. it is a need...you need a place to live.

the housing market didn't begin it's freak rise until the early 90s...it was due to fall. it's a self correction thing.

as for the price of fuel. UOE realized they could sell oil for basically any price that they wished...and people would still buy it. It would be ignorant on their part not to raise the price.

perhaps you would like this current "recession" explained...same situation...it goes up...it goes down. the end. anyone who thinks otherwise is ignoring both history...and fact. granted, in economics, no previous historical occurrence can dictate the future, but looking at it over time...it goes up, it goes down.

perhaps you would like to argue the start of the iraqi war. were there WMDs? well...we sold em to the country...and they weren't all used. so...yeah, unless they were destroyed, which they weren't, as saddam was THE richest man in the world. with over 300 TRILLION...yes...trillion in oil assets. No point in selling weapons for a pittance. So...if they were there...and they weren't used (and no man would destroy the only means he has to defend his country) it would logically mean that they were either sold...or they haven't been found yet.

And even if they wouldn't have said...we're going over there to look for WMDs...even if they would have said, "hey, we want to drop a democracy in the middle east...and we need a trial specimen. we're using iraq...so piss off." at the time that the invasion began, nearly 80% of america would have been FINE with that.

staying with economics though, blaming bush for a poor economy...would be like blaming the weatherman for bad weather.

I do blame the weather man for bad weather.:welcome:

tbirdscott
04-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Separation of church and state is a joke, always has been.

Scott

The Goat
04-20-2008, 11:22 PM
bigpimpin you're making the same mistake stalin did when he asked how many regimens the pope has.

i think he's at a billion people at last count.

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Robert Diamond, a US-born banker on the board of Barclays, was set to receive a £14.8m bonus in 2008 even though the subprime mortgage crisis in the US forced his group to take a £1.6bn hit in 2007 [18].

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:23 PM
the Vatican is probably the most powerful state in the world

The Goat
04-20-2008, 11:29 PM
it is rather amazing what one can accomplish without "weapons" lol.

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:31 PM
true statement, it is quite amazing. even more amazing is what is done under our noses

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:32 PM
you don't think the prime minister has vested interest in Barclay's?

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Exxon/Mobil is from Texas how many people do you think Bush is associated with in XOM? Because they don't hang around me or you or ride 20+ year old atc's. they go to Gala's and fund raisers for the rich

The Goat
04-20-2008, 11:38 PM
lol...is this the time to mention that i use the word summer as a verb. well...did last year.

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:40 PM
lol...is this the time to mention that i use the word summer as a verb. well...did last year.

didn't get this one

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:44 PM
no actually.

It just so happens that BAC bought out Country wide and is coincidently involved with the purchasing of Bear Sterns on cents on the dollar?

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:48 PM
and it just so happens

"Prescott Sheldon Bush (May 15, 1895 – October 8, 1972) was a United States Senator from Connecticut and a Wall Street executive banker with Brown Brothers Harriman. He was the father of former President of the United States George H. W. Bush and the grandfather of current President George W. Bush."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescott_Bush

and it just so happens

"On July 23, 2007, the BBC Radio 4 series Document reported on the alleged Business Plot and the archives from the McCormack-Dickstein Committee hearings. The program mentioned Bush's directorship of the Hamburg-America Line, a company that the committee investigated for Nazi propaganda activities, and the 1933 attempt, allegedly led by Gerald MacGuire, to stage a military coup against President Franklin D. Roosevelt aimed at forcing Roosevelt to resign (or, failing that, to assassinate him) and at installing a fascist dictatorship in the United States."

Roosevelt signed the declaration for WWI

and it just so happens Samuel P. Bush

"Just two years later, in 1901 he returned to Columbus to be General Manager of Buckeye Steel Castings Company, which manufactured railway parts. The company was run by Frank Rockefeller, the brother of oil magnate John D. Rockefeller, and among its clients were the railroads controlled by E. H. Harriman. The Bush and Harriman families would be closely associated at least until the end of World War II. In 1908 Rockefeller retired and Bush became President of Buckeye, a position he would hold until 1927, becoming one of the top industrialists of his generation."

"In the spring of 1918, banker Bernard Baruch was asked to reorganize the War Industries Board as the U.S. prepared to enter World War I, and placed several prominent businessmen to key posts. Bush became chief of the Ordnance, Small Arms, and Ammunition Section, with national responsibility for government assistance to and relations with munitions companies"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Prescott_Bush

The Goat
04-20-2008, 11:48 PM
I "summered" in the bars and by the pool last year. it's a retarded rich comment...too bad i'm poor. lol.

here's a liberal joke for you. John kerry married the heiress to heinz ketchup...what does that mean?

It means he has to smack her on the bottom or stick something in her neck to make her come.

mods...by all means delete that one if it goes too far. My professor told me that one the other day.

The Goat
04-20-2008, 11:51 PM
and it just so happens

Prescott Sheldon Bush (May 15, 1895 – October 8, 1972) was a United States Senator from Connecticut and a Wall Street executive banker with Brown Brothers Harriman. He was the father of former President of the United States George H. W. Bush and the grandfather of current President George W. Bush.

find me a president who was completely morally upright.

I want clinton back...and if he was able to run I would predict the highest win margin in history.

bigpimpin
04-20-2008, 11:58 PM
i do not care for anyone running but i actually think Hillary would be "best for the people." they all have an agenda

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 12:03 AM
here is another freebe for everyone

"All U.S. presidents since 1989 have been Yale graduates, namely George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton (who attended the University's Law School along with his wife, New York Senator Hillary Clinton), and George W. Bush. Vice President Dick Cheney attended Yale, although he did not graduate. Many of the 2004 presidential candidates attended Yale: Bush, John Kerry, Howard Dean, and Joe Lieberman.

Other Yale-educated presidents were William Howard Taft (B.A.) and Gerald Ford (LL.B). Alumni also include several Supreme Court justices, including current Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale#Notable_alumni

84honda200s
04-21-2008, 12:09 AM
find me a president who was completely morally upright.

I want clinton back...and if he was able to run I would predict the highest win margin in history.

i agree...clinton was da best in years. id vote for him hand down. i think he did a great job for us. only if he kept willie in his pants. not that i think its anyones business what he did/does on his own time. people need to learn to butt out of others lives .

oooo and yes bush should be charged. we are at war cuz he had a "hunch" (as i like to call it) that they had weapons of mass destruction. i honestly think he didnt have jack for proof that they did. he just wanted to impress daddy by beating up on a country like his daddy did.. ooooo and not to mention he is a oil man and ill bet he is getting some kinda money out of it. isnt there a federal oil reserve for when we run out or oil prices go up drastically ? (i dont really know thats why im asking)

blllaaaaaa ill be happy once he out of office. i wouldnt vote for him to be the head night janitor manager at a exxon gas station in the middle of the desert !!!!

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 12:16 AM
if you short the US dollar, oil will go up as the dollar buys less. the barrel of oil gets traded in US dollars around the world. the barrel was $20.00 a barrel when Bush took office it is now @ $116

http://www.nymex.com/index.aspx

it is all a bunch of BS and is purposely done so certain groups can make alot of money and should not be allowed

dreadhed
04-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Hillary would be "best for the people." they all have an agenda
LMAO Really she does not have agenda? Be careful not to look to far past you one sided political views....you might see some truth:eek:

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 12:39 AM
what is one sided about it? everything i stated was done with documented links

dreadhed
04-21-2008, 01:27 AM
Oops I misread you post. I really didn't check you links out to much. I thought you said Hillary had no agenda. Hillary is not for the people at all. Really though a Clinton is no better than a Bush. They are both pretty much the same, they want to take away our rights. People need to quit looking at it from a left or right point of view. Most all of them are bastards, but it's the peoples fault for not doing some thing about it. Most people don't really care as long as all seems normal.

As far the economy going down hill, it has been a long time coming. Our banking system is a scam & has been for a long time.

Maybe another question for your post should Hillary & Bill be charge with any crimes? I can come with all kinds of reasons all three of them suck.

The Goat
04-21-2008, 01:32 AM
first thing you should learn is to consider the reliability of your sources. hell, if I was debating you, I could tear you apart just for mentioning wikipedia.

also...your signature does you little credit.

i must agree with dreadhed. the extremists...be them either far right or left are the scary individuals, for those individuals are the ones who believe so blindly that their actions are controlled by the thoughts and feelings of others.

the only thing worse than a man who believes nothing he hears...is a man who believes everything.

Now I'm not calling bigpimpin an extremist...and he's actually presented all of his points very well...(except for hillary not having an agenda...that's just laughable). But we all need to lighten up.

All of the candidates are garbage. Rudy was the one man whom I would trust as a president. Why? Because on September 11th...I remember seeing him walking the streets of NY. He is a man who keeps his cool, can think on his feet, and actually has a mind capable of existing outside of academia. Instead...we have three worthless candidates.

I'd like a new option this year when voting...the option to vote *None of the above

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 08:39 AM
they are all garbage it happens every election. i didn't say Hillary didn't have a agenda, they all do. i meant she was probably the best choice of the three

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Here is one for you Goat. did you know subliminal advertising is illegal? it is, except in campaigning. if you have Tivo record a commercial from one of the candidates. and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/09/13/subliminal.advertising.ap/index.html

During the 2000 U.S. presidential campaign, a television ad campaigning for Republican candidate George W. Bush showed words (and parts thereof) scaling from the foreground to the background on a television screen. When the word BUREAUCRATS flashed on the screen, one frame showed only the last part, RATS.[26][27] The FCC looked into the matter,[28] but no penalties were ever assessed in the case.[

http://www.bushwatch.com/rats.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_message

edog
04-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Remember the bill he signed with china while in office.Thats where a good portions of jobs went.

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 09:43 AM
there is a vested interest there. edog i am glad to see you a not blind. i would say your about 1 to 3 % of the population from my observations. I also want to personally thank Billy for letting this discussion continue

undeadanger
04-21-2008, 10:09 AM
it dosent matter what people think or say it all comes down to one point in life either you are rich or poor , and into todays society it dosent matter how you get it as long as you get it . haven a President is just for looks he cant really do any thing about any thing just stand there and wave and smile .

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 10:14 AM
it doesn't matter what people think or say it all comes down to one point in life either you are rich or poor , and into todays society it doesn't matter how you get it as long as you get it . haven a President is just for looks he cant really do any thing about any thing just stand there and wave and smile .

do take this the wrong way, education is power. educate yourself

undeadanger
04-21-2008, 10:36 AM
I do have a education 4 years in college . plus many more in training and so on . this is just my Opinion and how i see it . it really doesnt matter what the President says or does if he dosent have the support of the Congress , Senate, and the House of Representatives . Its just a bunch of words that mean nothing . last time i checked the Elected Officials of the United States of America was for the people , Elected by the people . So all of what is going on in United States is to blame on the people that went to the poles and vote them in office .

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 10:41 AM
that is a great point, but is it the people who vote or the electoral college or delegates?

undeadanger
04-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes i dont not agree with the electoral college and so on . I belive if you pay taxs in United States of America you have a right to vote and the electoral college should not have any weight in the process of the election of the President . One vote one person . At the end of the night count them votes up and send a new President to office.

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Finally, i thought i was alone. the electoral vote is to keep the rich and powerful in place and is another item that should be changed:beer

undeadanger
04-21-2008, 12:05 PM
yes i agree their , if we cast a vote it should count . seems to me that the electoral vote is a form of dictator ship . it takes the power out of the peoples hand and places it in the hands of a small few. the last time i checked i dont think the electoral commitey was paying my bills , so how do they know who i want to be my leader

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 12:10 PM
what are the common denominators?

http://www.nsa.gov/home_html.cfm

http://www.dtv.gov/

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/patriotact/

our rights are being stripped from us

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 01:04 PM
my exxon/mobil credit card is owned by Citibank look at the major holders of Citibank

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=C

https://www.accountonline.com/ACQ/DisplayTerms?sc=QEATNI0000000800040&app=UNSOL&siteId=ploc_exxonmobil&langId=en&BUS_TYP_CD=consumer&DOWNSELL_LEVEL=0&BALCON_SC=&B=&DOWNSELL_BRANDS=

anyone want to chime?

The Goat
04-21-2008, 01:10 PM
it's the number 23....it's what's really ruling us all.

Billy Golightly
04-21-2008, 01:31 PM
So all of the Bush family have been successful entrepreneurs and werent workin at McDonalds for 7.95 an hour for 1/2 of their life. What is the problem? If this country is so shitty go move somewheres else or start your own.

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 01:41 PM
check out the sand dunes in Brazil.

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/TAR1160.jpg

The Goat
04-21-2008, 01:46 PM
dear bigpimpin...don't send me pms telling me to read this thread. my inbox gets enough traffic as it is.

dear billy....agreed

bigpimpin
04-21-2008, 01:52 PM
bro, not looking to offend you. just looking for your feedback since are not soft spoken. if your opinion didn't mean anything to me i would not have brought it to your attention. and i only sent you one pm

Billy Golightly
04-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I hope to God you don't seriously find wikipedia or anything it links to as a reliable source of valid information. I also hope to God you don't believe that zeitgeist movie doesn't have its own fair share of subliminal messaging. I find it "odd" that so many of these things that are purported to be "the truth" or "what they don't want you to see" are thought to be purity. You just think theres some crazy mind bending and warping stuff going on in everyday life, if you only knew how much tact was being used in these types of communications you really would be pissed. Society has had 1,000s of years to learn how to guide and mis-direct the human mind, don't think they haven't been trying.

hancadam
04-21-2008, 07:58 PM
The actual topic of this thread is seriously lame. I love how most blame all of our problems on the president. It really gets old. It doesn't matter if its a dem or rep either. The econemy will be back to normal soon after the election no matter who is nominated. I honestly cannot fathom anther Clinton in office, and Obama is worse. Fred Thompson was our real option but we blew it. We are going to have some real problems soon from Russia and China. Our country better wake up. If we think the issues we have now are bad just wait. Most people in America want the government to function like parents. That is the complete opposite of what this country was founded on.

The Goat
04-21-2008, 09:08 PM
I hope to God you don't seriously find wikipedia or anything it links to as a reliable source of valid information.

lol...if you knew how many times I used the books and scholarly articles linked on wikipedia to find decent sources for papers.

I wouldn't bet my reputation on the information listed there.

sorry bigpimpin about snapping about the pm. You would just be amazed at some of the PMs that I receive, most are normal, looking for parts and such, but good god I can't stand getting a PM from a member who either:

1) insults me for the hell of it and doesn't like me because I didn't buy their overpriced parts when I first arrived on the forums. (I am poor, but I'm more than willing to spend money on things that are actually worth it, a couple of members can attest to that. 80 bucks for a grab bar and 70 for a clutch lever...isn't worth it, sorry.)

2) asks me the most retarded questions in the world about the lifan swap. (I *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* you not, "do you know what district in China the Lifans are made?" no...i don't, and I don't care. If you need help with the wiring harness or are curious where I purchased mine, I'll gladly help you, if you just wish to ask irrelevant questions like that, please don't bother, you won't get a response. I'll help anyone out that I can, but not people who make me long for the days when james was here.)

3) or my personal favorite, whining because I said something in a thread they didn't like or agree with. (grow up)

I think that about finishes this rant.

as for the information on this thread...

read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushly

that's how reliable wikipedia is.

EDIT: I had to delete my article or they were banning my wiki account. It basically said that the president loves board members named bigpimpin and is sometimes referred to as God.

edog
04-21-2008, 09:57 PM
EDIT: I had to delete my article or they were banning my wiki account. It basically said that the president loves board members named bigpimpin and is sometimes referred to as God.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigpimpin
04-22-2008, 12:29 AM
I will say this, what is happening is unprecedented. what is worrisome, is nothing is being done about it. when regular gas hits $4.00 a gallon i will bet to say people are going to get killed over fuel and food. just watch the local news and see what is happening now

dreadhed
04-22-2008, 12:58 AM
it's the number 23....it's what's really ruling us all.
LMAO I thought 23 was the answer to question of life.

The Goat
04-22-2008, 01:46 AM
should have been in louisiana post katrina...people were getting killed over fuel. and gas was only 3.36 then.

the national guard was waxing people left and right in new orleans. that didn't make the news now did it? then again it was retarded individuals firing upon he choppers dropping food and water...but thems the breaks.

nothing that is occurring is really unprecedented, and it certainly isn't unpredicted; it's all about correction. parts of asia went through the same thing years ago.

300rman
04-22-2008, 05:51 AM
So all of the Bush family have been successful entrepreneurs and werent workin at McDonalds for 7.95 an hour for 1/2 of their life. What is the problem? If this country is so shitty go move somewheres else or start your own.

theres a difference in being an entrepreneur and raping people for a necessity. im not saying it is the pres. fault for the fuel prices, but regardless, WE are getting screwed. i have seen people lose their home due to high fuel prices.

as for the country being crappy.....well, electoral college is BS. it needs to go. period. they are the reason i wont bother to vote in the presidency.......

locally, there was a big battle between the people and the city with these stupid ass photo finish camera traffic lights. guess what? the people LOST and now we "have" to pay them......how much BS is that that a city is forced to deal with something like this when it is almost unanimous with the citizens that they arent wanted?

same with the gun laws...that should be put to PUBLIC vote, since it is the entire PUBLIC that it will affect. guns would be voted to be kept at somewhere a 75%-25% ratio i am willing to bet.

point is, that many things should be put to a public vote. ESPECIALLY ANYTHING that challenges anything in the countries constitution/bill of rights. even moreso the North American Union. the people of this country would shoot that pile of crap down faster than a missile to a terrorist chopper........

bigpimpin
04-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Son, I am born and raised in Miam, Fl seen many hurricanes, I have seen with my own eyes people shot over food and fuel. if the same groups control fuel and our money what do we have control of?

bigpimpin
04-22-2008, 06:10 AM
they communicate in person so nothing can be intercepted. check the past couple days, where and what Condoleezza and Bush where doing from your own sources. then check Condelezza worked for the oil companies. then see New World Order from your own sources. it is on the back of a US dollar

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/26/US_Great_Seal_Reverse.svg/250px-US_Great_Seal_Reverse.svg.png

bigpimpin
04-22-2008, 01:53 PM
ok now oil nearing $120.00 a barrel i will settle for impeachment:D

The Goat
04-22-2008, 01:56 PM
with that last post...you're turning into a fringe.

and Son, post katrian was interesting, becausee there was no damaged property within 100 miles of my home...but we had an influx over 150,000 people...all who wanted a hand out. FEMA gave out debit cards to people, jewelry sales in baton rouge went up 800 percent. The size of the city, doubled...overnight. now we usually have an extra 70 or 80 thousand on the weekends...but this was chaos.

so son, until you have to carry a pistol in plain sight to pump your gas at a local rural gas station...i don't want to hear *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* from you.

bigpimpin
04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Mr. Goat don't take things personally. I myself am not going to keep looking the other way as if nothing is going on in the world. that is the issue, nobody is doing anything about it. What is happening is for real and a major time line in history, I assure you

Billy Golightly
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
No its not, you people that are bitching about how bad it is right now have no idea. Do none of you have a person in your household that LIVED through the great depression? Not read about it in a book or on wikiepedia :rolleyes:, LIVED through the great depression?

FOOD was being rationed. For Christ sakes, do you understand that, FOOD was being rationed. That means it DID NOT MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAD, you couldn't get it. Is food and gas expensive now? Hell yeah, I'm not saying it aint but atleast you CAN still get it.

I figured the bear stearns thing was gonna get brought up again. The "Government sale for pennies making billions for JP Morgan" of Bear Stearns saved hundreds of thousands of investors from totally losing their asses. When you read the word in investors you probably think big rich suit and tie in a sky scraper looking down at the sidewalk 30 stories below, but people with retirement funds and all sorts of everyday people are investors. You see, when Bear Stearns sold to JP Morgan, the customers investments and money was transfered to JP Morgan's holding instead of just being flushed completely down the toilet. What did Hoover, and then Rosevelt do when the markets crashed and the banks closed, did they or their cabinet arrange for another company to buy the bankrupt ones to save the "little people" that trusted and put their money in funds, or just kept it deposited in banks?

NOPE! Poof and it was gone. The banks closed their doors and that was it.

The fact of the matter is we've been living in an economic bubble for the past 15 years, a pretty big one, and now its having to subside. Could it get as bad as the 30s? Well, it might but we aint even a fractions worth towards it yet.

undeadanger
04-22-2008, 05:42 PM
thats the truth there about the depression there. i used to hear my grandfather take about it . i hope we never have another one because its going to hurt alot of people that can help there selfs.

piroguedog
04-22-2008, 10:42 PM
OK...........Here's my 2cents. Big...Pimpin..., do a bit of research on what Clinton's term added to the national debt during a "peace time?" Compare it to what was added to the debt during World War II. Another thing, put another clinton in office and count the years that TWO families have run our country. No one has a leg to stand on if they're going to whine about how rich one president is compared to another. IF you look at where (who) the money is coming from for each candidate and realize how much per month that they are able to raise to get themselves elected you'd be worried about more than how much oil is per barrel. If you'd invested in oil when it was cheap i guess you'd really be big pimpin. If anyone thinks that we shouldn't be war miinded in our actions as a country, your blind to the history of the world and living in a fairytale. There is a very large group of people that believe it is morally just to kill you because of how you pray right this second and has been working towards doing so for so long that if you think that it is absurd to believe that there hasn't been attempts to infiltrate our government for complete sabotage youre blind, deaf and dumb. Price of gas, taxes, who's getting rich,........these things will be a complaint no matter who's in charge. who's gonna keep us safe??

bigpimpin
04-22-2008, 11:26 PM
maybe, the politicians should duke things out themselves and not use or brothers and sisters to do it. where are all of our local, state and government politicians now? there aren't out fighting for us for our homes , to lower food costs or fuel costs . I cant think of one, that is out there making things happen now for any of us, but when they want votes they real easy to find aren't they?

hancadam
04-23-2008, 07:50 PM
OK...........Here's my 2cents. Big...Pimpin..., do a bit of research on what Clinton's term added to the national debt during a "peace time?" Compare it to what was added to the debt during World War II. Another thing, put another clinton in office and count the years that TWO families have run our country. No one has a leg to stand on if they're going to whine about how rich one president is compared to another. IF you look at where (who) the money is coming from for each candidate and realize how much per month that they are able to raise to get themselves elected you'd be worried about more than how much oil is per barrel. If you'd invested in oil when it was cheap i guess you'd really be big pimpin. If anyone thinks that we shouldn't be war miinded in our actions as a country, your blind to the history of the world and living in a fairytale. There is a very large group of people that believe it is morally just to kill you because of how you pray right this second and has been working towards doing so for so long that if you think that it is absurd to believe that there hasn't been attempts to infiltrate our government for complete sabotage youre blind, deaf and dumb. Price of gas, taxes, who's getting rich,........these things will be a complaint no matter who's in charge. who's gonna keep us safe??

Thank you so much, finally someone who makes sense. People don't understand that we do not want the gov to "fix" everything. High gas prices are from our free market working. Simple supply and demand. There is less and less of the supply, but more and more demand. Guess what the price is going to do. BUT as gas goes up, it makes other technologies viable like: ethanol, coal to oil, hybrids, solar, wind, etc. Before it was to expensive and risky to invest in these options. Now that oil is not the cheap alternative these other technologies are starting to gain ground. Once again, thats how our market works. Do you remember the last time our government set a limit on gas prices? Remember the 70's when gas stations where sold out of gas? The only way to get gas cheaper is to use less or find more. How do you expect the government to do this? By setting more and more regulations on us? Also do not expect taxes to be low when our county wants our government to do and provide everything. Most Americans are to lazy to find out for themselves the real solutions and problems, instead we blame others. Thats the much easier option.

hancadam
04-23-2008, 07:56 PM
maybe, the politicians should duke things out themselves and not use or brothers and sisters to do it. where are all of our local, state and government politicians now? there aren't out fighting for us for our homes , to lower food costs or fuel costs . I cant think of one, that is out there making things happen now for any of us, but when they want votes they real easy to find aren't they?

This is simply sad! What happened to self responsibility and independence? We do not need to run to big Momma Government each time we have a problem. We will be let down every time. Name one thing that the government does well and efficiently? Other than Military not much. Our country is the most powerful because of free market. Every other wealthy country is also a free market with few exceptions. Be patient and let the market work.